1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

advent children

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by trinty, Nov 29, 2005.

1. trinty Nightelf

I REALLY HOPE YOU ALL LIKE THIS , IT'S A ONE SHOT. SO FAR.

Xero looked around the corner to see a strange Kai come around the corner. Xero went into the darkness and watching him. While in the process, he heard some gang member talking smack. Kadaj walked along the surface of Earth. He entered a gigantic city, by the looks of the signs it seemed to be West City. He looked up an alley and saw some human in pure black with a needle in his hand.
    Idiotic Human: You! What do you want!
    *Kadaj ignores him and keeps walking.
    Idiot: Y---YOU?RE A COP! GET HIM!
    *Kadaj turned around to find people aiming guns at him. He unsheathed his Souba and jumped up. The goons fired bullets at Kadaj but he simply dodged them. Kadaj thought fast and grabbed a trashcan and threw it at 2 of the goons leaving one left. The last one was a Ninja holding shruikens. Kadaj?s ki blasts made him drop them though.
    Ninja: H-h-how did you get so strong?!
    Kadaj: laughs. Well, it all started back in the day?I was injured and?

"I don?t even understand why you think this has anything to with that disease spreading...." A quiet voice tried to reason.
    The hallway appeared never ending as shadows danced over the walls as the two males walked.
    "Because it might have something to do with him." Another voice replied a cold, firm voice.
    "But, he can?t even speak Cloud... Never mind say his own name ? and he doesn?t know where he is half the time!"
    "Levee," Cloud turned to the blonde doctor, intensity in his now crystal-like blue eyes.
    A long time ago, Levee would?ve been afraid of a pair of glowing eyes glaring at him in the dark, but these ones seem to be worse, even without the Mako no longer glowing within them.
    "I want you to tell me everything that?s been going on since I brought him here two years ago." Cloud snapped him out of his thoughts.
    Levee sighed, "Alright, but I strongly doubt he has anything in common with S - "
    "Despite looking exactly like him...?" Cloud butted in, closing his eyes for a moment before opening them again to find Levee looking at him sincerely.
    "You brought him here before you killed Sephiroth, Cloud, him being the most-human looking..."
    The ex-SOLDIER shrugged, "Sephiroth killed off the others, but most of them died because they were "failures", but..." he trailed off, saying the second last word with spite.
    "You did what you thought was best, Cloud, for God?s sake...." Levee sighed, tired of this old argument, "You let him live, and you brought him here, and despite his mental state of mind, he?s happy here. He mightn?t be able to speak, but he?s shown me he?s happy here."
    "I?m sure..." Cloud brushed his sentence off with a hand.
    Levee?s shoulders stiffened a little, his yellowy-brown eyebrows knitted together into an agitated frown.
    "Alright then, do you want to see him for yourself?" he asked stubbornly, but regretted it immediately afterward. He stood there in silence, his mind blank, awaiting Cloud?s answer.
    Cloud folded his arms, a look of consideration crossing his face.
    Not much had changed since Cloud was here last, though his black clothes radiated something different about him, Levee mused, almost like he was regretting something...
    Even though his young face was still handsome and bright-looking, something in his eyes gave the impression that he could be a lot older, and those blue orbs were colder then stone. He also looked like he hadn?t slept much either.
    Two years... Cloud pondered, It doesn?t feel like two years... In fact, it doesn?t feel like you?re gone at all...
