• cc
    Come enter in this week's GotW and PotW!
    Deadline for both contests is February 28 at 9 pm UTC.
  • Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

    Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

A Grand Tour of the Sword Coast

strongarm85

Well-Known Member
The cultist are easily subdued, and pined under Walnut's massive direwolf paws, but in spite of that they continue to struggle. One of them tries to bite off their own tongue.
 

Dragon D. Luffy

The Bard
Retired Staff
"Oh, come on!"

He approaches the guy trying to bite his tongue and hits his head with the back of his rapier to knock him down.

Then he looks at the other.

"Well dude, we are leaving to go kill your leaders and destroy your cult. If you stay here and maybe not kill yourself, we will let and your friend live after we leave this place. Maybe we could even give you a real job later on."

He looks to the party.

Well guys, before we go, anyone has an idea of how to grab that pile of gold without activating some trap or are we really leaving it here?
 

Hidden Nin

sorry bitch i don't say sorry
Callen in his fury, turns towards the statue, grabs Reszur, and then marches back to the cultists, stabbing one sharply. "You bastards took everything! What is wrong with you!? Or you daft!"
 

Cardboard Tube Knight

Well-Known Member
"Oh, come on!"

He approaches the guy trying to bite his tongue and hits his head with the back of his rapier to knock him down.

Then he looks at the other.

"Well dude, we are leaving to go kill your leaders and destroy your cult. If you stay here and maybe not kill yourself, we will let and your friend live after we leave this place. Maybe we could even give you a real job later on."

He looks to the party.

Well guys, before we go, anyone has an idea of how to grab that pile of gold without activating some trap or are we really leaving it here?

Lola shrugs. "If we want to see if there's a trap I say we toss one of these lunatics on top of the pile and see what happens to them." She points to the subdued cultists as she bends down to gather her dagger up. She wipes it off with a small handkerchief that she crumples and places back into her pocket.

"I doubt we can worry about how to get it out of here until we can actually make sure this place is secure. I can't cast floating disk and I doubt anyone else here can either," Lola adds.

"We need to focus on the very real danger here, there's unexplored rooms and there's probably someone named Baragustus still running around."

Callen in his fury, turns towards the statue, grabs Reszur, and then marches back to the cultists, stabbing one sharply. "You bastards took everything! What is wrong with you!? Or you daft!"

Lola goes silent as Callen starts to yell. She shuffles over to the pile of gold and begins to inspect it perhaps too meticulously.

Investigation:
1d20 (12) + 0 = 12
 

strongarm85

Well-Known Member
When Callen stabs the cultist using Rezsur the blade is completely silent. It does not make single stabbing sound. The blade also pierces threw the cultist almost without resistance, like he where stabbing into a mellon, and not a sinewous mass a muscle, tissues, and organs. The cultist that he stabs starts to bleeds out, and she starts to laugh.

The other guy falls unconscious after taking the pommel blow to the head.

From what Lola can gather the coins and gems around the appear to be places around like offerings, just looks like genuine coins and gemstones.
 

Cardboard Tube Knight

Well-Known Member
Lola, in a bid to ignore what's happening in the other part of the room, starts using Mage Hand to move small piles off the treasure off of the offering platform. Surely we can't let an evil god or whatever keep all of this.

She glances back, pausing for a moment as Callen stabs the man and knocks him out. "Something about that didn't sound like the other stabs...and suddenly I'm the kind of woman who knows what a normal stab sounds like."

Arcana Check:
1d20 (20) + 2 = 22
 

strongarm85

Well-Known Member
Lola would surmise that there might be some kind of sound dampening enchantment on the blade. Meanwhile her mage hand begins lifting coins and gems from the petrified dwarf, and nothing seems to happen.
 

