1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Come join the RP Section for the monthly world (universe?) creation contest. This month's theme is space opera.

So charge the hyperdrive, power up the plasma cannons, and set sail for new worlds!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the NF Awards! Nominate your favorite posters!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The World Cup is about to begin, which means it’s time to start proudly repping your country. We’ve created a special new feature for you guys exclusively for this big event! Click here to learn more!!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the latest Newsletter!

Click here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The future of the Cafe Subsections is up to you. Vote here to make your voice heard!"

Click here
    Dismiss Notice

3rd Raikage and Rasa vs Old Hiruzen and Tsunade

Discussion in 'Naruto Battledome' started by Orochimaruwantsyourbody, May 9, 2018.

1. hbcaptain Well-Known Member

Featwise, it's hard to imagine old Hiruzen or Tsunade defeating AAA, even as a tag team. They clearly lack DC, reactions and defense to stand up to his speed, Nukite and extremely sturden body.
    Their only chance is to coordinate an assault upon which both Tsunade and Hiruzen touch him with their most powerful ninjutsu. Something extremely hard to accomplish giving AAA recations in RCM.
    Maybe this can be possible with a giant Katsuyu's support (her acid spitting is quite fast).
    In other hands, portrayalwise, it's unlikely that AAA can defeat these two at the same and normally, he should be overwhelmed wit ease.
    That's why I think Kishi screwed with old Kages techniques, the latters received their fighting style very late in the manga, a time in wich fighting standards were extremely high compared to P1 and also the beginning of P2. That's why, they seem stronger than the Sannin featwise, some times we even imagine them defeating some pinnackle Kage level fighters such as Minato or Tobirama whilst their portrayal doesn't suggest so.
    Overall, I think if the fight actually happened in the manga Hiruzen&Tsunade would've won even with Rasa's support (since Rasa is one of the weakest Kages in history).

2. NooodleBowl Well-Known Member

I feel like the main fight will be hiruzen vs A3 but Sara and Tsunade are really good. Tsunade is one of the best supporting ninja in the world and Sara is one of the best Long distance ninja in the world but being in the location . A3 is hella fast but it was shown the Sage mode naruto was able to weave around him and put a rassengan into his arm. I am willing to say tho that Hiruzen or even Tsunade is as fast as SM naruto but not KCM naruto (i could be completely wrong tho). I would still say that A3 can solo this because of his body sustain. While in edo tensei -and edo tensei weakens people- he wasn't killed by Rassen shuriken at KCM naruto speed, he was only knocked out for a second. (that is how he got out of the sealing and naruto had to ask 8 tails how A3 got injured) I wouldn't say that anything that hiruzen has is as strong as a rassen shuriken, and wind release is his weakness (granted hiruzen was proficient in all 5 releases). Tsunade's strenght could catch him off guard but with Sara support I don't see her getting close to A3.

3. Miserea Active Member

If we go off of Hiruzen's wind release being enough to blow off the cloak what's stopping Rasa from intercepting it long range. Even if you don't think he can wall that the power will be greatly reduced and possibly even allow the Raikage time to dodge with his speed. As much as people think Rasa sucks he IS a Kage level and this IS a team battle he's plenty capable of contributing. it's not uncommon at all in Naruto for lower tier characters to make a difference in teams against ones stronger than themselves. If they try to take him out to get rid of his interference that also leaves them open to the Raikage's assault.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Orochimaruwantsyourbody Well-Known Member

Probably not, but they might not allow his clone to kill them with their own attack.

:mitsukisip

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Alita54 Alita>You

Can't tell if your joking or serious here.

6. InfiniteHiraishin Lil B's Ghostwriter

I have Tsunade > Old Hiruzen ~ Rasa

I have Sannin over their sensei out of his prime, and both Hiruzen and Rasa took Ls to Orochimaru, however Hiruzen seemingly gave Orochimaru the most difficulty with a long fight (along with two Imperfect Edo Hokages) and kept a close match till the end when he had to pull out RDS.

The main question here is how will they deal with A3. I’m not too well-versed with the Third Raikage, but I know his high regard in the NBD because of the difficulty of bringing him down: insane speed, strength, and durability combined. He showed great feats against SM and KCM1 Naruto, so I’m going to come back to this after I reread those chapters and see if there’s a specific way Hiruzen or Tsunade can breach his defenses.

