1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice

3. Voting for the Contest Central Drawing Contest is live!
    Entries can be found here and the voting threads can be found here and here.
    Voting ends on Sunday, June the 30th!
    Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

5. The KCC is hosting a Short Story Contest!
    Entries are due by July 9th at 2:30am UTC!
    Dismiss Notice

A question about Final Fantasy 7

Discussion in 'NF Archives' started by EonNinja, Nov 23, 2005.

1. EonNinja Ban-Kai Tenza Zangetsu!!!

Well my friends say that ff7 (the one with Cloud in it)
    is commin for PS3 is this true or a rumor because i played it when i was little
    and i wan't to beat it
    soo is it commin for PS3
    P.S have any of you played it for PS1

Tags:
  2. Deathinstinct Member

Yes, I've played it on PS1. No, it probably won't come to PS3 (though I guess it's possible).

3. Darth Judicar A#1 Roller Rager

It's a possibility. There was even a tech demo of what it would look like on the PS3. Square has not commented om whether there will be a version of it for PS3, but they didn't rule it out. I figure they will sometime if you ask me.

4. BattousaiMS Swordsman of Sorrow

They made a test-game version to be used to show what some of the performances of PS3 might look like. There is no real press release of the game being actually fully reconstructed for PS3, but if they do I wouldn't be suprised it was one of the games that sold the most when PS came out and it's RPG advances virtually killed or other game consoles in terms of RPGs, so using FFVII again to do the similar blow again with the release of PS3 wouldn't be out of the roams of possibilities.

5. ten sa zangetsu Member

Yeah, I heard that there was a test-game version. I think they used the Advent Children version of Cloud for it. If it's really coming out, then I can't wait.

6. CrazyMoronX Old Man

I doubt it will be made, it was just a tech demo as stated before.

If it did come out however, it would be sold out faster than you can say "KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND IS MAD CHEAP!"

I think the most likely scenario is another FFVII installment for PS3, along the lines of Dirge of Cerberus, or Crisis Core kind of stuff.

7. EonNinja Ban-Kai Tenza Zangetsu!!!

oooooo so the possiblietes are slim.........I hope it comes out for PS3
    so i can beat the game........well for PS3 not PS1 .......*it's too late*

8. Son_Pan Now Here Is Nowhere

in an article, with the square enix team, they mentioned how the tech demo was just something they had to get done, and submitted out there, because they were just exploring on what they could do. In a Recent article, it states how they are considering it, although, the team itself has a very large amount of projects they are working on, and cannot see if they are even going to make a Final Fantazy VII remake for PS3. some of these projects include Kingdom Hearts II, Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy VII: DoC, and the finishing touches on Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis.

so they have ALOT to get done, before they even consider a remake, they just stated it would be interesting, but very impossible as of now.

9. ichinii30 Member

10. Pratz Pirate Wannabe

I think the best we can hope for is a release of FFVII on a handheld. Maybe the PSP, maybe whatever comes next. And it would probably just be a straight port at that. Nothing or not much extra.

11. Mongoloid Gnome Endless

I myself would prefer a true (not those crap half arsed portages for psx) remake of FFVI, a really good one. Even better than the Wild Arms and DQ5 remakes.
    Then again, FF7 has become a franchise, I don't see why SE wouldn't make a remake, they probably will. It would sell like water in the desert.
    The fanboys will win this one I'm guessing, maybe not now, but in the future, yes.

12. caelimentis naruto fillers hurt the brain

Here's a link to the article i think Son_Pan is talking about (if it's not the same article, then it's still a good article related to the FF7 remake)

13. yatesl Member

14. Dommy You never knew.

It will take years for the remake.....:darn
    But still, I wish the SquareEnix will remake it......:crying though it's a little impossible.......:sweat

15. Mongoloid Gnome Endless

Well, indeed it would take some years and I highly doubt that they would let any team create the game.
    In fact, It wouldn't be a remake at all, they would have to redone everything from scratch, everything. It's not like making FFX-2, that had the same engine from FFX done.
    I'm not expecting anything at all these days, remakes are good, but I prefer to stick with new games for the time being.

16. Pakkun93 Eternal

well u never no cause if this game comes out this game will be like a explosion.

17. vj01 Uchiha VJ

Final Fantasy 7: Tech Demo was released for the Playstation 3 to demonstrate its capabilities but it is still unknown whether actual remake will come out.

18. EonNinja Ban-Kai Tenza Zangetsu!!!

*sigh* the good old days................did any of you played FVII for ps1 if so
    did you beat the big scorpian machine boss and if soo wat do you do next...

19. Ulquiorra Schiffer Tsugi no mai: Hakuren

Final Fantasy VII's creator has left Square-Enix in favor of creating his own company. When he left a few other people from Square-Enix left with him and they have formed their own company. I don't remember the name of the company. The possibility of Final Fantasy VII being remade are slim to none. The creator and his associates don't have the time to remake the game. Although he hasn't ruled out the possiblity, he has mentioned that his workload is sky high and if he could get to it it would be his last priority. Unfortunately. It's quite possible that if it does get released it wouldn't look as good as it did when it was previewed. Without Square-Enix backing the project, it might not get the capital it needs to be as visually stunning as it was. But that's just my opinion.

So, I wouldn't get your hopes up for it. But it's still a slim possibility.