Hidden Nin

sorry bitch i don't say sorry
"I'm sure you've witnessed very many stabbings in your worldly existence so far," Callen snaps irately, dropping the dagger and pushing his hands through his hair. "Shit. Ah...shit." Hands shaking, he squats and closes his eyes, murmuring to himself in Infernal. Reaching out, he'd grab the dagger, take a deep breath, and begin to wipe it clean.

"Yea...I'm alright," he tells Falwin mildly.
 

Cardboard Tube Knight

Well-Known Member
"There's obviously a fair bit going on behind the scenes here that I am sure you don't want me prying into," Lola says.

"It's been an active several days," she adds. "Sorry if I said the wrong thing. I'm not used to all of the death, but that dagger didn't sound normal. And I have been around when someone died before we got up to...all this." Lola swings her arms out as if to indicate everything going on around them.

"I watched someone I love slip away..."

"Hey--maybe we shouldn't linger here too long,"
Lola says giving a nervous laugh and pushing her hand up into her hair's nearly neat updo.
 

strongarm85

Well-Known Member
Eventually, Lola is able to gather the coins and gemstones from the statue. There are two doors that the group doesn't know about what's behind, one to the north, and one from the east where the cultists entered the room from.
 

Hidden Nin

sorry bitch i don't say sorry
Callen slowly pushes up to his feet, his expression grim. "You're not going to get anything out of a brainwashed pawn," he says bitterly. "But leave them alive if you wish." That said, Callen moves to backtrack the way the cultists had arrived from, moving carefully and quietly. He utilizes his hand mirror to peer around corners and watches his step to keep aware of any suspicious looking tiles are difficult to spot wires.
 

strongarm85

Well-Known Member
"When Ogremoch comes, he will tear Waterdeep to pieces. It's Walls will be undermined by sink holes and the city buildings and streets themselvs itself will shatter upon a massive earthquake that will shake the whole of undermountain until Waterdeep itself falls into it. You can't stop it."
 

Cardboard Tube Knight

Well-Known Member
"Whatever it is you're talking about, you won't see it."

Lola, using the magic missile wand as a spell casting focus begins repeated castings of Frostbite. If they resist their way out of one, she will continue casting until they are finished. The longer she has to cast, the more ice that gathers on the rod. Her gloves become sheathed in frost from this too. This will have the unique effect of causing them to have disadvantage on the following save once they fail any of these...

Damage: 1d6 (5) [cold] = 5
Damage: 1d6 (3) [cold] = 3
Damage: 1d6 (1) [cold] = 1
Damage: 1d6 (5) [cold] = 5
Damage: 1d6 (4) [cold] = 4
Damage: 1d6 (1) [cold] = 1
Damage: 1d6 (1) [cold] = 1
Damage: 1d6 (2) [cold] = 2
DC: 14
CON Save
Effect: Frostbite [until end of turn]
- Target has disadvantage on the next weapon attack roll it makes before the end of its next turn.[/U]
 

strongarm85

Well-Known Member
Lola's relentless onslaught of frostbites continued to freeze the bringer of woe well past the point of death to the point even the blood in his body has frozen solid.
 

Hidden Nin

sorry bitch i don't say sorry
Rolls for Callen scouting through the corridor the half a dozen cultists arrived from.

#Stealth: 1d20 (7) + 5 Total: 12
#Perception: 1d20 (18) + 1 Total: 19
 

strongarm85

Well-Known Member
The corridor is smooth dwarven craftsmanship and rectangular, about 40 feet beyond the door he enters from is a closed stone door. There are no traps in the hallway.
 

strongarm85

Well-Known Member
The chamber beyond the door is a massive. The Ceilings here are 20 feet tall, and Stone monolyths fill chamber. If you picture two tall stones with a 3rd stone laying down on top of the two. If you picture Stone Henge you have the right idea, except that the rocks are a dirty brown instead. Others stones have fallen over and broken, but even those stones are massive. The room is nearly 200 feet by 200 feet square. On the North, East, and South walls are alcoves where ancient human skeletons. None of these skeletons are in fact and they all have crushed bones, skulls, arms, or chest cavities, and the wounds look like they'd be fatal.

