1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

Ahah! Finally Naruto Stops Relying on Kyubbi!

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Krzr, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Krzr I'm a guy

Ok, since Haku, Naruto has mostly been using the Kyubbi's power to get out of every situation that comes to him. I'm so glad Yamato can hold down the Kyubbi, so finally Naruto can make himself an actual ninja and not a kid with the most powerful thing on the earth inside him. This is Naruto's chance to become a true shinobi that can be revered.

You glad as i am? Whatcha think.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2006
    Tags:
  2. Rudox What a Joke

It's cool and all to see him become less noob, but the Kyuubi factor is what makes Naruto interesting to me. Balancing that with his own power is pretty exciting.

3. Devilguy Darkness over 9,000!!!

Kyuubi is what makes Naruto special, he would be even more boring than he is without it. What has changed is that now Naruto relies on another babysitter, Yamato.

4. Kyuubi Naruto Hounds of Justice

- He didn't use Kyuubi against the Oboro nins in the Forest of Death
    - He didn't use Kyuubi against Kiba
    - He didn't use Kyuubi until the later part of the Neji fight
    - He didn't use Kyuubi until he summoned Gamabunta against Shukaku
    - He didn't use Kyuubi against Kabuto
    - He didn't use Kyuubi against Sasuke until he was stabbed in the lung and he was literally dying
    - He didn't use Kyuubi against the 2nd bell test
    - He didn't use Kyuubi when he intercepted Chiyo
    - He didn't use Kyuubi when he was sparring with Yamato

- He used Kyuubi against Orochimaru
    - He used Kyuubi during the later part of the Neji fight when he couldnt fight with his own chakra
    - He used Kyuubi to summon Gamabunta against Shukaku
    - He used Kyuubi against Kimimaro
    - He used Kyuubi against Sasuke after he was stabbed in the lung onwards until the end of the fight
    - He used Kyuubi when he was about to fight Deidara and Sasori in the cave
    - He used Kyuubi against Deidara
    - He used Kyuubi against Orochimaru

Mostly the times Naruto did use Kyuubi was against ninjas much stronger than

See the trend? See who Naruto was up against when he used Kyuubi. Now see when Naruto didn't use Kyuubi. That's clearly not "using Kyuubi in every situation that comes to him".

Anyway Naruto isn't weak without Kyuubi, he's just not extremely strong without it up to these characters levels. He always fights extremely strong opponents and then that's when Kyuubi's used. So far the only true former Konoha 12 ninjas that is stronger than base Naruto is probably only Sasuke. He's not weak without Kyuubi, again he's just not up to the level of these characters or should I say these characters put Naruto into a specific situation where he had to use Kyuubi.

Naruto is a ninja, he isn't as weak as you may think.

5. PDQ Meta-Debater

Good points in the first part of the post, except here you forgot Neji. Unless you mean the former rookies at base level, him and Sasuke are probably tops with Shikamaru holding his own if you mean more than raw power.

6. Kingrazor 剃刀

7. Kyuubi Naruto Hounds of Justice

I'm talking about all of the Konoha 12. Which would. be Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, Hinata, Kiba, Shino, Tenten, Lee, Neji, Ino, Shikamaru and Chouji. Also yes I'm talking about base level. In all of their base levels Naruto is probably second to only that of Sasuke and yes I was adding Neji. He's probably a little weaker than Naruto right now even though he's also at low-mid Jounin level.

Either way, Naruto isn't weak without Kyuubi. I don't know why people keep claiming it so. What do you all classify as weak anyway?

8. PDQ Meta-Debater

At his base level he'd essentially be like he was in the chuunin exams, without Kyubi to grant him chakra, his points being pressed would be the end. He'd be at a further disadvantage due to Neji now having long ranged attacks to keep him at bay.

9. Kyuubi Naruto Hounds of Justice

There's a few problems with that. The main problem is at base level he isn't like he was during the Chuunin exams. He's improved a great deal since then but mostly after the timeskip.

