1. The first My Hero Academia Banner Contest is here! We are pleased to invite you to participate.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hello Guest,

Voting for the first Konoha Country Club Poetry Competition is live!

Please check out the Entries here.

Place your votes in the 1st Choice Vote thread here and the 2nd Choice Vote thread here.

-- NarutoForums Staff

Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

6. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  7. [​IMG]

House of Uzumaki has a new banner contest! Please, check here for details and place your vote.

Dismiss Notice

About Tobi

Discussion in 'Naruto Theories' started by Gallows_Pole, May 29, 2007.

1. Gallows_Pole New Member

Ok, this might be the first time posting on this forum, but I'm not really new here. I've read alot of theories and other stuff for a long time, I've just been to lazy to post until now. So dont run away when you see that this is my first post smile-big.

Anyway, I've read many theories about Tobi, like him being Obito or not etc. and I decided that I should post my own theories (if you can call them theories?) about him.

Now, I dont belive that Tobi is Obito, however, I wouldn't surprise me if he was, nor would I mind it either, I think it would be cool if his mask broke when fighting Kakashi and he will be like "Wtf!?". Now there is certain similarities that point towards Tobi being Obito (like his hair, eye etc.) but I've found some things that i belive proves that he's not.

First (I know this comes up in like every "tobi is not obito" theory but w.ever) Obitos right side was crushed by a rock, so that would mean that his right eye is destroyed, and Kakashi got his left eye. So even if someone would save him, he wouldn't have any eyes, and I'm almost certain Tobi can see. And I think that they would check if he really was dead before they left, and if I remember correctly they bury him in Kakashi Gaiden (not 100% sure, could just be a memorial stone).

I've read that Orochimaru, Sasori or Zetsu could have saved him and healed him, rebuild etc, but if thats the case, then why? The would gain nothing from saving Obito, since he more or less sucks. And I bet there was plenty of other ninjas on the battlefield they could benefit more from and I bet that there was many Uchias that died beside Obito. So I dont se why they would save a gennin that has half his body crushed and only one eye. Besides, I doubt that Akatsuki existed back then since it was more or less 20years ago. And whoever it was that healed him must be one hell of a medic, since healing an eye can't be easy.

Now if Tobi would be Obito, he would be the same age or older than Kakashi right?(I belive Kakashi is around 30). And Deidara looks like to be around 20-30 right? Then why does AL tell Tobi to respect his elders? I doubt that Deidara is older than 30. Add the fact that Tobi is the most immature member of Akatsuki I can be bold to say that he is also the youngest, wich exclude the fact that Tobi is Obito. And also, Tobi was seen hanging around Zetsu, and Zetsu seem to know alot about Tobi, saying hes a good boy and all. Shouldn't Tobi/Obito have joined Akatsuki earlier if he was S-Class?

And now for the grand final. I've never read this before, (someone could have posted it and I missed it but w.ever), Kakashi Gaiden hasn't been shown in the anime! Wich means that those who doesn't read the manga has no idea of who Obito is and has no idea of how Kakashi got his sharingan. Im sure that if Tobi was Obito Kishi would have shown Kakashi Gaiden, It would be really confusing for those who only watches the anime if Tobi was Obito, since they have no idea of who he is.

This is the facts that I belive proves that Tobi is not Obito. This is just theories, so Im not 100% about anything and I actually hope that Im wrong :p. There might be some flaws in my theories, feel free to point them out, like Kishi could show flashbacks of Kakashi Gaiden if Tobi is Obito or maybe Deidara is really old, who knows?

Tags:
  2. Spencer_Gator Pain is a god.

Your grand finale part doesnt work. They could easily just show a flash back from Kakashi's thought.

3. Kuroro Skill Hunter

Personally, I consider Obito to be dead with his right side and all getting crushed as well as the fact that Obito's goggles (and possibly his body) were retrieved from the place where he was crushed by the rocks. IMO, Tobi is more likely to be Danzou or even Yamato, but I won't dismiss Obito til we see what is underneath Tobi's mask.

4. Godammit Well-Known Member

Why didnt Itachi respected the elders then ? eh ?
    The rest is maybe stronger than Tobi.

And he could be 3rd Mangekyou Sharingan User..
    Kakashi , Itachi , ...
    We surely know that Sasuke dont gonna gain it as he needs to kill Naruto the MAIN CHARACTER

5. Gallows_Pole New Member

I know, the "grand finale" has a big flaw, but I also belive that it would be to much to look back upon.

Well, the translatons read "elders" but i guess they mean seniors. And the reason why Itachi doesnt respect his seniors/elders is because he's an Uchia, with eyes like his he shouldnt need to respect anyone right? :p
    And about the 3rd M.Sharingan, Kakashi has proven that you dont need to kill you best friend so maybe Sasuke has gained it the same way? Then again, he doesnt have the same M.Sharingan as Itachi so shoot me if im wrong.

6. Fake.A.Seizure Your Family Cat.

Uhm, the age thing doesn't make sense, because in the manga somewhere it says something about 'ten years ago'.

And i just found it;

It says, "Around ten years ago'. Naruto would have been 3, Yondaime dead, so I'm thinking since it says 'around', meaning estimated, it could have been fourteen years ago. Naruto unborn, Kakashi a kid. That would make Obito and Kakashi have been at LEAST twenty five, oldest 29. While Deidara IS only seventeen[from what I've found anyways], they could be saying 'respect your elders' because Deidara ACTS older than Tobi, while Tobi acts like a six year old.

Tobi is actually 27, which is also what Obito would have been at this time if he were alive.

7. Godammit Well-Known Member

Maybe it was because he seen Obtio his best friend dead and has awaken the sharingan ? Maybe he felt responible for Obito deads ? and because he wasnt a Uchiha, He needed to train to obtain it.

8. Gallows_Pole New Member

I read somewhere that Obito died around 2 years before Kyuubi came and that Kakashi would be 12 at the time. That would make Kakashi 14 when Kyuubi came, 26 before time-skip and 29 after, wich is around 30 like I said.
    That would also fit in with "14 years ago" instead of 10, if you count from pre time-skip. That would make both Kakashi and Obito 29 after time-skip unless Obito is younger/older than Kakashi.

I've also heard that Deidara is older than Itachi, though not how much older. But Itachi is said to be 5 years older than Sasuke, and to have killed the clan when he's 13 right? That would make Itachi 18-19 pre time-skip and 21-22 after time-skip. Wich means (if what i've heard is right) would make Deidara 22+ and younger than Kakashi and Obito if he had lived. So while you could be correct when they say "respect your elders" because he acts like a 6 year old (wich would mean that Tobi is Obito), I think they say it because Tobi is the youngest member and therefore not Obito. But I could be wrong.

Well I do belive that's how he got the M.Sharingan. We know he didn't kill him, so the only logical (or atleast to me) is that he convinced himself that he was responsible for his death. Could also explain why he has a diffirent M.Sharingan, but I think thats because he's not an Uchiha.

9. check0r Member

First if that would be back 20 years then Kakashi would have been 6, but he became Jouni at age 13. This part fails

Second Kakashi Gaiden can come whenever Kishi thinks it's the right time.
    It would be cooler to see after Tobi show his face and he would really be Obito. The flashback would just be perfect.

10. Godammit Well-Known Member

11. Gallows_Pole New Member