1. AAB SEASON THREE

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The World Cup is about to begin, which means it’s time to start proudly repping your country. We’ve created a special new feature for you guys exclusively for this big event! Click here to learn more!!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice

A Thousand Swords

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Elric of Melniboné, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Elric of Melniboné White Wolf

You know that there is only one choice you can make. You need everything that you can take advantage of.

"I accept." It was with those words that your path diverges.

The aging warrior priest wears a smile on his face, and oddly enough you find yourself sharing that same smile.

You were melancholic for so long. It was about time you take back the life that was stolen from you.

"Well, what is your name my student?"

"Raziel." You answer him. "I was--"

You stop yourself.

"I am the eternal champion."

"The force has no such thing as a limit. It penetrates us, and connects us. Our thoughts, our emotions, our dreams, and our desires. They are part of it, or rather it is to say the force is part of them." Ben waves his hand, and the boulders in front of him lift up from the ground. Your eyes widen. You could do that as a vampire but to see a human do so was surprising.

You are reminded of the grey fees. What you could remember from your life as the white wolf taught you much about them. Sorcerers could harness them, and forcibly impose their desires upon reality. They could take their dreams, and give them substance.

"You can be stronger, faster, and tougher than you can possibly imagine. You can understand the thoughts, and feelings of others. You can even manipulate them. You can command the matter around you, and destroy it." He crushes the boulders, and they are reduced to gravel. "However, the most elegant ability the force can afford you is prescience. You can interpret the future, and you will react according to it. That is the most difficult ability to master but the easiest to learn. I think you already know what I speak of."

You suddenly remember all of the glimpses of your other lives you have been seeing for a while now. Perhaps that was part of it. You wonder for a moment if the force was an extension of the grey fees.

"Yes, I have been having visions..." You answer your teacher. "Of lives I have lived before, and deaths I have been subject to. Things that have happened, and that will happen. On other worlds where I have been both a hero, and a villain. Sometimes both, and sometimes neither. Most of all, I remember a question that has haunted us." You struggle to say it. "When does it end?"

He nods his head.

"If what you told me was true I would expect no less." Ben looks at you with sympathy, and takes a seat on a nearby rock. The only one he left standing. "What else have you tried to do?"

"Nothing." You answer truthfully. Your abilities were unpredictable, and random. Your only chance of controlling them would be to find tanelorn. If you were to try without finding it? "I have no idea what would happen."

"I wonder..." The aging wizard is lost in thought. "If all chosen ones are like you, or maybe a part of you. You say you are this champion?"

"An aspect of him. As far as I can understand."

"It is strange to hear such stories." The once Jedi shakes his head. "That there are more that just other galaxies beyond the outer rim. That there may be other universes as well?" His frown becomes a smile. "It is exciting in a way, and humbling."

You didn't think of it that way, and your teacher was right.

No matter how strong, or fast? No matter how smart, or wise? You could never reach a limit. There would be someone stronger, and faster. There would be someone smarter, and wiser.

"It is in understanding that the mastery of something is not the peak of a mountain but instead a bottomless ocean. Its depths horrifying, and unseen." You say those words without realizing it. Perhaps it was something you said in another life. That you hold onto for some reason. You did not know enough about yourself to know.

"That is surprisingly astute." Ben laughs. "I wonder who is the teacher, and which of us is the student?" He points toward the gravel. "So, let's start with something simple. I want you to focus on those boulders I destroyed, and piece them back together."

You get up, and move to grab one piece of gravel--

"Not with your hands." Your teacher scolds you. "You must use the force."

You grit your teeth, and bite back a retort. "Very well."

You focus on one piece of gravel.

It doesn't budge. You grit your teeth. Nothing. A vein threatens to explode as you grind your teeth together, and you make a grabbing motion with your hands. "Why, won't, you, move."

This was easier when you were a vampire.

Ben looks at you in amusement.

"You're not having trouble, are you?"

You suddenly get the feeling that by the time you finished learning everything he has to teach you Ben would be next on your list of people to eviscerate, and eclipsed only by Kain who firmly has the number one spot on it.

"Is there something you are not telling me?"

"Why Raziel, you think I would keep something from you?"

"Yes, brother. He is just an old man." Alnaar interjects. "Don't be so harsh on him."

"Now listen to that right hand of yours. He seems an erudite. If you can't trust your sword who can you trust?"

Oh, so they were teaming up against you. How wonderful.

"I would see the both of you drawn, and quartered." You grumble as you continue to try, and fail to lift the gravel.

Your hands drop to your sides. You can't do it.

"It's impossible!"

''Is it?"

That is when Ben gets back, and with a wave of his hand the gravel swirls together before taking shape becoming boulders once more. It was as if they were never pulverized to begin with.

"I don't seem to have any trouble doing it. What exactly is holding you back?"

You clench your hands, and take a deep breath. "It is fear."

"So, you did not succeed. That is nothing to be surprised about." Your teacher brings you near another dwelling. A farm this time. "You did acknowledge what was holding you back. Which is a step in the right direction."

"Why are we here?"

"This time I want you to answer a question for me. How many people are living in that farm, and what are they thinking about right now?"

You close your eyes, and focus.

Two. No, three people. A man, a woman, and a child.

A child who--

"I have to leave." You realize with a sudden clarity who that was.

"What is wrong, Raziel?" The former Jedi gives you a strange look. He could probably feel your fear from across the galaxy.

"Do not ask me any questions I have to get as far away from here as possible!"

That child.

It was you.

You turn around, and make your away back into the desert. Your teacher following you.

***​
    "What happened, Raziel?" He looks concerned. This man you now call your teacher has the nerve to ask.

"The soul is a strange thing, and mine is even stranger." It could not be contained in one body. No, it never could be. "It permeates itself across every world, and is born anew on each one."

"That boy is someone I used to be, or someone I might become." The eternal champion. On every plane, and in every realm. A constant. That would never be undone.

"How can you be so sure?"

"You think I can't recognize my own soul?"

Your teacher goes silent at that.

"I can't go anywhere near that child. If I do your reality might unravel. I will continue the training but that farm is one place I can never return to."

In front of the campfire you look into the flames.

