• cc
    Come enter in this week's GotW and PotW!
    Deadline for both contests is February 28 at 9 pm UTC.
  • Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

    Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

A Grand Tour of the Sword Coast

Hidden Nin

sorry bitch i don't say sorry
Callen's brow furrows tight at the man's answer before he rallies and remembers he nearly got pulverized by his previous spell. Stabbing forward with Reszur, he pivots on his back foot and arcs inward with a cut with his short sword.

#reszur attack: 1d20 (5) + 6 Total: 11
#short sword TWF: 1d20 (18) + 5 Total: 23
Result: 2d6 (6, 5) Total: 11
 

Cardboard Tube Knight

Well-Known Member
Lola twirls the wand and fires off another charge, mutters the incantation and fires off another round of Magic Missile using one charge from the wand. Purple bolts of light leave the wand and streak toward her target.

Magic Missile:
Result: 3d4 (4, 4, 3) + 3
Total: 14

"ARRGH! STOP DOING THAT AND GET HIT BY THESE!" Lola yells.
 

strongarm85

Well-Known Member
Seeing Lola's magic missiles fly, The Black Earth Priest casts another shield to negate the magic missles, it does nothing to shield him from Garallel's sacred fame (6 radiant damage). The extra protection offered by his shield allows him to avoid the attack from Walnut in Dire Wolf form, as well as Callen's attack from Reszur, but not Callen's Short Sword attack (11 piercing damage)

With a mind towards his eventual escape he places both his attacks on the Dire Wolf. The weird weapon he hits as good as a glave in the preist's hands and Walnut takes serious damage and is knocked out of Dire Wolf form (20 damage as a dire wolf and 2 bleeds over into the real Walnut)

Falwin spends his round Dashing towards Larrahk.

Lola ends her turn 100 feet away from Larrahk assuming she moves closer. Falwin is 55 feet away. Zyn is 10 feet away, as is Garallel. Walnut in Woodelf form now, and Callen are in Melee.

Next Round: Larrahk fires off another Slow centered on himself but excluding himself (because slow says you pick the targets). Walnut, Callen, Zyn, and Garallel will all be within range of the spell when it goes off. (Wis DC 13).
 

Hidden Nin

sorry bitch i don't say sorry
Callen's eyes widen as Walnut's sent reeling from her wolf form, ready to give the man a wider berth suddenly. A flash of fear can be seen over his face before he reigns it in and lines up his attack behind Reszur with purpose.

#Wisdom Save: 1d20 (10) + 1 Total: 11
#Reszur: 1d20 (14) + 6 Total: 20
#sneak attack damage: 1d4 (2) + 1d6 (1) + 4 Total: 7
 

EvilMoogle

Well-Known Member
Supporting Staff
#Wis Save / Slow: 1d20 (10) + 1 Total: 11

Zyn growls audibly in frustration as the world accelerates around him again but charges to close the gap and finally engage the frustrating mage.

#Zyn Attack: 1d20 (20) + 5 Total: 25 (Crits)
#Zyn Crits: 2d8 (3, 5) + 3 Total: 11
 

Cardboard Tube Knight

Well-Known Member
"I guess he didn't hear me," Lola mutters to herself.

She climbs onto the top of one of those riding blocks and sits side-saddle style with her legs hanging off to one side (flattening her dress down, of course). Then with a flourish of her the wand, she casts Mage Hand and uses it to push the block across the room so that she can ride it closer to the fray.
 

Dragon D. Luffy

The Bard
Retired Staff
"Now I got you!" - Falwin shouts, as he finishes getting into range to use his next spell.

He then makes a joke. But that is not a good joke, it's a pun. A pun so bad the entire room freezes in a sentiment that can only be described as the most pure awkwardness. Whether Falwin is using magic to magnify the crappiness of the pun or if he is telling a bad joke and then using magic to make the target's disgust disable his body, we will never know.

Cast Tasha's Hideous Laughter on Larrakh (wisdom save 13)
 

strongarm85

Well-Known Member
Lola mounts the monolyth while here summoned mage hand begins to gently push her across the floor. She is able to move about 30 feet in a turn this way. While Callen manages to strike at Larrahk he sees the attack coming and uses a 2nd level spell slot to cast sheild, and his attack just misses.

