1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice

3. Voting for the Contest Central Drawing Contest is live!
    Entries can be found here and the voting threads can be found here and here.
    Voting ends on Sunday, June the 30th!
    Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

Acceptance of paedophilia

Discussion in 'Perspectives' started by Shikamaru-sama, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Shikamaru-sama Been here too long

this is something ive been thinking about for a while now, please read the whole post if you want to take part in this discussion.

It seems to me, that it is highly possible that Peadophilia, in times to come, will become a socially acceptable sexual orientation.

In the past, Homosexual behaviour has been punishable by death and imprisonment and was socially distained. It just wasnt a thing to be or a thing to do. Much like Peadophilia is today, people would line the streets and act like idiotic mobs at men (and women) who ahd sex with others of the same sex.

The mob behaviour eventually subsided however and now being Gay, while still open to prejudice and bigotry, is no longer the social taboo it once was, and is certainly not a criminal offence.

could the same happen for Peadophilia?

Many of the ancient civilisations, some of the most applauded civilisations in the world with fantastic acheivments, openly indulged in Peadhophilia. The Romans, Egyptians, Byazantines and Greeks thought nothing of having sex with children, often young boys.

Obviously, there is the image and connotations attached to the word Peadophile. Someone who sits in parks or stalks the streets just waiting to pick up a small child and visciously rape them. This isnt the case, a Peadophile is someone who gaisn sexual pleasure from children.

Homosexuals did have a similar type of image. The image of no morals and that they were all diseased, but now that is no longer the case.

So what do you think? could it be something in 10,20,30, 100 years, be just a normal part of everyday life?

*note*
    im really not interested in being flamed for this, im asking a perfectly legitiamte question. Anyone who needlessly flames anyone else will be facing a ban request.

Tags:
  2. Tsukiyomi Crazy Cyborg Monkey

I doubt it, homosexuality was shunned because it was considered abnormal, but in the end it causes harm to no one.

Pedophilia on the other hand is harmful to the child psychologically and in many cases physically. Pedophiles often harm the child severely. Pedophiles often choose children because deep down they are intimiated sexually by other adults, they choose children because it makes them feel like they are in control. This is one reason why pedophiles so often resort to rape, another method to feel powerful and in control. As long as so many pedophiles literally rape kids to death, I doubt it will ever become acceptable.

Also in the end a child is still not a consenting adult, thats the big difference between homosexuality and pedophilia, homosexuals are full legal adults in the eyes of the law, children are not.

No one should really flame you for this if you're expressing a geniune concern.

3. Shikamaru-sama Been here too long

interesting point, but the idea of a conesnting adult is different for a lot of people. For instance, the legal age for Hetrosexual sex in England is 16, while the age for Homosexual sex is 18.

In gGermany the age is 18, in Japan the age is 13.

a 13 year old in Japan is capable of being a conesenting adult (i believe, correct me if im wrong), isnt that a step towards acceptance?

4. shinjuu Orly?

No, I dont think so. Homo's are fully aware of what they are doing and not as manipulatable as children. They know what they want(hump hump!) As were children don't have a clue whats happening. Also whats happening to them will have a great impact on their lives, way bigger then when 2 men "get it on".
    Also im sure any good parent will NEVER EVER accept it that his children have sex with someone way above their age. It simply won't be accepted.

5. Tsukiyomi Crazy Cyborg Monkey

You have no arguement from me on the 13 year old consent age in Japan. Now, are you talking about the world in general or any one country specifically?

Given the puritan nature of most areas of America I honestly don't see this happening. In total honestly I am not familiar enough with the effects of the 13 year old consent age in japan on peoples minds to comment on that. For all I know it could be harmless, but from what I know in this country, people who are initiated into sex at very young ages can grow up with severe mental problems.

Remember, most p*d*p**** rapists were usually molested when they were children and tend to choose victims around the same age they were when they were molested.