"Luke Skywalker."

You try the name. It was a fine one.

"Is he happy?"

Obiwan Kenobi does not answer you for a long time.

"I like to think so."

"Before we continue your training we must see what oath suits you best." The former general takes out a holocron from within his robes. "Then I expect you to learn everything you can about it."

"A Jedi believes in this, and strictly adheres to it. It is what I believe in. However, it is admittedly draconian leaving no room for any deviation. The path to enlightenment requires sacrifice."

There is no emotion, there is peace.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no passion, there is serenity.
    There is no chaos, there is harmony.
    There is no death, there is the Force.

"The Sith believe the exact opposite, and see the force as a weapon. A way to free themselves, and indulge in their desires."

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

"However, there was a time before Jedi and Sith. When the Jedi called themselves Je'daii. Their code is forgotten more often than not. Sometimes I wonder if the Jedi Order should have considered teaching it."

There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
    There is no fear; there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

[] You follow your teacher's footsteps, and become a Jedi.
    [] You become enthralled with the promise of freedom, and passion. You become a Sith, and seek your revenge against Kain.
    [] You remember who you are, and recognize that the only choice you can make is to accept both ideologies. You live in the balance between them, and that is what you represent. You learn of the Je'daii.​

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018 at 6:30 PM
  2. Unlosing Ranger Rebirth and destruction, again and again

[x] You remember who you are, and recognize that the only choice you can make is to accept both ideologies. You live in the balance between them, and that is what you represent. You learn of the Je'dai.

3. trexalfa Well-Known Member

[X] You remember who you are, and recognize that the only choice you can make is to accept both ideologies. You live in the balance between them, and that is what you represent. You learn of the Je'dai.

4. John Wayne Well-Known Member

[X] You remember who you are, and recognize that the only choice you can make is to accept both ideologies. You live in the balance between them, and that is what you represent. You learn of the Je'dai.

5. Elric of Melniboné White Wolf

It was the first choice you ever made.

When you were once Prince Gaynor the Damned. When you were a Knight of Balance.

You were born of tanelorn's womb, and together with your brothers you brought forth change. However, it was the greatest mistake you ever made. Your greatest sin. Your first sin. In truth, it was a mechanism designed to serve one side.

The balance it brought regulation to limbo.

It only worked in favor of law.

In the end chaos was destroyed, and the balance had to be undone.

It was a demiurge. Just like Stormbringer it was anathema.

It obstructed the future, and denied possibility.

"I cannot choose to follow your same path, and I am not so consumed by my hatred that I would become a Sith." You frown as you look over the oaths. There was one that almost seemed designed with you in mind. "These Je'daii I would learn more about them, and the oath that was forgotten. I will not deny my emotions but I shall not let them control me either."

Obiwan Kenobi looks surprised.

"Strange, I thought you would choose the easiest route. Instead you decided to pick the hardest one." He shakes his head. "I have a feeling you would be a troublesome student." He says that but wears a smirk on his face. As if he is proud of you.

"The path of the Je'daii is a difficult one. You will embrace your emotions, and at the same guide them towards a specific course. You will both use, and control them. Instead of being controlled by them like the Sith." Ben turns the holocron on. You see a figure with a strange triangular tattoo on his face. He was human but something was strange about him. A hologram he might be you could recognize the power he had regardless.

"I was once called Xesh. Now I call myself Tau. I am a Je'daii Master, and I leave this holocron for those who desire to learn about the force..."

***​
    There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.

"Sheev Palpatine was a chancellor in the galactic republic." Obiwan Kenobi speaks to you as you eat. "None of us suspected him when it came down to it. I believe in part that it was because he was clouding our thoughts." He leans forward. "In truth, he is probably one of the greatest masters of the dark side in recent history. We weren't prepared when the clones betrayed us, and we were caught unaware. Separated from each other, and alone."

"Why do you not seek revenge?" You ask your teacher. "You were wronged, and so were your comrades! Now they lay beneath the dirt."

Your teacher sighs, and gives you a resigned look. "A Jedi does not seek vengeance. He seeks justice."

"Then why not seek justice?" You don't let it go. The more your teacher told you about the galactic empire the more it reminded you of the crumbling ruins that are now Nosgoth.

"I am but one person, and I know that I am simply not strong enough to defeat him." Obiwan Kenobi admits his weakness.

"I can help you." After all, Ben went out of his way for you. Why not do the same for him?

"You are not ready, and I believe you told me that you need to find tanelorn before you can reshape the world in whichever way you want."

"I have Alnaar, and despite the fact I have not found my tanelorn it does not mean I am powerless." You had your black sword, and your memories were becoming clearer every day.

"Then I shall make a deal with you, Raziel. Prove that you can defeat me in combat, and I will consider it." Your teacher challenges you. You aim to meet that challenge.

***​
    There is no fear; there is power.

Do not be afraid. You may have not found tanelorn but it is with you always. Just as limbo is. Just as the grey fees are.

You gesture towards the boulders, and this time they float into the air.

"Yes, that is perfect!" Your teacher claps his hands. "Now take them apart!"

You clench your hand, and the boulders are pulverized. They become gravel.

"You can do more than just destroy them! Now put them back together."

The gravel swirls together into a tornado, and takes another shape once more. However, this time you decide to be more creative than your teacher.

"Kain..." You murmur after making a statue in his likeness. You wear a nasty smirk on your face before swinging Alnaar through the statue, and cleaving it in half. "It is not over! I live!"

***​

I am the heart of the Force.

You meditate, and see memories of lives long since passed. You see your lives that are yet to be.

"I'll not leave you here. I've got to save you."

"You already have, Luke."

You feel tears run down your face. As memories of the future plague your mind. You wish you could meet that child, and help him but you know that you can't.

You cannot meet yourself. The risks are great, and many.

It is better that he never walks the road that you do.
    I am the revealing fire of light.

"Are you alright!" You grab your teacher before he falls. "What is wrong?"

"Nothing it is just time catching up with me." He tries to smile but grimaces in pain instead. You look at him, and open your mind. You look deeply inside of him. You see his muscles, and his organs. You look deeper within him. You see his cells, and that's when you find it. At his age it would be expected.