7. The Pirate on Wheels The Missing Link

Does anybody seriously think the most ninjutsuy of ninjutsu Hokage who learned all of the ninjutsus and got his hands praised by two other kage and Orochimaru is slower at the ninjutsu things than Dodai?

I mean you will now that I said that to disagree with me, but in real life land where you're just being a real person and not trying to win at stuff and be righter than me.

Like, if your little brother got into Naruto because you're a bad sibling and didn't stop them asked you, "Who's faster with ninjutsu, The Hokage or this uncle rubber guy who was in that one chapter?" I feel like everyone would say, "The Hokage, duh," and then tell him to stop.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  8. Architect of the Works of Beauty

Iceland
    Why is this thing still going on?

9. Shark Bijū

Hiruzen activated Prime no Jutsu and utilized FRS thinking the Futon would upset the Raiton. When that didn't work, he activated SM and soloed the Raikage Naruto-style.

Tsunade defeated Rasa by mentioning to him that she is a Sannin (i.e she used Sannin no Jutsu) just like Orochimaru and thus she is also > him. Rasa succumbed to the injuries inflicted by her canon statement.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  10. Architect of the Works of Beauty

Iceland
    So sad tapping into Primeforce as well as using Time Travel Technique is prohibited... People need to be reminded of that.
    Must be a really exhausting jutsu.

11. The Pirate on Wheels The Missing Link

It was heavily implied he became kage because he could use his jutsu to pay the electric bill, and then his gold had to hard counter the weakest of the bijuu by being innately heavier for him to serve a purpose in suppressing it. It was implied that he struggled to do that much, unlike every other kage who beat up their much stronger bijuus.

Hiruzen past his prime pushed the full kyuubi outside the village.
    Minato beat it.
    Hashirama beat it with a dragon his mokumecha wore as a hat while the moku mecha was a bigger hat for his bhudda.
    The Gin/Kin bros assaulted Tobirama and some Raikage with the kyuubi somehow (that doesn't really make sense but something like that happened?)

Some Mizukage had full control over his bijuu.

Sandaime Raikage 1v1'd the 8 tails.
    Regular Raikage chopped his horn off while suppressing him.

Previous Kazekages defeated and sealed the 1 tails for a long time, including 3rd Kazekage who was actually pretty kewl and respected for being strong and being the only non-sucky Suna nin outside Chiyo and her bro and I guess that one dry girl who was revived as an edo. Maybe Baki, who mysteriously stopped existing after part 1.

Tsuchikages only got a backstory of polishing rocks, but they had jinton and stuff and old dude beat a bunch of Susano's with a supplemental technique.

When Kabuto tried to pep talk Orochimaru, he's like, "Hey, you killed two of the 5 kages! That's something."

Then Oro's like, "Yeah, but one of them was Sand."

"Okay that's fair, but Hiruzen was good!"

Nobody respects this man. Not even his kids. Who didn't even seem to care that he died. And his dying speech was apologizing for how bad he was at everything. Like, think about it. He was replaced by a 13-14 year old and everyone was happy they had a good kazekage again, that they could be proud of. :ike the Third one they had. That's so bad. His best plan to put them back on the map was sealing a bijuu inside his son, killing his wife, declaring war, and teaming up with a sociopathic outlaw and his fresh new ninja-start-up because they had more power in Oro and his fodder than Suna could train in a decade.

Like. He's just bad.

And I need everyone understands how garbo he is.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  12. Architect of the Works of Beauty

Iceland
    together with many other shinobi
    ftfy
    didn't this also happen in manga?

13. Polandfan Time to retire from NF. "This is it"

Rasa and A3 wins. A3 is almost untouchable with his armor, so he can survive most of Hiruzen's attacks. Tsunade can't also hit him and Rasa so easily, because one is long range fighter and the other has abnormal speed. I thinkt that at some point Raikage would catch Hiruzen off guard. Later they will kill Tsunade. Suna/Kumo duo mid diffs.

14. Miserea Active Member

Half of this is taken out of context and largely irrelevant to the match up. A good chunk is also just about him being a shit person/dad which has no bearing on how he'd perform in a fight (Tho I agree there). Being inferior to war arc Gaara hardly means he's not Kage level and Gyuki also outright stated that the number of tails does not indicate a Bijuu's power standing vs the other ones. Kurama just happens to be stronger than the others. I don't recall Orochimaru actually saying that either. Plus they ambushed him when they should've been allies.

