1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Analysis: Kabuto was always holding back his real power by respect for Orochimaru.

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Banned Uchiha Itachi, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Banned Uchiha Itachi Banned

To counter -GoW- bullshit.

"But I... I never attempted to surpass Orochimaru-sama"

Kabuto was always holding back his real power, to not surpass the Master he respected.

"a greatness meant to be surpassed by me"

Kabuto always had the potential to surpass Orochimaru, and in order to not feel guilty for surpassing the man he respected the most, he will to fulfil that potential "along with orochimaru", as if that eye surgery made him a rebirth Orochimaru. That way he no longer feels like betraying his master, he feels like he's making Orochimaru greater than ever.

This is mostly psychanalysis. In order to release his real power and surpass even Orochimaru, Kabuto needs to feel like he's doing it only to increase the power and greatness of his former master. Only that way he can be at peace and not feel like he's betraying him.

Tags:
  2. breakbeat oratory bamboleo.

Eh, I can understand that point of view, but I don't think that's the only reason.
    I think, as well as honoring his master, he's using him as a motivation to better himself.
    If a man as great as Orochimaru is a part of him, there's no way he can fail (at least that's how he see's it)

3. Fenix Pie Vendor

dumb thread, flamebait

4. AbnormallyNormal 1 + 2 + 3 = 1 * 2 * 3

hell yeah, kabuto never really unleashed himself against oro, because unlike that punk sasuke, kabuto has RESPECT for elders with great ideas

5. Neji48972 I do want a custom title

Maybe he really has the legendary old blood flowing in his veins.

6. Bender Bite my shiny metal ass!

I think this is kinda blowing this way out proportion. Kabuto does not have THAT much respect for his elders if you notice how bitchy he was being with Kakashi when he was questioning him. Kabuto isn't that strong but It's possible since he said Orochimaru was all he had and It is very possible he could,ve been holding back.

But hell we,ll see.

7. Divinstrosity Itachi: God Of The Gods.

I don't think that means he was holding back. I think it means what it said - he wasn't as strong as Orochimaru, and never made any attempt's to surpass him ...... but he is going to now.

8. argon ----

So, when he got blasted away by the Kyuubi, it was because he was holding back.. when Naruto rasengan'd him and he said he had no more chakra left after healing himself.. it was because he didn't want to show Orochimaru up.

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGHT

The man said it himself, he had no ambitions other than serving Orochimaru, and it wasn't until Orochimaru was dead that he had this realization and decided to go down this path.

9. Divinstrosity Itachi: God Of The Gods.

Uchiha Itachi, I had no idea you were such a Kabutotard. Maybe it's time for a username change, eh?

10. shintebukuro Well-Known Member

What does he mean by "finding a new me" then?

11. Kingnaruto blah blah blah

Kabuto is da man hands up to praise KABUTO!!!!!

12. tictactoc can your soul handle it ?

When Uchiha Itachi says that Kabuto was holding back, he's not saying that he was not using his real power because of his respect for Orochimaru. He means that Kabuto never used his whole potential, until now

13. Delta Shell The Pose of Love, people..

Let's just face it, Kabuto is freaking pathetic. He didn't surpass Orochimaru because he couldn't.

The only way he stood a chance of being as powerful as Orochimaru was to become him, now that's just low.

14. CM Pope The Holy Father

Kabuto never attempted to surpass Orochimaru because he knew it wouldn't happen under his own power.

Sasuke sorta surpassed a dying Orochimaru with the Curse Seal and lots of training from the man himself which Kabuto didn't have. Kabuto was only ever as strong as Kakashi (pre-timeskip) and Orochimaru considered him to be less than shit. The only way Kabuto could surpass Orochimaru is get Jutsu's as awesome as his; Edo Tensei and Fushi Tensei to name the best...which he wasn't going to get.

Oh and for Sasuketards - Sasuke never surpassed Orochimaru.

15. jirochimaru I am the vengeance of Bane

I bet Kabut0 did some nasty experimental surgical procedure on himself. Is that really necessary? To put Oro's eye into his face? Now he's like Kakashi with the eye thing but no sharingan but snake-eyes. Or, maybe he sewed-in more than just the eye...It would be cool if he also got the tongue. Now that's hard-core to me. If he did that, then Kabuto will be up a notch in many of our books, so to speak.