    Damn it, why did I save that little runt?? Better off dead and rotting like Sephiroth at the bottom of the Northern Crater...
    But no, his voice of reason had won over his hatred, and he brought the child to this institute. Damn, not even Tifa knew ? but Vincent had been there. A part of him wondered time and time again if Vincent would?ve saved the boy if he hadn?t himself. It was his, and Vincent?s secret alone.
    "Alright" Cloud said finally.
    Levee?s lips formed into a thin line, but he agreed nonetheless and led Cloud down
    the hallway.
    They walked in silence for a while, until Cloud spoke quietly.
    "Did you ask him about Sephiroth?"
    Levee nodded, curly blonde locks bouncing, "Yes, but the things he said about Sephiroth didn?t make much sense to me. Since he can?t talk, he drew pictures of what he could remember. I?ve tried teaching him how to write, but he gets confused easily, and tends to forget things."
    "Yet he?s able to show you what he can remember?" Cloud asked.
    "His memory comes and goes" Levee continued, "That?s why he zones out sometimes. He?s able to write to some extent, a few words, his name, how old he is, but he?d be able to do that one day, and it?ll all be forgotten the next -"
    He scratched his chin thoughtfully, rambling now "Though what?s odd is that it comes back again, and he?s able to write things I haven?t taught him..."
    "What kind of pictures does he draw?" Cloud asked, though he wondered if he was just wasting his breath.
    "He can draw quite well, strangely enough, but what confuses me is that he draws rooms ? rooms with beds or desks and some have books, stacks of books, everywhere"
    Cloud but his lower lip as Levee continued.
    "I?m guessing one or two of those he drew are laboratories, during the time Hojo experimented on him.."
    "Maybe." Cloud murmured, but knew better.
    "But he?s drawn pictures of people as well, mostly Sephiroth, but it seems he doesn?t actually like Sephiroth at all."
    Cloud stared at him, both blonde eyebrows raised. He was surprised, but again said nothing. Levee stopped at one door.
    "This is his room" he pointed, but there was no name, just a number on a bronze plate nailed to the whitewashed door. Cloud felt slightly unnerved.
    Levee pulled out a set of keys and unlocked the door, but poked his head in, knocking gently. He spoke in a soft voice that Cloud couldn?t hear, but there was silence on the other end. Levee opened the door a little wider, looking back at Cloud.
    "You can come in"
    Feeling his heart thump chokingly in his throat, Cloud followed him inside.
    The room was bright blue, a painting hanging above the oak desk where the child sat. He smiled up at Levee good-naturedly, completely oblivious to Cloud standing next to him.
    He?s grown a lot, Cloud though worryingly, Though he?s thin, it doesn?t mean he?s not dangerous...
    The teen?s hair was cut short from the last time Cloud saw him. The tips just touched his shoulders, his hair parted on the side, letting one long strand slide down the left of his cheek.
    His eyes were the exact same as Sephiroth?s, his face the same structure, if younger.
    It was like looking at Sephiroth himself. Only this "Sephiroth" was smiling happily, cheerfully. Something that greatly distinguished him from the Sephiroth.
    "Seth, this is Cloud Strife. He?s a friend of mine. He wants to ask you about Sephiroth." Levee explained.
    The smile melted a little, with a slight turn of the head and those cat-like eyes were looking up at Cloud with uncertainty, almost with fear.
    Maybe he is harmless to some extent... Cloud forced himself to relax, though a frown still remained between his eyes at the name. He turned to Levee.

