1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

3. Voting is open in the KCC Haiku Contest!
    Entries can be found here.
    The poll closes on August 24th at 2:59pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. img
    Dragon Ball Drawing Contest: Black & White Edition.
    Deadline is on August 30th at 11pm UTC
    Dismiss Notice
  5. img
    Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest 6!
    Deadline for entries: September 08th at 1600 EST.
    Dismiss Notice

A revelation, and a question...

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki Archives' started by Sasuke_worshiper, Sep 30, 2006.

Do you guys watch the dub, because the story is just so good?

Poll closed Oct 5, 2006.
  1. Yes

54.2%
  2. no

45.8%
  1. Sasuke_worshiper

So I was watching the new Naruto dub episode, because I follow them even though i watched in japanese already...anyway, i just had the revelation that what made naruto so good was the anime and manga combined! The reason everyone is so down right now is because there is only the manga to give the story, but the anime isn't there to reinforce what makes the story so great, if anyone gets what i'm saying.

I mean I think the dubs are great, but not because of the voices, because the story is just so good and watching it is like revling naruot all over again. Does anyone get what I'm saying? How do yuo feel? Please Comment!

Tags:
  2. ♠Mr.Nibbles♠

clearly undersand what u r saying but more prefer the manga

3. Sasuke_worshiper

thanks, the manga is really good don't get me wrong, but it just seems like the toher half is missing...

4. kuchiyoseNOjutsu

In a way I do agree. I mean the manga by itself is good enough, seeing the action scenes animated is even better(theoretically that is). So far I've been impressed with how the scenes were animated, then they inserted those cool music in them and they really rock.

Personally I prefer the manga then I watch the animated version to confirm how I envision the things I've seen in the manga. Most of the times I'm impressed, like how Naruto summoned Gamabunta for the first time, and sometimes I wish they could have done things better, like Sandaime's death. But hey that's how I feel.

5. Sasuke_worshiper

Yea I understand, and I'm not diagreeing with you. In fact sometimes it feels like they strained the shows a little, or got it perfectly right, I get what your saying...

bump bump bump

6. the_ilest

i see anything that has to deal with naruto.

7. quizzlix?!

i totally get what your saying, i have to wtch the dub though :sweat

8. Darkhope

Meh. I never watch the dub on CN cause I always miss it cause I forget its on. xD But sometimes I'll go to youtube and see some cause I'm interested. But I'm only interested in some things.. Like The "Sasuke is dead" scene and the Hinata vs Neji fight. Also Lee vs Gaara. I wanted to see those. The rest I don't really care about being dubbed. Though I'll watch Naruto vs Neji and when they [naruto and sasuke] vs Gaara dubbed definately but prolly on youtube. And I'll watch Sasuke vs Naruto too.

9. Sogeking

nope. I rarely watch the anime. the manga is many times better.

10. Sasuke_worshiper

you guys misunderstand me, I really do think the manga is great, I'm asking if your down because you can't see it come to life in the anime because of the fillers...

11. baldragnarok16

I can see what you're getting at, but I truly cannot give my opinion because I only recently started reading the manga (after the timeskip) and nothing before the timeskip, however, I'm sure that I will agree with you after seeing Kakashi Gaiden.

And its always fun to watch the dub and think of how some voices are just downright hilarious (or really really disturbing).

12. Dave

i watch naruto for the opratonity to see it on a television screen, wrather than a computer screen

13. WhiteCherryBlossom

The Lee vs Gaara fight has just begun if I'm not mistaken, so the scene of his 5 celestial gates is yet to come. Correct me if I'm wrong. Anywas, on topic: I see what your saying, it's better to experience the anime because while reading the manga, you have to visualize the scenes in between each panel. Which makes it less intense. (IMO) But at least the manga is there to keep me readily aware of the current canon material, and what to expect animated in the future. :amuse

14. Lochen

I actually saw a single episode in English, and decided to get the first 10 or so english episodes, then they were hard to find.

So I kept dling dubbed ones, and watching 20 something episodes a day, I just kept going, then I hit the wall so to speak, and now gotta endure with the rest of you.

I started reading the manga to a certain degree, but not being a Plus member and dling 1 at a time, it became too tedious.