Indeed, all point to the conclusion that Kabuto has lost it. He lived in orochimaru-sama's shadow for so long he forgot who he was. A nobody. Now, when Orochimaru-sama is gone, he attempts to live on his miserable life by incorporating a dead man's body part into his own otherwise non-defective mug. Now he's never gonna get any girls. In the "normal" way at least...

16. Bender Bite my shiny metal ass!

This is Kabutardance dude wait for the next chapter.

17. Yakushi Kabuto Socks Activate! Shape of a

No, never saw Kabuto as holding back. If he respected Orochimaru and wanted the Sannin to look his way he would have wanted to display the most power he could. His line to mean simply meant that he never worked to improve himself for his own benefit, but instead worked for the benefit of others, like Orochimaru.

18. Kyuubi Naruto Hounds of Justice

Eh, no that's not what it means.

It means he respected Orochimaru and even though he had the potential and knowledge to surpass Orochimaru he never attempted it because of his respect for Oro. Now because Naruto's changed him and he's a new Kabuto he's going to realize his potential to finally surpass Orochimaru.

19. Mukuro Death B4 A Million ?

So you are saying Kabuto lives for Orochimaru forever? Another Kimimaro?

20. yelin Member

And hows that any different from Sasuke becoming oro's Dog by getting the curse seal? Similar cases but seems like people have double standards.

Anyways back on topic, Kabuto's definitely getting more interesting, time for Kishi to show us something new he can do.

21. vagnard Well-Known Member

CS draws your own chakra. It isn't an external source of power.

22. -Dargor- -I survived the fillers-

I agree with OP.

It would seem kabuto has some backstory we don't know about...

23. Banned Uchiha Itachi Banned

Yes it would seem so.

This chapter proved that Kabuto was really loyal to Orochimaru, even tho his allegience could really be doubted before. Kabuto is living only for Orochimaru-sama, much like Kimi, much like Haku (for Zabuza).

Except he no longer considers himself a mere tool, he considers himself as the rebirth of Orochimaru, and the one that will allow Orochimaru to be even greater.

24. Odlam Team 7 4 Life

Yeppers.

Actually Kimmimaro is the best comparison, in his desire for Orochimaru to possess his body and take Oro to a new height of strength.

Kabuto has basically put Orochimaru into his body, and is going to train himself to take Orochimaru's power to greater heights. He basically thinks of himself as the new incarnation of Orochimaru. Orochimaru 2.0.

25. Sannom Member

Hum I agree with you, but not totally. Kabuto was loyal to Orochimaru and had some sentimental link with Oro, but different than Kimimaro's one. Oro was a god for Kimimaro, he was a master and a "home" for Kabuto. I think that the "home" part has driven Kabuto to think that he will never be able tu surpass Oro (nor that he wanted to surpass him), and so he "hold back" uncousciously. And now, Oro is dead, and with the example of Naruto, he is trying to surpass the one who put a big shadow on his life.

26. Banned Uchiha Itachi Banned

If you want a DBZ analogy, Oro = Vegeta and Kabuto = Trunks

Trunks knew he was stronger than his father but he couldn't afford to show it to his father because he was afraid to hurt Vegeta's pride.

27. vagnard Well-Known Member

Bad analogy because at the end Trunks wasn't stronger. It was just Vegeta realized the problems of the ssj Sai ni Dankai. It was implied that Vegeta could reach this transformation but knew it was useless because the lose of speed.

28. Shidoshi Cross Marian: Ninjai's Father

If Kabuto held a greater power than Orochimaru, he would have surpassed him, regardless of whether or not he was holding anything back.

In that case, he would have said "I never attempted to show Orochimaru that I surpassed him".

Misinterpretation.

29. Shiron BOING!!!

Yup, pretty much. That's how I interpreted it, at least.

30. Lelouch71 Zero

Gohan and Goku in the Cell Games would be a better example
    Goku=Oro and Gohan=Kabuto in this relationship