1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

Angels and Demons and the Da Vinci Code

Discussion in 'Reader's Corner' started by Night_Rain, Mar 18, 2005.

Which Book Do You Like Most?

1. Angels and Demons

54.2%
  2. Da Vinci Code

45.8%
  1. Night_Rain Water Elemental

First off: The Konoha Bookstore is really desolate... it didn't even reach one page of threads...

Ok back to the point:
    These books are good if you want mystery and history combined and it starts off with a murder. Well anyway, for those that have read Dan Brown's books I want to know which one that you liked best.

For me it has to be Angels and Demons because the ambigrams are soooo cool and I think that antimatter, religion, and architecture goes really well together. I thought that this is a really good book because I'm more of a fantasy book person but it was very interesting.

One more thing:
    I am also looking forward to the Da Vinci Code movie but too bad that they couldn't make an Angels and Demons one.

Tags:
  2. BakaKage baka-deshi

I loved Da Vinci code...from the moment I picked it up it just grabbed my attention...damn book made me do an all-nighter..:D
    Angels and Demons is a close second... and yes those ambigrams are cool!

3. mow <b> <color=red> THE <blink>notlame</blink> AVENGER

I'm currently reading Angels & demons, and I'm completely blown away by how brilliant it is. I just got the book about 45 minutes ago (thanks to my boss!) and I've reached the part where the Il Concalve is first spoken of. Its a marvllous read. The entire concept of combining religion and science (and the scientist creating antimatter and its direct connection with "Let There Be Light" in both the Quran and the Bible) was just freaking awesome. I cant wait to finish it to begin readin the Da Vinci Code.

4. barbarebar music is my aeroplane

i love the books. still cant believe my girlfriend finished angels and demon in less than 2 days

5. mow <b> <color=red> THE <blink>notlame</blink> AVENGER

Im going to finish in a day and a half :p, Im nearing the nd of Angels & demons, its addictive!

6. barbarebar music is my aeroplane

hey moe, by any chance did ever get to check out michael landau?

7. mow <b> <color=red> THE <blink>notlame</blink> AVENGER

I heard some sample songs fromTales From The Bulge, and yo be total honest, Im dieing to buy that freaking album! The samples I heard were only 30 seconds, but I was completley blown away by it.

8. barbarebar music is my aeroplane

yes. his playing is quite tastey. im on the process of buying all printed cd's of him. im about 2 cd's away from finishing the collection.

9. mow <b> <color=red> THE <blink>notlame</blink> AVENGER

you know, Im thankful for you introducing me to him, but after that last statment, I both hate & envy you

10. chye8 New Member

I liked Angels and Demons way more. It was more interesting and dark.

11. mow <b> <color=red> THE <blink>notlame</blink> AVENGER

It seems that the Da Vinci code was overhyped. I love Angels & demons and im reading it for the 2nd time atm. Im not too eager to read the DVC anymore. It seems to be a dissapointment.

12. Bergelmir Ultimate Doolbreaker

Yeah, Da Vinci Code was overhyped. I felt slightley ripped off after reading due to the hype. It's still an amazing read. Angels and Demons is better IMO, though. Heh, I was rivited to that book. Finished it in five and a half hours. Lol.

13. Supreme Commander Thor of the Asgard Fleet

I liked them both. I found it crazy how similar the plots of the two are...it's almost like he said "hey, Angles and Demons worked well, I'll write another book the same way!"

I prefered Da Vinci Code, but I admit that might be just because I read it first.

14. shinjuu Orly?

I think i like the davince code better, i finished it within 1day (as soon as i started reading i simply didnt stop) I liked the holy grail stuff better then then whats in angels and demons. Although they are really close together

15. konohasno1 So much Chakra!!! =]

Both books were GREAT! But my favorite would be Angles and Demons, becuase it was more fast pace. Slow beggining but great middle and ending!

