1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Akatsuki might not be evil.

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by gruevy, Oct 8, 2005.

1. gruevy Grammar Nazi

I don't remember reading anywhere that they want the demons for their own use, per se, but I might have missed it.

That aside, it's possible that all they want to do with the demons is get rid of them forever. When you think about all the trouble that the fox alone has caused, it stands to reason that someone decent would want to get rid of it permanently. There have been plenty of threads about itachi maybe not being evil, so I guess I just extended the thought to his whole group.

Now as far as the akatsuki killing ninjas and generally being dickheads, I thought that was what all the ninja did when they started getting to the nasty-ass missions that only the elite get to go on.

Tags:
  2. Kabuto_o Genjutsu master

I have heard that theory before, it might be possible, but no it can't be true. Orochimaru was an old member, he is evil. Itachi killed his own clan that's not so friendly in my book. If they weren't evil they probably would have told everyone that they hade unevil intensions instead of going around beating people up and mind fuck them :)

Sasori for example killed his parents, destroyed a village, Kisame is a member of the seven swordsmen and they are evil too.

Akatsuki = evil

3. TenshiOni Active Member

No he didn't. Chiyo stated that Sakumo killed Sasori's father, indirectly. As to the mother, we don't know, but I'm betting she shared the same fate.

Anyway, I'm not sure they're good my friend, just because of what Deidara says here:

4. Elfberserker Member

I wouldn?t say that seven swordsmen are evil, because its intentions aren?t evil.

Seven swordsmen are elite group of ninjas that serves villageor that is it purpose, but we know there are some evil members....

5. Oujisama ★~평화의날~★

They are gathering the demons so they can use them for themselves and cause destruction. If they really wanted to just vanquish the world of demons, couldnt they go and negotiate instead of invade hidden villages and kill a bunch of innocent people?

6. Kibate Doesn't want a what?

well, the leader said in part1 that they want "everything" so i guess they are bad, because selfish and greed is not very nice

7. Mario is Fat ミッチ

I don't think they are evil, maybe not good, but not evil Either, leaning more towards it though, in my opinion.

8. Monna Malicious Miraculous Malevolent Maelstrom

Evil. Thats all I got to say.

9. Odlam Team 7 4 Life

Evil as evil gets pretty much

10. DiDiDiDi DiDi Di-Di-Di Lets fuck for virginity!

Shoudnt the fact that their all S-class criminal missing-nin be enough to prove that they are all evil?

11. Gunners .

one guy kills his clan, one guy is orochimaru no need to explain, on guy is kisame member of 7 sword who tried killing their kage, u have nut case sasori who killed counrties, then their diedera who tried blowing up a village, zetsu a canibal.

yup they seem pretty good to me. sarcasm.

12. TGC TGC

i agree...they are pure evil...

13. Gunners .

if they were trying to get rid of the demons they wouldnt be collecting them in the statue they would be killing the junckruki instead so the demons die with it.

it doesnt need to be stated that they are evil, they are collecting the demons for some sinistar reason if they where good they wouldnt be doing what theyre doing in secret for a start.

14. Code Zoamelgustar

It was not stated that Chiyo killed his father. "Inderictly"... well you can be mad at someone who ruined your son's life, more so than if they were simply killed. Especially since that's "The Way of the Shinobi."

The 7 Mist Swordsmen didn't try killing their kage... that was Zabuza only... they are simply the group of the Mist's 7 best ninjas. In fact one may even be a kage, or the rest of them may still be in the Mist. Kisame's crimes were killing Daimyos and taking part in the destruction of countries. Zetsu has only eaten dead people. That's not really evil... just weird taste...

Last edited: Oct 8, 2005
  15. TenshiOni Active Member

Ok, it's possible that happened too. We'll probably learn next chapter thanks to Ebizou - at least, I hope.

But it doesn't change the fact that Sasori never stated he did the killings himself.

