1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

A Sannin Generation Before Team 7

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by NaraCoritha, Nov 20, 2005.

1. NaraCoritha Member

Had the circumstances been different, I've always thought that the 4th, Shizune and Anko would've made a great Sannin team. It would be cool to see a three-man team composed of two females and one male. What do you guys think?:laugh

Tags:
  2. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

what? I..I guess so. I just thought that the 4th was older than Shizune. She seems a tad young, but I guess I could be wrong.

3. NaraCoritha Member

Oh it's just that looking at the pattern, Jiraiya taught the 4th, Tsunade is working with Shizune, and Anko was Orochimaru's subordinate. Even if there were an age difference, it would have been a good combination, I think.

4. icoselitham Lost

But Yodaime, Shizune, and Anko got pushed aside for Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke. But I see your point except I don't think Shizune was a formal student of Tsunade.

5. Last of the Uchihas Get your own girls, Jonas!

Lets say, Yondaime would have been a lucky guy. :amuse

6. YamazakiSusumu Just call me Susumu.

Anko is younger than Shizune, if you can believe that. heh

At the beginning of the series, Anko was 24, Shizune was 27, and I'm guessing Yondaime Hokage would've been around 40 if he wasn't dead.

7. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

Well Yondaime didn't really get pushed aside. He became Hokage. That's a tad better than the Sannin isn't it?

8. DKFize RaijinKen

Anko and Shizune are rather weak for Sannin..but I suppose the 4th makes up for it

9. TheoDerek Rise Against

That would be a really unbalanced team. Anko is a special Jounin and Shizune is a Jounin and Yondaime is a Kage. Anko and Shizune don't have the potential to reach that level.

10. TheChoji Banned

Anko's cool and all, but she kinda sucks at being a Sannin.

11. shibigoku Master of the fist

Especially since he's a perv like jiraiya and the 3rd.

Since the team needs to be balanced Yondaime would be good with Shizune and Anko would fill the empty spot.

12. Kyuubi Naruto Hounds of Justice

I doubt there is one. I mean Team 7 is improving very fast. There's no Sannin in between.

13. Last of the Uchihas Get your own girls, Jonas!

Although it was never stated that Yondaime was a pervert, i can see what you say that as Sandaime, Jiraiya and kakasi are perverts. lol

Hopefully they get to clarify that in the manga later on.

I agree

14. lwong81 Member

I doubt the 4th is that old, but I can't find his age.
    Best I found was that Kakashi is 27, so I am guessing 35ish?

15. Kyuubi Naruto Hounds of Justice

Yondaime died at age 26 I think. Or around 25-27. Im sure it was 26 though so really he would be around 41.

16. mgrace Guess Who's Back?!?!?!

Don't think so.... I think when people are put in teams its not balanced at all they are carefully selected.. I mean Look at team 7.. You have an Uchiha.... Who's brother was a genuis and Sasuke also is a genuis.. You have a female ninja with an amazing memory and studious and you have a guy with a Youma inside of him.. By putting these guys together you will create something special..

also Shika's team were put together because of their parents teams....

17. Elysium Coca-Cola no Jutsu

There was no age given for Yondaime at the time of his death at all. If you're sort of using the fanon theory of Naruto as his son, and working out the ages from other parents to get a sort of average, remember that for some parents, their child in Naruto's generation isn't their first child. Such as Sasuke's father, for example, if you remember, Itachi was his first son, who's older than Sasuke by a number of years.

Remember also, it wasn't uncommon to see young jounin at the time of Kakashi Gaiden, as seen by Kakashi's own promotion at the age of 13/14 (judging by Obito's time of death at 13 years of age).

Another thing to take into account is how young they look too... Kabuto was about 17/18 or so in his appearance, Itachi was about 17/18, and they both looked pretty much like adults. Yondaime could have been the same at the time of Kakashi Gaiden.

So an even rougher age estimate is...

(say 18 at time of Kakashi Gaiden)
    (using Kakashi's age in relation to Obito's age and death, 13)
    (Kakashi age at start of manga, 26)
    (minus Naruto's age, to when Kyubi came, and Yondaime died, Kakashi is 14)
    (one year from time of Obito's death to Kakashi's age when Yondaime died)

Yondaime would be 19 at the youngest (!) when he died. XD So, if he had lived, he'd be 31 years old. Yikes, young dad. But even so, if he was in a sannin team with the disciples from Orochimaru and Tsunade...