Infact Angles and Demons is so good, i am reading it for my second time! :laugh

16. ghostgal Member

I haven't read them (yet. waiting for someone to finish them so I can borrow them) but I hear differing oppinions. Soem say teh davinci code sucks, others say it's good, but very little agree that it deserves the fame it has achieved. Here you don't hear much about angels and demons because I think it was translated after the davinci code...
    However in this thread people seem to like them so I'm really starting to think that the ones saiyink it sucks were trying to sound original. I'll go to the library sometime next week and I'll read them

17. Gravespawn New Member

I loved them both. I like Angels and Demons a little bit more because I think the story was better.

18. DarkGuyver 3rd Unit

I am going to start with Angels and Demons in our summer vacation. I've already read The Da Vinci Code, I liked it a lot. So everyone says that Angels and Demons is way better, I can't wait to start:)

19. Spectrum Active Member

Angels & Demons, definitely. I liked the Da Vinci Code as well, but it doesn't even compare to A&D. It is practically the same book all over again, only not as good. I just found A&D more interesting.

Plus, the ambigrams rock out loud.

20. Yeemaster Master of Yee

I've only read Angels and Demons. My bro read both and liked Angels and Demons more (he read Da Vinci Code first and said Angels and Demons was much better) From what I hear, they are the same book. Secret society, hidden messages/code, dude meets hot woman, go solve mystery together.

Take away the cool anagrams or code and all you have left is a David Morrell novel...

21. Kyuubi_Xx She's kinda crazy...

I feel so left out... I haven't read Angels and Demons yet. :blink I did, however, read the Da Vinci Code - it was an excellent book. If most of you here agree that Angels and Demons is better, I have to read it! :p

Until then, I go with the Da Vinci Code.

22. skethee2 Bleacher

Angels and Demons was great...the suspense and the actions were very well done
    The villain was soooo good...sooo unexpected
    Da Vinci Code was good too...I loved the action....i started figuring out who the villain was the minute i read about him
    And other novels by him were great as well....Digital Fortress was kinda let down....but the facts given by him were very educational
    And Deception Point by far is most scince fictional...but a good read

All in all...Angels and Demons was the best...second is Da vinci code

23. The Scenester ̣

Angels and Demons all the way.

24. gitwer Spewer of Wisdom

Definitely enjoyed A&D more than DaVinci. The story and the history just seemed "sharper" to me. Although I admit it, I HATED the end of A&D, just proposterous. Luckily it didn't ruin the whole experience for me at all, which is a credit to Brown.

25. m3lk0r Believe

While it had nice plot elements, I personaly didnt like either AoD or the DaVinci code. That being said I do have (all?) the other two books and found them quite intresting (Deception point and Digital Fortress).
    Someone also gave me the Guide to the Davinci code (or something silimar) taking me for a DanBrown fanatic :/ Which was pretty good because it compares the book with actual facts and pictures.

26. SDF1 New Member

Both books are better if you read them with the internet handy, so you can actually *look* at the works of art while you're reading about them.

27. shikon PoThead ^^

i have da vinci code, and i read a bit of angels and demons (chapter 20-something) and i find that da vinci is a lot more interesting...
    i just love how theres all these hidden meanings behind a simple shap, say the upside down triangle, representing the chalice. ^^ and the clues da vinci left behind in his paintings were ingenious.
    Its really cool how all (or most) of the information is factual...

really makes me think about being a symbologist now.. ^^

28. Kucheeky Badkuya ->-

You are supposed to read Angels and Demons first and than you could understand Da Vinci better. I think the Da Vinci Code is overated its poorly written.

29. shikon PoThead ^^

well, the books aren't exactly in a series, nor do they follow each other. Langdon is the only one that connects the two together.
    And anyways, not only do i like the whole meaning/double meaning thing, i also love how its all about the church, and a hidden secret. i think the thing that turned me off from A&D was that its religion vs science. though, i love how ventra wanted to show the world the balance and interconnection between the two "enemies" :p

30. chdragonfly Woo! Testings over!!