16. Masah *****istrator

If they weren't evil wouldn't they explain to Naruto and everyone? >.>

17. Sunuvmann <font color="##5262fc">of the Rebellion</font>

Nah if they were going to have a plot twist like that, its common sense to keep them looking as evil as possible until right before the TRUE intentions are revealed. I personally think they are evil to the extent of it as a means to an ends. Each have their moments of semi-goodness like Itachi sparing Sasuke in part 1 or Sasori sparing Gaara's bro (I suck with names). They are most likely using it for some purpose, maybe to make an Akatsuki Empire, we don't know yet (but if that theory turns out to be true I hopefully said it first). Some though are true evil like Orochimaru and Deidara
    .:oro :kblush :Itachi

18. Stalker Too cool for a Custom Title

Kiamse already has a monster inside of him...

19. metalanime I like Tits

um, did you forget that the akatsuki leader at the end of part one said they they wanted to control everything after taking all the bijuu?

20. Mateus. Van Hes.

They killed Gaara. If thats not evil then i dnt know what is. =)

21. TenshiOni Active Member

Umm...this was stated where?

Thought so. =/

22. kapsi Banned

they're fighting good guys so they're bad

23. Cholisose Uhh... (cough)

If they want to destroy the demons, all they have to do is kill the jinchuurikis. If Deidara killed Gaara, that would have killed Shukaku as well. If they want to kill Kyubbi, they just need to kill Naruto. Itachi and Kisame could've killed Naruto when they found him alone in the apartment, but they needed him alive. Deidara could've killed Gaara when he was unconscious, but he needed to take him to HQ alive.

So no, they don't want to destroy the demons.

24. Ill_Ame Two Cat Day

Hmm, I'll try to be polite. Clearly you're one of those Naruto-basher Sasuke-fan-freaks. First I'll ask you not to use the word 'fag' as an insult, as that's highly offensive to many people.
    I agree in part to your statement concerning the missing-nin. True, some of them may leave because they want something more but they're hunted down so that they don't disclose the village's secrets and bloodlines (as seen w/ Neji's dad's byakugan, and as would be the case w/ any sharingan user etc.), not because they're not earning their training. There are those, however, like the members of Akatsuki, who left their villages after performing heinous acts of murder. So in this case, your opinion on the missing-nin is invalid. And don't bash the communities too much. No governmental system can be perfect, but it's better than anarchy, esp. anarchy involving a large number of trained killers. :wink
    Yes, the Akatsuki are removing the demons, but presumably only to use that power to their own gain - possibly even just making new jinchuuriki. Not to mention the fact that extraction involves the death of the host. Refreshing, of course to think that they're ending the lives of these, you're right, undeserving children. They may not deserve the power from birth, but in Gaara and Naruto's case, they've more than paid for it. Look how much they're shunned and feared for their "gifts". Both those kids had horrible childhoods that they also didn't deserve.
    I can imagine both of them without the extra powers - they might have less chakra, but Gaara's control of sand is not a result of Shukaku (the sand he controls voluntarily, that is) and Naruto has the ability to learn complicated techniques such as Kage Bunshin and Rasengan. They're both talented, even without the bijuu.
    Don't call Sasuke a hardworker and Naruto a dropout, either. I'm not one of those who claims that using sharingan is cheating. I realize it took Sasuke a lot of effort to learn what he knows and it's easy to see that he puts hard work into his training. I am of the opinion that Naruto works just as hard, however. You cannot say that the kid's not a hard worker.
    Personally, I believe that your opinions are very biased. Of course they are opinions, but it would be nice to see a bit more thought behind them in the future.:)

As to the main thread, be wary when using the word 'evil' as it's got some extremely strong connotations to it. I personally believe that they are collecting the demons for their own use but it's impossible tot ell as of yet what their objective is after. I think that the members' histories speak for themselves however. There are plenty of powerful ninjas who avoided the darker path - these ones chose not to. I doubt that Akatsuki is planning anything for the benefit of society as a whole.
    As for those who brought up the idea of simply killing the jinchuuriki, no one knows if the demon dies with its vessel or not. We can assume that the kyuubi believes so, otherwise Naruto wouldn't be so well taken care of, but the kyuubi may only be guessing, and the case could be different fo rother demons with other seals. There can't be enough information for Akatsuki to know for sure whether the death of a vessel will kill the bijuu or free it.

25. Tsukiyomi Crazy Cyborg Monkey

Hmm, lets see.

Itachi: slaughtered an entire clan of people, many probably in their sleep including his own parents, mentally tortured his little brother on two occaisions and broke his arm. Drowned his best friend (takes a lot of evil to actually drown someone by force). Stabbed Kakashi for 72 hours just because he could.

