1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Abarai Renji vs Hisagi Shuuhei

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by Talvius, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Talvius Dream Inside You

Now im talking about renji before the bankai training and i didnt see shuuhei in battle yet but he has a bad ass look so he must be strong! anyways who would you want to see win?

Tags:
  2. TDM Toast

I still think Renji would win, but I'd prefer to see more Shuuhei (in combat) before I make a final decision.
    Spoiler: manga spoilers
    Alls I know is that he got beat down by a 5th seat.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2005
  3. TenshiOni Active Member

^True, but Yumichika is, in fact, vice-captain level.

Well, I'd still give it to Renji, but as DK (haha XD) said, we haven't really seen much of Sheehei in actual combat.

4. TDM Toast

Ehh? Where was that stated? Or was it implied?

DK? Hmm, I never thought about that.

Spoiler: manga spoilers
    Anyways, yeah the only thing we know about Shuuhei is that he was kicking Yumichika's ass before he got serious...which upon closer insepction is a very stupid statement. Err try "used his trump card"

Last edited: Oct 7, 2005
  5. TenshiOni Active Member

I admit, it was not stated, but I'd say it was implied.

He said he was above (or was it equal?) to Ikkaku's level but decided to remain the 5th seat because the number's 3 and 4 aren't beautiful enough. And since he went on to defeat Shuuhei, I'd say both him and Ikkaku are already vice captain level.

6. Talvius Dream Inside You

Shuuhei lost O_o!!?!?!

Oh my gawd! what a disappointement -___- i hate that ''beautiful'' guy he aint even cool looking :(

I vote renji...I dont know why but to me renji is the stronguest vice captain yet and i do say yet cause in the anime renji almost killed byakuya so...

7. TenshiOni Active Member

Oh crap, I'm sorry I spoiled it for ya, Talvius.

You should've put "anime only" in your thread title, my friend. :sweat

8. GaryDAI Active Member

Who is the 4th seat of the 11th division?

9. TenshiOni Active Member

Never met him/her.

10. TDM Toast

Yeah, the person hasn't been introduced yet, and I doubt it will. Sorry TO, I'll use spoilers.

11. Talvius Dream Inside You

Its ok im actually starting to read the manga and i was just about to get to that part so its ok! I guess this is a pretty uneven battle then!

12. Blue Well-Known Member Supporting Staff Retired Staff

I'm pretty certain Renji would Shuuhei. It's implied that the level of the captain determines the level of his subordinates. That's why Kenpachi's squad could smear vice-captains around all the way to the fifth seat.

Byakuya is one of the stronger captains. Not only that, Renji is (almost) Captain-level himself, having achieved bankai. Even leaving his bankai out of this battle, the fact remains that he achieved it - the long, hard, right way, unlike Ichigo.

Goes to Renji, easily.

13. Nico Active Member

I think Hisagi would win. I am not sure but I would think so.

14. Kepa spinningkickinyourface-jutsu

I'd say shuuhei....simple bias though :)
    renji looks like the best VC in terms of melee combat, but seeing the years of experiance hisagi has I'd say he would've won hands down. And about yumichika,
    Spoiler:
    except for it being a spoiler, we also don't know his trumph card power precisely, perhaps he would've beaten many VC with it...while other VC would be immune like in kira's casei...even though his shikai is very powerful, it was completely useless on rangiku's sword
    besides, hisagi never seemed to have used his shikai to counter it :)

15. garouga ZETSUBOU SHITA!!

It's hard to tell since we don't really know anything about Shuuhei's zanpakutou abilities. But I'm willing to bet Shuuhei would win, simply because he was once Renji's senpai, and the fact that Shuuhei was one of the more promising Shinigami during their academy days.

16. fake ambition New Member

Can I just say that I was expecting to open this thread and read: "Who's the smexiest?" :laugh Because that's certainly what first comes to my mind when I think of them!

But back to the original question! I believe Renji would probably win against Shuuhei. Like some people have already stated, Renji is certainly the most powerful vice-captain and possibly captain level already. Let's not forget that he's the only vice-captain who, as far as we know, has achieved bankai, and in the old fashion way, too. So I'm sure that puts him above any of the current vice-captains and maybe even some of the weaker captains.

Being one's senpai really doesn't automatically mean that one's more powerful, so I truly don't see how that argument works. We all know that with hard work one can definitely surpass whoever they propose to. :)

That's my answer until I see Shuuhei fight once more. He could either have spectacular skills that didn't get to shine that well when he fought Yumichika or already achieved bankai, both of which would give me a harder time choosing.

But at the end of the day, we all know Hanatarou pwns the all! :p

17. BattousaiMS Swordsman of Sorrow

If i read right it was Yamikucha's special abilty (which is to opponents spiritual energy, kinda like samehada's ability in Naruto) that defeated Hisagi. Anyway, I still vote for Renji as the winner, he was by far the best displayed at captain level and his defeat to Ichigo scared the shit out of the other VCs.

