1. AAB SEASON THREE

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The World Cup is about to begin, which means it’s time to start proudly repping your country. We’ve created a special new feature for you guys exclusively for this big event! Click here to learn more!!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice

Adult Obito vs Minato

Discussion in 'Naruto Battledome' started by Munboy Dracule O'Brian, Jul 13, 2018 at 5:15 AM.

1. Munboy Dracule O'Brian Well-Known Member

Obito isn't tagged.

Differences:
    - Obito doesn't care about rushing the battle
    - Obito knows about FTG, including all variants like FTG level 2
    - Minato knows what he knew in the battle about Obito's jutsu

Can Minato still win when Obito isn't rushing and actually knows about the jutsu?

Tags:
  2. The_Conqueror Well-Known Member

Egypt, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Serbia, Russia, Portugal, , Germany, France, , Denmark, Croatia, Belgium, Uruguay, Peru, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Japan, Iran, Australia, Panama, Mexico, Costa Rica, Tunisia, Senegal, Nigeria, Morocco, , Poland
    Is MInato still worried about village and family or not?

3. Maverick04 Well-Known Member

Minato pulls off a level 3 and this time appears behind Obito to shove a rasengan up his ass

Spoiler:

Could go either way..Adult Obito wouldve definitely learnt his lesson and he is smart enough to come up with a plan to deal with Hiraishin..Adult Obito has also show to be able to trick opponents into thinking that he's gonna materialize example: vs Foo and Torune..So he can have Minato go for Hiraishin level 2 or something only to become intangible at the last moment then land a fatal blow from behind instead of resorting to Kamui warp which he has seen isnt that effective coz Minato can teleport mid warping.. But if Kishimoto were to write this fight again, he'd have Minato still win this fight more times than not.

4. Cosmos It's time to say goodbye. You'll always be in my heart.

- Minato's reflexes are superior to Obito's.
    - Hiraishin is instant, Kamui is not.
    - Minato is a better thinker than Obito.
    - Obito can't blindside Minato.

The outcome would be the same.

This time i see Minato defeating Obito with Spiraling Flash Super Dance.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Munboy Dracule O'Brian Well-Known Member

Tell me how it changes Minato's fighting and I'll consider whether I should amend the OP.

He was confident that a Kamui warp could get Minato, and Minato himself didn't want to get caught a second time. So it seems like it is effective on Minato.

Didn't it come down to Minato landing Hiraishin level 2 the moment Obito solidified?

6. The_Conqueror Well-Known Member

Egypt, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Serbia, Russia, Portugal, , Germany, France, , Denmark, Croatia, Belgium, Uruguay, Peru, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Japan, Iran, Australia, Panama, Mexico, Costa Rica, Tunisia, Senegal, Nigeria, Morocco, , Poland
    MInato himslef was in a bind. He had to finish the match early too to deal with kyubbi, wife in her deathbed and villages destruction all around that. Mindset changes a lot in those scenarios.

7. Shark Ikimasu yo

8. Munboy Dracule O'Brian Well-Known Member

IIRC Minato believed Kushina was safe, which is why he went to Konoha. And he said he would trust Konoha with Hiruzen, which is why he could focus on Obito.

Basically he was facing the guy that could threaten Kushina, the Bijuu was being handled by the other Hokage so he could focus on taking down the guy who would be a threat to Konoha.

Obito on the other hand, had to rush the battle so his Kurama control didn't run out while he fought Minato.

9. Bonly Tailless Tailed Beast

Egypt
    Minato won because Obito seemingly didn’t know about Hiriashin lvl2 but with knowledge of it, the chances of Minato landing a hit goes down pretty hard as Obito should be able to react to him and phase with Kamui. Obito should be able to outlast Minato or possibly get him with Izanagi meanwhile Kurama would likely get nuked and almost everyone would die so yeah

10. Sage light Well-Known Member

Speed added with Rasengan and FTG Kunai effectively overpowers him.

11. hbcaptain Well-Known Member

Full knowledge for both under neutral conditions means Obito can anticipate and counter any FTG assault. RSCK isn't really suitable against Kamui. Seing how he is surrounded by 6 Hiraishin Kunais, the caster will be alerted, thus he would just instantly turn into phasing mode in order to survive.
    Warping Minato in other hands is also nearly impossible as the latter already proved in multiple occasions that he can react to Kamui absorption on top of having full knowledge.
    Furhteremore, trying to send Minato to boxland is extremely dangerous giving the latter's superior reactions and intelligence.

Izanagi attempt is not as simple as people think as the caster won't miraculously revive himself or heal serious wounds if the Kinjutsu isn't activated first (ie: Sasuke/Danzo fight). Moreover, if Obito died so easily, someone as smart and observative as Minato would be suspiscious, thus the surprise effect which is the aim of Izanagi won't matter anymore.

Obito also got the edge in a stamina contest, but I can't actually imagine a fight without him attempting a Kamui warp which makes him in danger before Minato's greater speed and intelligence.
    Therefore, I would favor Minato more times than not, extreme diff win tought.

12. Cosmos It's time to say goodbye. You'll always be in my heart.

So, Minato's gonna have to try something else.

13. Kai R I N N I N G Retired Staff

But we always gotta remove the tag stipulation for that to be the boy's case against Minato:dead

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  14. Hussain Well-Known Member

Minato wins. FTG is still the faster jutsu. :catshrug
    sooner or later Obito WILL have to try to get Minato. Which will bring the same result. The only way for this NOT to work
    is if Obito does not try to get Minato, in which case there is no battle to talk about. :catshrug

15. Munboy Dracule O'Brian Well-Known Member

Obito was confident he'd get Minato the second time and Minato didn't want to get caught. That suggests Obito seriously going for a Kamui warp could get Minato.