6. Kaori Masako 4n1m3 0bs3ss3d

Shikamaru: Go read the book, brave new world.

7. Shikamaru-sama Been here too long

which is exactly what was said years ago about homosexual behaviour.

(incidentally, at the time 'accepted' peadophilia was rife)

interestingly, gay people, in the 19th century, were said to be suffering froma disease of the mind, something which psychologists are now studying ferverently about Peadophiles.

8. Tsukiyomi Crazy Cyborg Monkey

Consider the atmosphere of the 19th century, much more biblically based than scientifically based (unfortunately we seem to be heading slightly back in that direction). The bible says homosexuality is an abomination, so of course they would say that.

We say that now (scientifically) about Pedophlies because they do serious harm to children in persuit of their desires.

9. Asmodeus Hiding in plain sight

Yeah...homosexuality may disgust some people, but there is no mental damage. A child who is sexually approached...can be scarred for life. I've met people that's happened to. Bring it up...and it really messes them up. Some are scarred for life, some have relapses. It really fucks up a child's mind.

The rest of the world I don't know, but America is too religously rooted to allow that to happen, ever. Even though they are completely unrelated, it's the same thing that happens to homosexuality. America is too religous. For homosexuality, they are old enough to make that choice. An 11 year old girl isn't. That never will, and never should be accepted.

10. Shikamaru-sama Been here too long

Peopel are bringing up the mentally scarred aspect, and rightly so.

but i cant help but wonder that, if peadophilia was indeed recognised and accepted, much of the mental scarriness (yey! new word) would be removed.

think about it, why are the kids so traumatized? because they are locked up, kidnapped, stolen, raped etc.

if it was to be accepted, then, i would think, almost all of this would be taken away. it would be like chatting up any other prospective sexual partner.

of course children would have to be educated at a much earlier age and be made aware of what they were doing, which would be a major problem i think. Children are manipulated far too easily.

11. Tsukiyomi Crazy Cyborg Monkey

I disagree, like I stated earlier one of the main motivations for a p*d*p**** or a rapist in general is power. They are sexually intimidated by other adults, so they choose someone they are not intimidated by, a child. They often resort to rape because it is another display of their power and control in their own mind.

Approaching a child like an equal you're trying to get into bed would defeat this purpose.

Heres another thing to consider, pregnancy. A girls body simply cannot handle giving birth at a very young age, girls of young age often die because their body just cannot handle the strain.

12. Shikamaru-sama Been here too long

But arnt these the people that would steal a child away wether it was acceptanc eor not?

i would hazard a guess at their being a lot of men out there who have peadophilic feeligns but suppress them because they know it is 'wrong', like gay people sued to (and some still do). These arnt rapists or kiddy snatchers, just normal guys with a different sexual orientation.

What you are using is a very extreme example, and noone could argue that these are the people who need to be locked up, but that would be covered under the current rape laws in force, maybe even new legislation would be introduced to cover the growing social accpetance.

and tell me, am i sounding REALLY bad here?:blink

13. Voynich MADDER RED

Okay..acceptance might be possible, but that still doesn't mean they can act out on it. I highly doubt that parents will willingly cooperate when it's Pedo day at the local kiddy garden. So it will be no use if they come out and admit their sexual preference. You gotta take the emotional aspect into account. Those kids have parents.

14. Tsukiyomi Crazy Cyborg Monkey

Think about it this way, if it became acceptable for adults for approach children for sex, think how much easier it would be for these people to approach and walk off with a child without anyone batting an eye. The child themself will be defenseless.

Making it acceptable would just take a lot of protective barriers down. Also you didn't address my points about physical capability. Most kids are incapable of sex without significant and often permanent physical harm, and most young girls bodies cannot support giving birth to a baby.

Like I said earlier, if you're expressing a geniune concern its fine.

15. Kineas Standing alone.

The problem with paedophilia is that often, the children involved are not consenting. That would classify it as rape, and therefore illegal immediately.

