1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Aizen's Shikai, clear-up please

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by Aflean, May 31, 2007.

1. Aflean Murdering, in cold blood, a

People's main argument against the "illusion/hypnotism" conspiracy (the one that Aizen is not as strong as he is made out to be) is that the people he pwned (Ichigo, Renji, Hitsugaya) hadn't seen his "Ritual" to get them under his hypnotism.

(just to be sure, I do not agree with the "illusion/hypnotism" theory)

I want to get things straightened out, can people tell me what the ritual thing is all about? I thought his Shikai, once released, can make anyone see/feel/smell/taste/hear whatever he wants them to, but now there is some ritual he needs to show them before they can get sucked into it?

I don't understand what all this is about, can someone tell me what the extent of his powers of his Shikai are, and if he does need to do some kind of ritual beforehand, this does make his Shikai a lot worse than I thought it was at the beginning...

My question is basically: "Does Aizen have to show people a certain time-consuming Ritual before they are able to be caught in his "Total Hypnosis" technique his Shikai has?"

Also, as a side-note, what shape do you think Aizen's Shikai actually is, if "Total Hypnosis" is just it's ability, like Getsuga Tenshou is simply Zangetsu's ability.

-- Eliot --

Tags:
  2. SiSL The Hun

Giving examples from Ichigo,

Ichigo is always in Shikai mode, Getsuga Tenshou is a technique to boost slash attack IN shikai mode. So your last paragraph is quite logical to compare Total Hypnosis to Getsuga Tenshou (which is part of a shikai)

Or as another theory, Bankai might be Total Hypnosis which takes long (like Ichigo's first time) , his shikai might just produce scenerio hypnosises.

Beside I don't agree the fact he beat Ichigo with hypnosis because Ichigo never seen him or his shikai before. None of ryoka saw actually.

3. Aflean Murdering, in cold blood, a

Yeah, I don't agree with the hypnosis theory either, I think that people still doing that are just hiding from the fact that Aizen pwns... as does his creations (I saw some post the other day saying that the whole of Hueco Mundo was a hypnosis, and in fact they are just standing in the desert with Aizen standing by them XD).

But about your last para, is that the limit of the Hypnosis? Do people have to previously see some kind of ritual before being taken in by it?

-- Eliot --

4. SiSL The Hun

Aye, they have to see it to be effected. That is the reason Tousen never got effected by it for example so to make his plan work, Aizen should make him comrade (if Tousen was not on his side, his trick simply would not work because of risk Tousen can understand what was going on), and that is also reason why he make a demonstration of his blade in front of all captains and lieutenants for all of them to see it and got into total hypnosis.

5. Marsala The Ice-Cream Man Cometh

To place people under total hypnosis, Aizen must release Kyoka Suigetsu while they are watching it. That is the ritual. Presumably, it is as simple as showing them the sword and saying, "Shatter, Kyoka Suigetsu," and as a captain who has obtained Bankai, Aizen should be able to release his zanpakutou without the command. So it should be very easy for him to place someone under total hypnosis in battle, as most opponents would need to watch Aizen's sword to fight him.

Aizen only used his hypnosis in battle a few times, however. He used it to slash Hitsugaya before Hitsugaya knew that he had moved, he used it to get in close to Komamura, and he used it to disappear and attack Renji after beating Ichigo. Aizen's most impressive feat, completely owning Ichigo with one finger, was done without any hypnosis, as were his bare-handed blocks of Renji and Komamura's weapons.

6. Aflean Murdering, in cold blood, a

Do we have any idea of how long this demonstration takes? Or is it instant, because if it is, then any hope of defeating him is simply insane. Think about it, if he can make you think anything as soon as you see his release, add that with the love of waiting for the other person to talk that manga characters have, and we have an unbeatable bitch...

-- Eliot --

EDIT:

Just read Marsala's post, thank you for clearing it up for me.

7. SiSL The Hun

Gives a question...

He can be powerful indeed, in similiar fashion to Zaraki but on Demon magic or unarmed combat. But there would be a question if he really reached bankai if he can simply hypnosis with shikai , to hypnotise others that he has super high reiatsu or reached bankai.

Beside since we know really little about him so far, anything we can say would be predictions other than what manga wrote.

8. Aflean Murdering, in cold blood, a

Yeah, SiSL, that is the point that everyone has been making, that if he can hypnotise people fully with his Shikai instantly upon people seeing his sword, then he can make people think that he is uber powerful, has bankai, etc.

But I think that Kubo Taito is a little too unpredictable to let his Shikai be the explanation for everything that has happened in SS and HM.

Anyway, got to go, all, need sleep. It's 03:50 where I am...

-- Eliot --

9. Marsala The Ice-Cream Man Cometh

Aizen is so powerful a character that it would be absurd for him not to have Bankai. Of course, his Shikai is so broken that he doesn't really need it, but the time will probably come when the good guys figure out a way to nullify the absolute hypnosis and force Aizen to rely on his many other insanely overpowered abilities.

10. Cirus Banned

HAHA, at the end of the series you find out the whole thing through out the manga was just a hypnosis by Aizen, and they are all back to the save Rukia arch again. Only one catch, Ichigo an co. keep all that they learn unexpectedly and come out pwning all people in front of them.

