1. Due to an update, many default preferences have changed.

If you have any issues, such as unrequested email notifications or following threads you didn't want to follow, then check your setting here.
  2. Stop Scrolling! We changed our address to narutoforums.org

Please add the URL to bookmarks on your PC and phone.

More details can be found here. Feel free to ask any question.
  3. Give your waifu the ultimate gift - being crowned the most popular waifu on NF by helping her win in Senjou’s “NF Waifu Popilarity Contest”

Feeling extra confident? You can now bet on your Waifu as well for fun forum prizes here

Come on with everything your waifu does for, you should do this for your waifu.
  4. Impending Naruto Avenue Reorganisation!

Want to learn more? Wish to chime in? Click here.
  5. Avatar upgrade for members!
    All normal members can now have 175x250 avatars.
    Read more about it here.
  6. "Are you a Messi or Ronaldo fanboy? Come and nominate them and more of your favorite players in NF's UEFA Champions League Awards!

If your nominees win, you could win points for cool forum prizes!

Click here to play :) .
  7. The latest NF Newsletter is out (October), read it here

And... yet... further evidence marijuana cures cancer.

Discussion in 'The NF Covfefé' started by Sanity Check, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Sanity Check away fighting dragons

2. CrazyMoronX Old Man

If it cured cancer people wouldn't have cancer.

I wish it did though, I'd be rich with my stock. :iria

3. Sanity Check away fighting dragons

If anti-depressants cured depression, ppl wouldn't have depression. :ho

C wut I did thar? :ho

Spoiler:
    absolutely nothing! :ho

4. CrazyMoronX Old Man

5. sworder    

Hard to believe but whatever takes to legalize it, I approve.

They should find out how many people die of cancer yearly in Netherlands.

6. Karsh In medias res

I just recently read an article about how it can increase psychosis :awesome

Personally I understand it's medicinal qualities in a strict and controlled manner if it has to do with a serious illness and that would help.
    Otherwise it's just an excuse to get high.

7. Sanity Check away fighting dragons

Manufacturers of chemotherapy products realize a marijuana based cancer treatment is a threat to their billion dollar industry.

They pay someone willing to whore out their academic credibility dollars and cents to release a "study" saying marijuana use results in a 0.00001% higher chance of developing psychosis.

Surprising though it may seem when there are billions of dollars on the line people make up BS and lie. Business mirrors politics all too well. :ho

8. First Tsurugi M O T I V A T E D

Your source is just as biased if not more so, and they also have an obvious agenda.

Really? Are you kidding me?

9. Sanity Check away fighting dragons

Tons of studies and research data concluding cannabis has anti-tumor properties (and therefore anti-cancer properties) dating back to the 1970's... :ho

(study back in 2004)

(Harvard study back in 2007)

What's different about the source I posted, is its the first time someone has tried to market it as a legitimate treatment backed by legitimate medical research, etc.

Whether the FDA approves it or shoots it down will be huge.

10. Cthulhu-versailles The Luckiest Man in Agrabah

Correlation=/Causation=/Cure=/NO it ain't a miracle drug.

Next.

:amuse

11. Sanity Check away fighting dragons

There is no treatment reference to causation nor correlation in regard to curing uncurable diseases.

You don't get rid of AIDs or herpes by accident. :ho

12. First Tsurugi M O T I V A T E D

If you're going to criticize one side for promoting studies that favor their agendas but spare these guys even though they're doing the same exact thing that makes you a hypocrite.

13. Tsukiyomi Crazy Cyborg Monkey

You are aware cancer can go into spontaneous remission right? So even if its true that these people started recovering from cancer that doesn't necessarily mean that breathing in bits of burning leaves and paper cured them.

14. Sanity Check away fighting dragons

I'm not criticizing anyone for promoting studies. I'm criticizing them for fabricating false studies.

Medical studies conducted from the 1960's onwards say otherwise.

15. Xion 終わり

I wonder what combination of drugs doesn't increase some future health risk. I wonder for that matter what of anything doesn't increase some health risk.

My point? Who the fuck cares? Let people get high if they want. The bullshit excuses to keep things illegal ultimately do far more societal harm than good.

16. First Tsurugi M O T I V A T E D

And who are you to dismiss studies as being "fabricated"?

