1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Always had this question

Discussion in 'Naruto Dub Discussion' started by AsHyLaRrY7o7, Oct 31, 2005.

1. AsHyLaRrY7o7 the ashiest of all naruto fans

ok i've wondered for awhile but how come when they dub animes..they take out alot of the blood stuff..i mean yea they;ve shown blood in some parts..but i've seen the originals of like other animes that are dubbed and the non dubbed one is alot bloddier..does anyone knoe y?

Tags:
  2. TenshiOni Active Member

Because censorship is more stricter state-side.

3. conceptz Fox Mulder

and in Canada =) we live in igloos.

4. OniTasku [Weeabro for life]

Typically, when it comes to the United States and Canada, they're a bit "up-tight" about censorship and what is shown on television to the general public. In the United States for example, many believe that morals should be reflected on the media (though those who live in the US probably have a good laugh at that). Censorship of media in the US is a bit hypocritical at times. It has been decided that children should not be able to see such content on specific times as it might "irreputably damage" them in some way.

I've honestly never liked the policies in which the US has upheld (though hypocritical at times, again). It's just the way society functions in the US and Canada for the most part.

5. conceptz Fox Mulder

agreed, now let's go play some GTA.

6. Razgriez Banned

The FCC commands it.

7. Viciousness on a Forums Break

Cuz the FCC is filled with soccer mom fearing pussies.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2005
  8. DevilB0i Banned

They dont want to show the little kids that are watching it because they have nightmare.

9. OniTasku [Weeabro for life]

Only if you promise me we can go and kill some policemen and minorities. =P

Edit: It's a joke, don't take that seriously.

10. Weltallgaia Demon of Elru

actually according to jack thompson thats the new national pastime because of violent video games.

11. DarkWarrior I was supersaiyanvegeta!

Blood shows injuries which is realistic and a fact of life. However it is deemed that the injury itself can be the indication of such and doesn't need gushing blood.

Gushing blood is seen as more unsightly than just a colour stain, despite its origin (i.e. the nose).

Its like they won't show weapons entering. You see Kakashi has stabbed Zabuza clone but can't see the actual entry point and I don't think the entrance itself. I used to htink it was just that you couldn't show it on kids (Like Narutos hand stab) which would make sense in the West since parents aren't expected to be parents any more and if their kids go around hand stabbing themselves, then its Narutos fault, not the parents.

However they did the same with Zabuza so I'd guess kids aren't allowed to see lethal force used.

12. AsHyLaRrY7o7 the ashiest of all naruto fans

haha see thats dum when i think bout it..first off to me its a cartton..who cares if theres blood or not..its not truly that sick...especially when movies are somewhat worse and theres GTA out there! makes no sense to me

13. Chaotic Diplomat Level 2 World Dictator (whaha)

Toonami dubbed it. Tonami dosen't show blood at all, I mean Naruto is the only show on Toonami to actually show blood. Toonami is on Cartoon Network meaning little kids watch, If little kids are watching why would they show alot of blood? Little kids are little whinners and would probally cry to there moms or have nightmares.(probally the moms would sew...but of topic)

If they showed alot of blood it would be rated somewhere around the lines of a TV-14 rating meaning it would be on Adult Swim (the funny shows). Think of all the people who would miss out on it and not be on this forum right now or even heard of Naruto.

14. hikaranko yaruttebayo!!

I give Naruto a TV-14 rating. It's a violent show. there's a whole motherload of fights. CN should have realized that.

which is why I say that Naruto needs to move to Adult Swim. Cartoon Network still has time to move it there, but they better hurry up. i'm expecting a time slot change by the end of the bridge arc.

15. Chaotic Diplomat Level 2 World Dictator (whaha)

Man I really hope that dosen't happen. I wont have time to watch it then. To much crap to do around midnight. If they move it I might jsut have to illegaly download it from here.

16. Shiron BOING!!!

?
    Toonami didn't dub it all. Viz Media did. Toonami is just the block of Cartoon Network that airs the dub.

17. Chaotic Diplomat Level 2 World Dictator (whaha)

Thats a hair bit off topic.

Any ways sorry I said Tonnami dubbed it. Your right it was Viz Media. ( I hate being wrong)

18. shingen Banned

what can i say on n toons they show blood and guts on toonami they only show alittle blood

19. Amatsu Jammin' with whole wheat bread

Then again it's also hypocritical because American TV tends to allow AMERICAN shows to get away with a heck of a lot more than Japanese anime's. After all when was the last time you saw Super Soaker's and Hammer Guns and crap in The Batman, the new TMNT, and such?