11. AbnormallyNormal 1 + 2 + 3 = 1 * 2 * 3

i think the ritual is that he needs to actually release it... he didn't bother releasing it versus them, he defeated them easily without needing to resort to shikai.

12. Metric Jay Chou tard

With regards to the ''ritual'', Aizen did explain to Unohana and her VC during the SS that he gathered all the VCs and Captains and showed them his release, which was disguised as a water release or something.

So the fact that he got everyone together to do it in one go suggests that it might be quite time consuming, and not as simple as ''look and my sword and you're caught in it''. If it was that easy, he could have gone round inidividually to each VC and shown them instantaneously.

13. CM Pope The Holy Father

The so-called 'ritual' was when he demonstrated his supposed water-element zanpakuto to everyone in the Gotei 13...and secretly hypnotised them.

That's it.

The people he pwned...well he hardly needed to Release did he?

14. AbnormallyNormal 1 + 2 + 3 = 1 * 2 * 3

well the very fact aizen felt he needed an elaborate plot and he hypnotized every other captain PROVES he isnt strong enough to just slaughter everyone at once, certainly not the "big 3"

15. Trias For in the sleep of death...

Which is not impressive at all, since even 6th Espada can block Ichigo's bankai with his bareskin easily as well. Blocking just shikais or blocking bankais of people who had fought fight of his life just a few minutes ago, is not that much of a feat if you ask me after you see all this espada shit going on.

Eh, why would he bother to show each VC individually? Wouldn't it be more time consuming and harder, since VCs also have their work?

16. Aokiji Well-Known Member

Ichigo never saw it, which resulted in Aizen pwning him without using hyposis. but Hitsugaya and Renji saw it because tzhey are part of Gotei 13.

17. PDQ Meta-Debater

It's practically impossible to say when he hasn't used it since having bankai means he can release it silently and probably close to instantly(it took less time for Renji to release and attack without calling out his shikai's name than it did for Byakuya to even finish the name of his). And when you can control all 5 senses, you can make people think anything. You can make objects seem like they're there when they're not, you can make an opponent look like an ally and vice versa, etc.

Think about it, he made it seem like Central committee was alive and active when they were dead to EVERYONE who came. That means they didn't even see Aizen take out his sword and use it, they just saw the illusion. Not to mention his ceremony seemed to only be given to VCs, not captains, yet he got Unohana in it without her knowing.

As mentioned, the "ritual" when he gathered the VCs was probably for efficiency. It would prevent them from seeing him before he cast it on them when he was offguard and save time from having to keep track of who got it and who didn't.

So in the end practically anything is fair game for an illusion.

The question is whether or not it affects Reiatsu sensing, if not, that could be the only way to tell if something is fake.

18. blazingshadow True Wind Rune

one theory about aizen's shikai is that it isn't absolute hypnosis but a sharingan esque ability where he can copy or reflect (kioka suigetsu = moon reflected in the water or something like that) other ppl's abilities and make it his own. the real owner of absolute hypnosis shikai would be tousen in this theory as he did use a shikai ability to put ishida to sleep and his bankai is indeed related to blocking (another form of controlling) the opponent's senses

19. Ulquiorra The Great Black Winged Devil

Dunno if anyone said this yet, but I've always had a thought concerning aizen's sword, and I guess this is as good a time as any to put in my two cents.

I thought that it would make sense if that Aizen's shikai really is just an illusionary mist, while his bankai is actually the total hypnosis. It seems more reasonable that way. Also, I always thought his few battles were kind of fishy. He used his hypnosis to defeat Hitsugaya and Komamura IIRC, while everyone he fought who hadn't seen the hypnosis were horribly weakened when they attacked him. Also, when he jacks the hyogyoku, all of the strong captains were convienently busy with their own fights (Yamamoto, Ukitake, Shunshui, etc.). So, I think Kubo has pulled a little "hypnosis" of his own by making the details of Aizens power vague. The only possible evidence of his power was when he forced Grimmjow to his knees by looking at him. However, Grimmjow may also have been under hypnosis as well, so it's still kind of iffy. So, IMO, I don't think Aizen is really as powerful as he appears.

Ulquiorra>Aizen

20. Blizzard chain Calm Before the Storm

He simply shows you his sword, and you're hooked unless you're blind. His shikai ability does not really have a "shape". It allows Aizen to manipulate all of his opponent's senses.

BTW, Aizen only used his shikai on hitsu in the anime. Unless I missed some pages, he simply speedblitzed hitsu in the manga.

21. Frostman G.O.A.T (Greatest of all Time)

In order to be under the hypnosis you have to go through the ritual. I think its something like Rukia's dances but only longer and cooler. Thats why he explained that he gathered up all the vice-captains and performed it.

I think its more then just seeing his sword. Thats why i think ichigo and the gang are not under his spells. Thus why i the gang still has a chance to fight against him.

22. Aokiji Well-Known Member

If Aizen's Zanpakuto's name=moon reflected in the water, then think about what byakuya said to Renji. And now think about the name of Ichigo's Zanpakuto. :nod