Cancer.

It was spreading throughout his body, and soon it would metastasize. You wouldn't let that happen.

You press your hand against his chest, and envelop your teacher in the warmth of the force. It revitalizes him, and soon the cancerous cells die.

After making sure you had destroyed every single one of them you let go of him.

"You won't die this day."

***​
    I am the mystery of darkness.

"Alnaar." You grasp your black sword. "This beast dies."

The krayt dragon roars in defiance. It was hunting you for days.

It had managed to hurt your teacher as he defended you from it.

Now it would be the one that is hunted.

You run your hand across your blade, and it is enveloped in the crackling electricity of the force.

You charge forth, and claim the head of your tormentor.

Your vengeance would not be denied.

***​
    In balance with chaos and harmony,

"Prepare to die, Jedi!" The Sith Acolyte charges at you with his light-saber, and you meet his charge with Alnaar. There is a look of surprise on his face when your black sword manages to stop his light-saber. "What manner of vibroblade is that--"

He does not finish as you cut through the electromagnetic field containing the plasma within, and cleave him in half from shoulder to hip.

"I am no Jedi, you miserable insect." You swing Alnaar, and ring the blood away from your blade. "That was your first mistake."

"A fine trophy to add to our collection, my brother." You pick up the Sith Acolyte's light-saber, and add it to the others on your belt. Alnaar satisfied once more by your bloodshed.

The other Sith Acolyte who followed you practically jumps in fright when you turn your gaze to him. "You can choose to fight me, and end up like him." You point towards the corpse of his friend. "However, I suggest you leave and perhaps I will be merciful enough to spare you for your cowardice."

It only takes the Sith Acolyte a few seconds to decide. He drops his light-saber, and makes his escape.

***​
    Immortal in the Force.

"I cannot die, and I never will be free of this burden." You suddenly realize this. You had seen all of your lives now. This was your lot in life. You may have broken fate and destiny but the burden of responsibility will be on your shoulders. You are strong, and you are powerful.

You will be born again. You will die, and find yourself wearing another face.

You find your peace in that. Your heart yearns for battle.

It shall not be denied. However, that does not mean you will always be fighting. Sometimes you will know love, and happiness. You will have a family. You will have friends. You will have a life worth living.

"Kain, you have failed spectacularly." In that moment everything disappears, and the sounds of countless others screaming in your mind cease to be.

You only hear the dripping of water, and chirping of birds.

What was this feeling?

This serenity.

It was more than just happiness.

It was the force.

"Are you sure you are ready, Raziel?" Obiwan Kenobi turns on his light-saber, and prepares to do battle with you. "You have completed your training. You don't need to do this."

"You said I could help you if I defeated you earnestly." You give your teacher your retort. "I will take you up on that. Whether you like it, or not." That is when you smile at him.

Your mind is in turmoil once again.

You see the choices before you. The force gives you a glimpse of the future.

[] You do not hesitate, and do not hold back against your teacher. You would show him how powerful you are. So, that perhaps you could save him when the time comes. You would risk everything to ensure your teacher's livelihood. Despite what may happen to the galaxy. This galaxy does not come before those closest to your heart. It is nothing compared to them.

[] You see it all before your eyes. If you win, and you fight Darth Sidious... what the force orchestrated would unravel. The future would be uncertain. There is no telling what would happen. You cannot take such a risk, and hold back against your teacher. The many always come before the few. You hate yourself for this but you must lose if the future is to remain the same.

6. trexalfa Well-Known Member

[X] You do not hesitate, and do not hold back against your teacher. You would show him how powerful you are. So, that perhaps you could save him when the time comes. You would risk everything to ensure your teacher's livelihood. Despite what may happen to the galaxy. This galaxy does not come before those closest to your heart. It is nothing compared to them.

7. John Wayne Well-Known Member

[X] You do not hesitate, and do not hold back against your teacher. You would show him how powerful you are. So, that perhaps you could save him when the time comes. You would risk everything to ensure your teacher's livelihood. Despite what may happen to the galaxy. This galaxy does not come before those closest to your heart. It is nothing compared to them.

8. Unlosing Ranger Rebirth and destruction, again and again

[x] You do not hesitate, and do not hold back against your teacher. You would show him how powerful you are. So, that perhaps you could save him when the time comes. You would risk everything to ensure your teacher's livelihood. Despite what may happen to the galaxy. This galaxy does not come before those closest to your heart. It is nothing compared to them.

9. Crimson Dragoon Red Eyes

time to cast some ripples

10. Elric of Melniboné White Wolf

You saw the world as it was to become, and you burst into hysterical laughter.

No.

Your teacher would not die. He would not be cut down by the servant of that manipulative snake.

Darth Sidious... his life, and his head would be your reward.

Your teacher's greatest enemy would be punished by your hands!

You move quickly, and close the distance. Your black sword meets your teacher's light-saber. As you clash you cannot help the smirk that grows on your face. You live for this!

Your instincts are on fire. A thousand lifetimes of swordplay, and swordsmanship flash through your mind. He could not hope to match those many centuries of practice. He finds himself being pushed back.

Your teacher was no longer just fighting you. He was fighting everyone you would ever become.

"I admit I am no match for you when it comes to dueling!" Obiwan Kenobi backs away, and thrusts his hand forward. You feel the force strike at you with the strength of a battering ram as it sends you flying across the desert. You twist, and turn in the air before landing on your feet. "However, that is not the only weapon in my arsenal!"

"Who said that it was?" You thrust your hand forward as crackling lightning shoots out of your fingers. You teacher blocks it with his light-saber but he has to dig his feet into the ground just to keep standing.

You take that chance, and in a burst of speed you disappear from his sight. You reappear by his side, and swing Alnaar sideways. He turns his body to defend against the black sword with his light-saber. His light-saber barely manages to stop it, and he finds his trusted heirloom bending under the force of your strike. You push with the force, and your teacher is sent hurdling into the air. You jump clearing dozens of meters, and clash blades with him once more in the air forcing him back down to the ground.

He is on his knees, and you strike again with Alnaar knocking the light-saber from your teacher's hands. You point the black blade at his neck. "Yield, my friend."