A man falls to his knees, you recognize him as being the owner of the man who owns the work yard you entered to get the entrance to the place. (There are two Cartwrights in town, it's the other cartwright that Lola didn't talk to earlier) "Please don't kill me!" he says, "Larrakh is in here, the Earth Priest has been interpreting the moving stones for us! These stones move, but only the Delvers in the alcoves have seen them move. Lately they've been moviung every day and we need Larrakh has been interpreting them for us!"


At this point there is a loud sound coming from across the chamber, as if heavy booted foot had stomped on the floor, and at that point all of the monolyths in the room begin to rise and hover six inches above the ground. The Man in front of you is stunned by seeing the stones rise up like this, so stunned in fact that he's oblivious to the stone bearing down on top of him from behind as it rapidly approaches him and the party. From where the monolyth came from there is stands a man in a brown robe and armor seemingly made out of stone.



The stones have become light enough under this magical effect that they can be easily pushed seeing as how he was able to fling a thousands of pounds stone monolyth accross the room with one hand apparently.
 
Last edited:

Cardboard Tube Knight

Well-Known Member
Lola eventually does end up following through the hall into this new area and she sees the man begging for his life and this new man. She speaks into the heads of her companions: I guess this bloke dressed like a tree trunk is Larrakh.
 

Hidden Nin

sorry bitch i don't say sorry
Callen dives forward towards the cartwright. "Get down!" he yells, tackling the man to push him out of the way of the incoming stone. He then rolls, pops up, and rushes towards Larrakh, Reszur in hand. "Where is Vizaan?"

(Main Action: Shove to get the guy out of the way, Bonus Action: Dash towards Larrakh. Free Object interact: Draw short sword in off hand.)

#Athletics: 1d20 (19) + 1 Total: 20
#Arcana: 1d20 (9) + 4 Total: 13
 
Last edited:

EvilMoogle

Well-Known Member
Supporting Staff
Zyn glances at the cartwright with a slightly dissatisfied glare but does not pause as he charges at the stone robed man.

Zyn dashes forward.

#Zyn Attack: 1d20 (20) + 5 Total: 25 (Crits)
#Zyn Crits
: 2d8 (3, 5) + 3 Total: 11
 
Last edited:

Cardboard Tube Knight

Well-Known Member
Lola moves into the room enough to get a bead on tree trunk man. "I'll cover you!" she yells to Callen.

"Darn. Darn. Darn. Darn," Lola mutters to herself as she tries to watch to make sure that she won't get pancaked between any of the stones. Then she raises the wand of Magic Missile, swirling it around with a quick flourish and casts Ice Knife. With her hand poised like she's throwing a dagger she flings her arm out to the side and sends a dagger made of ice flying towards Larrakh.

To Hit: 1d20 (7) + 6 = 13
Damage: 1d10 (7) [magical piercing] = 7
Damage: 2d6 (6, 2) [cold] = 8
DC: 14
DEX Save
 

Dragon D. Luffy

The Bard
Retired Staff
Falwin finishes undropping his jaw after seeing floating rocks. He had known this was possible since he is a spellcaster, but seeing is very different from hearing it from a bored teacher while you are half asleep yourself.

He focuses on the guy who seems to be moving it.

"Hey you? Why are you playing with peebles? Your mom didn't gift you better toys when you were a kid?"

Then he looks to Lola, who is seemingly having a hard time aiming her ice spell.

"Girl, are you gonna let a guy wearing wooden underwear make you look like a newbie? Aim that right, make him know who you really are!"

Vicious Mockery: 1d4 (2) = 2
Bardic Inspiration on Lola
 

strongarm85

Well-Known Member
Falwin's insults don't seem to bother Larrakh too much. Falwin's words of inspiration sharp Lola's aim enough for her Ice Knife to hit, or at least it should have hit, but the priest raised a single gauntleted hand in the direction of the ice knife and some kind of arcane sheild appeared in front of him, which caught the ice knife before it could hit him. The Ice Knife shattered as the Black Earth Priest avoided all damage from the attack.

