1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

A question for you graphic...people

Discussion in 'Art Lounge' started by less, Nov 23, 2005.

1. less Cheer up,

(If this is a forum only for posting your graphic works and not for discussing graphics in general, I apologize and ask any mods to move this thread to the appropiate subforum, or trash it if no such place exists.)

I've this friend who's really into graphic design, and his pet project when drunk is offending people by insisting that the nazi insignia is one of the last century's greatest achievements in graphic design. He has a list of what he considers to be the best graphic product/icon designs of all time, consisting of:

Lucky Strike cigarettes,

Coca-Cola bottle and label,

The Norwegian Royal coat of arms,

and of course the Nazi insignia (I'm not even sure if I'm alloved to link to it, but you all know the deal: red base, white circle, black tilted swastika.)

Apart from the obvious (he likes simple designs in the colours red, white and black), what do you graphically inclined people think of this? Is he right? Is Lucky Strike a genius design for cancer sticks? Is really the Norwegian royal coat of arms so much cooler than every other? And did the Nazis have great designers?

Tags:
  2. blacklusterseph004 ah, made you look ...

Interesting questions. I see what you are saying. I won't comment though at the risk of sounding like a fool. I don't really know how to analyse graphics on the level you are talking about, I only know what I like... Hopefully someone who has studied graphic design will reply, I'm slightly interested to hear an educated opinion...