1. Due to an update, many default preferences have changed.

If you have any issues, such as unrequested email notifications or following threads you didn't want to follow, then check your setting here.
  2. Stop Scrolling! We changed our address to narutoforums.org

Please add the URL to bookmarks on your PC and phone.

More details can be found here. Feel free to ask any question.
  3. Impending Naruto Avenue Reorganisation!

Want to learn more? Wish to chime in? Click here.

Akame Ga Kiru

Discussion in 'Akihabara Library' started by Zaru, Nov 20, 2015.

1. ShadowReij Wanderer

That was basically explained as the empire doing what it wants with its soldiers (Even though Esdeath would've probably had his head after........maybe). My take away from that was that it isn't the first time that shit has happened to her and she was numb to it by then.

As for Tats' ultimate fate I don't know I just can't see him making it back to Mine......not as a human anyway.

2. DarkSlayerZero Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Jareth Dallis #HEEL

It might be interesting if they go the route of Tatsumi not dying and just becoming some Dragon-Human Hybrid, but we all know it's gonna be a Hamlet Ending much like Hemlock Grove was.

4. Gemmysaur The Onii-sama

Dafuq bruh. Dat naming.

5. syntheticsound Child of Atom

So Desta-Ghoul is actually Death Tagool. Took me a while to process. Henter's name was transcribed like that in Crunchyroll's subs too, but Desta-Ghoul was Destaghoul. Also, naming generals after train stations sounds like something I would do (if our train station names sounded better, anyway).

Also, where do we see Doya crying upon her demise? Or is it an odd translation? I mean, we might eventually get to that in Zero, right, right? :catblush

Edit: so... I seem to remember quite distinctly that I read somewhere about Takahiro's general inspiration for the manga, stuff like that, but I can't find it. Does anyone have that, or am I mistaken? Like I said before, my memory is quite unreliable.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  6. DarkSlayerZero Well-Known Member

I know what you're talking but I can't remember either.

Also screw the wiki, I try to make it look more professional by using the correctly translated names for things and they bitch about claiming that they use the Japanese names not the translated names. By that logic, they shouldn't use the fan translated names.

7. syntheticsound Child of Atom

The wiki? I used to edit it sometime ago, back then people listened to my word and had nothing against changing names to official ones :catsmug Like, once I just went ahead and changed the names according to Crunchyroll's subs (which was the most official translation at that point, before the English manga release) and no one said anything.

I presume all sensible editors left if they are really bitching like that.

8. DarkSlayerZero Well-Known Member

Here's an example, Lubba's Teigu is called Kaleidoscope Crawstail in the Eng volume.

Ran 千変万化 (a part of his Teigu's name) through bing translate and got "constantly changing" and one of the definitions for kaleidoscope says

A constantly changing pattern or sequence of objects or elements.

When I changed it a couple of people whined.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  9. syntheticsound Child of Atom

Oh, that's interesting, though if it was Cross Tail in the Japanese guidebook, that would have to remain its official name (just like with some Naruto characters, i. e. C/Shee/Cee). I believe I saw it transcribed as "Clawstail" on the Japanese DVD volume though (and Hekatonkheires was Hecatoncheir). So, honestly, it's a bit iffy.

By the way, I'm really interested in the official English name for Champ's Teigu. It's pretty odd, it's most likely a baseball reference, it seems to make no sense, possibly with some wordplay that's impossible to translate. When will the volume with Wild Hunt be released? Also, is there censorship in these volumes?

10. DarkSlayerZero Well-Known Member

Vol 10 releases sometime in 2017. No censorship although vol 7 does contain a slight revision.

The right is from the first set of raws and the left is the revised version found in the vol release.

11. syntheticsound Child of Atom

Seeing that made me realize that I don't remember any instances of Incursio/Tyrant doing that anywhere outside of that part. Though I may be forgetting, as usual >.>

12. Gemmysaur The Onii-sama

Spoiler:

13. syntheticsound Child of Atom

"That part" = fight against Henter. But never outside of it, right?

14. Gemmysaur The Onii-sama

Yes. But my headcanon says it's because of where Tatsumi's being aimed at. The neck and the forehead, which, if Henter can pierce through, will kill Tatsumi outright. I don't remember anyone else with such precision or amount of fucks to target kill points.

Still, that's just my guesses.

15. Black Knight Active Member

Woah, speaking about instances where Incursio showed is a living teigu... this was one of them.

16. Gemmysaur The Onii-sama

17. DarkSlayerZero Well-Known Member

The Tyrant heads coming to Tatsumi's rescue.

Here's another one

18. Gemmysaur The Onii-sama

It was always been a thing that Tyrant is alive and always changing to suit its user, most especially in the life or death situations. The first thing it did once handed to Tatsumi was to evolve to suit its new user.

Bulat's Incursio is an armored trench coat. It's defense is basically a chest plate, shoulder pads and a helmet. It might've judged him to not need any extra armor since, true to his name, he's built like a tank and his skill is legendary.