If Minato knew about Obito, yes. Otherwise he wouldn't as like in canon he knows nothing about Obito, ITT I gave him knowledge on Kamui from his battle... that's it. If he killed Obito, rather than Obito jumping up he could just play dead. Or let himself take a kunai to the head if Izanagi was the route Obito wanted to take.

What matters is Obito is quite powerful and has Mokuton he can also use, with his Izanagi lasting 10 mins, its like Minato fighting Danzo with Obito's abilities which isn't ideal seeing as it gives Obito multiple shots for a Kamui warp while picking where he respawns.

16. Munboy Dracule O'Brian Well-Known Member

- Minato's reflexes are superior to Obito's.
    - Hiraishin is instant, Kamui is not.
    - Minato is a better thinker than Obito.
    - Obito can't blindside Minato.

It still came down to landing Hiraishin in the last minute right after Obito materailsied. The last 2 are subjective as what makes someone a better thinker, especially when Minato himself knew Obito's fighting would be influenced by the fact he won't want a drawn out battle. The final point depends on Minato knowing about Izanagi, if Obito uses it.

If it came down to that, wouldn't Obito being intangible for longer and finding an opportunity to warp Minato end the battle?

17. Cosmos It's time to say goodbye. You'll always be in my heart.

Obito can't warp Minato without materializing. Fact.
    Minato will always escape Kamui because Hiraishin is instant, Kamui is not. Fact.
    So, Obito can't warp faster than Minato can teleport.
    Obito already tried to blindside Minato when Minato was distracted, he failed. Fact.

Nothing Obito has show pre Rinnegan that'd lead me to believe he can defeat Minato. His S/T is still inferior in terms of speed, and still needs to materialize in order to touch Minato.

The warping speed of Kamui was shown to be slower than a TSB, Minato trolls him all day.

18. Itachiisinvincible Member

Kamui warp canonically gets faster and more efficient with more experience, and Obito was confident that even his 14 year old Kamui warp would have caught Minato had he not delayed it with dialogue. I'd say the rematch could go either way, with me leaning slightly towards Obito's favor.

19. Shark Ikimasu yo

Why did Obito say "I'll be faster next time" when he just witnessed Minato FTG away from his Kamui? If Kamui warping was really completely useless against Hiraishin then why did he think that line?

20. WorldsStrongest Dio With It

In all honesty that seems like a brain fart on Kishis behalf

We never saw even Rinnegan Obito or Rikudo Kakashi warp something away with Kamui instantaneously, even Double Kamui is shown to have a delay of some kind

I highly doubt 14 year old MS Obito is capable of an instant BFR on par with if not superior to FTG in activation speed

This "next time ill get him faster" thing straight up never happens with any version of Kamui in this manga...So i have issues taking it seriously

21. Cosmos It's time to say goodbye. You'll always be in my heart.

Kamui activating speed is totally depended on the user's reactions.

Obito said that next time he'll warp him the instant he puts his hand on him.

Hiraishin is instant, Minato's activation speed is not, which is why the JJs owned him.

It's all about reflexes, and Minato having the superior reflexes combined with Hiraishin being instant means that Obito succeeding at warping him is unlikely.

22. Kai R I N N I N G Retired Staff

He didn't warp Minato immediately the first time that's why. Kamui's speed wasn't made faster. It's similar to what Obito did with Guy's nunchucks which also wasn't done immediately.

23. Munboy Dracule O'Brian Well-Known Member

I never contested Obito needing to materialise, however.

If Obito does it slowly, but Minato himself didn't want to get caught second time. Why would he not want to get caught if Hiraishin will always bail him out?

Obito also right to directly go for Minato during their clash.

Are there any significant differences with Pre Rinnegan Obito aside from the Outer Path stakes and the Rinnegan abilities?

Minato couldn't escape the TSB when Obito tore his arm out. Now it becomes a case if whether we think Juubito's reflexes are faster than a moving TSB.

Though, Obito's feats of saving Sasuke from Jinton and warping right after trolling Ay should mean something.

To add this point, an example of Obito warping quickly is how he saved Sasuke from Oonoki and when he warped Sasuke away from the summit.

24. ARGUS The conqueror

He mid diffs him yet again

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  25. Munboy Dracule O'Brian Well-Known Member

I'm trying to figure out if you are trolling again? :hmm

• Coolest Guy! x 1
    • List
  26. dante1729 Well-Known Member

Obito wins via izanagi, extremly high diff match tough.

27. ARGUS The conqueror

Minato beats him yet again because obits gets tagged by minato alot easier than the other way around

28. LightningBlader The Yellow Flash–Flee on Sight

I’m not seeing how the conditions really change much.

Minato has the superior S/T and theoretically only needs to warp to a kunai or mark he makes to escape box land.

Even if he cannot do that, he’s still got the edge with instant teleportation opposed to kamui’s second delay and killer intelligence.

The longer the fight, the more Minato learns about Obito’s kamui.

Obito will have difficulty catching Minato off guard which is his best bet.

29. TrollbitoUchiha Master of Troll no Jutsu

Obito’s kamui is built to catch people off guard. Why does everyone assume Obito has not improved since he was fourteen?!

30. Bonly Tailless Tailed Beast

Egypt

" His teleportation ninjutsu surpasses both the Seconds and mine"

Seems like the manga and Minato disagrees and I don't think it would be portrayed as a game over if Minato could just come back considering how traveling dimensions is very chakra draining