1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Allday's Tier Ranking

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Mr. All Sunday, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Mr. All Sunday

I decided to form my own tier list for Naruto, because frankly, I'm tired of seeing Itachi on the same level of the Third. >> I hope you find mine accurate, I think it could use some more tiers, because lower Tier 2 members I think are on par with some of the tier 3 characters. Anyway....

??=judging by what's been said of them

[Tier 0]: ?Hatake Sakumo?, Sandaime Hokage, Yondaime Hokage, ?Uchiha Madara?, Sandaime Kazekage

[Tier 1]: Jiraiya, Tsunade, Orochimaru, Akatsuki Leader, Shodai Hokage, Nidaime Hokage, Uchiha Itachi, ?Akatsuki Woman?, ?Zetsu?, Chiyo, Sasori, ?Yondaime Kazekage?

[Tier 2]: Hatake Kakashi, Maito Gai, Yamato, Hyuuga Hiashi, Akimichi Choza, Aburame Shibi, Yamanaka Inoichi, Nara Shikaku, Hidan, Kakuzu, Uchiha Sasuke, Kimimaro, Hoshigaki Kisame, Deidara, ?Tobi?, Kabuto, Sarutobi Asuma, Yuhi Kurenai, Baki, Shizune, Mitarashi Anko, Zabuza

[Tier 3]: Uzumaki Naruto, Aburame Shino, Nara Shikamaru, Gaara, Temari, Kankuro, Hyuuga Neji, Rock Lee, Tayuya, Jirobo, Kidomaro, Sakon, Ukon

[Tier 4]: Haruno Sakura, Hyuuga Hinata, Inuzuka Kiba, Tenten, Akimichi Choji, Yamanaka Ino

Last edited: Oct 18, 2006
    Tags:
  2. jazon7777777

I still don't understand how people can rank a character when the character has never been seen in action before.

3. The Pink Ninja

I'm not going anywhere get used to it.

And Sakura after the skip is stronger than or just as strong as everyone on your third tier saving Gaara and Naruto.

And what's up with the Sound four being higher than the Konoha 12? After the skip they'd just get thwomped.

We already have a thread on this, Go join that.

4. Woozie

Kittens die everytime someone ranks people we haven't even seen fight.

5. The Pink Ninja

Those furry little bastards have been getting an easy ride so far.

*Looses the Domo-kuns*

6. Mr. All Sunday

I apologize, I was expecting to find a general tier thread, but was unable to find one.

And I put the question marks around characters I'm just judging by their reputations or my opinions.

7. The Truth

8. Sexta Espada

Leave the Sakura fans alone. They bite. :oh

And this list is reasonable. Except you should have made more teirs, this way there would be more of a power difference and better diffierentiate the power ranks.

9. atom

How can Yondaime be stronger then the Akatsuki Leader when he is the Akatsuki Leader... Yondaime is stronger then himself? Thats an infinte loop -_-

Also, Sasori should be in Tier 0 if Sandaime Kazekage is since Sasori owned Sandaime Kazekage and made him a puppet of his whom he can use all his special techinques...

PS: Sasori owns

10. Sexta Espada

11. atom

Are you responding to my post? If so, there is no way Sasori could lose to Itachi. There is nothing Itachi could do to Sasori.

12. Lazarus

If Itachi is > Orochimaru

And Orochimaru is slightly > Sandaime (non-prime)

...It stands to reason that Itachi > Sandaime ;_;

13. LazyShikamaru200

AL is the last boss, he's the strongest character in the history of the series excluding the guy who's gonna' beat him (naruto).

And uh... let's be real here.. we all know Itachi is the devil and he'd beat sasori's ass. Stop looking at MS and realize that the kid killed a whole village full of sharingan users at age 13. Although we may like one character more than the other, the fact is that Itachi currently the second strongest character in the series like it or not. And yea, Jaraiya can kill him... NAH!!!!

15. LazyShikamaru200

16. Genesis

We haven't seen a lot of those people in action but there's already too many problems from what we do know.

Hatake Sakumo was believed to be on the level of the legendary sannin and not above them.

None of the sound four are worthy of being above any of the Rookie 9 or Team Gai since they were struggling against them pre-time skip.

You can't place chuunins such as Shikamaru over others like Sakura. They're all chuunins and Sakura would most likely beat Shika now. She's got the brains already and recently got the physical aspects to back that up. People like Temari, Kankuro and Neji are above the rest of the Rookie 9 and team Gai. Temari beat Shika pre-time skip and her rank is evidence that nothing has changed.

Sasuke is not in the same tier as people like Kisame. There's no denying that he's the strongest of the Rookie 9 and Team Gai but he can't beat an Akatsuki member especially if it takes him and Oro together to stand a chance of beating Itachi.