Larrakh fires off a spell which forms a purple 40foot cube at the door snarring all 6 party members as they clear the door. Lola, Falwin, and Zyn fail their saves, and the world around they gain the sensation that the world around them is moving much faster than they are now. He then moves about 30 feet away from the party

Because Callen passed his save he was able to make it to the old carpenter to save him. He would have surely died otherwise having been effected by the spell.

Walnut and Garallel also dash into the room (Garallel needs to be within 60 feet to sacred flame, and within touch range to heal even if she doesn't want to get close enough to be in Melee herself). Walnut in Dire Wolf form is able to clear 80 feet by dashing and closes most of the distance, and is about 50 feet away from after dashing started. Garallel and and Callen each make it to about 70 feet from. Even after dashing Larrahk is about 100 feet away from Zyn still. And Lola and Falwin are now 130 feet away.
 

Hidden Nin

sorry bitch i don't say sorry
"Answer me!" Callen yells, surging forward without missing a beat to stay on top of the retreating mage. Callen dashes as a bonus action to close with Larrakh.

#Silent Sneak Attack: 1d20 (7) + 6 Total: 13
#Inspired Hit: 1d6 (4) Total: 4
Result: 1d4 (3) + 1d6 (5) + 4 Total: 12
 
Last edited:

EvilMoogle

Well-Known Member
Supporting Staff
Zyn groans internally as the world speeds up around him, familiar enough with mages to understand the magical trickery at play. His mind twitches slightly at the idea that if he could just teleport the gap he might be useful but isn't able to materialize magic through pure strength of will. Instead he continues to dash forward as fast as he can waiting for his chance.

#Zyn Save take two: 1d20 (12) + 1 Total: 13
 

Dragon D. Luffy

The Bard
Retired Staff
Falwin is offended that the enemy didn't bother with his insult. The nerve to deny such a quality humor.

He is also annoyed at the slow spell. He tries to run as fast as he can to reach the guy, while trying to remember what he was taught at bard school to break from this kind of spell. Then he suddenly does.

Wisdom Save: 15

Finally, he attempts to inpire Callen.

"Time to get revenge for your... whatever that was, dude! KICK HIS ASS!"

No action
Bonus action: Bardic Inspiration on Callen
 

Cardboard Tube Knight

Well-Known Member
Lola, still under the effect of the slowing spell, moves forward as much as she needs to for the caster to be in range. She studies the blur of motion as the world moves around her and raises the wand of magic missile up to let off two charges of Magic Missile.

Magic Missile:
Result: 4d4 (3, 4, 2, 4) + 4 Total: 17
 

strongarm85

Well-Known Member
A burst of Thunder fills the chamber as an invisible force of sound originates from between Callen, Garallel, and Walnut and expands to ctain the three, all three pass their saves taking 6 damage (halved from 12).

Garallel moves up and fires of a Sacred flame at Larrahk who avoids it.

Lola manages to fire off her Magic missile spell despite being slow, but Larrahk protects himself against the spell by casting Shield which negates the magic missiles entirely.

Walnut and Callen both dash up and get into Melee with Larrahk this turn, Callen is able to attack, and would have hit him, but the lingeing magic protection of Larrakh's Shield Spell allows him to avoid being hit. "Tell you what, I have it out for that Miraj myself. You'll find him beneath the Sacred Stone Monestary!"

At the end of the round Lola and Falwin are 115 feet away, Zyn is 70 feet away, Garallel is 10 feet away. Callen and Walnut are engaged with Larrahk in melee. Lola is still slowed.

Next round: Larrahk is attacking in Melee twice with his large staff, up close its apparent there some kind of Large, jagged, shard of crystal is embedded in the end of it.
 
Top Bottom