- Rasengan:
    This would kill Neji if it hits him. Even Kabuto only survived because his extremely great medical skills which even after it hit rendered him defenseless and damaged him a great hit.

- Kage Bunshin usage:
    Naruto's usage over this is an extremely huge increase compared to pre-timeskip, look at the bell test, the Kabuto confrontation and the Chiyo confrontation.

- Jiraiya:
    Even if people might say he didn't train Naruto well, he trained Naruto and he is a Sannin. Naruto did improve in his best areas. That's very impressive.

- Naruto's previous level:
    If he was Chuunin level in the exams combined with his improvement in the Tsunade arc, combined with his strength at the end of part 1 given by the databooks and then his improvements that we have seen of Naruto he is around low-mid Jounin level at the moment.

Naruto just isn't the same Naruto he was in the Chuunin exams and he improved a great amount. Not that I'm saying Neji didn't but Naruto's much more dangerous than he was before and with his Kage Bunshin usage I don't think Neji could beat him in a fight. One Rasengan and Kage Bunshin combo with his enhanced usage could prove to be deadly for Neji. Especially after Naruto ended up being a 3rd tomoe Sharingan Kakashi in the bell test. In order for Neji to hit Naruto with his Jyuuken he would have to do just that, hit Naruto but with his Kage Bunshin skills post-timeskip that's definately not going to be easy.

I was counting Neji. It just wouldn't make any sense at all if he was stronger than Naruto right now if Naruto's training to beat and become stronger than Sasuke, it's because Sasuke's level was so vast compared to Naruto that he's doing this. Neji really has no relation to that.

10. Raptor Vagabond

I still haven't seen any extraordinary of Neji as far as part 2 goes anyway.

That aside, Naruto has always been powerful. Very powerful, his blue (the normal one) chakra level is very large, But like anything the more there is the harder it is to control it in an effective way. It's harder for him to learn and to understand what he has to do, but his body possess an unlimited potential.

Adding to that the infinite chakra capacity of the Kyuubi, a good master, and patience, I see him surpassing not only Sasuke but anyone who gets in his way, Akatsuki included.

I never understood why people thikn that Naruto is only the Kyuubi. The bloodliners relay almost completely on that too, what's the difference between one and the other? You have an advantage in one area, it would be stupid to not use it.

11. Sasuke` Konoha no Kiiroi Senkō

He doesnt rely on it as much.. But i can still see him using in the future. I dont mean he needs it.. but I think its inevitable that he will use it again.

12. Tyrannos Living a Life

Inspite of Naruto swearing off the Kyuubi, I think that was more of him calling for the Kyuubi's aid when he is in need. In training, Naruto's use of the Kyuubi is connected to his emotions, mainly anger and sadness. And with the seal being weakened, it is harder for him to voluntarily control.

Remember during the Forest of Death, Orochimaru put a 5-pronged Seal on Naruto that prevented him from using the Kyuubi's Chakra and it was not released until after the Prelims. That is why he wasn't able to transform and use it against the Oboro nins, or in his fight against Kiba.

Naruto did use the Kyuubi's chakra in his fight against Neji, but it was controlled enough that he didn't transform. That is why everyone was surprised, especially the Sandaime Hokage.

But really, Naruto doesn't need to rely on the Kyuubi. It is said he is naturally strong. But when you need that extra boost to get things done, why not. :p

13. Kyuubi Naruto Hounds of Justice

Naruto wasn't trying to transform into Kyuubi then.

Naruto was never able to transform into Kyuubi Naruto at will until after Jiraiya's training and the first time he truly transformed into Kyuubi Naruto at will was before the Kimimaro fight. Before then and during the Forest of Death, and the Kiba fight he wasn't able to regardless of the seal on him because in order for that to happen he would have had to become emotional enough to cause the transformation.

He wasn't emotional enough in any of those fights to even consider going Kyuubi Naruto.

