1. AAB SEASON THREE

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice

ABC Series: Art Rut Edition

Discussion in 'Art Lounge' started by Kanga, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Kanga Let Sleeping Giants Lie

I've been in a huge art/creative rut lately and can't seem to shake it. Very frustrating. :tomasulk

So, I thought making a thread about drawing my favorite characters that start with each letter of the alphabet might help. Who knows really. Kinda taking a shot in the dark. But I tried something like this before but couldn't get past the letter A, lol.

Hopefully this time around I'll make it to the very end and maybe enjoy the art process a little more than I started.

So uh yeah, first off is the letter A and I have a fairly good idea on what character I want to do and that's a good sign. I'll be posting the finished work here. May or may not include a background. Really depends how into the piece I am. Wish me luck.​

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  2. White Wolf Super Moderator

Sounds really cool! Good luck with it, and looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

3. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!!!

I look forward to what you come up with too
    Sounds like a super neat idea
    Might draw from the same well later on if you don't mind :amuse

4. Kanga Let Sleeping Giants Lie

A for Angelica Pickles.

For nostalgic reasons I chose her to be letter A. Oh and also for the amount of growth she developed in part 2 of the series with her relationship with Susie. Took waaaay longer than I thought it would be. The original sketch had only teen Angelica but halfway through the process I thought it better to add her younger self. And yes I'm well aware she might be the most hated Rugrat but eh oh well I still like her.

Letter B will be up by next week, maybe. You know what, fuck that. Don't expect anything. Just know I'll post something eventually, lol. Def in two weeks tho.

5. Kanga Let Sleeping Giants Lie

B for Black Panther.

Okay, my thoughts on this piece are mixed. Things I like: the shoes and the suit. I really like how the shading turned out on both of these. Def seeing improvements in the placement of shadows and light but I'm not where I want to be.

Things I'm don't particularly like: the face. I tried my hardest to get it to look like Chadwick Boseman however I feel I fell short. I mean the face looks alright but I don't think it looks like him. So it's something I want to work on in capturing likeness. Hopefully this series will help with that.

Overall, I do like the piece because I did push myself, had fun doing it, and lastly I drew a guy...finally.

The letter C coming soon

6. Kanga Let Sleeping Giants Lie

C is for Carmen Sandiego.

Extremely happy with how this turned out!

I have to say this series is really helping me with my creative juices and in getting me to draw and color almost everyday. Looking forward to letter D once I come up with a character.

Oh and btw where in the world is Carmen Sandiego? Is she staying lost? Or has someone found her?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Kanga Let Sleeping Giants Lie

D for Diancie

Really late on this one for a number of reasons. From being indecisive with the character I wanted to do (originally wanted to do Dexter and Deedee) to being sick. But overall very happy. This was my first real attempt to painting without the use of lines. Learned quite a bit in applying shadows and lighting to specific areas to draw attention to and create contrast. Very happy. Next up is the letter E. Hopefully it will be up quicker than this one was.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Art Pimp x 1
    • List
  8. Trinity Astra inclinant Administrator

incredibly creative

9. Kanga Let Sleeping Giants Lie

I'm really enjoying this. I can't believe you drew Cynthia and Angelica's mom, all the time you spent on the details are really worth it. The memories just came flooding back.

11. Kanga Let Sleeping Giants Lie

E for Ed, Edd, & Eddy.

Another nostalgia piece. I've watched the movie twice now and it never fails to get me crying at the end. :tomacry

Happy with how it turned but not too happy with how long it took me. Idk what it was but halfway through the process I stopped feeling it. The only way I finished was to push forward. Glad I did.

The letter F is next.

12. White Wolf Super Moderator

C & D faves thus far. Especially D, very good design and colours.
    Panther isn't too bad though as you say, the face is a bit odd which takes away from it some.

Keep up the good work!

13. Kanga Let Sleeping Giants Lie

Those are my faves as well. But on dA, A and E are the most faved, lol.

Might be all ‘90s ppl. :mlpshrug

14. Kanga Let Sleeping Giants Lie

Life got in the way putting this up but I'm glad its done. Kinda took a mini break because I did feel a bit burnt out because of the number sketches I did, as well as cranking finished illustrations back to back. Love how this turned out and on to letter G.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  15. Loni Naruto

Flame Princess, wow. She looks great in your style.