20. AsHyLaRrY7o7 the ashiest of all naruto fans

yea its on toonami..but now they have "uncut" dbz on again..and that is showin more blood and stuff..so maybe they are chagin little by little...if theres fights like in naruto..blood should just be put it in..its natural..i think kids see worse at school cause theres always trips and falls that kids get pretty bad wounds with plenty of blood..so why not just see it on a cartoon...haha but thats just my opinion lol

21. icoselitham Lost

Actually they've only cencored flowing blood in Naruto to make it suitable for young audience. I don't know the actual rating but maybe PG-10? Anyways all anime dubs arn't cencored. If you stay up just a little longer till 11:30 after naruto is over Full Metal Alchemist will be on and there is a whole lot of blood and cussing. This is because the rating is PG-14.

22. Devking .: { U l t i m a t a } :.

In America, the Naruto TV Show is rated TV-PG, so they need to take out stuff to be able to keep it at that low rating. In Japan, everything is original and freshly aired. In Japan, no one cares about the detail of blood and cursing, but in the US, the people want to keep television clean so that kids can watch it without being "bad". Are you keeping up with me? If not, too bad for you. If so, you must be a nerd if you are actually reading my horrible reply.

23. AsHyLaRrY7o7 the ashiest of all naruto fans

i just don't get how censoring an anime with its core aspect revolvin around violence should be censored at all...but i do get makin it a pg ratin for kids...but like i said..theres way more violence out in the real world that they see and in movies and other kinds of entertainment that censorin an anime that is basically all violence just doesn't make sense..to me it takes away from the enjoyment of seein a fight and all that actiony stuff but i guess if its pg..make it like that

24. ExAzrael Blue and Gold

Wrong. Viz/Shopro dubbed it.And honestlym kids these days would think it cool to see blood in the shows. It's the moms who would have a fit. (Toonami is an early teen block) Personally, I feel Naruto is between Toonami and Adult Swim. It's a bit too mature for Toonami(but the maturity level of Toonami is changing just by having this show on the air), but is not an Adult show. It has the same target audience in Japan as it does state-side. But as others have said, the states for more strict on what goes into a kid's show.

You also have to realize that Ren and Stimpy aired a LONG time ago, in TV years. It came on back when Nick and TV in general were a bit more lax on everything. It's only been recently that there has been souch a divide between adult and youth programming.(Blood, guts, swearing, sex in adult shows, None at all of that in most youth shows)

Now if you're reffering to Ren and Stimpy is still airing on the nicktoons channel, you are right, it is still shown. However the Nicktoons channel is a satellite-only channel that you have to pay to get, at least in my area. So they can be more lax on those "premium" channels. But when Nickelodeon itself aired R&S, they got in trouble multiple times, and eventually had to take it off the air. This is the same fate that befell Invader Zim.

25. Muffin_ Embot the Fembot

Lets buy and kill some hookers while we?re at it.

(LOL)

The US has some strange policies but I'm glad I get to watch Naruto at all. I know a lot of people are hating in US Naruto because of the small amount of editing. Yes yes, they cut out the nose bleeds, omgz I might have been minutely amused for a second but on the grand scale I enjoyed it regardless. I heard someone say that they don?t say ?kill? but maybe if you watched the show you would know naruto says ?kill? in the first episode. So things don?t translate exactly how you want them to. I speak english and french (learning russian) Things never translate perfectly. So far what I have seen on toonami hasn't been butchered, edited, cut so drastically that it jeopardized the integrity of the show. :amuse

Last edited: Nov 2, 2005
  26. Burningstar4 New Member

They should've just set naruto uncut like DBZ uncut(which is on cartoon network not adult swim)
    DBZ is like..actually uncut it shows vegeta stick the middle finger n stuff...i was like o.o

still they censor naruto way2 much.

27. Devking .: { U l t i m a t a } :.

You made my brain hurt...
    At least what you said is sort of true, though...

28. blind51de Banned

Just try to imagine how things were in the late 90's with DBZ, then realize how minor editing these days is NOTHING AT ALL IN COMPARISON.

29. Devking .: { U l t i m a t a } :.

lol that's very true, but i watch DBZ Uncut

30. blind51de Banned

Or just look at Dub Piece. There you go.