The minimum age of consent will probably be lowered in future as children get more exposed to all sorts of ideas from the media earlier, therefore to put it bluntly: Teenage sex will happen, and it'll only increase with the current trend. Making it illegal doesn't really help enough.

If we're in Japan, where the minimum age of consent is 13, and there's this 13 yr old kid who consents with having sexual relations with an adult, which is perfectly legal to boot. Yet most of the world, me included would find that terribly wrong, my reason being that a 13 year old kid is unlikely to know enough about sex to know what he/she's getting himself/herself into. (STDs, unwanted pregnancies, etc)

It's not so much about the age gap that worries me. (Anything wrong with a 20 year old having sex with a 60 year old? It's an age gap of 4 decades, yet still perfectly legal and *normal*, and it happens.)
    It's more about the level of wisdom for both parties engaging in sexual relations. That's what the minimum age of consent is important for, and why most people are against paedophilia. Mainly because the majority of us feel that kids will not know enough about what they're getting themselves into.

16. shinjuu Orly?

Indeed, and im sure that if i had a child i wouldnt god damn let some old geezer come even close to having sex with it! You don't let your child drive a car, as a parent you want to have control over your child, its you're responsability to raise it.

Wich parent would want his child exposed like that. Its unnatural, you're instinct says no, you dont want control over your child to be sure its safe.
    Children arent raised for the fun of it. They arent capable of living theirselves until they are adult(or near adult) They can't make choises themselves.

Give me a reason why parents SHOULD accept it because im not seeing any and if parents don't want their children to have sex with some old dude its not going to happen

17. Shikamaru-sama Been here too long

yeah, basically because i couldnt come up with a counter-argument :laugh

it is a really good point, and one which is difficult to address arguing from my side. Of course, you are assuming that an accepted, consented sexual act would always be unprotected and end in a baby, which is obviously wrong. (well, thats not what your assuiming, well say, implying?).

Its worth pointing out that girls DO have babies as young as 12, and im pretty sure i was told that as soon as a girl begins having periods, her body is capable of having a child, but thats another issue.

Maho-lady: this is the one point i cant really come up with anything for. Even if it weas accepted, kids would not have permission off their parents to have sex with older men.

But as odd as it amy sound, some would. and as can happen with these things, the opinion spreads and spreads (oddly enough, i can imagine this more in a place like America, depsite the religious puritansim) until eventually, it becomes one of those things.

Im not talking aboiut an overnight acceptance, not at all. it would obviously be a very gradual thing, just as it is with everything else, and it would be done in little steps.

and the more gradual, the more likely to happen.

18. Tsukiyomi Crazy Cyborg Monkey

Yes its true not all encounters would result in pregnancy, but the point is most childrens bodies cannot accomodate sexual penetration without serious, sometimes permemant physical damage. Its just not possible.

Also what you're talking about is lowering the consent age so pedophiliac sex could be accepted, so parental consent is not a factor, but my point about injury sure is.

19. Voynich MADDER RED

Don't you think that lowering the consent age will have no effect whatsoever. If parents know that, they will be even more weary and won't let their kids out of their sight ever. And that would mean that if someone lures a kid of consent age away for sex, they'd be legal. I think it would increase the abductions ( be it more in a way of luring kids away and bringing them back home after), cause they know they can't make a case of it since the kid is legal. What age would you lower it too? I think no-one can make that choice.

Come to think of it, lowering the age would mean open pedo's have no life left, cause parents would hunt them down, just in case. It just wouldn't work.

So difficult. >.<

20. Asmodeus Hiding in plain sight

No, they are also physically scarred because. A 10 year old girl having sex with a grown will physically damage and destroy her sexual organs. There is no "accepting" that. That's a fact. When a child is physically traumatized it scars them, educated or not.

