1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

A random comment on Naruto's outfit

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Gallic Rush, Nov 22, 2005.

1. Gallic Rush Why not?

I was reading through the forums when I noticed a fanclub graphic (NaruSaku) and I noticed it had him (Naruto), in a standard issue chuunin flak-jacket. I got to thinking and visualizing and I thought: Hm, that might not look too bad on him...

I don't think there's any need for a design change just yet, but I think that some time in the distant future Naruto should go more "professional" looking and ditch the ambiguously orange costume. Because let's face it, bright orange is not the color of stealth. I have in my mind the image of Naruto saying, "this is good, now a hunter won't mistake me for a bear because he can see me clearly."

I just feel the orange could use a change eventually... A flak-jacket isn't necessarily the route to go, but I think that's another step forward Naruto could make.

Thoughts?:)

Tags:
  2. Heihachi Whatever will be will be...

Hehe, Naruto wears orange cause it sticks out like his personality and hair. Besides changing the orange is changing some of his trademark.

3. Gallic Rush Why not?

That is a good point: Orange sort of shows the old Naruto's need for recognition. But I am hoping he will mature, and as a sign of that his clothes will become more pragmatic... At the very least before he becomes hokage (which he will), he should be looking more like an elite ninja than the class clown. The new outfit is definitely an improvement, but I think this line needs to continue. Perhaps the next timeskip can have Naruto at age 18 with a mainly black with less orange (basically a reverse of what it is now).

Maybe he doesn't have to completely give up the orange, but the current outfit will need to be toned down eventually.

But do you agree that he would look cool in a flak-jacket?

4. icoselitham Lost

I agree, Naruto should stay away from this:
    and go for something more like this:
    Spoiler:

or maybe even this:

5. Heihachi Whatever will be will be...

I think he'd look pretty cool, of course he'd wear it over his jumper.

6. LynnAzure La Maga de los Sue?os

:laugh I never liked the ssj4 look :p

He'll eventually leave the orange outfits behind I think. I can't see him wearing it as an adult hehe. There's a cover pic with him wearing a flak jacket I think :oh He does look rather cool :D

7. Gallic Rush Why not?

Omfg... icoselitham you have scarred me for life with your DBZ pictures... I hope that Naruto never even touches that anime.

Also, I've always wondered why Naruto doesn't just go around donning his black undershirt. That looks just fine with the orange pants :D. But that's just me and my obsession with black clothing.

Idea: Black base with orange designs for the outfit. Retains some of the old Naruto but lets you know he's all grown up :wink

8. FitzChivalry Person of Internet

I think it'd be wiser if he would wear something more furtive, but I don't think that Kishi would change his trademark so quickly. Who knows, maybe he will.

9. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

I dunno. I really like his current look. Orange seems to work with Naruto for some reason. And don't say anything about DBZ, because GoKu's hair was originally black so orange went with him before the blond hair, and that's not the reason why I think it works for Naruto :D

Last edited: Nov 24, 2005
  10. FitzChivalry Person of Internet

Hey, he's done fine with it so far, so why change?

11. LynnAzure La Maga de los Sue?os

to go from cool to cooler.. I like his orange outfits :oh

12. Gallic Rush Why not?

Because it is only natural for things to change in time, people most especially. It is sort of like looking at the old Naruto costume and saying: why change it? There isn't anything wrong with Naruto's current outfit for the time being, but eventually I would like to see him in something more... "pimp."

BTW ChamCham, the blond hair is one of the things that makes Naruto's orange costume bad :xp. You can't really make much more of an open statement than orange and yellow. Don't get me wrong, orange is my favorite color, but I wouldn't want to be wearing it on an excursion to enemy ninja country :S And you haven't said anything about the flak-jacket: doesn't Naruto look cool in that? I should find a pic and post it but I'm so lazy :sweat

13. Heihachi Whatever will be will be...

lol his hair clashes so badly that when I first saw the cover to Naurto volume 1 I nearly had a seizure over it :S

14. Robotkiller Still alive

Maybe just a yellow cape over a standard jounin uniform cool but still naruto.

15. Lexiefaye I'm done. Your move.

I agree completely. I liked the change after the timeskip but if he ever loses all the orange, it just won't he Naruto! The orange is part of his personality. Even as Hokage, who wants to see a somber, dark, blending in Naruto? Not me! I love that he is the most noticable, attention grabbing ninja ever. He'll loose the orange when he learns to shut his mouth, and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Furthermore, He wore all black at Saidaime's funeral and it was nothing special.

16. BattousaiMS Swordsman of Sorrow

He doesn't have to change the orange color it depends what color mixes hr adds, like Oranga and white make a good outfit mix. Black and orange does it too, but bright is better with bright most of the time.

17. oxxer Member

hmm i think the if naruto wears the flak-jacket on his usual attire, the colour will not contrast to each other,maybe he needs to change his outfit or dont wear the flak-jacket at all..

18. 9TalesOfDestruction I hate filler

well his new costume is more black and less orange.....so i'm pretty sure it will change again, possibly all black or something

19. Gallic Rush Why not?

All I had to do was look at your avatar and sig to understand where this came from :tem

A-Whaa? Who in anime history has had a good looking orange and white outfit :S? If anything that would clash even more with Naruto's uber blond hair.

I should have made myself clear, but I can't find a damned picture which would help. I meant that the flak-jacket would go along with the chuunin outfit. It would kinda look weird to see 2 jackets on Naruto :S.

20. TenshiOni Active Member

Hmm?

Well, he does look badass, but I like Naruto's look.

21. Kasumi 霞 Drawing Chalk Outlines

Yeah true true he don't look bad in the outfit but I think I prefer Naruto in his orange outfit because it compliments his personality.

22. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

His orange personality?:huh

23. oxxer Member

Yeah, i agreed with kasumi

24. Gallic Rush Why not?

ChamCham, I think he meant orange is more flashy/attention-getting than most other colors...

TenshiOni, thanks for posting that pic of Naruto in the chuunin outfit. Now that we have a point of reference, doesn't that look better than orange? If there's another timeskip to when Naruto is 18, he would look kick ass in that.

25. Heihachi Whatever will be will be...

He does look like a true "Ninja of the night" in that pic, now if only he lowered the headband a little....

26. Gallic Rush Why not?

Why should the headband be lowered? What's wrong with it where it is? Or do you mean the top part so that it doesn't look like a bandanna?

27. Lexiefaye I'm done. Your move.

nope, after seeing that image (BTW, thanks), I still prefer the new orange/black look. He looks good in blue but thats too much blue ... and that chunin outfit says Kakashi all over - its just not flashy enough for Naruto ... maybe good for a one time sneak mission but way to muted for everyday wear. Naruto doesn't run away or hide EVER - he always faces everything head on - so why does he need a more muted outfit anyway?

28. Heihachi Whatever will be will be...

Yeah I ment the top part, I think he'd look cooler if you could see more of his hair.

29. Gallic Rush Why not?

No arguements here.

But... there's just so much orange on his current outfit that I can't see him keeping it over the next (most likely distant) timeskip.

It's just so reminiscent of DBZ that it makes me shudder!

30. oxxer Member

oh yeah, i looks like DBZ, but isnt that the hair is as ussual when Naruto's wearing the orange/black outfit?