"You have taken what I have taught you, and surpassed me. That is true." Obiwan Kenobi says between labored breathes. The exhaustion settling in now. "However, Darth Sidious is not someone you should underestimate--"

"I was holding back." You inform him immediately. "If I had taken you seriously you would have died in the first move." You say it with pride.

"Be that as it may." Ben shakes his head, partly in amusement, and partly in annoyance. He was not getting that weak, right? "Darth Sidious is another beast entirely. He would have defeated me with as much as ease as you did. In fact, it would have been even easier for him."

"I will be prepared for him when the time comes." You relent, and acknowledge your teacher's concerns. "There is more that I should learn, and I will learn it by the time I face him." Your visions were becoming clearer. You knew who you had to learn from next.

"If you do not?"

"Then I will die."

"You know, when I asked if you had any work for me this was not what I meant." Han Solo gives you a strange look from the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon. "I usually don't smuggle people."

"What is it they say around these systems? There is a first time for everything?" You place your hand on the seat of the cockpit, and look deep into space.

Yes, there was one last part of your lessons you needed to complete. You learned of the Jedi.

Now?

"Korriban... you know that place is nothing but trouble?" Han Solo looks unnerved. Just being near the place made him feel nauseous. There was something fundamentally wrong about it.

"That would be the force, or rather how it has been perverted by the Sith Lords there." You answer the smuggler's question before he even gets a chance to ask it.

"Ugh, Jedi." He grumbles. "Try not to read my mind, okay?"

"No promises." Your mind was elsewhere. You could feel the spirits wandering that planet even from Tatooine. Just the light side would not be enough, and you have mastered it thanks to Ben. You had some understanding of the dark side but only what your instincts allowed you, and being self-taught is a recipe for disaster. The dark side of the force was stronger on Korriban. You are not sure what you would find but you knew that if you want to master the force this is where you must begin.

Chewbacca makes some indignant noises.

"Yeah, buddy. I don't like him either." Han Solo snorts, and you give him a nasty look.

"Who exactly is paying you again?"

"Yeah, yeah I get. No complaining."

It was a good thing those Sith Acolytes had so many credits on them. You can't imagine what you would have done without them. You should probably consider pawning those light-sabers too...

"The man-bear reeks of manure." Alnaar is the first to complain about Chewbacca.

"Yes, he does indeed." You really wish this star-ship had better ventilation.

"You know, this place feels really welcoming." Alnaar is always dry when it comes to sarcasm.

"The air itself is thick with the dark side." Your scrunch your nose in disgust. Well, at least you were away from Chewbacca. That stench was even worse than this feeling of primordial passion, and ambition rife in the atmosphere.

You see the temple ahead of you, and make your way towards it. He was calling you.

Someone who knew Darth Sidious intimately. You could feel their connection in the force.

It was a temple made to be the tomb of Marka Ragnos. Where his body would be enshrined.

Now you sense another presence within.

It most certainly was not him.

You move boulders, and concrete aside as you make your way deeper into the temple with the force beside you. Guiding you further within, and towards the source of this disturbance in the force.

"I have been waiting."

The transparent figure looks bemused. He is looking around the temple, and examines some murals paying you no mind.

"Who are you?" You ask the ghostly figure.

"An enemy of my enemy is my friend." He speaks again, and turns around removing his hood. He was a muun, and that was clear. What else was obvious was that he was powerful in the dark side of the force. He was a Sith Lord in life to be sure. "You seek my apprentice's life. I will help you take it from him."

"Oh, so you were his teacher then?" Now this was interesting. What exactly could motivate a man to murder his student? Then as you sense the bubbling feelings you realize what it is. You notice them in yourself when your thoughts drift towards Kain. "This is about revenge, isn't it?"

"When it comes to Sith Lords when doesn't it come to that?" The force ghost bursts into laughter. He must think your question was amusing more than anything else. "I am or rather I was Darth Plagueis. I taught Darth Sidious everything that he knows, and he rewarded me by taking my life when I was inebriated."

"It sounds like you have only yourself to blame if you were foolish enough to get drunk in front of him." The moment those words leave your mouth Darth Plagueis raises his hand, and sends you flying across the room into a mural.

"I am offering you help but that does not mean I will tolerate disrespect. You may have loyalties to a Jedi but I will overlook that. Provided you bring about the downfall of my former apprentice? I will teach you everything that I know." Darth Plagueis continues his speech, and then uses the force to drag you towards him. You meet his eyes. "You are no Jedi, and you are no Sith. You make me curious, Raziel." Darth Plagueis speaks your name. "Perhaps you shall master the force in ways I couldn't in life."

"I have every intention of doing so." You answer back, and quickly you unsheathe Alnaar swinging it towards the malevolent spirit. Darth Plagueis dodges it but the edge of the blade manages to somehow cut his cheek. He swabs his finger against his face, and feels blood drip from it.

"Ahahahahaha, yes! Your potential is astounding." Darth Plagueis seems pleased instead of being angry that you just cut him. "You would be my instrument of vengeance against Darth Sidious, and in turn what I teach you will be the instrument of your vengeance against Kain."

You wear a truly horrifying smirk on your face. "It seems we have an accord."

"Yes, we do... my apprentice."

You kneel before your master.

"What name do you think suits you above all others, my apprentice? You may walk between two paths but that does not mean you can neglect either side. As my apprentice, and a master of the dark side. You need another name that reflects that part of you. You do not just belong to the light side." Darth Plagueis circles around you, and as he reads more of the tomes of the Sith Lords that preceded him he pays you a single glance.

You are meditating, floating about the temple's floor, and are focusing deeply on the force. You feel both sides of your being. The affection you felt for your teacher who taught you humility, and mercy. Your hatred, and desire for revenge against the man who made you into a vampire.

A thousand different names flash before your eyes but there are four above all others that answer your pleas.