Bulat's armor
    Spoiler:

Tatsumi on the other hand is a fledgeling with little experience and is far squishier than his predecessor if body types are to be taken into account. Incursio evolved to suit his needs, meaning more protection, hence it became a full suit of armor with a cape.

It then had additional forearm guards, greaves for his legs (instead of Bulat's only having knee guards) and protection for his waist.

Tatsumi's armor
    Spoiler:

19. syntheticsound Child of Atom

Yes, it has always been Tyrant's thing, but we really only see it growing tiny muzzles in one fight.

It'd be interesting to see more Teigu react to their users' something. Like, Mastema changes color, for example.

20. Gemmysaur The Onii-sama

Well, if you want an immediately reactive Teigu, then Pumpkin.

It reacts to its percieved (or rather Mine's percieved) levels of danger in the user's immediate surroundings.

21. syntheticsound Child of Atom

Pumpkin is what made me wonder about life force in the context of AgK a while back. I mean, Mine fell into coma after using up all of her "soul and spirit", and I think in the fight against Seryu she also powered up due to emotions. So it's definitely not just Incursio/Tyrant which is connected to its user - yet, we never hear about anything being still alive within Pumpkin. Also, there's the demon Murasame thing, though it may have more to do with Akame's own mental states.

What I'm saying is, I believe that all Teigu are connected to their users' spiritual energy, whatever that is. I mean, there's that compatibility issue that we don't get any explanation for, we just know that a Teigu can reject potential users, even violently (like Demon's Extract or Koro). Also, Wave uses Mastema as if it was his own - I guess it could be assumed that this was due to his friendship with Ran (I don't think Ran Force-ghosted the actual knowledge into Wave :p).

Sure, Incursio is the only one that reacts to its user to such extend (and that's awesome). But they are all said to require mental and spiritual strength to use, so maybe they also have their own spiritual energy that has to "resonate" with the users'.

22. Gemmysaur The Onii-sama

Methinks that every teigu has a certain degree of consciousness, meaning it's alive in a sense, but only Tyrant actually has any capability to change for its user as its very flesh is alive as stated by the manga iirc. It makes it so teigu can reject users and some like Pumpkin can change power in accordance to its user, be it danger levels or emotional levels (but I think, it's just stress levels).

There's also Lionelle (I forgot earlier) that seems to pass on animalstic traits of the animal it's named from to its user, if Leon "marking" Tatsumi was any indication.

Muramasa has not shown anything to imply that it's alive, or even just that it has a consciousness of sorts as it will kill even its user if cut. That is at least to my knowledge, but then again, there are art with Murasame having a black mist surrounding it, maybe implying its trump card or something.

Yeah, it's very much likely that all teigu are connected spiritually to its user but most are just not "activated" enough to be noticeable.
    Off the top of my head that I guess seems to use up some spiritual energy are...

Incursio via reactive evolution (question though, would Incursio fall under biological teigu?)
    Pumpkin via power shift
    Lionelle via healing
    Extase via flashlight
    Koro via regen, zerk mode and simply being a biological teigu
    Black Marlin via water bending
    Shambala via port
    Susanoo via super form
    Adramelech via lightning (Budo supposedly ran out of lightning)

23. syntheticsound Child of Atom

There was a throwaway line about Ran not being able to fly for a long time, and I headcanoned it due to him simply getting tired (due to Mastema using up his energy). Also, Suu was directly connected to his user's life force (it was said that it differs from Koro in this regard since Koro's own core is very powerful). Also, not sure about Lionelle actually influencing Leone's personality since she seems like the kind of a person who'd do something like that deliberately anyway. I mean, Teigu usually correspond to their users' personalities or appearances anyway (Seryu and Koro both flip between cute and psycho, Leone being "wild", etc.).

24. Gemmysaur The Onii-sama

Suu doesn't seem to drain all that much outside super form.

Lionelle giving animal traits, yeah, it's kinda flimsy so maybe you're right that she's just that type of person.

As for corresponding to the user's personality, I dunno. Teigus judge for potential users, so it's more of the teigu goes on tinder for an appropriate user than anything if that makes sense.

25. syntheticsound Child of Atom

Yes, Suu only does that during Magatama Manifestation, but it does it quite literally, it's even visible. I also remembered the part where Chelsea says that she felt Gaia Foundation calling for her. There's also the matter of Kurome being able to split up and regain her power (energy) while using and not using puppets respectively.

26. DarkSlayerZero Well-Known Member

27. syntheticsound Child of Atom

Is Chapter 16 the latest English translation chapter of Zero that is out? It's been about a year since then.

29. DarkSlayerZero Well-Known Member

Yep, I have the JP scans up to chapter 25. I have 26 to 30 sometime after the 22nd.

30. Drake WORK MAKES YOU FREE

So no English ones? Any idea if this manga is even being translated anymore?