18. cinosweiv The Half Blood Bleach

Hisagi was once Renji's senpai.
    But Renji's development is dramatically fast, and from those three (Hinamori, Renji, Izuru) he is the first to achieve BanKai although he seemed to be the most pathetic one before.
    So, Renji will win from Hisagi. No doubt from me!

19. notme 団長

This is not exactly true. Yumichika said that he thought three was the most beautiful but Ikkaku already had it so he chose five (五) because it sort of looks like 3 (三). (*edit* This is in ch. 147)

So either he can't beat Ikkaku or he just doesn't want to. I would guess that he can't...

Also, I am pretty sure Renji, with Bankai, would own Shuuhei.

20. Kepa spinningkickinyourface-jutsu

yeah, too bad we're talking about the pre bankai training renji... but I guess reading the first posts is too much of a bother nowadays.

21. Sayo The Hedgehog

although i want shuuhei to win she's right :'(

22. Diaketh Number VII

I wouldn't really count on the whole "years of experience" thing, it doesn't really count shit when compared to a persons natural talent (to achieve Ban Kai). Take Hitsugaya Toushiro for example, entered the academy after Renji and the others (who themselves were like a few years behind Shuuhei) and became a captain himself.

I say Renji hands down. Why? First off, he is the only vice-captain that has showed the talent to achieve Ban Kai. He is also the shinigami with the largest amount of backstory (Rukia excluded).
    What about Shuuhei then? He's practically nothing compared to Renji. Kubo Tite didn't even bother to show us his Shikai!

23. Ah B Member

I'd give this to Renji. We haven't exactly seen much from Shuuhei, so I can't say too much, but Renji seems to be one of the stronger ones in the series (in general).

24. fake ambition New Member

Oh well, just remove the part where I stated that he's achieved bankai already and presto! Goes exactly the same way. Renji, I believe, pwns Shuuhei with or without bankai. :smile-big

I would like to also add that I'm sure Renji's time in the 11th division probably did a great deal to improve his dueling skills. Just take a look at Yumichika, who actually owned Shuuhei and ranks lower than Renji; he's quite powerful, and he's not quite vice-captain level yet. So, I imagine that Renji, who ranks a bit higher than him, has better skills than he does, which leads me to believe that Renji can at least defeat Shuuhei as well as Yumichika did.

Talking about the skills of the 11th division really made me wonder just how powerful little Yachiru is.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2005
  25. garouga ZETSUBOU SHITA!!

One flaw in your argument: 1st Division VC is very weak (Ichigo trashed him in seconds), despite the fact that Yamamoto is extremely strong.

26. garouga ZETSUBOU SHITA!!

One flaw in your argument: 1st Division VC is very weak (Ichigo trashed him in seconds), despite the fact that Yamamoto is extremely strong.

27. Wrath Mourning

Well, Shuuhei is implied to be one of the strongest VCs, but Renji is the strongest. Plus Renji's tattoos are less stupid looking.

I think whatsisname (Iba? The VC Ikkaku fought) was 4th seat of the 11th up until recently, so whoever has the job now isn't really important. Although Kamaiitachi is the 4th of something, was that the 11th? It could well have been Renji, actually, seeing as he was in the 11th and buddies with Ikkaku before becoming Byakuya's VC.

Ikkaku and Yamichika are obviously at least average VC level, and that's Yamichika without using his true Soul Cutter. Ikkaku duelled with one VC and performed pretty well against Ichigo, and Yamichika implied that he was stronger than Ikkaku but just didn't want to take a seat away from his friend.

Plus,
    Spoiler: manga spoiler
    Yamichika and Ikkaku were strong enough to be sent to Earth along with two VCs and a Captain, and SS wouldn't just send trash to possibly deal with Arrancars.

28. kimikiba The BoneBeast

29. oakzap425 I Gotta Feeling...

Um no.

From what I gathered from the convo, it's not the Yumi can't defeat Ikakku, he just choose's not to battle him. They are friends, and he doesn't want to inform the rest of his teammates of his soul slayers abilities, for the simple fact that it's a demon based one.

But I could be mistaken, but I think that's basically Yumi -verbatum

30. Sakura Kaijuu There is only the inevitable

That's exactly what I was thinking...:laugh

Anyway...

I think Renji would probably win. I don't think Shuuhei is really at fault for losing to Yumichika, seeing as he has a pretty unbelievable shikai power that was virtually unseen, but thinking about what the manga has given us, and what everyone else has pointed out about the eleventh squad, I'm pretty sure Renji would win.

Remember that it's mentioned in the end of volume nine in Renji and Byakuya's character profiles that Renji started in the fifth squad, and was moved to the eleventh squad because of his violent nature.

The Viz translation (I'm collecting the volumes, and they were more onhand than looking it up through the chapters) says:

So that supports the theory of vice-captain level seated officers throughout the eleventh squad. Makes me wonder if Renji was the fourth seat, or maybe Ikkaku was until Renji was promoted to sixth squad VC. :laugh

Anyway, I definitely think that Renji would kick Shuuhei's ass.