Anyway it's not really being disputed that Rasa can stand up to either Tsunade or Hiruzen on his own. The point here is that he's still been shown to use his Jutsu competently, and it's incredible useful+versatile as a support technique. So when paired with a devastating frontal fighter like the Third Raikage, it's an extremely hard to deal with formation.

15. The Pirate on Wheels The Missing Link

Being a terrible dad is an extension of being terrible at everything. Being terrible at everything extends to being terrible in a fight. His, "strength," as a kage was being a little conniving and smart, and specialized. But his attempts at being conniving and smart were what killed him and got all those around him in trouble. Both as a kage, as a father, and as a fighter.

Like what killed him in his fight was doing something kinda smart and then having it backfire a little later spectacularly. Just like, I dunno, allying with Oro got him killed and almost destroyed Suna, and putting a bijuu in his son created a monster.

"together with many other shinobi"

All the other kage had sealing teams. You didn't caveat that when Ei chopped of the horn there were other shinobi helping him in the fight. What's up with that?

Either it's assumed for everyone because we're taking it for granted we all looked at the scribbles, or it's assumed for none of them and you should fix all of it.

"didn't this also happen in manga?"

He existed in the council room at the start of part 2, and then maybe at the end when Gaara un-died. But then he stopped. If you can find manga pictures of him past the Suna arc, go for it. I didn't see them.

"I don't recall Orochimaru actually saying that either."

It's when Kabuto is trying to cheer up Oro when they're waiting for Kimi to come back with Sasuke. Kabuto praises him for killing two kage, and then tells him the Hokage was the strongest of them all, and Oro dismisses it.

"Plus they ambushed him when they should've been allies."

Hey you know who else got ambushed by his "ally," and then was not unceremoniously dumped on the side of the road with no signs of struggle? Hiruzen.

"Being inferior to war arc Gaara hardly means he's not Kage level and Gyuki also outright stated that the number of tails does not indicate a Bijuu's power standing vs the other ones."

He was inferior to start of part 2 Gaara. The youngest and least experienced of the kage. He is the Sakura of kage, if Sakura wasn't even trained by a Sannin. The Part I Sakura of kage.

"The point here is that he's still been shown to use his Jutsu competently"

I contest this point.

16. Miserea Active Member

Not...really...considering you DO need a certain level of battle competence to be a Kage. Especially for a village with reclining military power. A weak leader is like an invitation to be invaded. Hiruzen also made a lot of concerning and negligent decisions as Kage, but how does that influence his fighting ability at all? Rasa was far from the best and def no higher than low kage but that doesn't mean he's useless in a team fight. Unless you're going to try and argue he's less than chuunin level.

I went back and checked over several points as well and there was no indication that he became Kazekage solely bc of his gold manipulation either but that it was one of the things they suggested they could use to keep things going along with his development of new techniques already during his term.

You're gonna have to get a scan for this part bc I skimmed around the Sasuke rescue arc and none of the Orochimaru+Kabuto conversations mentioned Rasa so I'd appreciate that. The one's I did see had them commenting that if Kimimaro had been with them the assassination of the Third Hokage would've gone smoothly but not otherwise. Which is of note in the anime that Kimimaro was with the two of them during the ambush on Rasa. However I don't think they showed it in the manga so I get if that doesn't hold weight. However it is stated that Kabuto was assisting him by Sasori's admission when Chiyo accused him of being involved with 3 incidents regarding their Kages. Kabuto we know is comparable to Kakashi.

BOS Gaara was also able to match Deidara and a Jinchuuriki so I'm not sure how that changes Rasa being Low Kage. Which goes with my point anyway, Gaara taking care of him was a matter of Gaara being superior but that doesn't make Rasa a "weakling". He's been shown capable of making large Tsunamis, taking apart Gaara's desert hands that had caught all 3 of the grounded Kage, and throwing up defensive shields. That's plenty to show he can support effectively and throw up interference. When he was caught by Karura as well he basically just gave up there instead of doing what he did earlier to get out bc he realized he was wrong. While the others had also been caught by it to show it was fast enough to catch Kage levels in the first place.