1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

AL is from Konoha!

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Genesis, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Genesis Active Member

Okay, the latest chapter had the biggest hint so far.

He says not to underestimate those "idiots" since they live by the "will of fire."

This means he understands the concept and knows of it. Now, not even everyone in Konoha knows about that shit so i think this was a subtle hint on Kishi's part that he's definitely connected with them in some shape or form.

The only question is who showed him such a thing. Was it Yondaime, Sandaime or does it go way back before them?

Tags:
  2. lazer85 Member

i've only watched the anime once and read part 2 once so I don't remember every detail. What is the will of fire?

3. Genesis Active Member

I've only watched it once. Anyways, basically the Sandaime when he's about to die preaches about how it connects all of Konoha and all the people are willing to die for each other. That's about it.

But not everyone knows of this even in Konoha since they don't understand it but here's a guy who understands it completely and says not to underestimate it.

4. Gunners .

I guess the will to protect, protect what is close to you with your life and to keep going. I am probably wrong but that's what I get anyway, Naruto's fight against Gaara I guess where even when he was burnt out he continued.

Anyway I think he has a connection to Konoha, he knows a little too much about it, what generation I don't really know.

5. atom on a Forums Break

Isn't obvious that AL is Danzo's son.

6. Grrblt Banned

Anyone who's been to Konoha would know about the Will of fire. You don't have to be raised there.

7. Splyte Active Member

no. Tenzou is Danzou's son....imo

Obviously AL has some connection to konoha but for all we know, Itachi could have told him.....but it does seem odd still.

8. Genesis Active Member

People who live there don't know about it so i doubt visiting there for a break will end up with you learning what most shinobi take a long time to understand.

The whole point of my post was that AL understood what it meant and said those shinobi aren't idiots because they practice it. What makes a philosophy so dangerous if you've only heard of it?

9. Grrblt Banned

He never said anything about idiots, he said they weren't heathens because they practiced it. He also gave a very limited explanation of what it was, something you could find in a school textbook.
    Heck, you could tell someone that much from just reading a few random chapters of this manga. AL shows that he has some limited knowledge on the Konoha culture, he doesn't show he understands what it is about.

10. Genesis Active Member

The scanlation i have:

Which one's more accurate since i find this one makes more sense.

The way he says it here has significance since he goes on to say that religion etc doesn't matter yet when talking about Konoha, he says they're not idiots because they practice it and emphasises the "will of fire" part.

11. Dionysus Brandy and Death

I think it's not what the AL said it's just his defense of Konoha that hints at his relation. But it's not much evidence.

12. Grrblt Banned

I wonder where you got that scanlation.
    p1noypr1de has not translated the passage. Those are the only translations linked in the 329 R/T/S thread, and thus the only translations we've found so far. Either way, it's three translators that support my view.

13. Genesis Active Member

Download the scans. They all have the same words in them like i posted. I know two of them do.

And like i said, that way, it seems a lot more significant.

14. Grrblt Banned

Those two scans used the same translation by [Stevo], a new translator who I learned of only last week. The third scan does not mention idiots. I'm going to take Yoshi's and HBK's words over his, I'm afraid. Especially since heathen seems like a weird word to use if it indeed says idiot; idiot is a common word and easy to translate, while heathen practically has never been used before.

15. Genesis Active Member

Safe, but do you see why it holds such relevance if that scanlation was actually the most accurate one.

16. Grrblt Banned

Even if he does say they're not idiots, it still doesn't mean he's had anything more than brief contact with them. Would Kakashi say that the Mist ninjas are idiots?

17. Genesis Active Member

Well, with that translation, yeah. Heathen is different from idiots. If he said they're heathens then AL's words don't mean that much. If he called them idiots, then AL's words seem defensive as if he disliked him calling them idiots because of what they practice. Plus the fact that he emphasises the will of fire part means he doesn't find it as nothing. Also, he would have contradicted himself because he goes onto say that religion and all that don't mean nothing but previously defended Konoha because of what they believe.
    Kakashi has loved all Mist ninja since his encounter with Zabuza.

18. Twicks Needs a Tuba

That page of the raw is really hard to read but...
    The word AL used is 無神論者  "mushinronsha" = "athiest"
    Literally 'no god doctrine person'

19. chibi_oan Me am Sasuketard

Haha. I don't even know what to say, so I'll say something ridiculous like "the AL is Naruto's father." I won't even imply that by father, I mean Yondaime. I just mean father.

Haha, don't take that seriously. Sorry.. I'm just in shock in general from the sudden burst of information Kishi just revealed in this chapter. The "plan" seems so... predictable and cliche. But knowing Kishi, Akatsuki's plan is probably more complicated than it seems right now. I'll just have to wait a few more chapters for everything to pick up.

But.. sticking with this thread's topic I'd guess that yeah, the AL is from Konoha.

20. Sariachan shadowy_blue no neechan

I still think AL is a kage of a major village... a kage who wants to change the ninja world... and this is interesting if you think that Naruto want to change the ninja world as well, even if in a completely different way.

21. Sterling Archer Formerly @MasterHiko

Dude, all the elite jounins are aware of other villages customs. i'd say anbu knows even more so the fact that he was aware of the philosophy doesnt automatically make him a native to leaf. Kakashi spoke in even more detail about the Mist yet we KNOW he isnt from the Mist so that in itself disproves your way of thinking. Ctrl+Alt+Del your logic.

22. Yasha Procreate

The Will of fire is a spirit of Konoha, something very abstract. I doubt someone who has only been to Konoha would take it seriously. AL not only knows what it's, he seems to understand it well and take it seriously. AL has to be related to Konoha in one way or another.

23. Radical Dreamer Let's hear some boots.

And yet more fuel is added to the "Nawaki is AL" theory. >.>

24. geminis Active Member

I think AL is from an enpoverished shithole area on the worldmap that doesn't even have a ninja village. He suffered in poverty just as he mentioned a lot of villages due and was forced to murder other ninjas to make ends meet. That's all, he became a ruthless killer and survived on the streets knowing all the forbidden jutsus he was acquiring while killing his foes.

That's how a ^ (use bro) eat!

25. Yasha Procreate

That would be a direct rip-off from HxH. :oh

26. calimike Akatsuki Supporter

That could be AL is Yondaime's rival. My theory is... AL lost to Yondaime for 4th Hokage position. mmm...

27. Mori` <blink><font color="#DAA520">Sunshine.</font></bli

I think its more used to illustrate the fact that the AL is a clever guy and quite worldly in his knowledge. He's set out a plan to conquer the economy of the ninja world and is aware of the principles on which the different countries function on. Knowing your enemy is pretty important if you want to beat them, especially if they gigantically outnumber you.

(i still think he's from konoha though =p Naruto's dad, not yondy obviously)

28. Purely Sadistic 先生に、よろしくな

Yeah yeah I agree ^^ AL does somewhat seem wise and what's so strange is that he seems so calm even though Hidan was like complaining heaps and all. I'd say AL is from konoha but definitely not Yondaime since even his hair style slightly different from Yody's.

29. El Torero Spanish La Liga #1 Fan

Yeah, I think AL is from Konoha for the same thing. I think the ''will of fire'' of Sandaime is only known by Konoha ninjas, and I think no all Konoha ninjas knows it.

I think Sandaime knowed very well AL...

30. ItsMrJedi Active Member

That doesn't make him from Konoha. That guy has the abbility to sneak around places from distance. No surprise that he knows that and most probably this is also how he recruits new members (by sneaking around them).