The force guides you towards them, and it gives you the answer:

[] Darth Ignis. You do not forget the Lake of the Dead. You remember the water burning like fire against your skin. Alnaar by your side, and giving birth to a star. The fires within born of your agony as you died.
    [] Darth Fulgur. You are swift, and cunning. Your black sword strikes without mercy, and lightning crackles upon the edge. You are fire, and lightning. It is what your soul has been written in.
    [] Darth Shaitan. You cannot forget your past. You do not forget God. Nor the stigmata placed upon you. You lost everything when you abandoned Pandemonium. Just for a chance at reconciliation with your lord.
    [] Darth Immortalis. You will die but that will not be the end. You have eternity ahead of you, and you will be born again. Your soul is undying. It is forever. You will see the stars die, and hear the last gasp of every realm.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018 at 1:17 AM
  11. Unlosing Ranger Rebirth and destruction, again and again

*does google check on names* I'll choose the one most like satan. :maybe
    [x] Darth Shaitan. You cannot forget your past. You do not forget God. Nor the stigmata placed upon you. You lost everything when you abandoned Pandemonium. Just for a chance at reconciliation with your lord.

12. Crimson Dragoon Red Eyes

[X] Darth Shaitan. You cannot forget your past. You do not forget God. Nor the stigmata placed upon you. You lost everything when you abandoned Pandemonium. Just for a chance at reconciliation with your lord.

13. Elric of Melniboné White Wolf

Who here thinks Darth Iblis sounds better than Darth Shaitan?

14. John Wayne Well-Known Member

15. Unlosing Ranger Rebirth and destruction, again and again

[X] Darth Shaitan. You cannot forget your past. You do not forget God. Nor the stigmata placed upon you. You lost everything when you abandoned Pandemonium. Just for a chance at reconciliation with your lord.

17. Elric of Melniboné White Wolf

Lucifer.

You were meant to cure the world's pain. It was your light that would banish the darkness. Your beauty was unmatched, and so was your pride. In your hubris you spurned your lord, and chose to rebel. You rallied those entrapped by your beauty, and your passion. You used their love for you.

You fought for your own sake. That was always true.

However, as with anything in life things began to change. You knew remorse, and sought to stand by his side once again.

You tore the wings from your shoulders, and cast away your immortality. You left your throne, and abandoned your kingdom. You climbed your way out of the abyss, and found yourself gasping for air as you reached the surface.

Earth.

Your beautiful Earth.

No matter what face you wore, or what name you use it was always yours. That is when you knew love. In the first time since you were born you became enamored not with a person but with a place.

The only home you would ever dare claim.

Heaven could not compare, and Hell was but a shadow of it.

You knew then where you belonged. It was not by your lord's side.

No, it is by living with these flawed and ugly creatures that you realized that it was not their pain you cured. They had saved you from yourself.

God was wrong.

They were not grasping at the illumination your light would bring. You were enveloped in the warmth of their embrace.

"Darth Shaitan." You speak the words, and they reverberate across the galaxy. Throughout time, and space. The force recoils both in trepidation, and realization of what you are.

"Then it is decided." Darth Plagueis puts one of his tomes down, and looks at you once more. "Now we can begin."

***​
    "A rival."

Darth Sidious could feel it. The birth of another master of the dark side.

However, something was strange. In the darkness he felt light intertwined with it.

Hatred, and mercy.

Pride, and humility.

A mass of contradictions.

It unnerved him... how easily these opposing forces became as one in this rival.

He had heard of this before when he researched his predecessors. There was one person that matched this description.

Darth Revan.

A man who was both a Jedi, and a Sith. Yet, neither of them at the same time.

"What concerns you, my master?" Darth Vader kneels before him.

"There is another." Darth Sidious answers him. "A master of the dark side who may one day be a threat."

"Are you certain?" Darth Vader sounds strangely interested. "If it is so I can deal with him by your command."

"No, not yet." Darth Sidious raises his hand to dismiss his student. "We must learn more first."

Now that surprises Darth Vader. The only reason Darth Sidious would be cautious like this is if he felt threatened.

In that moment the monster who was once Anakin Skywalker realizes that he could use this.

"I will investigate." Darth Vader tells his master. "Where did you sense this disturbance in the force?"

"Korriban." Of course. Where else would it be? "That is where it came from."

Darth Sidious could sense them. His student's rebellious thoughts.

Any attempts on his life would be dealt with. Darth Sidious would teach his student the price for treachery.

"I spent a large part of my life studying midi-chlorians." Darth Plagueis meditates with his apprentice. "I thought that by studying them I could discover the secret to immortality."

"What happened?" You ask your master.

"I went beyond my station." Darth Plagueis wears something of a sardonic smile. "I did more than just seek immortality. I tried to change the force itself." He shakes his head. The mistakes of mice, and men. "I thought I could control it. I thought I could tame it." Darth Plagueis looks you in the eyes. "Just as with any cornered animal it became desperate. It lashed out, and created what would become Darth Vader."

"Darth Vader..." You murmur. The name seems familiar. "Who is he?"

"Your teacher did not tell you?" Darth Plagueis looks positively ecstatic. As if he is the cat who just caught the canary. "He went by another name once. He was a Jedi. A man called..." Darth Plagueis chuckles. It gives you no comfort. "Anakin Skywalker."

"Search your feelings. You know it to be true."

It hits you again. A vision of the future that was meant to be.

Now cast aside by your actions.

He was Luke Skywalker's father.

He was your father.

"Do you think that?" Darth Plagueis couldn't help but notice your feelings. "Truly?"

"I am not sure." Luke Skywalker. You could be him one day. "We share the same soul but our hearts, and our minds are distinct."

"Then treat him as you would anyone else." Darth Plagueis advises you. "He is not your father. He is an enemy. He is your quarry's greatest disciple."

"His greatest disciple, and his greatest enemy." You rebuke your master. As ideas run rampant in your mind. "You must be able to sense it? He is not loyal."

"While that may be true Darth Vader would not risk his own life for a plan that would fail. You know this already." Darth Plagueis grabs another tome, and begins reading it. "However, he is driven by his love for a woman. That child may be all that is left of her in this galaxy."

You understand what Darth Plagueis means to say immediately. "I will not use a boy as a means to an end, and especially not one who I am to become."

"You cannot dismiss such opportunities, my apprentice. My traitorous protege does not believe in mercy like you do." Darth Plagueis takes a deep breath, and realizes once more who he is talking to. "You need not use the boy as a shield, or as bait for a trap. You can instead use the boy to turn Darth Vader to your side."

