1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

A 99% Perfect "D." Theory

Discussion in 'One Piece Harbour' started by Hitotsumami, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Hitotsumami

Quoted from "Fire Fist" Ace from AP Forums:

[QUOTE="Fire Fist" Ace from AP Forums]I have three words for you:

Bell of Shandia.

To put it bluntly, every elderly person that met Roger admired him. Crocus, Doctorine, Gan Fall, Kokoro, Tom, hell, it's even hinted Smoker and Kuzan held some admiration for him. Smoker witnessed his execution in Loguetown 22 years ago (And I'm not just basing that on filler, because he wouldn't have known if Roger smiled or not unless he saw it himself).

It was all planned. The biggest give away is Dragon's dialogue in Chapter 100. He's apparently reflecting on something that someone (most likely Roger) told him when he's talking about a pirate being a good idea.

Now, here's the killer line:

Dragon: HAHA... COME BACK SOMETIME, IF THAT'S THE WAY YOU DO IT!!!

Why would Dragon say this, unless he knew the connection?

My best guess?

I've been crunching the numbers and it's been a bit of a headache, but here's what I've come up with.

The D means Doppleganger, a german word that can't be directly translated. Roughly, it means "Double Walker". It's a ghost image of your own self.

Long ago, Gol Roger was King of a Pirate Nation that ruled the world. As long as a person could dream, they were given a place in the kingdom. His advisors were various people: Ragon the Chancellor, Teach the Treasurer (Edward means Wealth Keeper), Newgate the Herdsman (Marshall means Horse Keeper), Saul the Jaguar (As in an animal Guardian), Luffy the Monkey (Same as Saul), Ace the Dockmaster (I think Portgas is latin, but I can't find it) , and an unknown seventh advisor.

This seventh person was actually a double agent for those who did not want to dream anymore or let anyone else dream; rather, they wanted absolute control over the world. They also feared death.

Rather than fight the Pirate Nation, the secret group of men instead build a temple in the center of the world, a citadel that was impossibly tall. Using an ancient ritual, they spread a vapor that covered the world. Over the course of time, it began to cover the entire kingdom. In desperation, people fled for their lives, each inscribing a piece of the kingdom's history on unbreakable stone and taking it with them.

In desperation, Roger and his advisors gathered together the remaining citizens of the Pirate Nation. Using the best of their skills, they built 2 ships, Posiedon and Pluton, and sent them to attack the tower.

The attack was a success, but at a great cost. The tower broke into two and collapsed on top of the world, destroying a great deal of land across the world. Because the tower had broken in two, a ring of land survived, which became known as the Red Line. On both sides of the impact point, the sheer force had caused currents and winds to stop.... permenantly. Various metals and unknown devices had fallen from the tower and into the sea, altering the magnetic currents of the planet under and beside the impact point.

Meanwhile, those who had fled from the Pirate Kingdom and those still living there found themselves changing. The strange gas that the tower had emitted had given them strange powers, but all of them found themselves powerless in water.

The only ones that found themselves unaffected was Roger and his advisors. But as they prepared to fight, the traitor sprung his trap. The leaders of the srecret organization came forth and fought against in the advisors. After a long battle, they came out even. Seeing no hope of the stalemate ending, Roger made a bargain. He would surrender himself in exchange for the lives of those in the kingdom.

Newgate objected, so Roger took his spear and slashed him, trying to goad him into obeying. Reluctantly, each of the advisors left, allowing Roger to be captured. But unknown to anyone, Roger's body had started to react to the gas...

All over the world, those exposed to gas changed into strangely shaped fruits. The people around them were appalled and called them "Fruits of the Devils" or simply "Devil Fruits". Most people shunned them, but others began to eat them, and found themselves able to absorb the powers of those that had been exposed to the tower's gas.