Tags:
  2. trinty Nightelf

heres the second part.it's really big.

"Can you leave us be?" he asked gently. For a moment, uncertainty crossed Levee?s face, then he looked at Seth.
    "Do you mind if I leave the room, Seth?"
    Seth?s eyes dropped to the floor for a few seconds, then rose them to meet Levee?s once more and he nodded.
    The blonde doctor left the two, leaving the door closed, but unlocked.
    A few minutes passed between them before Cloud broke the silence.
    So, do you remember me?" he asked, leaning against the wall, his eyes gazing around the room.
    There was a single bed at the far wall, shelves above it lined with books and notepads. It was a small room, but spacey and bright.
    Seth didn?t move, looking at the floor, his hands on his knees.
    Cocking his head to the side, Cloud looked to se if there was any number tattooed on his hand. There wasn?t.
    Another "Failure" maybe? Cloud wondered.
    "Was you?re name always Seth? Or did Levee give you that name?"
    Seth looked up at his helplessly, his lips parting slightly, but no sound came out.
    "I know - you can?t talk. Is... there any way you can show me? Anything at all? Levee mentioned pictures?"
    Seth looked completely lost...
    This is a waste of time...Cloud thought sourly, but was ripped from his thoughts when Seth stood up. He was nearly as tall as Cloud ?
    He walked up to the ex-SOLDIER, who tensed immediately, his eyes boring into Seth?s.
    The teen lifted a sleeved arm, his hand touching Cloud?s face with his fingertips. Then he nodded.
    Cloud blinked, frowning, which made Seth take hid hand back quickly.
    "You remember me?" Cloud asked again, and Seth nodded once more, smiling happily that he answered one of Cloud?s questions. Cloud relaxed again, folding his arms and taking a softer tone.
    "You remember I brought you here?"
    A nod.
    "Do you know why you were brought here?"
    Seth hesitated, then shook his head.
    "Ok.." Cloud breathed, once again leaning against the wall. Seth sat back down, pointing at the bed and looking at Cloud questioningly.
    "No, I?ll stand Seth..." he said gently, "Can you tell me anything.. about Sephiroth? Do you know who he is?"
    Seth nodded and pulled out a notepad from a drawer under the table of the desk. He flipped a few pages until he stopped at one and turned it around, pointing at the faint sketch.
    Cloud leaned in close, amazed at the near-likeness of the drawing of his nemesis. It was just a head and shoulder sketch, but his _expression was that of sadness.
    "Yeah ? Sephiroth..." Cloud nodded, "Seth, I want you to try and remember anything you can, and be honest about it."
    Cloud sat on the soles of his feet, the blonde ex-SOLDIER eye to eye with the younger man. Seth looked nervous ? his hands gripping the sides of the chair, but nodded nonetheless - looking straight at Cloud.
    "Do you hear voice in you?re head? Any kind of voice that just appears and tells you to do something bad? Like.. Killing someone?"
    Seth looked at Cloud, startled, then shook his head frantically, his eyes squeezed shut.
    "Ok, ok." Cloud waved his hands a little, and Seth calmed down a little, but now his face was etched with misery.
    "Do you have any dreams of Sephiroth?"
    A nod.
    A little more determined, Cloud continued, "Did you have a dream of Sephiroth burning a town to the ground? Or killing someone?"
    Seth nodded, his chin resting on his chest, looking a little haunted.
    "Did you have any recent dreams of Sephiroth? Like.... What he might be doing right now?"
    This time Seth frowned, then picked up a lined notebook. From the ink smudges, it was already written on, and Seth started to write something slowly. After a few impatient seconds, Seth handed the notebook to Cloud.
    In sloppy handwriting, it said:
    "Sephiroth is dead"
    Though the sentence was reassuring, Cloud felt a little at a loss. Maybe Levee was right? Then a thought struck him, and he hoped Seth wouldn?t go ballistic on him.
    "Do you know Jenova?"
    Seth froze, and Cloud regretted his idea the instant he said it. He bolted out of the chair, hiding in the corner of the room, his back to Cloud. The ex-SOLDIER stood up, walking cautiously toward the shaking teen.
    "She?s not here ? but, does she speak to you at all, in you?re dreams?"
    Seth sniffed, and Cloud realized he had started to cry. He scratched the back of his head awkwardly. Slowly, he lifted a hand to rest on Seth?s shoulder.
    "Please, it... would mean a lot if you could tell me." Cloud said softly.
    Seth turned around slowly, and he nodded.
    "What did you do to upset him?" Levee asked, accusation in his voice.
    "I mentioned Jenova and he started crying. I didn?t hurt him if that?s what you mean."
    Cloud muttered, though he felt satisfied enough with the results he got from the teen.
    It didn?t matter that Seth was all upset or whatever, if what he said was true, then Cloud was on the right track at least.