17. makeoutparadise I will have my revenge

one should always wonder with such breaking new studies
    "has this scientific study been peer reviewed?"
    "Are these findings published in an academic journal?"

if not be weary IMO

18. BassGS Banned

19. BassGS Banned

Do you mean when someone get treated all the cancer cells are destroyed but there is a chance it will return? Or do you mean they randomly come and go? Is there a reason for that.

20. First Tsurugi M O T I V A T E D

The study linking Cannabis with psychosis was published in the British Medical Journal and involved researchers from the Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, and the UK.

That makes it seem more legitimate than this study.

21. Sanity Check away fighting dragons

I'll show you one aspect of what makes that study crapola. :ho

1.) Time Frame:

Their baseline and follow up interviews aren't at regular intervals like they should be. Instead, they're closer to exponential which is weird.

2.) Frequency:

So, basically... according to this "study", IF you smoke marijuana only 5 times over a 5 year period, your chances for getting psychosis "double"?

Does that sound farfetched?

22. BassGS Banned

23. Sanity Check away fighting dragons

Having a potential cure for cancer isn't a good enough reason to call BS on fake studies that are so obviously fabricated / biased? :ho

(Well, not obvious to people like you who may not be very bright. But, to me, it does appear somewhat obvious...If you have a problem with that, I have 100$ that says you're wrong. What do you have?)

24. Karsh In medias res

If you guys want to get high and defend that by raging at conspiracy theories it is none of my business and you can do it all you like. :hurr
    Again, I am not against it for medicinal purposes, my point is that to legalize it raises the idiocy factor in society and that's from personal experience.
    Everyone is different also when it comes to tolerance and results, but just like alcohol, I wouldn't want to hang out with someone who uses, since it changes the person that I know into someone completely different and I personally don't find it cool or fun.

25. Bryan Paulsen Fitness Q and A

The potential medical uses of cannabinoids are significant, marijuana to a lesser extent due to having complicating health variables in comparison to the former, and none of this has anything to do with the vast majority of marijuana advocates actual concerns.

The vast majority of people have zero problem with any substance being examined/used for medical purposes, so propaganda threads for medical marijuana are transparent in actual purpose.

Here's a hint to you fools that use marijuana's medical potential as an argument to introduce the idea of legalization for personal use: see steroids.

And the confirmation bias demonstrated by the thread-starter is ridiculous.

26. Talon. Headshot tatertot

27. Sanity Check away fighting dragons

The only real difference between a cannabinoid extract and a marijuana plant is... you can patent one of them & you can't patent the other. Your OMG the secret, hidden, boogeyman marijuana effect will get you, isn't fazing me. :ho Truth be told, I don't smoke, drink or bother with things like weed. What do you have other than some lame pop culture stereotype that says I'm some poor weed dependent soul looking to leverage this to my own advantage?

Opium derived painkillers, their addictiveness and their propensity to cause people to overdose and die? Tell me how people like you completely ignore these maluses and negative effects while you drone on and on about the potential for marijuana to cause "psychosis" in studies that even you seem unwilling to defend.

Confirmation bias? Tell me more, plz. Mr. expert. :ho

edit:

Well, I know how fond americans are of quoting the founding fathers.... Here:

Anyway, this has absolutely nothing to do with legalization. What interests me is how poeple blindly attack medical marijuana despite the mountains of evidence and medical data to the contrary. And also, the tendency for people to believe in these vacuous "studies" that say if you smoke marijuana today, you'll "get psychosis" in 10 years. :ho

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  28. Xion 終わり

Yeah let's continue to ruin lives and throw people in jail over a largely harmless plant. That surely is a little thing compared to this "dumbing down" of society you see vaguely linked to using a drug.

Honestly the only "idiocy factor" here is from people who are against legalizing it, considering every single piece of logical evidence pretty much points right toward legalization. You have to be pretty ignorant to think otherwise. Considering your only evidence is anecdotal, I think I made my point.

Amen. But alas young people use those dangerous research chemicals as a substitute for the much safer marijuana. Oh society, how you have failed your youth. :(

29. Patchouli <b><font color="navy"; size="4";>pleb</b></font>

Smell ya' later.

30. -Dargor- -I survived the fillers-

This can sum up pretty much every cannabis article that's come out the past 10 years.

At least in the 70s they didn't try to disguise it and try to gain approval :pek