1. NF staff is currently looking to add new advisors. We are pulling from all areas of the site. If you're interested, feel free to create a Staff Conference Room thread to discuss the details. Click here for more general info and discussion.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

Mafia Alley Wars: Episode IV - A New Mod[GAME THREAD]

Discussion in 'The Alley' started by Melodie, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Sequester Not the hero The Alley needs, but the hero The Alley deserves

The coveted Leeroy stamp of approval, congrats @Superman.

2. It was me nighty! 「nani the fuck」

Yeah I wasnt a fan of how the gifted wagon was forming and looking at the votes like this I can forsure say there was something going on with them. Whatever heat was on him definitely wasnt as bad as him getting 15~ votes in not only the span of a few hours but also during the opening moments of the phase. Either scum was trying to take advantage of his stupidity or he was getting bussed? I can't really tell cause his autism just obfuscated everything related to him :trinny

but he's gonna (hopefully) get modkilled with avito so I dont think we really need to worry about him and should probably look into one of the other coasters:

tensa, i townread him initially but im not sure now.
    kami, not a fan of him talking about someone should play in a game and what scummy behavior is and then he does it himself.
    lewd though im pretty sure this is like his first real mafia game and he's just dumb/bad. But if hes just using that as an excuse to coast i wouldnt be surprised. he def requires more pressure.
    sequester isnt playing like i expected him to.
    everlong is just incredibly sus and everytime i wanna give him and his play style the benefit of the doubt it gets harder to do every time I read his interactions.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018 at 10:16 AM
  3. Babby <b><font size="4" color="red">God of Lewd</font></b>

Alright so my yet incomplete scum list that unfortunately will not be as detailed and immense as our lord and savior makes them

Gifted - I mean is there really anything to say about this? He's an idiot and even if theres a 3% chance of him actually being town with a role that requires him to force a lynch on him I doubt he is intelligent enough to put up this whole ruse, this is also further proven right by comments from other players like @Didi who had past mafia experience with him.

Lewd - Failure to comply to Ava and in general very poor attempt at defending himself leads me to think he is scum, but on the other hand I also know Lewd (from our past interactions before he got modded) so I do have an insight in how he behaves and acts, does this warrant less suspicion? Probably not, but I can also understand why he didn't want to straight up reveal his role because we had scenario's in previous Wad bastard games where an indie's wincon was learning every role. Depending on how he plays the remaining hours of D2 I will decide weather or not to vote for him tomorrow, but so far I am 50/50 about him. In general though if he continues this very passive playstyle of his he should probably do a full role reveal so we can see if his abilities are at least useful (Sorta similar to my playstyle when I was a Cop, I wasn't exactly the strongest at scum hunting in general but after revealing my role and working together with the rest of the town we almost won)

Virus - Still not sure if he is completely town, the way he's posting and acting here (D1) doesn't really sound like usual Virus and i dont believe his role (Which I think was Fang?) requires him to act like that since Fang himself doesn't act that way. I think Virus (If we actually get rid of both Gifted and Lewd without any major issues from the Horsemen) is a safe bet for an immediate lynch unless we find someone even more suspicious.

Dr. White - Way too cryptic for the Whitey I remember from CB 1 and 2, even his method of figuring out I'm scum in CB 1 was more... refined. He isn't really giving a lot especially messages like 'Remember this day phase' or something along those lines. I am not familiar with his scum playstyle but I am familiar with his town playstyle and this doesn't seem to be it (Unless in 89 pages there was a huge tl;dr by him but I haven't seen it myself so)

Everschlong - For once I actually agree with him about something, Everschlong's playstyle and his Ava vote were pretty redundant and, the most curious thing, he didn't trip as much as I expected when questioned by JJ, which usually would make me think someone is town and is sure about themselves, but since I also know Everschlong I can say that it is well within the realm of possibility that he's scum.

The following people are just on my scum meter based on how they generally are acting this game

Tensa (Ashi) - Haphazard way of communicating with the rest of us and not really doing anything of note, he might be doing something during the night phases but so far it's been pretty so/so with him.

RevanReborn - Pretty much like Tensa but instead of making multiple small posts I recall him making a sizable one where he tried to justify his absence.

Cobe - I don't really know but I recall someone chain linking his posts earlier and they were vague and pointless at best, shit like 'So we are lynching JJ?', like come on even I put in more effort than that.

If I had to take a guess from all of this who the Horsemen are (Also assuming they work independently from one another, something that when I was a Horseman in CB1 was not the case) It's like this

Nataly - Famine
    Everlong - War
    Gifted - Death
    Dr. White - Pestilence (Conquest?)

Please note this list is purely my gut feeling, something that's been known to be a double edged sword in my case.

4. Fang Titan

- One: I went on saying Gifted claim to kill me in Night 1 because he literally says he tried to kill me, unless he was talking about who he thought was the "Fang" role (you can check on the early pages after Night 1 ends and this day phase starts)
    - Two: I don't like him and I suspect a lot MORE people don't like Gifted for exactly this sort of mental breakdown which he always seems to have in Mafia games from what I've observed (starting from when he came in as a replacement player/sub in I think Wad's first Alley Mafia game) and he was a policy lynch for me on principle

- Three: As for me, I don't know and don't care what the lynch on Gifted will flip and reveal him as. I don't care if he comes up as town, independent, or mafia. I don't like him. And even if he does flip as mafia or indie, I know that won't clear me as town because like I said in point two here, he's a policy lynch on principle for me.