Larrahk fails to avoid the Sacred Flame spell, (5 damage)

Walnut, who manages to save out of the slow spell wildshapes into a dire wolf again and attacks Larrahk. She manages to bite him despite the shield. (Larrahk takes 11 damage)

Zyn's attack hits hard (11 damage).

Larrask then hears Falwin's ridiculous pun and falls to the ground laughting his head off. In fact most unsettling he finds himself unable to stop laughing despite the difficult situation he finds himself in. In fact the danger just seems to make it even more funny.

The Priest is incapacitated.
 

Hidden Nin

sorry bitch i don't say sorry
The Rogue is quick to bat the staff from the man's hands and then kick it away from him, before pulling out some rope to bind his hands. "Check his pockets and grab his spell...stuff," he mutters to someone else as he does so, waiting for the laughing fit from Falwin's spell to subside before he tightens one last knot and looks over the priest. He makes sure the man is secure and without easy use of his hands or spell components before settling in to question him.

"You're the first person all day to react to my saying that name...and seem to have more wherewithal than your underlings. Something tells me these Believers aren't part of the Black Earth, Howling Wind, or any of the four..." he says, glancing at the others, though dropping the Howling Wind to see if there was any reaction from Larrakh. "Your mark's not going to be found in Red Larch. But it does bring into question why the Black Earth Cult is here...and why a powerful priest of their lot has it out for the Mud Mage."
 

EvilMoogle

Well-Known Member
Supporting Staff
As soon as the mages concentration wavers Zyn will sheath his rapier and jump the mage to pin him down. He'll focus on keeping control of the mage in case the spell fades but otherwise will assist the others in making sure he can be tied up and disarmed/searched effectively.

Grapple (Athletics):
Result: 1d20 (20) + 3 Total: 23 (Sure, I crit on the probably not needed roll)
 

Dragon D. Luffy

The Bard
Retired Staff
Falwin will go grab the staff that Callen just kicked. Meanwhile, he keeps staring at the mage, concentrating on his spell so that he doesn't break out of it.
 

Cardboard Tube Knight

Well-Known Member
Lola hops down from her makeshift stone pony and lets it slam into the wall. She glances over toward the enemy spell caster, her green eyes going narrow with clear frustration. "Go on and crease up while you can, then," she says to him.

"Bloody shield spell. For Sunessake," she shakes her head as she approaches the cartwright with the wand of Magic Missile aimed down at him.

"You haven't got any Shield spells, I'm just guessing? Then I suggest you get to your feet and don't try any jiggery-pokery."
 

strongarm85

Well-Known Member
You don't find spell components on Larrahk, but the party is able to recover 4 iron spindles, each one is triangular in shape, and 1 foot long, weighing about 5 pounds each. Zyn wouldn't recognize what they are, but everyone else would. These are Mirabar trade Bars. In the north is a lies the dwarven city of Mirabar who produce high quality iron. They are accepted all across the north as a form of currency, and they are worth about 5 gold pieces each. They're common enough to be recognized, but they're typically only carried by tradesmen by the wagonload because of how big a and combersome they are.

When Fallwin grips the spellcasting focus used by Larrahk the incredible weight of the staff becomes apparent to him. It's Heavy like a Maul.

While laughing on the ground the priest manages to get out, "I'll tell you... Hahahaha... We ambushed a political trade delegation... Our allies in the Crashing Wave cult even helped us get there... hahaha...hohohohaaaa! We were going to sacrifice them all to summon Ogremoch into the world... Heehee... but while we were bringing them back we got ambushed by Howling Hatred Cultists... phfffff... Those bastards knights captured several of high profile sacrifices and a bunch of our captives died in the crossfire!!! haahahe! So now we don't have enough sacrifices! And when he reported back in Miraj decided it was my fault the plan failed and that by targeting high profile sacrifices we'll turn people's attention to us!! haahahaha! That was two Ten-days ago! I got kicked out!!!"

He spends a few seconds inhaling, "I figured I'd come to Red Larch and take the town! Pffft. And I almost managed to do it! Figured that if I controlled Red Larch I could take manage a lot of the information coming and going from town! haha! We could waylay passing caravans and kidnap a few people at time until we had enough people to sacrifice! Then we could bring Ogremoch into the world! Hhahahaha! But you fuckers beat me first! I almost had them too! Even talked a few of them into kidnapping and sacrificing people! It was only a matter of time!"