Either way Naruto wasn't trying to use Kyuubi then and he was confirmed to be stronger than Kiba after the Kiba fight anyway.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2006
  14. Futagokage Runaway Kage

I always see people arguing about Naruto Kyuubi Chakra, but Gaara has a major dependance on the Shukaku and nobody complains.

Is Naruto strong because the Kyuubi Chakra? Yes he is but.

Neji is strong because the Byakuugan, Kakashi is strong because the Sharingan, Gaara is strong because Shukaku, Kankuro is strong because his puppets, See my point...

The Kyuubi is not an extra, it has been with Naruto since birth and if they take it away, he will die, at least is what we have seen in the manga.

Maybe the Kyuubi only give Naruto the chakra, maybe his endless Stamina is pure Naruto, but since they are not going to separeta (at least soon) we cannot know.

Well, just congratulations to Kyuubi Naruto, his points make a lot of sense but quoting them is just going to spam this thread (they are not that far above)

15. Grrblt Banned

It's true that Naruto needed to enhance his normal ninja abilities, but he will always be a kid with the most powerful thing on earth inside of him. He won't stop using Kyuubi altogether, because that would be like Sasuke sacrificing his Sharingan. It's his primary power and quite frankly, he would suck without it, both ninja-wise and plot-wise. What Naruto is learning now is a way to use Kyuubi chakra more efficiently so he can do other stuff than just going Hulk.

16. narutofangd Banned

Didn't somebody say that without the fox he would have better chakra control than he does now also kakashi claimed that his chakra capacity could be 100x his own if he developed it the boy isn't a slouch without the fox. he relied on the fox so much to increase his strength and speed in part 1 because kakashi never took the time to to train him like he trained sasuke before the finals.

17. Spanish Hoffkage Lol. Kisame

I agree with KN in all except than Neji is not stronger than base Naruto. :)

18. Grrblt Banned

You read a mistranslation. Kakashi said that his chakra capacity would be 100x his own with the Kyuubi.

19. B.o.t.i Active Member

Nani!!!!!! The guy can see up to 500+ or so metres away.

I don't see how anyone can ambush him or his team also he removes long range fighting & close range fighting.

Having that vision range is sweet he can tell you how far akat are & how long it would take for them to get to naruto for example.And could counter them by setting up an ambush or an escape route.

And we got that little hakussho push thing?? Was it wind???
    Im looking forward to his new mental abilitys you know the one he use's on hinata where he knows what your thinking via body language since his eyes are sharper he might know far more & that ability should be advance.

Also I assume & expect the hyuugas to have the en(hxh) ability since it just suits them & also their jyuuken can it tear muscles & stuff like whats his face from fist of the north star???

Im looking forward to neji & his new mind state>>he one of my favorites I like watching his fights.

Hmm on naruto relying on kyuubi hmm its questionable he was using it >>but then the seal weakend which meant kyuubi can easily corrupt naruto as in when naruto got angry kyuubi just took advantage.As we saw and now there's an imbalance in power naruto has to make it neutral again thats why guess teh training is also raising his chakra capacity.

20. Yuna The Legendary Anti-Sakuratard

While I'm all for developing Naruto's skills as a Shinobi without the use of the Kyuubi, it's unfair to say "Naruto should just stop using the Kyuubi because it's such a shortcut!"

Ho-ho, ha-ha, as opposed to Curse Levels 1-2, Sharingan, Byakugan, all the other bloodline limits, etc.?

21. tilmaz -_-

naruto needs kyuubi if he is going to defeat akatsuki. naruto can defeat sasuke without kyuubi if he trains hard. But he can't defeat any akatsuki members without kyuubi power. for instance, gai and his team hardly defeat %30 kisame. Do you really believe naruto can kill kisame without kyuubi?