21. whiteguy The Man

i think it will happen, kids r starting to mature physcally a lot younger these days, and the average age that people start having sex is already in the low teens and keeps going lower, its just a matter of time for when it will be acceptible

22. Asmodeus Hiding in plain sight

That's a fairly ignorant statement. The age where children sexually mature won't change. You have sex with a 10 year old you are still going to tear her vagina apart and destroy her sexual organs. That will never change.

23. whiteguy The Man

take sexual eduaction, the youngest girl to ever get pregnant was 5 years old and just because there are hundreds of studies and books saying that humans are starting to mature physcally faster tends to make me believe that its true, i know it seems mad crazy but its true. its called evolution :smile-big

24. Asmodeus Hiding in plain sight

riiight...one freak case. That's like saying Siamese twins will become the norm. You are quite ignorant if you believe that.

25. whiteguy The Man

the average age that kids start to go through puberty was 12, 2 decades ago, it is currently 11, it has declined, it may take awhile but it could happen

no matter wha i say ur still gonna think im ignorant, but ignorence is bliss

26. Tsukiyomi Crazy Cyborg Monkey

Thats mainly due to all the hormones we pump into our foods, it really can't have that much more of an effect, we should be starting to build up atleast some immunity to it.

27. falconmain pocket pussy

I was going to do a big long post but I decided that most of you guys have flushed out most of the major details. so I will just give my opinion and then run and hide:p. I say No since pedophilia is a preditory behavior. The age of consent in japan is 13 in some parts but mostly it is 16 and there is some legal junk that makes it illegal to induce sex out of someone under 18, whatever inducing sex means *shrug*. I guess I am saying that if they are 13-14 and are sexually developed then the age of consent might slide to that point but anything below that line is hard to justify and unless sexual deviants increases 1000 fold and thus there would be enough support to justify it. I just can't see it myself. This is the problem when you take trends and extending then out far enough you end up with rather absurd notions but usually trends end and shift before they ever reach that point. *runs and hides* :omg

28. Konata Izumi Caught in a hustle

Even if it may be accepted to have that sexual oreintation,i dont think it will ever be accepted to have sex with children for the reasons Tsukiyomi and Asmodeus are stating. If the sexual orientation in itself is accepted, thats a big step towards tolerance in society. Even if you cant have sex, wouldnt it be good to know that you arent hated by everyone in society for your sexual orientation?

But i`m not talking about the people who take away children and so, but normal people who live normal lifes and migth be paedophilia, they simply cant help it. Im convinced that such people exist, who have never broke the law or never will.

This is a touchy subject to many, and i dont intend to offend people with this post.
    I am simply stating my opinion about the topic at hand.

29. falconmain pocket pussy

well we all have urges and I would venture to say most of us have thought about killing someone at some point but they understand that it is wrong to do so and they do not act apon it. this is the basis of laws. you must be actively doing something illegal to be arrested and so far thinking something is not illegal no matter how putrid and repulsive it may be. now if you say to someone I am thinking of X then it gets a little more grey but just thinking to yourself is perfectly legal.

30. Seraphim Immortally Insane

It may be true that people are having sex at younger and younger ages but its still unacceptable. If you believe that Paedophilia will one day be acceptable then you are dead freaking wrong.

There you go. Paedophilia and underage sex are two different things and for an adult to go around reaming kids and be accepted in society is ridiculous.
    What kind of kid would wanna be poked(or poke) by an adult...
    Its just wrong.

--
    Whoops. Sorry Whiteguy. I thought yours was the first post.

There is a reason for a legal age for having sex. Kids are not muture enough to make a proper decision. No decent parent would ever let their kid be the love toy of some sick perverted freak. Paedophilia is not a disease, its more of a attraction turned into an obsession and yes its wrong.
    Children having sex at a young age can really mess them up physically and mentally. It can damage sex organs and give them a warped view on how sex works and why people do it.

Don't get me cmpletely wrong. When I was younger I always wanted to bang some hot 20 year old supermodel... but its still wrong.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2005