Kisame: attempted to assassinate Mizukage, willing to dismember Naruto to make him easier to transport.

Zetsu: cannibal

Deidara: willing to slaughter an entire city full of people to get what he wanted

Sasori: killed third kazekage, and WHILE HE WAS STILL ALIVE, hollowed out his body and turned him into a puppet. This is a man who invented a means to hollow out a living body while the person can still feel things. Essentially killed his own grandmother, made corpses out of his parents bodies, oh and did I mention HOLLOWS OUT PEOPLES BODIES WHILE THEY'RE STILL ALIVE? Most of his puppets if I recall are made from the bones of their victims.

Hmmm, on second thought you might be right, they're not evil.

26. Master Scorpion UG's High Priest

Akatsuki will always be evil!

27. alandupri1472 New Member

this was posted by my friend on another forum, but its actually my theory on this whole arc, so here it goes

Basically we all know that uchiha were the police officiers or i think croupted cops.. Well I guess once Itachi joins anbu he discovers something bad about the clan.. and becomes very angry.. if u pay attention to the flashbacks, it was done in such a akward ways, there thing that raised questions and was just left unexplain, the whole amtosphere of sasuke flashback felt different from a typical flashback. So supposedly itachi and his best friend(that mirage guy) make a pact.. they duel to the death.. and whomever wins gets the makagnya sharngan.. after that itachi killed the ppl in the clan because he cant trust anyone beside his brother, since they had a close relatioship. So he lets sasuke live and hope he grows up strong by hating him."to be strong even if it means hating ur own brother" there are also no clear shots of itachi actually killing his parent, only what sasuke saw, for all i know they could of been dead already(killed by someone else), or itachi find them dead, and when sasuke saw it, itachi simply use his sharngan to convince sasuke that he killed them. By doing so, sasuke will hate itachi and grow stong. You even see itachi sad.. before he kills his whole clan, it is as if hes already sorry for what he is about to put sasuke through.

Now the akatsuki theory.. basically IF and IF the 4th hokage is really the leader like a lot of ppl mentioned, the akatsuki could be good guys, and here is why..

So basically the 4th faked his death, sealed the demon into naruto knowing he will later be extracting it to take out a "greater evil". Otherwise Why would the fourth seal the demon into naruto and not into himself like what the third did to Oro?

Second.. we havent seen the akatsuki kill any others besides the demon extractions.. on top of that like ppl said ninja r tools of warfares, they KILL, thats a part of their life. so if the akatsuki are label bad guys simply because they killed, then same should be said about kakashi, the 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st, naruto, sasuke, and everyone else. anyway if the akatsuki were truly evil, they all would fight over this power like a bunch of common villians(like whats happening with bleach right now), they wouldnt even bother to listen to the leader because there would be some sort of power trip already. But they seem to obey him and follow orders.

About Oro, he did leave the Akatsuki after he find out what their plan is, he also took Kabuto with him, that would explain that he would be one of the bujuu, cause if anyone remember, Oro once ask if Kabuto was going to betray him during the chunin exam, also Oro thought that kabuto was gonna betray him (when tsunade refuse to heal oro arm). So this would make sense to kabuto story as his background and when he went with oro, and its because he doesnt want to be extract by the akatsuki.

So now why would the 4th seal it in naruto if he was gonna eventually kill naruto to extract the demon? And I believes that when the demon is extracted, there is still another way to bring them back to life(chyio).. that would make sense to why deidara held onto to gaara. a lot of ppl believe that just to get naruto attention, i believe it was too simple of a trick, deidara is such an artist, he wouldnt done something so unartist like?

I thinks the akatsuki are gathering the demons together to fight someone or something even more evil. i mean its not like they r not powerful as it is right now, they can hand a hokage ass whooping if they really wanted to, so why go through all the trouble to extract all the demons and turn it into one power, why so they can all share it?, if they were really simple villians, they would of killed eachother for that power already (kinna like how the 7 swordmen hated eachother).

i believe that eventually sasuke will eventually find out the truth about the incident, and he will realize it when he kills itachi, and at that point he will kinna see the light and drift back toward the light side and join naruto again as mature partners.

well thats the way i think its gonna unfold slowly, so hopfully i am gonna be at least somewhat close with this crazy theroy.