The AL at the moment is going to be in the highest tier since he's ordering around 9 S-class crimimnals with ease.

You can't rank Ino-Shika-Cho in there since we don't know the full extent of their capabilities and there's no reason to believe they would be in the same league as people like Kakashi and Gai.

In conclusion, too much speculation and not enough facts to back up your ranking.

17. Hagen

Tsunade should be on tier 2, i dont care if she's the hokage, you cant compare her with people like Oro or the AL
    Yeah? I cant figure out Ino, Tenten or Hinata beating Kidoumaro or Sakon/Ukon
    even now.

18. Woozie

Duh, Sasori was killed by 2 swords. Everyone has those. Ask TenTen for further details.

Anyway there are still real large gaps in the tiers...Shizune and Kisame? Uhhuh.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

19. The Pink Ninja

Hey, i should know right?
    My, the intelligence of your posting really has shot up of late. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to come back to this.

20. Cardboard Jewsuke

I would change a couple things. Like Sakura, Naruto, Sauske, Gaara, and AL are all 1 notch higher. and the Sound 4 are on the lowest tier. but otherwise pretyt much agreed.

Oh, and Sasori had the Sandaime Kazekage as a puppet, so he is either one higher, or Sandaime Kazekage is one lower...

Ya, a 1.5 and 2.5 tier could have been nice to try and filter out that crouded middle ranking (tier 2) but as it is, it's just a very big tier.

21. Woofie

This doesn't really make much sense to me. I mean, the most glaring mistake is having the Sandaime Kazekage on a tier above Sasori - Sasori killed him for crying out loud. Maybe he snuck up on him from behind, but this wasn't stated and isn't particularly likely (since it was just more hyping of Sasori basically), so they should be at the very least on the same tier, or Sasori should be higher. He had access to the Kazekage's jutsu anyway, yet this wasn't considered his trump card; he had techniques even more powerful than that.

The rest of it can't be disproven, but it is equally impossible to prove as well... it's like you just arbitrarily chose what tiers characters should go into based on where you want them to be. I mean, why can't Itachi be on the same toer as Sandaime? What proof is there that he isn't? By the time Sandaime was 50 he was considering stepping down and letting Orochimaru take over (implying that Orochimaru was stronger than him), and we know that Itachi > Orochimaru. And Yondaime, too - he was likely more powerful than Orochimaru 15 years ago (by how much is questionable though, considering Oro's bad nature was at least a factor in him not being chosen for Yondaime, if not the main one), but since then Orochimaru has gained immortality, learned jutsu such as Edo Tensei etc.

Speaking of arbitrary placements, one in particular stands out: The Akatsuki Leader. We haven't even seen the top half of his face yet, let alone seen him action, and yet you decided that he couldn't possibly be in the top tier? Why, exactly? Does his chin not look as powerful as Sandaime's?

Even more bizarrely, looking at the big picture, your top tier contains no villains. Firstly, this is extremely unlikely; apart from the main character who defeats them (i.e. Naruto), villains usually tend to be the strongest character in the series, often by some distance. If Naruto is going to prove himself to be the greatest shinobi of all time, he has to defeat one of the greatest shinobi of all time. So at least one villain should be in the top tier (probably the Akatsuki Leader), possibly even two or three.

And secondly, I think I've discovered the main flaw in your thinking - you have good guy bias. Looking further down the list, it's easy to see more evidence of this, for example putting Kisame on the same tier Anko (seriously, LOL; I'm absolutely certain that the gap between them is greater than the gap between Itachi and Sandaime) and Hidan and Kakuzu on the same tier as Asuma despite the fact that Asuma admitted "these guys are way stronger than me" and Hidan would have defeated Asuma in roughly 30 seconds if Shikamaru hadn't repeatedly saved him. And Deidara, who defeated a Kazekage, is apparently on the same tier as the likes of Anko and Chouza too... what the heck?

You've underestimated the villains of this series badly.

You've also underestimated Gaara badly if you referring to the time when he was Kazekage pre-extraction, he should be at least two tiers higher. O_o

22. Sypher

Certain characters match up better against other characters. What's also retarded is ranking characters we've never seen in action.

I also don't understand how you would justify putting Sandaime Kazekage above Sasori, since Sasori killed him and turned him into his puppet. But then if we use that logic, we would have to place Chiyo/Sakura above Sasori, except that he let himself be killed, and then it just turns into a cluster fuck. Which is why ranking is dumb.

With genin going around beating Orochimaru's elite guard, Chuunin giving Akatsuki members a run for their money, and Jounin putting up fighting displays worse than those of the genin, you can't place anyone accurately. There's always going to be a catch.

23. Woozie

I left out all the prime crap, aswell as the people who's power level we really can't know for certain.