With the world in disarray because of the destruction of the Pirate Nation and the introduction of the devil fruits, the World Government stepped out of the shadows and attempted to unite everyone. With the massive wealth they had stolen from the Pirate Nation, they gave restitution to the nations that agreed to unite under them. Those that resisted were eventually hunted down and destroyed. Fortunately, the account of what happened was not, because the WG found themselves unable to damage the Poneglyphs.

Over the course of 100 years, battles across the planet were fought, the World Government finding each nation of resistance and decimating them one by one. However, they found themselves unable to destroy the Poneglyphs. Taking the most of the important ones to their newly established capital, Marijoi, they began erasing any knowledge of the nation's existence.

Approaching the end of their lives, the advisors returned to the ruined kingdom, expecting to find nothing. Instead, they found a note from their long-thought-dead King, telling them to take the five poneglyphs in the basement and hide them. In time, a Doppleganger would appear, gather a fragment of info from each of these five poneglyphs, and put them into One Piece, revealing the true events of the last 100 years. Every other poneglyph that had been written was a fake or a lie to fool the World Government.

Each Advisor hid their tablet and passed down the location to their descendants. So they would remember who knew the secret, they used the code word Doppleganger, but only abbreviated as D. Each of their descendants would be given the location of their family's "True" Poneglyph until the Doppleganger appeared.

Years later, the Doppleganger of King Roger appeared in Loguetown and gathered together the descendants of the Advisors one by one, as well as other crew members of superhuman strength. After locating all of the fragments, he sailed to the former location of the Kingdom and bypassed the traps that his advisors had placed around the island 800 years ago before their deaths. Once on the island, he found the blank poneglyph stone in the basement of the castle and took all the fragments into "One Piece", carving the true history into it. Having accomplished his mission, he asked his nakama to continue living their dreams, and to keep the "Will of the D" in their hearts and in their families. Being just a ghost, Roger knew it wouldn't do for himself to change the world. Instead, he told his nakama that one of those that carried the blood of the advisors would become the true Pirate King, changing the world. Returning to Loguetown, he allowed himself to be captured and executed, knowing it would only be a matter of the time before the future Pirate King appeared.

Whew, I got a headache writing that. XD
    [/QUOTE]

So, what's your thoughts on this quite good theory? ^_^

Tags:
  2. Louis-954

Thank you for posting tha, very nice theory. Rep up.

3. Sir Whirly

Intresting. I found it to be a good read. But we will see if this is anywhere close.

4. Kagutsuchi

Gold D. Roger wasn't like over 100 years old when he was killed...

5. Hitotsumami

It's a possibility, although I'm not sure if I believe it or not.

6. PinkChakra

Its a nice theory and fanfic, but realistically speaking it's not going to happen.

7. Senior_Superboy

Doctorine, or Dr. Kureha was 139 I believe. So it's possible, but I doubt it as well. Interesting story, but I doubt that's what the real truth is.

8. Space

Nice read, but frankly a bit far-fetched. Even for OP-verse, a tower that stretched tall enough to create Red Line when it fell? Where would one get the raw materials to build such a thing, for a start? Etc. I *can* see the D's connected the Poneglyphs. However, I really doubt this is 99% perfect.

(And I know the original poster isn't here, but 'Portgas' definately isn't Latin. At all. Perhaps a European language, but not Latin.)

10. Sunuvmann

Good theory but completely without evidence and is purely fanfiction at this point.

11. Loki

Now I really can't weight to see what happens next!!

btw.I think this is more a 30 teory than 99...

Last edited: Oct 14, 2006
  12. ~Shin~

13. zagman505

14. Mangekyō

Its Nice, But like most, it probably wont happen

15. narutosushi

Good theory but who really knows we just have to wait and see but as you know there are many more episodes to go and I honestly think in the end when Luffy finds One Piece that's when we will find out what happened or something like that

16. Monkey D. Luffy

This theory is pretty good but I don't really think it will happen

17. Aizen

but this is a shonen manga. its to advanced, so its not going to happen (if it did. we would know it from the begining.)

it was a good read though :)