1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Akatsuki's Statue's purpose

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by -GoW-, Oct 1, 2006.

1. -GoW-

Click Here

Click Here

I've notice that after summoning the statue, AL performed a jutsu and it was done by the statue itself.

What if the purpose of the statue is after gathering the power of all bijuus inside it, to become a mobile remote controlled weapon of mass destruction?

Like Kyuubi once attacked Konoha, Akatsuki's ultimate goal might be to use a all in one bijuu creature to attack and control the entire ninja world.

AL said "If we include the Kyuubi, everything will be in our hands". The only creature that could fight such weapon would be the Kyuubi himself. So if they also harvest his power into the summoning, nothing can match it.

Tags:
  2. NarutoPurePwnage

I think you have some point here.

3. Trigger_Happy00

Or maybe Akatsuki is trying to save the world from some giant horrible creature threatening to come back.

Now that would be a twist.

4. Sai_What

5. -GoW-

Most likely AL has a twisted vision of the world and he'll be like the villain from Naruto Movie 2.

After the completation of the process, a certain jutsu might free the statue into its "animaloid" shape.

6. aznkid310

a bigger twist would be if the AL was pretending to be evil and was only using the other members to save the world, thus misleading all the other akatsuki members

7. TheoDerek

And what is this weapon of mass destruction supposed to do? Take over the world? That would be lame. That is basically the reason I quit reading Bleach.

8. Jonas

Im with Sasuke3759 on this one. Control the world? It seems to be your average Shounen stereotypicall villain achivement. I think it's more than that.

9. -GoW-

AL said "If we include the Kyuubi, everything will fall into our hands".

The most logical thing to assume by reading such statement is that, Akatsuki is indeed the typical lame organization with wishes of universal power and domination.

And judging by Deidera, Kisame, Kakuzu, Hidan and AL's actions/statements, such goal does fit their personality.

People just like to expect the other option instead the most logical one: Akatsuki are misunderstood... But I don't think there's a higher quest behind their actions nor something as in "the end justifies the means". I believe its pure power they seek and complete control.

10. Radical Dreamer

ZOMG! That makes so much sense! And the rings they wear? They use those to summon their multi-colored spandex suits from the future and use super karate skills to fight the evil minions of Lady Rita and her evil minions from the moon! Akatsuki TreeZord! Combine with the biju's of power and get the ultimate sword to free the Third Hokage from his crystal prison inside the Death God! Mighty Morphin Emo Rangers, away!!

((sorry, couldn't help myself. :cry ))

Anyway, it's a good theory. I think it's more like the Killer Giraffes of doom, though. Contain a biju's chakra and remotely power-up anyone with a ring. An eternal battery kinda thing.

11. mr_shadow Moderator

Flag:
    Sweden

Sasori defeated an entire country all by himself. Sasori X9 = does not need WMDs

12. -GoW-

13. -GoW-

14. iander

I think it has to be more than just world domination cause i would be disappointed if it was. With all 9 of them together they could almost take on the world anyway, it just seems like it would be pointless and cliche thing to do. Especially if Itachi was in the group, it doesnt seem like it goes along with his personality to be into world domination.

15. mr_shadow Moderator

Flag:
    Sweden

Is it somehow embaressing to be killed by one of The Legendary Simblings, who are probably around Sandaime?s level?

16. DMC

People who don't trust GoW deserve death...I will come kill you in the morning.

17. -GoW-

For Sasori a person said to have defeated an entire country, to lose against (in his own words) a "little girl and an old hag", shows that Akatsuki can be defeated and do not have the power to conquer everything in their current state.

Itachi's ambitions within the org might not be their ultimate goal. Itachi might be seeking other goals aside from the possible "world domination". He might be testing himself, seeking knowledge or merely be part of powerfull organization, contrary to his former clan.