"Uooohohoho! I heard Miraj attacked a caravan and killed a bunch of them outside Waterdeep! But he didn't kill them all! He brought a bunch of them back to be Sacrifices! For you to know his name he must have attacked you and left you for dead! Hahahaha!"

"We hate the Howling Hatred cult! But they're also the easiest to find! They're the only cult that operates out in the open! Their public facing persona's not called the Howling Hatred though! They're a bunch of nobles who fancy themselves knights! They're called the Feathergale Knights! Wheeze! They go around on Hippogryphs and Giant Vultures hunting and slaying monsters like some kind of noble questing knights, but that's just their outside persona! They have the same goals that we have! hmm hahahahhmm! They stay in a spire about 20 miles east of town, they call it Feathergale Spire! It's on the southern side of Somber Hills overlooking a Canyon! You can't miss it! The Sacred Stone Monestary is another 30 miles east of that, but it's tucked in and into the hills better!"

"The Elemental Princes where each created by a God, The Elder Elemental Eye!!! He's imprisoned but his children, the Princes, call out to us and we hear their call! By freeing the Princes, they can destroy civilizations so that they their servants can work uninterrupted at freeing the Elder Elemental Eye from his imprisonment by the other gods! Once we succeed, he will destroy the world and claim it for his loyal followers! We might worship the same god but we compete with one another to earn his approval, the approval of the Elder Elemental Eye! Hahahahahahaha!"
 

Cardboard Tube Knight

Well-Known Member
Lola moves so that she can better look at the cartwright and the enemy spell caster. "Who is this Elder Elemental Eye? That's not a story I've ever heard passed around."
 

Dragon D. Luffy

The Bard
Retired Staff
Falwin asks his own question.

"What about the fire cult? Can you tell me where it is? I'm looking for one of their leaders, a tiefling named Vanifer".
 

Hidden Nin

sorry bitch i don't say sorry
Callen, ever the archivist, quickly gets out a field journal so he can write down as much of what the priest says as he can. Once he's stopped, his brow raises as he considers things, setting the journal aside. "...huh."
 

strongarm85

Well-Known Member
Lola moves so that she can better look at the cartwright and the enemy spell caster. "Who is this Elder Elemental Eye? That's not a story I've ever heard passed around."

"You wouldn't! The other gods banded together in ancient times to bind him away where he could not destroy them. They, the gods and their followers, don't want you to know he exists. But, when he's freed, he will elevate the Prince who releases him to God Hood and they will be given domain over the material."

Falwin asks his own question.

"What about the fire cult? Can you tell me where it is? I'm looking for one of their leaders, a tiefling named Vanifer".

"I haven't given much thought to them personally. But that's the name of the leader for the Fire Cult. They have a bunch of druids guarding the entrance to their temple! All four of us have keeps on the surface that protect the entrances to our temples."

It is at this point Lola would realize that the keeps on the surface must be the ones built by the Order of the Silver Hand, and that these keeps guard the different entrances to the ancient dwarven city she was looking for. Also realizing that the elemental temples themselves must be in different parts of the dwarven city itself.
 

Cardboard Tube Knight

Well-Known Member
"You wouldn't! The other gods banded together in ancient times to bind him away where he could not destroy them. They, the gods and their followers, don't want you to know he exists. But, when he's freed, he will elevate the Prince who releases him to God Hood and they will be given domain over the material."
"Sume, Ao, Corellon, Mystra, bloody Bahamut--no one just goes by a title. What's this god's name?" Lola asks. "What do those in the know call it?"
 
Last edited:

strongarm85

Well-Known Member
"His name, even his form, are incomprehensible to the minds of mortals. But know this, it took the combined efforts of all of the other gods to lock him away."

Even though he's a priest that really does seem the be the extent that he knows about the Elder Elemental Eye himself.

He's also able to tell you that the Water Cultist are held up in a place call Riverguard Keep which is partly over the Desserin River.
 

Cardboard Tube Knight

Well-Known Member
Lola glances toward the others and the cartwright. "The whole incomprehensible name thing is the way that these theatric lot try and hide the fact that they don't know the name," she says.

"His name isn't a Power Word, it's just unknown to you." Lola points her wand at him, leveling on his face. She's standing at a great enough distance that she's having to speak loudly just to make herself heard.