[Tier 0]: Yondaime Hokage, AL, Orochi, Itachi

[Tier 0.5] Jiraiya, Sasori, Gaara (with Shukaku)

[Tier 1] Deidara, Hidan, Kisame, Sandaime Hokage (when he fought Orochi)

[Tier 1.5] Chiyo, Tsunade, Sasuke, Kabuto, Kakashi, Gai, Kimimaro, Yamato

[Tier 2] Hiashi, Asuma, Shibi, Chouza, Inoichi, Shikaku, Kurenai, Neji, Lee, Zabuza, Temari, Naruto (without Kyuubi shroud)

[Tier 2.5] Shizune, Anko, Sakura, Kiba, Shino, Shikamaru, Kankuro, Sound four

[Tier 3] Hinata, TenTen, Chouji, Ino

That's pretty much how I see it. The people in tier 3 are there until they prove me otherwise, which I'm pretty sure they will at some point. Pretty much everyone has a chance of beating an opponent half-tier upper than them, and some cases have a chance of beating an opponent full tier above them, because of the advantages their special ability/bloodline/skills grant to them when going against that certain opponent.

I would have already put Sasuke to tier one, but then I would have only gotten flamed, so I'll just wait and let the manga prove it to you :p

Naruto will raise one full tier after training.

Akatsuki members that are not yet to be properly introduced go in between tiers one and zero.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2006
  24. Surreal

I won't argue on the rest since it's pure speculation without proof, but how can you put Sandaime Kazekage in the same tier as Sandaime when he was defeated, guted and turned into a fucking puppet by the guy who is supposed to be a tier below him?
    Btw, Sakumo was said to be on par with the Sannin, he can't be above them, esspecialy all we have is reputation.

Tiers and strentgh should be determined trough fights and/or correlation between the facts. Actually, they shouldn't be determined at all but since that seems to be everybodys favorite past-time...
    If you don't have any of that...how can you rank anybody?

Uciha Madara? Hatake Sakumo? Zetsu? The female Akatsuki?
    Like, wtf?

25. 4ghost

その親父さんの前では"伝説の三人"の名すらかすむほどだった。
    with his old man around, even the name of "the legendary three" would sound less significant.

The translation from the scanlation is misleading.

26. Turin Turambar

Seems like everytime Sakumo's name comes up, so does the mistranslation. Well even when properly translated, people here still take things out of context.

27. Haohmaru

tier 1:
    itachi, (prolly AL), (4th before death).

tier 2:
    oro, jiraiya, some aka, (3rd), (mk), (gaara full shukaku)

tier 3:
    sasuke, gaara, rest of the aka, tsunade

tier 4:
    kakashi, gai, kabuto

tier 5:
    asuma, sand jounin with half face covered, neji, sakura

something like this. itachi seems to be untouchable atm, 4th was in this category before death, AL could be, doesnt have to.

jiraiya and oro along with maybe some aka members are the best thing going so far below itachi and the 4th when he was alive, and maybe AL.

also if shukaku was fully released hed prolly be in the first tier along wiith 4th and itachi, kyuubi is even higher than that.

p.s. nice list woozie.

28. atom

How can you say Sasori is weaker then Orochimaru? They are AT LEAST the same. If not Sasori stronger. (In his current state i'm pretty sure Sasori would win). Also, Sasori could beat Gaara easily and Yondaime Hokage easily. And Itachi..... maybe AL.. Crazy it may sound but from what we have 'seen' Sasori would easily pwn Itachi and Yondaime Hokage. And have a good fight with Orochimaru.

29. Splyte

kiba is most definantly not in the lowest tier, move him up one and you are good. ^_^

30. KuwabaraTheMan

Tier 1: Kabuto, Orochimaru, Jiraiya, Tsunade, Akatsuki Leader, Sasori, Sarutobi, Sakumo
    Tier 2: Itachi, Kisame, Deidara, Hidan, Kakuzu, Zetsu, Hiashi, Gaara(pre-extraction), Gai with 6 Gates, 1st, 2nd and 4th Hokage
    Tier 3: Tobi, Shizune, Asuma, Kakashi, Gai, 3 Tails Naruto, Sasuke, Chouji w/ 3 pills
    Tier 4: Neji, Inoichi, Shikaku, Chouza, Shibi, Tsume, Lee with 5 Gates, 2 Tails Naruto, Temari, Kankurou, Chouji with 2 Pills
    Tier 5: All Special Jounin, Lee w/0 weights, Naruto, Kiba, Chouji, Sai
    Tier 6: Lee w/ weights, Iruka, Sakura, Ino, Hinata
    Tier 7: Tenten, Konohamaru, Moegi, Udon, Hanabi