22. Shishi-O Oda Is God

neiji was at that level during the first chuunin exams( low jounin i mean, i don't think the guy knows what chuunin level is seeing as how he skipped itsmile-big )

right now i see him as hizashi's level, if not past it. he easily dealt with the water prison that defeated kakashi at the begining of the series. and then there was that spirit blast thing he did to kisame, a move obviously the super s-rank ninja has never seen, i mean kisame was shocked. he then took out the 3 water clones also.

during this training, is when naruto's level will surpass everyone :)

one humble man's opinion :)

23. Fuyuu Hidarite Hidarite clan's successor

Well, Naruto has been the star in the most intense strategy-based battles. Against Zabuza (that moment, it was when I knew this anime was MINE), against those two "samurais" of Gatoh, against that Oboro Bunshin user in the Death Forest, against Kiba, against Neji, against Gaara (he used Kyuubi?s chakra, but he didn?t change into that fang Naruto), against Kabuto... amazing boy, I would say. We haven?t seen him fighting as he knows in this second part. I want to see what he does against a tough foe...

24. Wrath Mourning

You forgot Zabuza and the samurai for not using Kyuubi and also that he tried to use Kyuubi against Itachi and Kisame, but Kisame happened to have the perfect counter.

Something interesting to point out is that regular Naruto beat Shukaku Gaara 1, to coin a term. Gaara used his equivalent of the Kyuubi tails, and regular Naruto beat him. He only used Kyuubi when he was facing Gaara in full Shukaku form, which would be like Naruto in KN3/4.

25. superflyninjaguy pimpjuice pwnage no jutsu!

wat im tired of is ppl saying the kyubi actually help maruto and makes him strong. nething under kn4 only hinders naruto as naruto would be extremely powerful w/out kyubi in him. and u cant even count kn4 as actually being naruto its all the kyubi. without kyubi naruto has at least 10x amount of chakra and a hella lot more chakra control. so i'd say kyubi doesnt do shit for naruto now only makes him weaker. yes in the past he was forced to use i a bit cuz he was always being pitted against much much stronger foes, but now the only foes that are that much stronger are kage lever roughly and he's nearly strong enuff to defeat them... and i just forgot the point i was tryin to make :p

26. Kyuubi Naruto Hounds of Justice

Neji wasn't low Jounin level in the Chuunin exams, far from it. He was Chuunin level like Naruto. Neji, Naruto, Sasuke and Gaara were all Chuunin level in strength.

Neji being low Jounin level in power would only mean he wouldn't have struggled against a Kyuubi empowered Naruto because that Naruto would still be weaker than Kyuubi Naruto and Kyuubi Naruto was beaten by Kimimaro easily who was around low-mid Jounin level and Sasuke with his 3rd tomoe who was somewhere around Chuunin level himself.

So no Neji wasn't low Jounin level then, only Chuunin level.

27. Shishi-O Oda Is God

..., you can't compare those guys, to each other.

lee( uninjured) and neiji would've had a better time against kimmimaro, sasuke also.

neiji was low jounin( and i take into the realm of possibility what you said of high chuunin( be realistic, anyone who fought against neiji would've had their tenketsu sealed).

sasuke became an elite level jounin the second that 3rd tomoe appeared.

and kimmi is not as fast as a fully functioning lee( as stated by gaara):)

28. Superb Herb Follower Of Jesus Christ

Actually ya that is the way the story is going, that he will be able to defeat atasuki and such without Kyuubi.:p :amazed

29. R3dKeyz New Member

I dont think Naruto should be considered weak for using kyuubz.There are just those few select situations where naurto KNOWINGLY used the kyuubi chakra(e.g. vs.neji,vs.gaara,vs. sasuke (tho it wont make much sence basing your argument off that because sasuke used CS2)) . In the other situations Naruto simply lost controll due to his emotions. It simply amazes me that the REAL bijuu spammer(Gaara) gets no "You suck w/o your bijuu!" threads :p , or no one saying kakashi sux w/o his sharingan....or neji withs his byakugan....my point is each person was given a weapon...its not naruto's fault he got the dopest one :laugh

30. Shishi-O Oda Is God

and to add to what you are saying, kisame is possesed of more chakra than naruto, fact