1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice

3. Voting for the Contest Central Drawing Contest is live!
    Entries can be found here and the voting threads can be found here and here.
    Voting ends on Sunday, June the 30th!
    Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

A close look into Itachi's eye deterioration.

Discussion in 'Naruto Theories' started by Dyroness, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Dyroness x

Last edited: Jun 14, 2005
    Tags:
  2. Danny Make out with my chest

holy crap...it proves that he is really blind...and that the Sharrigan is eye cancer :/

3. Nono chocobo turned moogle

nice theory, very scientifc, i'm beginning to believe that Itachi is really going blind ... not that i care much :dance If gaara can die then Itachi can go blind :whoo

4. Nathan Lala Lamb

Wow! Great theory! I'm more convinced now! :) Good job!

5. UrKa i want a red kamel....

yay, the first good theory that i read about itachi's blindness,!!!!! :thumbs

6. Procyon Loveless

hey, as long as gaara is alive i;m good. But wow, that was freaking amazing. rep to you cor coming up with that.

8. theoneandonly is back to his origin

great elaboration about the effects of mangekyou sharingan to the vision of itachi...

9. Dyroness x

Well, it can and cannot prove that he's blind :wink . Remember I'm not stating anything yet. :spaz
    These are just the effects. The possibilities are infinite. :laugh

10. UrKa i want a red kamel....

it doesn't matter dyroness, that theoris Pwnds every counter-theory of itachi not being or going blind!
    rep u for this! it just rock! yayyy

11. Yukimura k.fmgdf,m, impossible

I think Kakashi just said that phrase to emphasize his growth of ability to Itachi, not to actually say that Itachi = blindness

Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhfjghfjghfgjfhgjfhgjfghfjghfjghfjksdjskdjskdjweiwieuiufhmnmanmnsdmnjekwjksjf

But, haha, I have an argument:

Itachi's father has been using sharingan for over 20-30 years, and HE still has PERFECT vision. You claim that sharingan stresses the eyes, but he seems to have no eye deterioration what-so-ever, even after that many years of use. Why is that? Or is it just a Kishimoto slip?

=( you break my heart

12. Dyroness x

But he didn't keep it activated all-day like Itachi, you see xD People using it not abusively can still have a nice vision after all.
    So that adds up to the Mangekyou which Fugaku didn't have. :wink

Again, people, I'm not stating anything... he may or not be blind, it's just how it would work if it really deteriorated like Kakashi said. :spaz

13. TenshiOni Active Member

Dyro i'm adding you're theory here under Uchiha Itachi's info in the Akatsuki Directory thread i made. ^_^

:knk

14. Yukimura k.fmgdf,m, impossible

Okay, sorry for being annoying, but I think I'll argue one more point

If he was going blind, then after he was escaping the frog stomach and turned his sharingan OFF, then he shouldn't have been able to see his surroundings too clearly. Why didn't he crash into a gate, which he might've presumed to be a tree?

Spoiler: ababab

Persistance is key

15. theoneandonly is back to his origin

i think the amaterasu comes out from the mouth (similar to other Katon or fire jutsus) it's that it's the most powerful Katon Jutsu IMO

16. Dyroness x

Whoever, I think he can feel Kisame's presence, and the sharky can still guide him.
    At that time, we didn't have any slim idea of him going blind XD Maybe the true symptoms appeared after the 2.5 years? :laugh

Last edited: Jun 14, 2005
  17. Mangekyou_Master Fear the Smexy Reaper

I think Itachi can sorta sense his surroundings or maybe people. He knew Sasuke was in the hall behind him without even looking.

18. abz_ Doesn't want a Custom Title

good theory :p , very little speculation and backed up well.
    itachi mentions that kakakshi cannot use the sharingan to it's fullest because he is not part of their clan. kakashi knows that (as implied in the manga), also he cannot switch off his sharingan. as a measure against the erosion of the eyesight, do you think he keeps his one hidden under the forehead protector and only uses it when needed?

ABZ

19. Sess 殺生丸

Noo. Gaara can't die! Dyroness! Prove that Gaara is alive! I command it! :p

As for your ideas: Sounds good to me. I think God of the Sun comes from the mouth though. In the The container of "Suzaku": Uchiha Sasuke thread, someone was going against the phoenix theory by saying the Uchiha just choose to specialize in fire techniques, but don't have any real natural fire abilities. That's when I mentioned God of the Sun, a technique that dumbfounded Jiraiya the Sannin, as being proof that the Uchiha clan does have natural fire abilities within them. I mention this in this thread just as evidence that God of the Sun is not part of Itachi's eye abilities and is therefore not a possible cause of eyesight deterioration. Yes, fire hurts eyes, but sorry, you can't use that excuse! :p

20. Kno7 o.O

Wow. Very well written and elaborated theory, and it explains a lot. Rep for you :)

EDIT: rep for you when I will be able to :p

21. Arcanis Sticky Fingers

Cool thread! I liked the scientific stuff, it makes it sound very realistic that Itachi is losing his eyesight. But Kishimoto will probably come up with some lame reason >__>

Well, good job :glomp I don't think I need to rep you, cause you are Celestial already :oh :p

22. TheoDerek Rise Against

Very good theory but I disagree with this part. The reason is that I don't think its possible the human eye to take in too much. It has it's limit and you can't exceed that.
    Also I think the normal sharingan would deteriorate eye sight but not to the degree that one would notice it in his/her lifetime. I think it would take like maybe over 100 years of having the sharingan and using it frequently to notice any eyesight loss.

23. Nighthawk Banned

24. Heartgobbler wandering philosopher

I still think Amaterasu is an eye technique. We haven't really seen him use it but it is linked with Tsukuyomi through the names and the myth.

25. brownsm hinanaru

nice theory.im a true beeiver of itachi and his blindness fetish

26. dylec .

well, i think this theory is plausible - we can't have everything without losing something!
    so for itachi's awesome sharingan power, he trades his vison for it - that's fair enough

i think kishi wants to balance out the play field a bit; so that even the most powerful char must have a weakness or handicap of some sort :tem

27. RockLee is no brethren unto Kaminae

Yeah, I mean seeing afterimages all the time can't be good for you. Kind of like watching T.V. 3 inches from the screen. Good work!

28. metalanime I like Tits

just wanted to say that he doesnt see afterimages, an after image would be the image left after the movement, what he sees is energy prediction images, i guess that would best describe it.

also, Kakashi didnt exactly say his eye sight was deteriorating, he asked how his eye sight was, so its possible it could have meant something else, but I doubt it.

I dont think the constant use of sharingan causes damage, its just the mangekyou, remember that you cant measure the eye and strain of an uchiha with sharingan like you would a normal eye, thats why they are the ones who use the limit successfully, because they have the blood that supports the eye and the strain caused by it, but mangekyou on the other hand is something that is very rare in a sharingan user and the blood wouldnt help out much in that area, other than keeping you concious after using it. If I was an uchiha with sharingan, I would use it all the time too, especially if I was an s rank criminal.

29. TenshiOni Active Member

Just wanted to throw that out there.

30. iggyspeedstars No car = (

I think he gonna see everything upside down soon.