    "Thanks Levee, I have to go now." Cloud said quickly and started down the hallway, leaving a frustrated Levee.
    He walked back into the room and found Seth sitting on the bed, his eyes closed but tears still streamed down his cheeks.
    "Seth, did he hurt you?" Levee knelt in front of him, taking his hands.
    The teen shook his head, but did nothing more.
    That night, the black trees danced in the wind, sending equally as black leaves flying everywhere onto the pale grass. They made a crunching sound as feet crushed them from above, and then the sound was halted, and all that was left was the wind, howling like a wolf.
    Shadows had enveloped the Institute , giving it the image of a big, black monster.
    Inside the building, children and adults alike slept peacefully, all but for the guards, and the doctor called Levee.
    The lamp illuminated his desk, messy with papers. Well, he never was very neat, but none of that mattered as he sat there, elbows resting on the desk, his chin cradled in his hands. Before him was a newspaper, the Shin-Ra logo atop of it, "The Shin-Ra Times", and an article regarding the announced death of General Sephiroth. There was a colour photograph, though it had faded with time, of the General. He had a cold fa?ade, though expressionless and unreadable. Levee, like millions of others knew of the General, had been a part of the gossip regarding his amazing fighting skills and mastered technique with the Masamune blade, one of rarest swords on the planet, if not the most difficult to wield.
    Why?
    Why should a man of such skill, sworn to protect to innocent, just... crack?
    Despite this look-a-like that Cloud had brought to him, a filthy and an absolute hysteric, that Levee had christened "Seth", Cloud had told Levee nothing, except the one thing that the rest of the planet knew. That Sephiroth had come back, but was killed by Cloud, and Meteor was gone. But there was more, Levee knew from reading hundreds of people in his career, and Cloud was hiding it. All he found out, however, was about someone called Jenova ? and once again Cloud had mentioned her to him today. Seth had reacted badly just at the mention of her name. Levee frowned, thinking a little deeper.
    Half of the institute?s patients and staff had died from this disease that appeared out of nowhere, and was becoming an increasing worry worldwide. But Sephiroth? What had he to do with it if he was dead? And who was Jenova?
    A shadow of a person passed his door window, but he paid it no heed. It was just a guard.
    The mentioned guard, on his nightly routine was strutting down the hallway, a cup of coffee in one hand, and a newspaper in the other. His steps were slow, relaxed, and he turned a corner, only for his slightly bulging stomach to be met with a long blade. He dropped both the cup and newspaper, the coffee spilling everywhere. Faceless, he slumped to the ground dead, and a pair of hands grabbed his shirt and dragged him away. However, despite this being a scene of a murdered man, no blood spilled to mix with the spilt coffee....
    Once the body was disposed of in a closet, a pair of footsteps began their trek down the hallway, the guard?s stolen keys in hand, and a spotlessly clean sword in the other.
    Sighing, Levee stood up and left his office to make himself another cup of coffee. It seemed to be the only thing he lived off of nowadays. Used to the blue-ish grey lighting of the building?s hallways, he made his way down to the staff kitchen, only to stop as a shadow passed down the hallway. He froze, staring at it. Something inside him clicked and demanded he look, and curiosity turned its innocent head. Levee followed the shadow, only to stop as his foot stepped into something wet. He looked down and saw the puddle of coffee, and his annoyance left as soon as it came when he saw the paper. Then he realized the shadow was heading in the direction of the children?s hall. Where Seth was.
    It has always been human nature to follow something that has peaked our curiosity, even with a warning of danger we would still follow it, just to see what it was, and that is what Levee did, except he also felt like the shadow was after Seth, and Seth alone, though he didn?t know why.
    The shadow, like it had a life of its own, flowed down the hallway, and Levee followed it with fear gripping his chest tightly. When it came to a stop, Levee peered round the corner it had turned, and stifled a horrified gasp.
    A tall, leather-clad man with long-silver hair nearly reaching his waist slid the key into the door of Seth?s room.
    Inside the room, the teen twitched in his sleep, once again plagued by nightmares of things he just couldn?t remember. Faces, names, all contorted into facades of pain, screaming at him. However, amongst them, one face remained indifferent, a face with blue eyes and blonde locks.
    Cloud...?
    However, that face became a fuzzy image, replaced by one very alike his own. Seth blinked, and opened his mouth in a silent scream at the person staring down at him.

