1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

3. Voting is open in the KCC Haiku Contest!
    Entries can be found here.
    The poll closes on August 24th at 2:59pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. img
    Dragon Ball Drawing Contest: Black & White Edition.
    Deadline is on August 30th at 11pm UTC
    Dismiss Notice
  5. img
    Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest 6!
    Deadline for entries: September 08th at 1600 EST.
    Dismiss Notice

AL = Disgruntled ninja from a minor village?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Gyroscope, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Gyroscope

Looks to me, he has fallen victim to ninja downsizing and is quite bitter about it. And at the same time looking to make a tidy profit starting his new Ninja for hire company.

So much for AL being Yondaime :( :(

Tags:
  2. B.o.t.i

Maybe did you notice in the astral form he look liked naruto hair wise anyway.

3. Rokudaime

His village probably got purged/disband because no client want to hire or need his village service?
    Maybe he just want to show the other feudal lord that even the minor village have the equal or greater strength than other 5 Country.

4. bearzerger

Not necessarily. He could be as easily a deserter from one of the major villages or one of the many lone survivors of some or the other bloodline. There's no real proof of anything in this chapter, but that he's a powerhungry bastard.
    So never fear it still could be Yondaime...well it couldn't unless Yondaime somehow got brainwashed from goody-two-shoes to evil overlord.

5. The Pink Ninja

Smells of ex-Konoha Shinobi to me. Personally I'd say one of Yondy's old teamates but that's just speculation and gut feeling.

He doesn't sound bitter about the downsizing. He just saying "That's the way it is."

6. Gunners

From his words I didn't really get that, I think he see's the smaller villages as oppurtunity. Since millitary they are weak if a war starts they can provide their services to them.

I think he could be an old Konoha member or have ties with them though his speach about how they beleive in the will of fire and look to the older generation, he knows a bit too much.

7. Gyroscope

Really though, he did seem a lot more concerned about this downsizing, and he did say that the 5 ninja villages were pretty much exempt from it. If he was from one of the 5 major villages, why form a criminal organisation to help out the minor villages (and make some extra cash on the side)?

He says the lack of wars is causing this downsizing and that villages can't cope in case a war starts up again. Thus he wants to control war and keep the flow going.

8. Gunners

He isn't trying to help the minor villages, he is helping himself. When they were Shinobis they don't get the profit now he does.

He gives his service to the minor villages as they will take it first, read the script hidan asked similar questions to what you are asking.

9. Gyroscope

But he is helping them out.....from completely dissolving. He supplies the forces needed for them to sustain themselves in a war albeit for a price. He is offering a service that keeps the lesser ninja villages alive.

10. Gunners

He seeks to start the war. Ok look at it this way.

''Pay me protection money to keep your business safe''

Yet I would be the one having your business trashed. That way, they seek to start the war so they can be mecenaries and then they would move to the bigger villages.

11. Surreal

You are missing the key point here. He wants control over the wars and profit and trough that he wants to control the world later on.

He is just using the situation the small villages are in now and he is building on that since that seems the most logical course of action.
    He doesn't want to help them, he just want to rise quicker trough their weakness.

He doesn't care about the downsizing. Actually, he sees his chance becouse of that.

12. Thorn

Don't make the Akatsuki Leader out to be a bad guy. In fact, his intentions are quite noble, if a bit misguided. This would be pretty great in the clash vs. Naruto in the end.

13. Gyroscope

Protection money is different. In that case, you pay the mob so they dont destroy you. Here these guys are paid to help them out in wars. They win wars for the village, the village gets the recognition. Village gets the recognition, more countries invest in them. They get more missions and more pay and can thus train more ninjas. It isn't quite as one sided as it seems (apart from step 3 of their plan).

As far as part 2 is concerned, the deal would be mutually beneficial. Small ninja countries would prosper greatly.

14. Gunners

No they are not doing it for the benifit of the smaller countries, they are manipulating them as they will need their help first, they metioned later on that they would provide their services to the larger countries aswell.

They are creating the war to provide the job for them, the smaller countries are easier to approach because they suck. Then from the smaller countries they move up, and then they control the world. He isn't doing it for the benifit of smaller countries he is doing his master plan.

15. The Pink Ninja

The small nations find it expensive to keep up a ninja army big enough to protect them.

However you need to maintain an army at all times or be destoryed. Training Ninja takes years afterall.

So the AL will offer his services to the small nations, supplanting their villages.

Basically he's going to get each one of the smaller nations to pay him to protect them That means he'll be able to maintain a pretty big army. Enough to match a major village or maybe several of them.

16. Gyroscope

Yea, looking at his bigger picture, this will obviously help him in the end. Even i know that :p. But initially is what i meant.

They ask for 'little money' while the Shinobi village themselves makes 'large amounts of money' from these battles. An initial profit for the village through which (if they're capable enough) they can start pulling themselves together.
    Ultimately, their reliance on Akatsuki is probably what AL wants so a point in time comes when their reliance on Akatsuki would far outweigh Aka's reliance on them.

At least that's how i see it.

17. Ofkinheimer

For me this confirms that Akatsuki, or at least the leader, do not see themselves as the most powerful and know that the 9 of them by themselves are no match for the full big villages.

I like the way how Kishi made them realize their limitations as this establishes that they may be good, but there are those who may be better. That through their step-by-step plan, they would eventually become most powerful.

It humanizes them a bit in my eyes.

18. Futagokage

[QUOTEThe Pink Ninja]The small nations find it expensive to keep up a ninja army big enough to protect them.

However you need to maintain an army at all times or be destoryed. Training Ninja takes years afterall.

So the AL will offer his services to the small nations, supplanting their villages.

Basically he's going to get each one of the smaller nations to pay him to protect them That means he'll be able to maintain a pretty big army. Enough to match a major village or maybe several of them.[/QUOTE]

Extortion at big scale, I do not see why does a man with that great bussiness vison has necessarly to be from a major/minor Clan, after all they live in the same world and see things it's own way.

19. mr_shadow Moderator

Flag:
    Sweden

The AL sounds more like Yondaime Kazekage than anything. If it wasent for the fact that the latter was defeated by Orochimaru i would think he was the AL