Your master was right. You had options at your disposal.

"That would be the most desirable outcome. If I can reach the man, and not the monster?"

"Then you can use that weakness. His love would betray him."

You do not like the way your master derides love as a weakness but you can't help but agree with him. There was a chance you could save Luke Skywalker's father, or at the very least make him a comrade.

Darth Sidious would not expect that.

[] You feel the inklings of the part of you that was Luke Skywalker reach out to you. He pleads to you to save his father. You were a monster for so long as Raziel. How many lives had you taken as a vampire? Perhaps it was time to put that part of your past behind you. If only so that boy may have a father for once in his life.
    [] You cannot take such a risk, and you quiet the storm of emotions that erupts in your soul. You were Darth Shaitan, and you would show no mercy to your enemies. Darth Sidious was cruel, and capricious. You must be even more ruthless than he is to win this war. If your teacher hates you for this then so be it.

18. trexalfa Well-Known Member

[X] You feel the inklings of the part of you that was Luke Skywalker reach out to you. He pleads to you to save his father. You were a monster for so long as Raziel. How many lives had you taken as a vampire? Perhaps it was time to put that part of your past away. If only so that boy may have a father for once in his life.

19. Unlosing Ranger Rebirth and destruction, again and again

Vader being converted early prevents the sequels entirely, but being able to convince him is also a long shot. If vader is killed Luke doesn't grow enough to beat Sidious. Seeing as a sith master is suggesting it, I would assume that is a course of action that is still sith like... unless he's testing out our darkside. What to pick...:kermitthink

20. Elric of Melniboné White Wolf

Just saying but there are manipulative, and dark side ways of saving someone.

A lie can go a long way, especially if there is truth to it.

21. Unlosing Ranger Rebirth and destruction, again and again

[x] You feel the inklings of the part of you that was Luke Skywalker reach out to you. He pleads to you to save his father. You were a monster for so long as Raziel. How many lives had you taken as a vampire? Perhaps it was time to put that part of your past behind you. If only so that boy may have a father for once in his life.

22. John Wayne Well-Known Member

[x] You feel the inklings of the part of you that was Luke Skywalker reach out to you. He pleads to you to save his father. You were a monster for so long as Raziel. How many lives had you taken as a vampire? Perhaps it was time to put that part of your past behind you. If only so that boy may have a father for once in his life.

We are not Sith.

23. John Wayne Well-Known Member

Also true power is not obtained by slaying every would be foe. It's through taking everything from people that can be taken, draining the potential dry, and twisting it to suit your needs.

24. Elric of Melniboné White Wolf

Time.

It was an illusion. You see, it has no linear course.

Past, present, and future are as one. People do not realize this.

They cannot.

If they do that means acknowledging something about themselves they do not believe in.

It is created by us this concept of linearity. So, that we can keep living our lives as we do.

We navigate through something that is non-linear in a way that is linear.

Distances become shorter, and longer. Minutes can become seconds, or centuries.

You do see this. You have no choice in the matter.

Your memories grant you this sort of ephemeral understanding.

In another place, in another time, and in another space.

You find yourself in the shoes of another.

"Just for once let me look on you with my own eyes." You take your father's mask, and gently remove it from his face. Careful as to not hurt him anymore than he is already.

"Now go, my son. Leave me." Your father commands you.

"No. You're coming with me. I'll not leave you here. I've got to save you." Your heart bursts at the seams. A primal desire to save your father erupts within you.

"You already have, Luke. You were right. You were right about me. Tell your sister... you were right." Darth Vader goes silent. He closes his eyes.

"Father. I won't leave you." Your father goes limp in your hands, and takes his last breath.

You knew how you could reach him.

It became clear to you now.

You open your eyes, and wake from your dream. A future that was happening even as you lived in the present.

"I envy you, my apprentice." Darth Plagueis looks bemused more than anything else. "You are blessed in more ways than you can imagine."

When Darth Vader landed on Korriban he could feel it immediately. A force unlike anything he had encountered before.

It was no Jedi Master.

However, it was not a Sith Lord either.

It was a swirling amalgamation of light side, and dark side energies. He is reminded of Tython, and the strange balance that exists there.

"I have been waiting for you, Anakin Skywalker." You speak his name. Which no other should know. You leave the shadows, and let the light shine upon you. You wear the black robes of your master. Your white hair blows in the wind, and the red of your eyes pierce this broken man's soul.

"Ah, so you are who my master fears so much?" Darth Vader seems amused, and ignites his light-saber. "I would see your head set free from your shoulders." You were powerful enough to discover his true name, and rip it from his mind. At least that is what he thinks.

You smirk, and unsheathe Alnaar. He is in for a surprise.

"A vibroblade?" Darth Vader sounds disappointed. However, that is when he feels it. The energies around that black sword were dangerous. The force was whispering to him, and warning him. It could not penetrate the black blade, or reveal its secrets. It was not forged out of the dark side.

No, it was made out of something more ravenous than even it was.

"So, you wield an artifact of the ancient Sith Lords? Is that why my senses betray me?" Darth Vader assumes what comes obviously to him.

"No, it is no artifact of theirs. It is my brother. My right hand. My other half." You correct the Sith Lord, and make your way towards him slowly.

You could sense it. He wished to test you.

As the winds of Korriban passed by the both of you? You both disappear. You move as fast as you can. You leave light in the dust, and transcend the physical laws.

Darth Vader manages to block your first strike regardless. His light-saber meets Alnaar, and deep inside his soul he could feel it already. A strange familiarity. He should know you.

Why is that? What connection could you possibly have to him?

"What is your name, boy?" Darth Vader pushes back with light-saber, and you give allowing yourself some distance from him.

"Luke." Your plan is set in motion. Now it was time to capitalize on it. "He told me much about you."

A sudden urgency is born in Darth Vader. A gnawing curiosity.

"Who?"

"Obiwan Kenobi."

A feeling of hatred erupts within Darth Vader. His former master lives. Darth Vader closes the distance this time, and strikes with his light-saber. You deflect every blow with Alnaar, and see through his rage. It made him stronger but it made him easier to predict at the same time.

