1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Akatsuki Betrayal

Discussion in 'Naruto Theories' started by stillarium, Oct 26, 2006.

1. stillarium

After reading the newest chapter I can't help but think... maybe those many predictions about who will kill the Akatsuki (Gaara -> Deidara, Sasuke -> Itachi, Kakashi -> Tobi, Shikamaru -> Hidan, etc.) are wrong.

Of course hoping that they'll turn "good" is naive (but I want them to survive T__T and it's not likely in case they stay the bad guys oO; ), but now I wouldn't be surprised if Hidan turned against the Akatsuki. To me, it seems like the one who wants world domination is mainly the Leader. I mean... I don't think Itachi, Deidara, Tobi and Hidan would want that. Kakuzu just wants money and we don't know the motives of Zetsu, Kisame and the unknown yet. I guess that that a bunch of S-Rank criminals as different as the Akatsuki are just working together for their own purposes, each of them (except those especially loyal), and wouldn't give everything to the organisation, just like Hidan said. Just look at Sasori or Orochimaru...

Argh, I can't really express myself o_O; *isn't native english anyway*

What do you think?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2006
    Tags:
  2. Delita

once i saw after reading the newest chapter I stopped reading.. new chapter discussions go in telegrams please dont post new chapter info here..

3. stillarium

Okay, thanks o.o *glad to have put that into the beginning of the post*

I thought I eventually read something in Konoha Telegrams, but now I couldn't find the subforum anymore o.O; I used the search function of Firefox to scan the board, but well... anyway, I'll search once more

4. Delita

click on konoha library and the telegrams sub forum is right above the theories link or just look through all naruto avenue links.

5. bluegender_2k

nah i think this thread belongs here it is a theory about akatsuki having ppl leave or attacking them from within. personally i like the idea of one of the akatsuki members fighting them not in a way of actually doin any damage or killing any of them but more like hidan attack Al to show us how strong al is cos the way he has been spolen to implys he is on the same level as hidan when i want to belive he is a lot stronger.

6. stillarium

Thanks, I just saw it *headbang* I just looked through the main forum, but I guess when I saw Konoha Telegram a while ago, it was only in "Naruto Avenue".

I wasn't sure where to put the topic, either. It's about the loyalty of Akatsuki, but I also did spoilers of the newest chapter, so it seems to belong to Konoha Telegrams. Could someone move the topic? ?? I can't even rename the title.

7. Deidara2006

this is a good idea, and it would be a great twist but it is also similar to Orichimaru's story. He was once part of Akatsuki but betrayed and left them because he wasn't entirely devoted to the group, and if the same thing happened again it wouldnt be the best storyline. 'Naruto' needs great story and ideas to keep the fans clinging to repeat the same thing even slightly wouldn't be awsome. However saying that i personally would be amused for that to happen, nor would i be surprised because as somebody already said, all the members are out for themselves and are using eachother to get what they want.

8. Brooke Logan

Hidan could end up betraying Akatsuki if he is Sai's brother like I keep hoping. He seems very passionate about what he believes in just like Sai said his brother was, but of course, the Jashin religion seems very insane and Hidan is insane to want to be in it.

But if he's Sai's brother then this Jashin thing was probably somehow forced upon him and is not part of his true nature. I like to think that when Sai and his brother, who I want to be Hidan, fought all those people Sai drew in his artbook, that maybe they at one time took on Jashin followers and Hidan got cursed to be like one of them.

Now, if he could just see Sai and remember his past, that would get his sanity back (assuming he IS the guy Sai knew).

9. Deidara2006

... I hadn't really thought about hidan being Sai's brother and if that was the case i retract my former statement because the difference would be overwhelming. But if this is the case then something bad must have happened to Hidan to turn him.. errr.. mental is an appropriate word i think. But to have a story where he then releases his past by seeing Sai in my opinion would be good to see, because just by the things he said Hidan doesn't seem like the other bad guys of Naruto. There is such things as evil and twisted and Hidan is more twisted than evil but who knows.

10. Kenny Florian

No. I think if any of them planned to betray them it would have happened by now like with Orochimaru.

11. Brooke Logan

Hehe, I'm glad someone else actually likes my idea.

And think of the conflict it would create between Sai and the Konoha ninjas, especially Shikamaru, Chouji and Ino. I find it interesting that their team was the first one he's met other than Naruto's team. Maybe it means something?

Well, I'm sure I'm just dreaming but it would have made for some great emotional moments.

12. FadedBlack

i could see at best one turning but i dont want hidan to turn i think its fitting that team 10 ? i think takes him down in honor of their sensei i dont think it would make sense for him to join up with people that hate him, but i still could see a betrayal which would be a good plot twist i really actually dont like the akatsuki motives there kind of well lame and uninspired lol just like everyone else

13. coriander

Hidan. I think he's perfectly evil to stay in Akatsuki. I don't imagine him turning good at all. When fighting, we may get a glimpse of him being delved too much in his rituals/offerings/etc., but we also don't know how he is aorund AL.. so.. :amuse

14. Rhaella

Yes, I agree. Most of these people could probably care less about world domination.

Frankly, I think that some of the weaker members may not have any goal other than self-preservation. No matter how powerful you are, life as a missing nin's got to be difficult. I can't see Itachi or Hidan involved for reasons of protection, but I've definitely begun to view Deidara in such a light.

A betrayal is definitely possible. We'll see.

15. Deidara2006

Again i hadn't considered that. You may have noticed i have yet to consider many things on this subject but i'll get there. After all this betrayal subject started i only thought about the stronger members doing so. My logic is that the weaker members having joined and seen the power may have become to afraid to leave and give away the secrets they hold. After all they are currently missing nin and then to AL after you, life wouldn't get much harder. Where as a stronger member might have the brains and guts to pull it off much like Orichimaru. Then i'm not so sure he was a strong member seeing as he admits Itachi being stronger and the leader is probably even more so.