28. Tord New Member

My guess, some of them are evil, and some of them are just bored, stupid or lonely. I like to think of them as the super group form HxH, and thats pretty mutch it.

29. Exerci Bored lazy dude

Oh, yeah, that's right, they haven't killed anyone else than demons, so them commanding Yuura to get the sand ninjas killed was just my imagination, and Deidara wanting to blow entire sand village up was also just my imagination... And Sasori making people into puppets was just another thing I got all wrong? Damn.... I think I've misread the entire manga then.

30. Ill_Ame Two Cat Day

I have always held the belief that Itachi did/does actually care about his brother. It's very difficult to think otherwise after seeing him melt when little Sasuke pouts at him and the exchange where he yells at Sasuke not to come in to the room where their parents have been killed. I really like your idea of Itachi and Shisui having a pact, especially considering that they were so close, but I'm not sure if I believe it or not. It would make a nice twist though. As for the murders, I thik Itachi did it. Of course there's no way to know much about the Uchiha massacre as Kishimoto is surrounding it all in mystery. Can't wait for the reveal of the truth!

I'm not a follower of the 4th=AL (Come on - they don't even look like e/o - where did this idea come from anyway?). So you believe that Akatsuki is planning to use the power of the demons to fight some other force? There's an interesting idea, though what would they be fighting? We haven't really seen any candidates that would need such power levelled against them. There are other explanations as to why Yondaime may have used Naruto as a container. Perhaps demons can't be sealed the way Sarutobi attempted to seal Oro.

We have seen the Akatsuki killing others, though in these cases (I'm thinking Suna) it's excusable for the reason that you stated above - it's their job. There is a difference, however, between Akatsuki's brand of killing and, say, Kakashi's, however. Look at Tsukiyomi's post. They're not just killing when it's necessary and because it's a part of their job. They're absolutely brutal. As for obeying the leader, well they've probably got a reason for it even if they are evil. Akatsuki cleary has a goal it needs to reach and if the members don't work together, that's not going to happen. Perhaps the leader is uberpowerful, as some believe. Or maybe he's the only one who knows how to/is able to operate the big bijuu container.

Umm...Are you saying Kabuto's a jinchuuriki? He may be but these wouldn't be the reasons for it. Let's see, Oro said he left Akatsuki because Itachi was stronger than him, though there could be something left unsaid there so that doesn't exactly contradict your theory. He didn't think Kabuto was going to betray him when Tsunade was healing his hands. Kishimoto tried to make his readers believe that for all of one page until it's revealed that he's actually speaking to Tsunade with the knowledge that Kabuto saved him. Earlier, he does show suspicion that Kabuto will betray him, but only, I believe, because Kabuto is powerful and has probably begun to feel slightly left out (Oro uses him but doesn't give him many rewards for his behavior).

Deidara held onto Gaara 1)For Sasori to "hollow out":p later on and 2)To bait Naruto - he wanted to capture another jinchuuriki. Even if the second point is invalid because of his "artistry" (though I think that's a weak reason) the first still holds. Deidara does have respect for Sasori, despite their arguments concering their art, and Gaara would probably make a powerful puppet.:amuse

I believe that Akatsuki are villians, but they're not simple ones, as you seem to believe, and that's the key. It's impossible for any of them to capture all the jinchuuriki on his own and they need everyone's power for the extraction process. Once they've captured all the bijuu, then they might start turning against one other. As I said above - what more powerful force would they be fighting? You'd think Kishimoto would have included some clues about that by now, if it was the case. As of now, no one knows what the Akatsuki will do with the power they're collecting - they might share it, they might make new jinchuuriki or attempt to make one powerful one. We can specualate 'til our fingers fall off but there's nothing that has much evidence. Your theory is no stronger than the others.

Sasuke and Itachi - so Sasuke discovers the truth when he kills his brother. Well, I doubt his revenge will make him happy regardless of the circumstances surrounding it, but I think that were this the case, it could turn out worse than any alternative. If he agreed with Itachi's actions, as you seem to believe he would, he would be forced to feel both respect for his brother and guilt for killing him and then he'd be in even worse shape than he is now.