18. dregoth

1)Power
    2)Knowledge
    3)Imortality
    4)Money
    5)Pervertness

Most Akatsuki have attained most of his desires, but I think the ultimate one is true immortality, that is eternal life and invulnerability to any attack of a regular human. No kinjutsus for life extension or such.

I think AL made some sort of contract with the statue which will grant them part of this power (invulnerability) and they'll be able to use the bijuus as Kuchiyose.

The immortality will come once they defeat a god or the death god himself, so they can achieve some sort of godhood.

19. Odlam

Akatsuki don't have as much power as people seem to think they do

They are going to lose members operating in the open these last six months the way they have to, and there are at least a handful of shinobi in every hidden village capable of fighting Akatsuki members one on one, and probably many many more capable of taking them out in teams.

If Akatsuki's goal is anything that involves changing the world in any way, shape, or form, they will need access to some kind of ultimate weapon or power, because they cannot do it on thier own no matter how impressive thier individual members may be.

20. RAGING BONER

Flag:
    Puerto Rico
    this is terribly off topic but when I see a ninja spout some shit, like say: "Fuuin jutsu: Genryuu kyuu Fuushin"...I can't help but think that Naruto is nowhere near this guy's level and his defeat will involve serious PnJ...

21. Artificial_Sunshine

I've thought we established the fact that Sasori defeated THE country, not A country. Out in the arse end of no-where, cows were mutilated; and Aliens were'nt the ones responsible.

On-topic;

I have a feeling the statue is like the Beast from The Hand(seen below); where an evil ninja org. plans on reviving an ancient monster for power [to take over the world]

Eh, it was only a matter of time before Naruto gave into the ninja/shonen cliches.

22. Cardboard Jewsuke

Sasori was defeated by a combination of teamwork, prep-time that was able to stop most of his offensive abiltiies (poison) and plot nessesity, where he finally let himself be killed from emotions.

And if you see, the first one of those items was Teamwork. outside of Itachi and Kisame, Akatsuki has yet to show any, but if they did, they would have a fair chance of taking on the "world".

As for the topic, I have been thinking they are tryign to animate that statue for a while now....

But if it is just to achieve world domination i will be really bummed, Kishi can do betetr then that.

23. Odlam

Since when are the villains of any series not out to achieve some kind of ultimate power for thier nefarious ends? Isn't that kind of a granted? Why act all disappointed by it.

If Kishi does this well, the twist should be in the reasoning for why they are doing what they are doing, not in the actual act.

24. Shinnou Genkaku

The statue should come to life and have Naruto use kaze bitch slap no jutsu on it

25. dregoth

It's been foreshadowed that Wind Rasengan > Illusionary KWGoD.

26. RAGING BONER

Flag:
    Puerto Rico
    well duh...I forgot that if you add wind to rasengan even the 4th wall will crumble and all will die.

27. Tyrannos

That statue was refered to as a Demon of Hell, and the Akatsuki leader did say that something about taking over the world. So what better than to revive the ultimate demon to destroy everything that stands in their way.

But in all honesty, I have this nagging feeling that they will manage to revive the demon without the Kyuubi and it will be Naruto to save the day. Probably going 9-tails to defeat it. Which to me, means it will be in the distant future in one or two more timeskips. Which will earn Naruto's place as a legend throughout the world (which was hinted back by Tazuna when he named the bridge).

28. Ofkinheimer

The jury is out on what Akatsuki plans for the Bijuu powers, but any plan that includes Narutoverse domination, Narutoverse destruction, or significant Narutoverse power shift is a viable option.

I don't think anyone would argue that the powers of the Bijuus appear to be collected/kept in those statues, at least for now.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2006
  29. RAGING BONER

Flag:
    Puerto Rico
    and do you think Naruto will wear a cape and have a big N on his chest too?

30. Shinnou Genkaku

what technique is this guy refering to, in english. And as far as PNJ, Naruto mastered it as soon as he, as a genin, did TKB do defeat Mizuki after reading a scroll for a couple of hours