1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

All Statements from Promotions + Movies + guides about Broly power here

Discussion in 'Dragon Ball' started by John West, Dec 10, 2018.

1. KennethLT

At this point, arguing that beerus hasn't been surpassed it's just beyond idiotic. The dangerous beeruswankersitis disease should stop spreading by now tho.

2. Claudio Swiss

The problem is AT and co don’t seem to know whether want the furball to be completely surpassed

3. KennethLT

You are either surpassed or not. No in-between.

4. Claudio Swiss

Then they wouldn’t put broly at maybe/probably stronger than beerus where they could’ve said he’s stronger period

5. WorldsStrongest

Flag:
    Canada

Iirc tho Fireza never faced FP Jiren...Let alone LB Jiren.

Frieza only ever got mauled by a heavily fatigued and injured Post MUI Jiren, and a suppressed Pre Omen Round 3 Jiren

And speaking of FP or LB jiren...Frieza was counting sheep when BOTH forms of Jiren were in play...he doesnt know what they even look or feel like.

Not really a statement that can be used to put SSJ Broly > Jiren in general, just a statement that at best says SSJ Broly > Suppressed Jiren, which is still damn impressive.

FP jiren and Lb jiren each have accolades easily putting them peer to LSSJ Broly, itd make little to no sense for SSJ Broly to be > them but only LSSJ Broly to earn a comparison with Beerus.

Wonky ass shit all over the place it seems

6. KennethLT

In my opinion, the only reason he said that broly is likely beyond beerus is because he has fought someone just like that, jiren in this case. So even without knowing beerus full power, goku should have an idea do to having battled someone who is beyond a hakaishin.

7. genii96

Jiren is lucky broly didn't come to that tournament.

Btw,has Goku ever seen UI beerus in the anime? because he might be comparing broly to the normal beerus he trains with IMO

8. Angoobo

According to Frieza, SSJ Broly > Final Jiren (he fought both)
    According to Goku: LSSJ Broly moght be stronger than the Beerus he fought (in the first super movie, he clearly has no idea how strong 100% Beerus is).

9. Claudio Swiss

Goku witness beerus FP in the manga
    And u want to be picky he also saw him fought his brother champa seriously

10. Angoobo

If you want to be picky Beerus and Champa were starting to get serieous before their guardians stopped them.
    So no il the anime he’s never seen Beerus at full power

11. MShadows Moderator

You do realize the Beerus Goku fought back in BoG was using around 0,00000001% of his power right?

And the Broly that fought Gogeta in this movie is hundreds of times stronger than a Goku that is hundreds of times stronger than the Goku from BoG right?

12. Claudio Swiss

Regardless nothing puts beerus >broly and his UI ain’t shit considering he hasn’t mastered it

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  13. MShadows Moderator

UI is not untouchable, a comparably strong and sufficiently skilled opponent can still nail you.
    This was proven by Jiren.

Beerus's UI is not even mastered anyway, so at best he should be able to replicate UI Omen feats.

14. Juub

Lol

15. OLK

Let's not forget that Goku is good at sensing someone's hidden full power. It's a constant thing of the earthlings. Even Krillin is good at this

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. Angoobo

He obviously sensed Broly’s immense power when he met him:facepalm

17. John West

He saw his full power in the manga, so I doubt he wouldn't know anything about it, and your right, if he fought Jiren then he should have a great idea on how strong he is.

Fact is, this movie doesn't follow anything from the anime or manga, in fact, it looks like it follows the manga more since they are basically skipping the arc all together

18. PFM18

I think this is a matter of authorial intent. Goku wouldn't comment about how Broly compares to Beerus, if the intended implication was that Goku doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about since he's never seen Beerus's full-power. Goku said Broly is stronger than Beerus, and so we are to assume it is true until proven otherwise.

I more or less agree with the sentiment, but I think you may be exaggerating a little bit. I don't think BR Goku=hundreds of times stronger than BoG Goku. Unless you are talking about BoG Goku before the ritual, in which case "hundreds of times" would be an understatement to say the least.

19. KennethLT

BOG goku is literally an ant compared to what goku is now. Beerus was using enough to power to make the fight seem slightly even but with him having the edge.
    A current ssg goku is factually dozens of times beyond his BOG ssg self (the gains he made during the FT arc, along with fighting a more powerful hit in just ssb, and the many more gains he made in the ToP). The Beerus goku fought in BoG was just using power on ssg level, not more. It is idiotic to think he was comparing broly to that beerus, otherwise ssb goku alone would have finished off broly easily.

I'm not saying this towards you, but to the person who said BOG beerus is around broly. I'm just adding to you.

20. Juub

What a dumb post.

21. John West

Honestly Beerus legit screwed over so many characters just to stay relevant it's laughable.

Broly
    Jiren
    Vegito
    MUI Goku
    Zamasu in the anime and Manga
    Goku
    Vegeta

and the list goes on and on

22. PFM18

Well comparing current SSG Goku to BoG SSG Goku is kind of strange given that it came before the "absorption" shenanigans. I was comparing Goku(post-ritual) in BoG, to current Goku in equivalent forms. I don't think there is a hundreds of times difference there. That's an exaggeration to me. I see it as more of dozens of times or so.

Like I said before, if we are talking about pre-absorption, then "hundreds of times" becomes an understatement.

But yes, obviously Goku was not comparing Broly to the power Beerus used in BoG. Anyone and their mother basically could body BoG Beerus at this point.

23. genii96

Seems beerus' power has been shifted again, I don't think Akira has any intention on letting him be surpassed anytime soon

24. KennethLT

25. PFM18

I think the implication is that UI Goku/Jiren were clearly stronger than Beerus before, but Broly was stated to be Goku's strongest foe in promotional material but only questionably stronger in Beerus. A lot of people have interpreted this as Beerus being retconned/shifted to be stronger than he was before.

This isn't necessarily what I believe, but I understand why people may think that way.

26. Cain1234

This

Goku's statement =\= Toriyama's intent.

Toriyama dosen't see himself as Goku. Hopefully the post Broly manga tells us about Beerus's standing.

27. T-Bag

"A planet destroyed, a powerful race reduced to nothing. After the devastation of Planet Vegeta, three Saiyans were scattered among the stars, destined for different fates. While two found a home on Earth, the third was raised with a burning desire for vengeance and developed an unbelievable power. And the time for revenge has come. Destinies collide in a battle that will shake the universe to its very core! Goku is back to training hard so he can face the most powerful foes the universes have to offer, and Vegeta is keeping up right beside him. But when they suddenly find themselves against an unknown Saiyan, they discover a terrible, destructive force. Locked into battle with the formidable Broly, Goku and Vegeta face their most dangerous opponent yet!"

a paper

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • MAXIMUM MAXIMUM x 1
    • List
  28. Jizznificent

29. John West

Apparently this is talking about the dimension part

Could you try to confirm ?

30. KennethLT

Ooo shit. I was looking for it. Where u got it from?