Against the thousands of generations of swordsmanship and swordplay at your disposal that was Darth Vader's greatest mistake. He could not break through your guard, and even without the force whispering in the back of your mind you could see his moves before he made them.

In his frustration he screams, and his voice is amplified by the force. It pulverizes the earth around you, and sends you flying backwards. As rock is reduce to its component atoms from the reverberation of it.

That was a nice trick. You had to admit.

However, your master knew it too.

You take a deep breath, and unleash an even deeper roar. It overpowers Darth Vader's attack, and forces him back.

You feel his surprise.

"Why wouldn't my master teach me it? After all, who do you think taught yours?" Darth Plagueis made sure to teach you that first. It had many uses, and you aimed to exploit every one.

"You said you knew Obiwan Kenobi." Darth Vader grinds his teeth, and clenches his light-saber. "Now there is another?"

"Obiwan Kenobi raised me, and Darth Plagueis taught me."

Darth Vader is surprised. You could feel it immediately.

His master had lied to him. Darth Plagueis was not dead.

"Yes, he still lives." You lie with an expert's grace as you feel Darth Vader's suspicions grow. It would work in your favor. "As a recluse in these ruins. I found him, and he agreed to teach me. In return for a favor."

"What favor would that be?" Darth Vader disappears, and reappears before you once more. You block his light-saber with your bare hands this time.

Your master had taught you how to both shield yourself with the force, and absorb energies with it. He had taken to using a walking cane instead of a light-saber in his life. You would use your hands instead.

Darth Vader begins to understand as he fights you. There was a reason his master was cautious.

This was no upstart.

It was a rival.

Just as he said.

"Oh, he asked me to bring an end to his apprentice's life." You answer the Sith Lord, and then strike with the palm of your hand. Sending him flying backwards, and into a boulder. It breaks, and crumbles to pieces. "Your master, Darth Sidious."

Darth Vader hesitates. As the pieces begin to come together, and looks again.

The hair, and eyes were wrong. However... the facial features were nearly identical.

Just like his own. The rest could be explained by the dark side being so strong in this young usurper.

"What is your surname?" Darth Vader had to know.

"You know the answer to that already." You are almost there. You just have to let him find it for himself. "Obiwan Kenobi... he was always brought to tears when he spoke of you. He felt he wronged you--"

"He did!" Darth Vader picks himself from the rumble. His mind was now on fire. The pieces beginning to come together. So, the whole picture could now lay bare before him. "He nearly brought an end to my life, and now look at me!" Half man, and half machine. It was only his hatred that kept him going. "This is what the Jedi Order did to me!"

"He spoke a lot about my mother as well. That she was a kind woman. That she loved you dearly. That her last words on her lips were your name." You continue to spin your lies, and take advantage of your enemy's uncertainty. Luke Skywalker had to be sixteen years old by now. You looked around that age.

Technically, you would become him. So, this wasn't a lie.

No, a part of you even felt the need to embrace this man as your father. You could not deny that.

That is why you can use it. Anything else would not work. No, you had to believe it. You had to fool yourself.

The best lies are those that hold some grain of truth to them.

"No." Darth Vader wavers, and he begins to understand. His son had followed his footsteps. The lies his master spun to him were far grander than he imagined. He had not murdered Padmé Amidala Naberrie?

"It was giving birth to us that strained her so much." You answers your father's question before he has a chance to ask it. "What you did to her was not the cause."

You notice the subtlest of twitches, and you slowly approach your father. "I do not want to fight you but Darth Sidious has to be stopped. It was why I risked becoming a Sith Lord myself. I had to learn everything I could about the force. What Obiwan Kenobi taught me was simply not enough." Yet more truths within lies. You squash any feelings of guilt you have.

"If what you say is true? Darth Sidious has more to answer for than I could have ever imagined." Darth Vader stops calling him his master. That was what revealed the most to you. You could hear the seething vitriol within his voice. His hatred was discovering another target.

It was working, and perhaps not in the way that you wished but you would make due.

"Then let us defeat him together. He needs to pay for what he did to us both. He took your family from you, and my future from me." You could have had a father. You could have had a mother.

If not for Darth Sidious.

You lose yourself in the part of you that is Luke Skywalker. Your are merely feet away from Darth Vader.

That is when you take Alnaar from your belt, and let your black sword drop to the ground.

You embrace your father. You cast aside your fear.

Whatever boundary separating Raziel, and Luke is gone.

They are as one.

They are the Eternal Champion.

Something Darth Vader can't control takes over. He was always ruled by his emotions. His hand loses its tight grip on his light-saber. It falls to the ground.

It happens slowly at first but he finds himself returning your hug.

"I... do not know how to do this."

"Neither do I."

They were both fools.

"You are crueler than I." Darth Plagueis seems impressed. In a way he is even proud of you. "You lie to the man's face, and use his emotions against him. Just so you can use him against his own master."

You bite back a retort. You feel strangely happy.

Just where did Raziel begin, and Luke Skywalker end?

You did not know anymore.

"Brother." Alnaar speaks for the first time in a long while. "Are you going to be alright?"

"I do what I must." You answer your black sword. "It has to be this way."

"Now we can begin the next phase of our plan. Since Darth Vader has agreed to aid in the assassination of Darth Sidious we are afforded a unique opportunity. Several in fact."

[] You believe a straight-forward approach is the best way. You have Darth Vader bring you before Darth Sidious after he "captures" you. At which point you would both strike against him.
    [] Darth Sidious is dangerous, and could be prepared for betrayal. It is best you take advantage of Darth Vader's resources to discover what operatives Darth Sidious has besides him that he could use against you both, and eliminate them first.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018 at 8:29 AM
  25. TTGL Infinity Big Bang Stormer

[X] Darth Sidious is dangerous, and could be prepared for betrayal. It is best you take advantage of Darth Vader's resources to discover what operatives Darth Sidious has besides him that he could use against you both, and eliminate them first.

26. Unlosing Ranger Rebirth and destruction, again and again

[x] Darth Sidious is dangerous, and could be prepared for betrayal. It is best you take advantage of Darth Vader's resources to discover what operatives Darth Sidious has besides him that he could use against you both, and eliminate them first.