Yondaime - 31 (start of manga when Naruto's class is 12 years old)
    Shizune - 27 (before second databook stats by one year)
    Anko - 24 (first databook stats)

Yikes. Jiraiya would be proud. ^^; Minus 14 years back to when Anko first graduated from the Academy...

Yondaime - 17
    Shizune - 13
    Anko - 10 (just graduated)

Ahaha, it just sounds even worse and worse... ^^;;; Maybe it's a good idea they never had any team missions...

[edit]Yes, I know, this would have made Yondaime either just passed or already a jounin at about 11 years old when he took genin Kakashi under his care. Sounds a bit outrageous, but hey, Yondaime was probably a genius too. Remember when Jiraiya said something about preferring non-genius types, he wasn't explictly referring to Yondaime. He did have a three man genin team, after all. ^^

18. Alia_Atreides Mew...

Two girls and one guy is probally against ninja rules...
    No, serius, it would be nice to see this team, the students of the first legendary sannin. Only thing I have to add is that Im afraid Anko couldnt be near Shizune and Yondaime level. We have no evidence, of course, that she´s not that strong, but she was never mentioned as one of the greatest jounin...
    Just to make it clear, I like Anko, not saying she´s weak, just that we dont know so much about her... And its just my opinion. The poor girl has a seal she cannot use, that couldnt be good to her.

19. Kyuubi Naruto Hounds of Justice

Well about Yondaime's age, we do know that.

1.) 2 BK ~ 0 AK
    Yondaime is officially made the Fourth Hokage.
    2.) Yondaime was pretty young when he died.
    3.) Judging the ages of the other characters and their looks, Yondaime would have to be 23 atleast to be Hokage just going by looks.
    4.) Yondaime

39 BK

11 November - Jiraiya is born.

Now look at that picture and then look at the picture that a young Jiraiya was talking to a young Tsunade while a young Orochimaru was around. Well, if you remember it then you can see that Jiraiya was older then the other Jiraiya in the other flashback. Why is this relevant? It means that if Yondaime was really 29+ when he died then he wouldnt have been that young in that picture and Jiraiya wouldnt have looked that old either. Jiraiya was only 39 when Yondaime died. If Yondaime was 29 or higher then it would have been different.

So he should be 23-28 when he died.

20. MangekyouItachi New Member

wth would Anko do in that team?... Eat dangos' ?... Shizune is a good Medical Ninja, Yondaime just pawns, but Anko doesnt really do something does she?...

21. Spy_Smasher Well-Known Member

I understand that the point of this team-up was to put the students of the Sannin together, but even with the 4th there's no way you could consider this team another Sannin. Not even close. I'd bet that Sasuke could own Special Jounin Anko right now. How about we just call it an interesting team and leave it at that?

22. Gallic Rush Why not?

Wait, wasn't he Jiraiya's apprentice? So shouldn't the age gap be a tad bit more than 10 years (I'm assuming Jiraiya is around 50 like Tsunade)? I would hazard a guess that the Yodaime hokage would be about 35 or so right now.

But really, Anko, and Shizune, why the hell would they matter? Any team with the Yodaime would have been pwnage regardless :laugh.

23. mr_shadow Minister of State Security Moderator

I think people are kinda underestimating Anko. You gotta remember that her first and only fight was agains Orochimaru, who even Kakashi admitted he couldent defeat, and who knew all her tecniques (he was the one who thougt em to her in the first place).

So im posetive she could pwn pretty bad against a NORMAL opponent. Considering she has the CS as well, im even more convinced. Hope she gets another fight before the series ends.

Also...wounder if shes developed CS2? *drools*

24. NaraCoritha Member

Hey, I'm glad that so many of you all gave me great feedbacks on my question, since I've been thinking about this for a long time. I wasn't claiming these 3 to be legit Sannin, just thought about how it would've been for the successors of team 7 to be combined together in battle.

I think that Anko has not been given too much credit either. She's not like Tenten at all. I mean, she was the first female that I saw to be in charge of a chuunin exam. That's gotta stand for something. And not to mention that the ANBU were taking special orders from her when Orochimaru came along. Plus, Oro wouldn't have given her the cursed seal and considered using her as a container if she wasn't worth it.

It really doesn't matter about the age differences. What I thought was cool about the Sannin apprentices is how useful they can be to team 7 if the real deal were to suddenly croak at any given moment. The important thing is that these 3 successors can use the infamous summoning jutsus. Yondaime can summon Gamabunta (though it's useless cause Naruto already knows how to summon and the 4th is dead), Shizune should've been taught how to summon Katsuya, and Anko should've been taught how to summon Manda (unless Oro was too selfish to give her that privilege).

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it. Haha.