1. AAB SEASON THREE

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice

Alabama Election Results: Doug Jones Defeats Roy Moore in U.S. Senate Race

Discussion in 'The NF Café' started by n00bzorz, Dec 13, 2017.

1. n00bzorz Member

I honestly cant believe it! Way to go Alabama!

Tags:
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. GRIMMM 心渡

Some surprisingly good news. I bet Moore is foaming at the mouth after seeing the result. Glad enough people had the sense to see him for what he is (allegedly lol).

3. Fiona ★*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*★

I patiently await the Trump defenders to make extravagant excuses for this so I can laugh at them :del

4. Roman Chariot

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. GaaraoftheDesert1 commemorating failure

650.000 people voted for a pedophile who picked girls in the mall :facepalm

6. Hitt Never ending sea of disappoint

Both parties won last night, in a fashion and I'm sure Bacon will agree this time.

Sure they lost a seat, but at least they don't have a seat a fucking accused pedophile in the chamber. Nor do they have to deal with the Democratic onslaught that was coming with associating with that piece of shit.

7. Pliskin Well-Known Member

I'd like to think Harvard graduate Goldman Sachs bankster Banondorf pretending to be a down to earth rural Christian while bashing fellow Christian Repubs for doing missionary work overseas is what put off evangelicals from turning out in full force.

8. Ashi Ka-Ka!

So the republicans should consider themselves lucky then?

9. Hitt Never ending sea of disappoint

Yes, take the L and avoid the even bigger L.

Also these guys are no fan of "Trumpism" and this loss was a big rebuke of that.

10. Pliskin Well-Known Member

Wonder if people will call for heads in the repub leadership. With this narrow a margin, there is an excellent case to be made that the flip flopping on supporting Moore caused enough voters to abstain to cost the election.
    Not knowledgeable on Repub interna enough to tell if Moore has support enough to find people who are pissed off in the mid to upper echelons taking out knifes.

11. HolyHands Let me touch you

A lot of republicans are blaming Steve Bannon for the loss. And for good reason too, as Bannon was the one pushed so hard for Moore and spent the last few months doing everything he could to attack and delegitimize anyone who didn't support him.

Trump's hardcore supporters are in an peculiar bind where they're large enough to win primaries and browbeat any moderate conservative candidates into submission, but not large enough to win the general election because of how much they piss off everyone else. Either way, I'm enjoying the drama.

12. WorkingMoogle Well-Known Member

13. makeoutparadise I will have my revenge

So its an ole' congo election you want eh roy?

14. afgpride Global Moderator

Honestly, this would be true any other time, but we're in a propaganda war right now where truth and principles play second fiddle to tribalism. Don't forget that we had members in this very forum supporting him just for being a republican, supporting him because the allegations were supposedly false, or supporting him because they didn't care either way. The POTUS is himself an alleged sex offender and quite plausibly a predatory pervert, and nothing he's done or said has resulted in any sort of particular accountability.

Had Moore won, his transgressions would have merely been poured into the ocean of there transgressions coming out of a republican establishment that currently has a detestable human for president, had detestable humans in important advisory and cabinet positions (Bannon, Sessions) and continues to have detestable humans across their party. It would have trickled off from the public conscience only to return as numb jabs that have long lost its effect. Moore would go on to use his seat to affect legislation, his win would imply a sense of innocence (human psychology is idiotic like that) and democrats would be demoralized when attempting to win underdog races in ruby red states.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  15. Huey Freeman The Gent

I don't entirely agree. When it comes to the Republican establishment, you can bet they were breathing a sigh of relief at this result. Many of them distanced themselves from him, and now that will pay off as they don't have the slime of Moore all over them.

Trump can't claim the same thing. He took a bath in the swamp of Moore, and the stink of loss and embarrassment is all over him.

17. EJ populist left

What I'm cautious of is....what Democrats are going to pick up on after this win. Will they look at this like a fluke? How will they run future Democrats for the state in the future?

18. Huey Freeman The Gent

This is basically what I'm being telling you guys all along that the showmanship and rhetoric will only work one time ok the smart moderates. They need to deliver within a year or else plenty of seats will be lost.

19. baconbits Super Moderator

Congrats to Doug Jones. Moore truly didn't deserve to win.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  20. afgpride Global Moderator

Anderson Cooper with the pussified dishonesty. Just admit you made a bad tweet overshot in aggression in the drowsy morning and apologize if you regret it.

21. Huey Freeman The Gent

Nigga how you got that from those tweets?

22. afgpride Global Moderator

I got that by observing pussy behavior (backpedalling out of a rebuke on a president who lives to give rebukes against citizens in lower positions of power) and dishonesty (lying about being hacked).

23. Mider T VM Rapist

Apparently Mitch McConnell begged Trump not support him, because of what he would have to do had Moore won.
    I doubt this was him. Cooper is very professional and I would think he of all people would know not engage in a Twitter beef.

24. afgpride Global Moderator

Yeah Cooper got "hacked" just so his hacker could frame him for making an essentially lukewarm attack on the president which other media pundits do almost daily. Makes a lot more sense than a 'professional' media personality forgetting to turn their CNN broadcast mode on when sending a tweet. Cooper isn't slick. He's human like the rest of us.

25. Huey Freeman The Gent

Well the dishonesty part is obvious a separate set of tweets I figure.

26. WorkingMoogle Well-Known Member

Well, presumably Jones will be able to run for reelection with the boost of being an incumbent. That will help in the short term, though it's still Alabama in the short term.

Longer term it will depend on how his actions are seen by the average Alabamer. If he ends up being seen as fighting for them some of that will rub off on the Democratic party in the state and they might get some traction from it. It's kind of a long shot still in my book but much less of a long shot than it was yesterday so who knows what tomorrow will look like?

27. Yoshua #1 Kale Fan

And I gotta share faiths with this guy. *vomits uncontrollably*

28. Hitt Never ending sea of disappoint

Moore is done. He's trying one last thing from the Trump playbook, contesting the election if he loses. Not gonna fly buddy. Trump has already disowned you and is now claiming you were trash to begin with.

Remember one thing Moore and every other Trump confidant: He expects absolutel loyalty from you, but don't expect anything back. Trump only trusts Trump.

29. mr_shadow Minister of State Security Moderator

Sweden
    I took the quotation marks off the title because they disrupted my chakras.

30. Ashi Ka-Ka!

Nice try, you dishonest fuck.

We all know that you're just tryna save face when this is the biggest L you and the red team have just been handed.

And if you're with the Koch brothers (cause let's be honest, you're giving them a nice warm backrub as we speak), tell them I said "FUCK YOU!"