27. John Wayne Well-Known Member

[X] Darth Sidious is dangerous, and could be prepared for betrayal. It is best you take advantage of Darth Vader's resources to discover what operatives Darth Sidious has besides him that he could use against you both, and eliminate them first.

Yeah walking up to him is suicidal, he's gonna see right through it.

28. Elric of Melniboné White Wolf

Byss.

You could already feel it. It was a nexus for the force.

Darth Sidious drew on it for his experiments, and to feast on the energies of the inhabitants. Who were lost in their dreams.

Your face scrunches in disgust. What Darth Sidious did here was beyond reproach.

You approach the planet in a TIE fighter your father had relinquished to you. He could not go here.

You could, and this where they were now. Darth Sidious kept them close to this place.

It was their leash.

His operatives. His agents.

The Emperor's Hand.

However, among all of them there was someone that you could not forget.

Someone you would have known if things turned out differently. Someone you would have loved.

Her red hair. Her green eyes. Her soft skin. Her plump lips as they captured your own. Her hands as they ran across your body. As your fingers intertwined, and you held each other.

When you were Raziel you did not know such things. You were a vampire. You did not love. You had no need for a woman. Your children were those that you turned. Your clan.

However, as Luke Skywalker you knew love. You could have been hers.

In another life, you could have been a husband.

Now she was just another enemy, and unlike your father she could not be as easily convinced.

You have to bring an end to her life.

Just as you did Cymoril.

Just as you did Zarozinia.

By your hands those you love would die.

Elric Womanslayer.

"I will do it." Alnaar could sense your anguish. "You need not strike her down." It was the only mercy he could grant you. "You have done it in the past but now I am here. I will carry this burden for you."

Your black sword. Your right hand. Your brother. Your other half.

Your executioner.

"No, I belong to her." You rebuke your black sword. "So, it is my burden to bear. It is not yours." No matter what life you live it is the same. You fate is undone but chance saw fit to place the same curse upon you.

As your TIE fighter lands you make your exit.

Your first step towards her.

***​
    Mara Jade was loyal. Mara Jade loves her master.

That was true but there was something wrong. There was something missing.

A part of her that was absent for as long as she could remember.

However, she paid it no mind. It was probably nothing important.

That is what she told herself. Yes, her life was fine as it was.

There was no reason to want for more...

There was one thing that confused her though.

Her dreams would hound her. There were other lives she had lived within them. Obviously, they were not real. They could not be.

They were not visions the force had granted her. They were just the fantasies of a young girl.

They had to be.

There is no way anyone would love her so unconditionally like that. Her master did not even love her as much as those people did.

Those men. Those women.

They weren't real.

They can't be.

That's when she feels a familiar presence. The first thing she notices is that this force-sensitive is enveloped in both sides of the force. Which was strange enough by itself. That is not what concerned her.

It was the scent. It reminded her of place she only saw in her dreams.

The Dragon Isles. Melniboné.

The dreaming city. Imrryr.

"Who is there--" As Mara Jade reaches for her light-saber a hand plunges itself into her back, and reaches for her heart.

"I am sorry." You speaks those words but they are empty. You waver, and begin to lose yourself. As Mara Jade begins to fall, and you cradle her in your hands. That is when she sees your face.

Your pale skin, your white hair, and your red eyes.

"Elric?" Mara Jade speaks the name of another. A man who you were once.

"Yes, I am here." You choke, and you sob. The tears are shed. "I will always be here."

It is a promise.

"I missed you." Mara Jade's eyes become glassy. As she loses more blood, and the life begins to leave her. "I missed you so much, Elric." She runs her fingers through your hair. Her hands soaked in her own blood, and now it paints your face. The blood of the woman you love. "Where did you go? You were gone for so long."

The woman you have always loved.

"I will find you." You make this solemn vow. "Wherever you go? I will find you, and you will be happy! I promise you that. This won't be forever!" It has to stop.

You wouldn't stand for anything less. You will see her smile.

No matter how long it takes. You will find Nosgoth, and you will find her there.

Mara Jade reaches forward with the last of her strength, and catches your lips in hers. You return her kiss.

You pour as much passion as you can in it.

Her body grows cold, and you realize that the deed is done.

You wipe away the last of your tears.

You still have work to do. There were others.

They would not live to see tomorrow.

"You have turned his disciple to your side, and you have taken the lives of his greatest assassins. You are ready, my apprentice." Darth Plagueis is pleased, and that is when you travel deeper within the tomb of Marka Ragnos. That is when you see it. A library that stretches on forever. What secrets of the dark side are hidden here you wonder.

"I leave everything that I have in your hands. I have amassed everything I could discover about the force here." Darth Plagueis begins to disappear. "I cannot stay. The rest is up to you."

Your master returns to the force.

It was time.

[] You begin preparations, and report to your father. You make a public appearance, fight Darth Vader, and lose. After this, Darth Vader brings you before Darth Sidious. You both strike against him when he least expects it. This is the most reliable method of fighting him, and ensures that he is truly defeated. However, he will be at his strongest. Which means you fight Darth Sidious, and your only aid in this battle will be your father.
    [] You decide that poison, explosives, traps and other indirect means of assassination are safer. However, if this fails Darth Sidious would be put on high-alert. Which would make it all the more difficult to assassinate him in a direct confrontation. It can backfire spectacularly later on. Do not forget what secrets Darth Sidious has. When it comes to him death is not always the end.

29. trexalfa Well-Known Member

[X] You begin preparations, and report to your father. You make a public appearance, fight Darth Vader, and lose. After this, Darth Vader brings you before Darth Sidious. You both strike against him when he least expects it. This is the most reliable method of fighting him, and ensures that he is truly defeated. However, he will be at his strongest. Which means you fight Darth Sidious, and your only aid in this battle will be your father.

30. TTGL Infinity Big Bang Stormer

[X] You decide that poison, explosives, traps and other indirect means of assassination are safer. However, if this fails Darth Sidious would be put on high-alert. Which would make it all the more difficult to assassinate him in a direct confrontation. It can backfire spectacularly later on. Do not forget what secrets Darth Sidious has. When it comes to him death is not always the end.