- Four: My current reads for non-town specifically with the top three are Lewd, Everlong, and Dr. White. White isn't acting his normal self, Lewd is questionable based on some of his posts and behavior, and Everlong is unusually quieter then normal.

Also hard yikes at everything I missed. Was gonna mass quote Gifted posts before his b& but I don't see the point now. :naruramen

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Lewd Lewd x 1
    • List
  5. Babby <b><font size="4" color="red">God of Lewd</font></b>

And if someone is finding something incoherent in that post please forgive me but past two days I barely had combined sleep of 10 hours.

6. It was me nighty! 「nani the fuck」

Oh yeah Fang, I can agree. I literally shitposted in the mafia section that everyone there was bad and he started legit sperging :mjlol I've never liked him since and I can actually tried to give him a chance even with all the shit threads he been posting in the alley but jfc he's a bona fide autist

that being said I don't see if it's worth it if we can bank on him getting modkilled

7. Babby <b><font size="4" color="red">God of Lewd</font></b>

Also Jojo is scum

Fuck you for once I'm going to say this to you instead of vice versa :ufdup

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. Didi Vice President of NF

ye I hope no one wants to replace into his now awful spot and we just get a double whammy that way (post d2 replacements are :camby tier anyway)

9. Fang Titan

Like I said, we saw this from how he acted in Wad's first mafia game for the Alley, how he acts in the mafia section from what I was told, and how he was acting in the current DB mafia one too. If he plays in future games, he's gonna be the new Cubey to me and I'll always day 1 vote lynch him or night kill him on principle. :naruramen

10. It was me nighty! 「nani the fuck」

Babby im trying very hard to not reiatsu crush you :camby

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. It was me nighty! 「nani the fuck」

12. Babby <b><font size="4" color="red">God of Lewd</font></b>

You are both down, yes

13. Fang Titan

14. Babby <b><font size="4" color="red">God of Lewd</font></b>

Okay dad

15. Chloe President of NF

Portugal
    what didi said, plus i don’t like how fast the wagon happened

16. Gin the Nighty Well-Known Member

17. Babby <b><font size="4" color="red">God of Lewd</font></b>

:tiredpepe

18. Nighty the Flat Earther Well-Known Scientist

You are completely wrong here buddy, except that you are right that my role doesn't require me to act like Fang.

• List
  19. Gin the Nighty Well-Known Member

what the fuck do you want from me you imbecilic sack of vaginal discharge :noah

20. Babby <b><font size="4" color="red">God of Lewd</font></b>

:peepofeels

21. Night the do what though? Sugar is sweet and so is honey

Kinda hard to overlook him claiming scum and trying to bus people, passing this all off as part of the role. Not to mention the hostility he brought to the game. Kinda reminds me of how Superman goes when he's being spiteful - particularly the first Alley game I played with him. If I recall correctly, Supes was mafia that time too.

22. Fang Titan

23. Gin the Nighty Well-Known Member

don't even try that shit with me you little bitch, you'd better sit the fuck back down unless you actually want to be verbally annihilated in front of all these fine individuals :drake

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  24. Babby <b><font size="4" color="red">God of Lewd</font></b>

That could be multiple people

25. Nighty the Kawaii ^_^ Yaaaaay

Nah I just gave my reasoning as to why I didn’t think she was scum, her being slow to make any judgements is usual gameplay even as town

It’s not like I campaigned against her lynch or smth

26. Chloe President of NF

Portugal
    i mean he’s already the majority, there’s no point in me changing (imo)

27. jayjay³² Drug Addict

I understand why you're having a hard time believing this from a game design perspective, but if more experienced players believe that this is how SK's role is designed (myself, Didi in particular), then it's a major red flag for you to disregard it so casually and sign off on this day phase simply because "Gifted played scummy" - it's literally part of the fucking role to make 2 scummy posts a day phase and claim scum mates - and both of these things are SK memes.

As @JoJo said, the Gifted wagon is far too suspicious. It's clearly an opportunistic lynch and the votes were too easily obtained. If people want to lynch Gifted, they can, but I assure you that their vote will be used against them in future cycles.

It is far better to lynch a coaster this phase, like Lewd, Everlong, Larcher, Babby, Seraphoenix, or Gin. We learned everything about Gifted's entire role, he's banned, and his claim makes sense. Voting for Gifted is a stupid idea, don't make me repeat it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    • List
  28. Nighty the Kawaii ^_^ Yaaaaay

I already pointed out earlier that Gifted went from sussing Natty to actually defending her

The last few quotes (the post I made awhile back where I looked into to his posts) contradict each other

He clearly hasn’t made up his mind playwise and is all wishy-washy

29. jayjay³² Drug Addict

Inexcusable to not use your D1 vote for your highest scum read. The inactivity doesn't help your case, although I've liked your posts.

• List
  30. jayjay³² Drug Addict

What do you not understand? This is apart of his SK role, it's been established for at least 100 posts. Say something stupid again and I promise you I'm changing my vote.