1. chrolloseum
    Take your chances in The Chrolloseum!
    Opened September 29th through October 15th
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Ai Yori Aoshi (and Enishi)

Discussion in 'Off the Air' started by MechaTC, Jan 20, 2005.

1. MechaTC

Anyone else a huge fan of the Ai Yori Aoshi anime? It's one of my favorite Romantic Comedies of all time. In my opinion, they developed the characters exceptionally well. You actually care about their fates after just a couple episodes.

They captured the "mood" in many of the romance scenes between Kaoru and Aoi. I was surprised at how well it turned out. I cried at the ending of season one. So touching. Also in Enishi, the whole Tina affair was great. I got pretty choked up during it.

The comedy was served up just right. Made me laugh at every joke.

The only thing that I thought was kinda lame was the fact that Aoi was so ready to give up her own life to serve Kaoru....she really believed that the man comes before the woman in every instance. It kind of made me mad.

Anyway, this love story is one not to be missed. If you are even remotely a fan of the manga, then definitely pick up the anime series. It's better. Oh yeah, the opening theme song in the first season is great.

Tags:
  2. kevin77

Yup, loved that anime. Actually, i'm a little biased towards the romance genre, so I can't really say anything bad about it.

But yeah, i agree with u, the girl was way too submissive and old school. The story was pretty good altho it exploits the overused "childhood sweethearts becoming lovers in adulthood" thing.

Also, i was really disappointed by Enishi. Looks like their relationship really hasn't evolved at all in this sequel.

3. Naruto82

yeah I loved Ai Yori Aoshi one of my fav's along with Onagai teacher/Twins and love hina

the only problem I have with it is that its way to short

BTW go Tina :D

Last edited: Jan 21, 2005
  4. MechaTC

Naruto82, that's a great signature. I have the wallpaper version of that picture of Mizuho as my desktop wallpaper.

5. Naruto82

hehe I had to have a friend make it since this comp cant Handle PS and my old one broke :sad and he is alot better then I ever was

these are some of the other Mizuho sigs have made

I couldnt get the text right

I liked this one

an aoi sig (I hated the BG)

Random Aoi Pics

well anyways back on topic Onagai teacher has to be my fav but Ai yori aoshi is close lol there were a few parts in it that had me rolling

Last edited: Jan 21, 2005
  6. crabman

Blah dude, Aoi is waaaaaaaaay to perfect for a girl. It was to *perfect* an anime for me, i like something more realistic. Like alot of Kare Kano, they couldn't see each other, and stuff happened, and it was both their first relationship, so they were kinda awkward to each other.

7. Arilou

It was kind of sweet in a fairy-tale kind of way but A) It really didn't feel like ANYTHING HAPPENED. I was waiting for one of the other girls to find out what was going on (and cause a huge uproar) but that never happened.

And yes, Aoi ought to read some Greer.

8. crabman

Dude that would've been awesome and worth watching alot more than Aoi's dad walking out of the room and everything was ok. I though kauru was gonna bang Tina tht one time they were at that sleezy motel. Japan has awesome sleezy motels.

9. MechaTC

I agree, a lot of it was way to "perfect". But everyone needs to see something work out every now and then to give them hope for themselves. It made me feel good to see it working out so well.

But the whole series wasn't completely perfect. Aoi and Kaoru were forbidden to have a public relationship. Kaoru couldn't be in the house after 10:00 PM. Near the end they had the whole conflict with Aoi's family (mostly her father). It almost didn't work out like you wanted. And it didn't work out like a fairy tale either.

10. Arilou

Meh, so I guess it was OK for the genre. If nothing else I thought the intro fit perfectly for the series... But KNGE it was not.

Speaking from personal experience? :D

11. crabman

Isn't there supposed to be a sequel? So that it CAN end in a fairy tale fashion? And i dunno, watching other people's "anime people" misfortunes is also fun every now and again, but not to much or you become evil. Well ya, Ai yori Aoishi was kinda a nice change of pace, wish Aoi wasn't so damn traditionalist though, her lack of sense of human rights kinda annoyed me.

12. crabman

Ha i wish i've been to japan. I'd be broke by now though.

13. MechaTC

"Kaoru-sama! I wish to cook and clean for you!! Then I wish to feed you deserts I made while you were at work!"

....... -_-

That was really lame how she was so obsessed with serving him.

There is Enishi which doesn't end the series. There is supposed to be a third season of Ai Yori Aoshi where they may end it all. I think it's a 13 Vol. long manga series, so a few more DVD's should be enough to finish out the story.

14. crabman

Pfft dvd's thts funny. I haven't seen a legal anime dvd for like, actually now that i think about it......... it's been like a year......All the stuff i get off my buddies is like super bootleg will only work on the ps2 dvds.

15. MechaTC

I bought the 3 disc bootleg Ai Yori Aoshi set off ebay by accident, if that's even believable :smile-big .

I did buy Enishi legitimately though.

16. crabman

What is this Enishi? And how is it and what is it about?

17. MechaTC

Enishi means "invisible bonds" or something along those lines. Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi is the second "season" of Ai Yori Aoshi.

You can see the list of DVD's that make up this season here

It was pretty good, but not as good as the first season. They didn't focus so much on Kaoru and Aoi. They focused more on Kaoru's relationships with other characters as well as character development for Chika and Tina.

18. crabman

oooooooooooooo ya i saw tht one too : ), i watch to much anime.

19. Tri-edge101

you know if you want all the episodes you can download them here.

Link removed