3. trinty Nightelf

and three sorry it's very long, my account in fanfiction,net won't be up for 3 day, sorry again.

The stranger grabbed Seth by the arm and ripped the bed sheets off him, dragging the petrified teen out of the room.
    Then an alarm blared in their ears, and there standing a few meters away from the duo, was Levee, broken glass at his feet and next to him, a bulb flashed red.
    In that instant, Seth was thrown against the wall, and the stranger pulled out an unusual-looking gun and fired. Blood spurted from Levee?s neck and he fell to the floor, trying in vain to scream, but choked as blood filled his mouth and he was still.
    Seth stared and stared, but his mind couldn?t register the picture. His friend was dead- but before he could do anything, the stranger hauled the shaking Seth to his feet, but was met with violent resistance. It didn?t make much difference though, whether Seth was conscious or not, as the stranger effortlessly pulled him down the hallway and towards an office where once again the stranger shot at the occupant inside, broke the large window behind the now-dead ? occupant?s desk, and flung Seth out of it.
    The wind screamed in his ears and rain stung his eyes as he plummeted from the sky, only for a pair of arms to break his fall. In a daze he could hear wet leather flapping through the air and a muffled thud. He looked up at the person who had caught him, and realized in horror that his second captor looked like the other one too, only with much shorter hair, sticking to his face as the rain lashed at them.
    But he didn?t look back down at Seth, but towards his companion. He stood up straight and bolted into the forest, himself following suit, clutching Seth tightly in his arms. Seth squeezed his eyes shut, praying that this was all just another nightmare, and praying that Levee wasn?t dead.
    Seth struggled in their grips, wishing he could scream. The two silver-haired men
    dragged him into a large, abandoned building, but not before Seth had a quick look at
    his new surroundings. It was a city or, what was left of a city anyway ? broken
    buildings stuck up like tree branches, bricks and mortar and steel strewn everywhere.
    Lamps bowed in misery, broken and forgotten, lined up on the sides of a highway
    that was as empty as the city itself.
    His gaze was torn away once he was inside, but, he noted that despite their force, they
    tried not to hurt him.
    Eventually, he stopped struggling and allowed them to lead him down the hallway.
    The two silver-haired men came to a stop at a door, the man with the long hair pulled
    out a key and unlocked it. The one with short hair led Seth inside, and there in the far
    wall of the room was a wheelchair, a person covered from head to toe in a white sheet
    sitting in it.
    Then the two men left Seth and this strange person alone. Seth looked around,
    then back at the person again. The person looked up, but all Seth could see was the
    bottom half of his face.
    "Come here"
    It was a male?s voice, clear, yet weary. Like he was tired. Seth struggled to remember
    the voice and took hesitant steps.
    The man lifted his hand and Seth saw a number "1" tattooed on the back, but Seth
    took it, looking at him curiously.
    The second their skins brushed, Seth drew his hand back like it had been burnt.
    "You remember who I am? Or rather ? who you are?"
    In that instant, Nightmarish images, much clearer then the ones Seth dreamt about
    flashed in his mind, causing him to fall to his knees ? clutching his head.
    Something surged within him, something desperate to be released ? and it erupted
    from his mouth in the form of a frightened, audible scream.
    The cloaked figure gave a little smile as Seth screamed and screamed and screamed
    until the young teen was lying on the floor on his stomach, panting slowly, yet it
    could be heard.
    In that instant, the other two-silver haired people who had brought Seth here came in,
    the long haired one lifting Seth off the floor to his feet with ease.
    "Let him rest for now ? but much must be done once he has regained his strength."
    The short-haired man gave a small bow in acknowledgement and helped his
    companion take Seth?s other arm, leading the shaking and sobbing Seth back down
    the hallway until they brought him inside another room with nothing more then a
    single bed. The long-haired man led Seth over to the bed and sat him down

4. Jef88 88

i like the way you wrote it :amuse
    very good :) i lurve FF7 :love
    *reps*

5. SkriK Whuzat?

100% agreed.

6. trinty Nightelf

thank you both, i just wanted to find out how much i would be to put it on naruto forms. thanks you.

7. Son_Pan Now Here Is Nowhere

i read like 1/4 of it, but i stoped because i dont get it..... who are the other people???? levee? seth? huh??

8. sasuke_limays I want to be HOKAGE!!!!!

here i come.........
    jeng(2x)

9. trinty Nightelf

the charter leeves is made up. seth is a nickname for the charter that cant speek. but you find out what his name is later. lol

10. Leon Jax C'mon!

I though it was ok. Something to work on though: REDO YOU FIRST POST. I liked it, but you did this:
    Idiot:
    When people write novels, they don't do that. Other than that minor detail, I liked it.

11. trinty Nightelf

o k. im confused. did i do something wrong?

12. Leon Jax C'mon!

That's whats wrong.

13. trinty Nightelf

it's in the past. that's why i do it in bold letteres.

14. Leon Jax C'mon!

Oh...my god. I put it in bold letters! I put it in underlined! I'm just trying to get a point across! Don't do that again! Even if it is in the past, still use proper novel techniques.

15. trinty Nightelf

ok.ok. sorry. but you don't hafta get all pissey about it. it's like the world going to end becouse of it. shesh.

16. Leon Jax C'mon!

If I was getting pissy, I'd tell you. I'm just pointing out something you messed up on.

17. trinty Nightelf

yes. yes. but you seem so pissed in the way you said it. sorry for that.

18. Leon Jax C'mon!

That's ok. I understand. A lot of people say I get pissed. It's just the way I speak/Internet talk.

19. trinty Nightelf

well, sorry eneways! ^.^