"At least we got something out of this madness. I'm finding information on the dwarves settlement that Callen and I went to speak with Lord Roaringhorn about and it would appear that Gara's vision brought us all together with good purpose--there's too much coincidence for it to be otherwise," Lola says.

She then shrugs and glances around. "What are we going to do with them? And, oh wait! Where is Baragustus?"
 

Dragon D. Luffy

The Bard
Retired Staff
Falwin approaches the other guy, the one they saved from the falling rock.

"So... you. What is your story anyway? Why was Rocky Underwear trying to drop a boulder on your head?"
 

Hidden Nin

sorry bitch i don't say sorry
Callen sheathes his shortsword and dagger on his belt, leaning against one of the monolith stones as he folds his arms over his chest. "Sounds like your mark's probably found her way to these flying knights that there's been rumors floating around about," he says to Zyn, before looking over at Larrakh now. The idea of keeping him alive cause his hand to shake subtly -- with the adrenaline of the battle through his nerves and fear were catching up to him. Biting down on a curled finger, he considers the situation with care.

"He's liking holding some information back...in order to remain useful. While I definitely don't trust him...anyone that's willing to help us attack the Sacred Stone Monastery and maintain a foothold there is likely a logical ally to have...at least for the time being." He turns to the priest. "Wouldn't helping us defeat the Mud Mage hurt your chances to get closer to your 'god' or whatever? There's no guarantee we can trust you..."
 

Cardboard Tube Knight

Well-Known Member
Lola undoes the ribbon in her hair, letting it fall down around her shoulders and then carefully begins to put it back up into its bun. "Yes. Yes. I'm not a fan of killing in general, but now that he's talked and not tried to tackle us or whatever it would feel especially odd to just murder the chappy."

She shakes her finger at him sternly after this. "Besides, maybe you can make us see this elemental eye thing's glory and what not? Wouldn't that be minted? Maybe we'll even go an outing to bond as friends and figure out this its name."
 
Last edited:

Cardboard Tube Knight

Well-Known Member
Just wanted to add here, that we restrain the priest when we leave here and make sure he's got no items on him that could prove to be used to break out. Lola is going to take all of the time she needs searching him and I am guessing someone else will want to help.

On the way out we'll release Grund, since Falwin wanted to recruit him and all. But also because Lola did make him go in there under the promise that she would let him free.
 

EvilMoogle

Well-Known Member
Supporting Staff
"Sounds like your mark's probably found her way to these flying knights that there's been rumors floating around about," he says to Zyn, before looking over at Larrakh now.
Zyn nods in acknowledgement, his mind currently busy spinning over the revelation and the plans that might be needed for this new aspect of the mission.

((Sorry, RL stuff has kept me occupied so I haven't been as active here))
 

Dragon D. Luffy

The Bard
Retired Staff
Before leaving, Falwin will check the room for any other treasure they may have missed.

Perception: 1d20 (6) + 3 = 9

As they meet the half-orc outside, Falwin will once again try to convince him to join his faction. He will play a sort of ridiculous but hopefully persuasive jingle talking about the riches and glory that can be achieved in Acq. Inc.

Performance: 1d20 (17) + 5 = 22
Advantage: 1d20 (3) + 5 = 8

After finishing, he will once again ask the guy if he would like the job.

Persuasion: 1d20 (2) + 5 = 7
 

strongarm85

Well-Known Member
Lola glances toward the others and the cartwright. "The whole incomprehensible name thing is the way that these theatric lot try and hide the fact that they don't know the name," she says.

"His name isn't a Power Word, it's just unknown to you." Lola points her wand at him, leveling on his face. She's standing at a great enough distance that she's having to speak loudly just to make herself heard.

"At least we got something out of this madness. I'm finding information on the dwarves settlement that Callen and I went to speak with Lord Roaringhorn about and it would appear that Gara's vision brought us all together with good purpose--there's too much coincidence for it to be otherwise," Lola says.

She then shrugs and glances around. "What are we going to do with them? And, oh wait! Where is Baragustus?"

"I'm over here!" the old man that Callen saved earlier says.

Falwin approaches the other guy, the one they saved from the falling rock.

"So... you. What is your story anyway? Why was Rocky Underwear trying to drop a boulder on your head?"

The Believers have been a kind of Shadow town council and a secret society for hundreds of years. In general they look out for the wellbeing of the town and in the past they'd done things like organize people to take out bandits and take care of troublemakers. Baragustus acts surprised to hear about the human sacrifices, but is adamant that he was not the one that took part in them. He names three other people, and it turns out later that the three of them are the same three Lola had killed earlier with the ice knife spell.

Callen sheathes his shortsword and dagger on his belt, leaning against one of the monolith stones as he folds his arms over his chest. "Sounds like your mark's probably found her way to these flying knights that there's been rumors floating around about," he says to Zyn, before looking over at Larrakh now. The idea of keeping him alive cause his hand to shake subtly -- with the adrenaline of the battle through his nerves and fear were catching up to him. Biting down on a curled finger, he considers the situation with care.

"He's liking holding some information back...in order to remain useful. While I definitely don't trust him...anyone that's willing to help us attack the Sacred Stone Monastery and maintain a foothold there is likely a logical ally to have...at least for the time being." He turns to the priest. "Wouldn't helping us defeat the Mud Mage hurt your chances to get closer to your 'god' or whatever? There's no guarantee we can trust you..."

"I'm not worried about that at all. If you try to fight Miraj you'll all die horribly. He is much more powerful than I am. He's an Earth Genasi. He doesn't just worship Ogremoch, he also worships Olhydra, but his only interest in the end is gaining more power. He is second in command of the Earth Cult, but he could take over the Black Earth or the Crushing Wave cult if he were properly motivated.

Fight no. Assassinate yes. Your most likely chance to succeed will be to approach them attempting to join, and if you are accepted, wait for the right chance to strike. Perhaps in your attempts to get close to Miraj you'll see the light and join us?"

Lola undoes the ribbon in her hair, letting it fall down around her shoulders and then carefully begins to put it back up into its bun. "Yes. Yes. I'm not a fan of killing in general, but now that he's talked and not tried to tackle us or whatever it would feel especially odd to just murder the chappy."

She shakes her finger at him sternly after this. "Besides, maybe you can make us see this elemental eye thing's glory and what not? Wouldn't that be minted? Maybe we'll even go an outing to bond as friends and figure out this its name."

"I think you'll come to appriecate that Gods are beyond mortal comprehension. What is a name to a god?"

On the way out we'll release Grund, since Falwin wanted to recruit him and all. But also because Lola did make him go in there under the promise that she would let him free.

Zyn nods in acknowledgement, his mind currently busy spinning over the revelation and the plans that might be needed for this new aspect of the mission.

((Sorry, RL stuff has kept me occupied so I haven't been as active here))

Before leaving, Falwin will check the room for any other treasure they may have missed.

Perception: 1d20 (6) + 3 = 9

As they meet the half-orc outside, Falwin will once again try to convince him to join his faction. He will play a sort of ridiculous but hopefully persuasive jingle talking about the riches and glory that can be achieved in Acq. Inc.

Performance: 1d20 (17) + 5 = 22
Advantage: 1d20 (3) + 5 = 8

After finishing, he will once again ask the guy if he would like the job.

Persuasion: 1d20 (2) + 5 = 7

Falwin is partially successful with Grund, who now has a more friendly disposition towards Falwin now. He doesn't agree to join Acq. Inc. right away, but a future attempt might be successful. Maybe ask him again in a few days?
 

Hidden Nin

sorry bitch i don't say sorry
"You're awfully optimistic for a priest part of an apocalyptic cult," Callen says with no mirth, before he nods to a private alcove to the others. "Walnut, would you mind keeping an eye on these two for a little bit?" he inquires, before lowering his voice to speak to Falwin, Zyn, Garallel, and Lola in private. "This'll be easier to sell if he's not aware. I think know of a place we could have him held, and I could even pay to have information extracted. Only catch is we shouldn't let him know what's coming. Act as if we don't have a solution in sight, and this conversation was just to decide whether we'll let him live or not, and I'll handle the rest." He folds his arms over his chest.

"Bargewright Inn is going to be our destination. If we hustle, we can reach it in a couple days. Leave the townspeople to clean up their own messes here."
 

Cardboard Tube Knight

Well-Known Member
Lola nods, though she speaks directly into the heads of Falwin, Callen, and Zyn. "Judging by how many prominent members of the town seem to be involved in this thing it might be best if we weren't in town for a few days, anyway. We have to have stirred up a bit of attention here by now."

Then Lola shrugs. "I've got no objections," she says in a hushed tone.
 
Top Bottom