1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

A possible reason why Naruto was left orphan

Discussion in 'Naruto Theories' started by BattousaiMS, Nov 17, 2005.

1. BattousaiMS

Okay, today in our intermediate economics class we were discussing about the Japanese recession of the 90's till now and the teacher reminded an interesting aspect of their manners that may explain why Naruto was left orphan.

Okay so, the Japanese people are known to be proud, loyal and arrogant. The arogant part is mainly to the fact that they tend to not go outside their own formed alliances. In the case of the economy, if a family had a business like say something in the industry department, while another which they are very close to had raw materials and a third one had a financial institution, then they would usually sustain their business amongst themselves and never dare to refuse the demands or go in search for outside help on their family alliances. In the same case, their family is pretty much the same, they hardly adopt, they value their bloodline (as in born in the family not special powers ~.~) more then anything and well an adopted enfant would still be adopted as he or she are not blood related.

So for this reason they have alot of orphanages runed by the government. So that if a family cannot sustain their child or die and have no real relatives they would be sent there (they would be cut from their parent's list if they are alive => Disowned). Naruto's case is pretty muc the same, we don't know if he was Yondaime's son or not, but what we do know that he was an orphan and one with a bad reputation from the birth so in a society that adopts about 500 children per year from it's 120 million population that simply spells doom for a guy like Naruto.

We are also starting to see some extrem Kyuubi haters in recent chapters of Naruto and it would be understandable if the elders would even remove Naruto's link to someone like Yondaime (father/uncle/whatever), to keep their names clean and the given fact that Jiraiya wasn't there at the time even gave them greater acess to proceed this wish. So Naruto spent his life growing in the orphange and being target indirectly for what is inside him. Meanwhile, he had a supporter for his cause Sandaime, who even though wanted to support him had to keep some distance due to political issues between him and some of his radical councilers. Explaining why Naruto was never held high enough for being a relative to the last Hokage since he didn't have any family members left or left in the village to back him blood rights.

What do you guys/girls think?

Tags:
  2. 4ghost

I like the insight you gave there into the culture. I surely didn't think of his orphan situation in real life terms before, especially since it seemed unlikely with how things are seen in some other cultures.

Before I just figured that his situation was based on the following. Some characters that seem as if they never would have had a bias toward Naruto were too young to be there for him as was needed. Kakashi was around 14 same with Iruka. Tsunade and Jiraiya were gone from the village. As for Sandaime I figured that he didn't want to create a repeat situation that had occured with Orochimaru whom he had spoiled as a student.

3. Keyser S?ze

i like this theory, it's very insightful like 4ghost said. naruto could very well be yondaime's son, that's what i always thought when i saw the 2. it'd only be logical for yondaime to choose his own son to sacrifice as a vessel for kyuubi seeing as how it'd be morally difficult to sacrifice any other baby.

4. Iruka

I like your theory. And it's interesting that you also include cultural reasoning too and not just known fact from the book. Not to bash or offend any asian people here but it's true how it goes that way in asian family and such back then and still some today, I think. Especially those family that are well known and have high reputation. Ah, well, you deserve a rep.

5. Therahedwig

Oh, yeah, my mom mentioned this after she had seen the first Naruto, I kind of forgot it.
    But it's quite possible that your idea is true...

6. oxxer

yeah, interesting that u related the theories with culture and economics