1. img
    Take time to sit, get comfy, and watch the leaves fall...
    Come and join us in our forums Falling Autumn Event!
    The deadline is on September 25 at 10pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Come vote in the first ever Café Banner Contest!
    Deadline is September 23th at 4:42 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

a clue to ulqi's past

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by Tash, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Tash

grimm says that whenever ulqis takes an interest in his prey he punches a hole in the same spot. He also says he doesnt realize he does it, like a habit. Also notice that the hole he punched in ichi is the same as his. Maybe he wants people to sympathize with the pain he goes through or something. Something that could be related to his life as a normal menos or even when he was alive. what do you think?

Tags:
  2. AbnormallyNormal

sure makes sense, but i dont want to have to feel any sympathy for ulq, i dislike him

3. mastercilander

That's true, Ulqi is a very interesting character.

4. BowL

He seems sad enough to have a bad background. But I dont think he is stabbing just because of that. For all we know, he stabs there simply because he is short, and thats where his arms naturally go against people.

5. Lainex9

this thread gives no clues to who ulqi's past preys were. maybe it was one of the Arrancar and the hole reduces the amount of power a hallow can have, you something to do with the hole in a hallows chest. i'd think it would be mister moon scythe. perhase he was reduced in rank cause of ulqi, same with grimim cause of ulqi's overpowered relase form. god i wish noitora would take off his clothes

6. AbnormallyNormal

at least now we know why he punched ichigo there, it has nothing to do with summoning out shirosaki or whatever

7. knight_of_rain

It sounds like we may get some sort of back story on him later on. I was re-watching some of the earlier episodes and I noticed that Yammi mentions visiting Karakura town when he still had his mask. Maybe Ulquiorra has some memories from his time as a hollow or human.

8. AbnormallyNormal

i just want us to be shown some fucking actual adjuchas and vasto lordes

9. Ereya

I doubt the Menos have any pre-death memories. So if anything, it must be linked with Ulquiorra as a hollow.

It is interesting because it's not everyone that has that 'chance'. As if he's marking them and later on sees who survived.

And, LackingLack, I actually believe that Ulquiorra is a vasto lorde. It has been hinted too many times to not be true.

10. AbnormallyNormal

11. Ereya

Ah. It could be interesting to see one, true. I wonder how Aizen is able to make them join his side; he must have serious arguments for his side. I'd like to see one talking to Aizen/Tousen/Gin/whoever tries to make him reinforce Aizen's little army.

12. AbnormallyNormal

yeah i want to see them all rebel against aizen gin and tousen, and gin and tousen have to try to defend aizen that would be great becase i dont see why these hollows are obeying soul reapers

13. SiSL

I think it was mentioned somewhere (can't recall chapter) that Aizen-sama is most powerful at all, so that's why they respect him and obey him. I thought it more of a wolf-pack, most powerful is always leader and being obeyed.

14. AbnormallyNormal

no they just said aizen is fearless and hollows are born out of fear, so thats why they follow him, it still doesnt make sense to me though

15. Ereya

Aaroniero also said that Aizen promised them to free them from the pain they are suffering.

How can they be confident that he can do that is beyond me though.

16. AbnormallyNormal

maybe aizen wants to get rid of all hollows and soul reapers or something

17. SiSL

Which will end cycle and destroy world as well. Then "Children of Men" the movie scenerio comes in :D

18. AbnormallyNormal

yeah aizen probably wants to absorb all the spiritons in the universe into himself lol

19. isanon

20. AbnormallyNormal

21. spaZ

It could be uqlys signature mark for finishing off his enemy

22. Urahara

Anime and Manga are entirely different. That was most likely filler - that being the visiting karakura town while still possessing a mask thing you mentioned.

Other than that I'd probably agree with Spaz, perhaps it's just overall coincidental in which it has no significance what so ever.

23. SiSL

Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku Wo - 02

24. FrostXian

No. It's canon.

No, if it had no significance it would not be emphasised on so strongly.
    M-M-MONSTER FAIL!

25. Tash

It's not really his signature mark more like a habit because grimm said he doesnt realise he does it. Like for people who bite thier nails doing it without noticing.

26. spaZ

It could be his signature, theres lots of villians that do stuff like that when they fight a oppenent worthly to leave there mark. But uqly might just not realise hes doing it to every oppent worth killing liket that.

27. Drk

Im sure when Yammi says that he is referring to crossing over to the human world.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2007
  28. Urahara

Had to refresh my memory for a sec, so I suppose it relates to the storyline yet..

Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku Wo - 02

Where does it state that Yammy had previously visited Karakura town while having NO mask? Are you assuming that because he said "No matter how many times I come to this place" that he's visited there without a mask, or simply put, being a regular Hollow? Maybe he visited there before as an Arrancar perhaps...

..I'm not up for any debates or arguments though, so share your thoughts and post up chapters. :eek:

29. SiSL

Yammi? With his irresponsible actions Yammi? Yammi that sucked souls of people who he thought looking at him? Will visit Karakura town being Arrancar with that reiatsu? And Urahara who always been there, would not notice that?

Agreed, masked word is used in Anime but you can't say translators of manga could be god-corrected translators too...

Like this thread: Kung Lao

In the end, I don't know or read Japanese, we are sticked to DB at Anime, BS/M7 at manga.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2007
  30. knight_of_rain

:/ hmm, at the very least Aizen's been sending his incomplete arrancar to that town for sometime now. I'm gonna assume that he also sent the first menos grande that Ichigo fought. If Yammi has been there many times then it's possible that he could have been a local hollow at some point.

I'm not to sure how the whole arrancar birthing and development process works, but it seems like grandfisher was reborn with some disjointed memoires of his time as a hollow, mainly Ichigo being his prime target. So maybe a few strong personality traits or memories influenced the develpement of the espada to their current personas.

Yammi's comment from the anime just threw me off a bit because I had assumed that as menos, they were a collective group of hollows and lacked a distinct personality. Idk, getting confused now...need caffine. :p

Inconsistencies between the anime and manga suck. Maybe they're both canon? :is hopeful: