1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Some Pokémon went missing during Easter time. Please, help us to solve this case. Check Detective Pikachu and the Eggstravaganza Case.

Dismiss Notice
  6. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Anime Fighting Fan-Game

Discussion in 'NF Archives' started by Megadoomer, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Megadoomer Member

I am planning to make a fighting game using Game Maker where all of the playable characters are from various animes. I was thinking that there would be around 50 playable characters, but so far, I've only thought of potential movesets for three. Here's what I've come up with so far:

Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)​

Information:
    TECHNIQUES​
    • Possible Attacks: See here - Non-masaic (ignore Gomu Gomu no Axe, Cannon, and Storm, along with any Jet and Gigant moves, which will be incorporated into Gears 2 and 3)
    • Power-Up: Gear 2 (skin changes to red, attacks become Jet versions, strength up, speed up, stamina down), Gear 3 (attacks become Gigant versions, strength up greatly, speed down greatly, time limit: 60 seconds, Luffy becomes small and weak for a minute after the time limit is up, and returns to his base form after the time limit for the small form is up)
    • Super Attack 1: Gomu Gomu no Axe (stretches his leg upwards and brings it rocketing down into the ground, creating a shockwave)
    • Super Attack 2: Gomu Gomu no Cannon (punches hundreds of times, and finishing off with a Gomu Gomu no Bazooka which sends the opponent flying backwards)
    • Ultimate Attack: Gomu Gomu no Storm (knocks opponent into the air and performs a series of rapid, powerful, and fast punches while spinning in midair (Jet and Gigant versions in Gears 2 and 3, respectively))
    STATS​
    • STRENGTH: 6/10
    • SPEED: 4/10
    • STAMINA: 5/10

• Gear 2 STRENGTH: 7/10
    • Gear 2 SPEED: 7/10
    • Gear 2 STAMINA: 6/10

• Gear 3 STRENGTH: 10/10
    • Gear 3 SPEED: 4/10
    • Gear 3 STAMINA: 7/10
    INTRO/OUTRO​
    • Intro: Luffy, already on-screen, does some warm-up stretches
    • Victory Pose: Luffy pulls some meat out of his pockets and eats it
    SPRITES (if available):

Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo (Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo)​

Information:
    TECHNIQUES​
    • Possible Attacks: Fist of the Nose Hair (using his nose hairs as whips), punches, kicks, basically anything else (can parody other animes or mangas, could do combo attacks with Bo-bobo NPCs, could just do something wacky and bizarre)
    • Power-Up: Bobopatch (fuses with Don Patch, strength up, speed up, stamina up (only if Don Patch isn't playable)), Denbo (fuses with Dengakuman, strength down, speed up, stamina up from base)
    • Super Attack 1: Giant Ro-bobo Punch (the giant robot Bo-bobo from the Gunkan/Captain Battleship fight punches the opponent)
    • Super Attack 2: Bo-bobo Roulette (a giant roulette wheel appears, and a random, heavily-damaging effect occurs)
    • Ultimate Attack: Super Hyper Ultra Mega Fist of the Nose Hair: It’s a Wonderful Nose Hair Life (after a montage of all the pain that the opponent goes under (taken from Bo-bobo manga panels of the same attack), Bo-bobo tackles the opponent and knocks them into the air while being carried up by a wave of people. Once he gets high enough, the wave of people disappears, and Bo-bobo smashes the opponent into the ground)
    STATS​
    • STRENGTH: 5/10
    • SPEED: 5/10
    • STAMINA: 5/10

• Bobopatch STRENGTH: 7/10
    • Bobopatch SPEED: 6/10
    • Bobopatch STAMINA: 8/10

• Denbo STRENGTH: 4/10
    • Denbo SPEED: 9/10
    • Denbo STAMINA: 7/10
    INTRO/OUTRO​
    • Intro: a giant afro falls into the arena, it opens, and Bo-bobo jumps out of it
    • Victory Pose: Bo-bobo turns so his back faces the screen, his nose hairs blowing in the wind
    SPRITES (if available):

Rock Lee (Naruto)​

Information:
    TECHNIQUES​
    • Possible Attacks: Punches and kicks, Dynamic Entry (flying kick), Leaf Gale (sweep kick to knock the opponent off their feet), Leaf Whirlwind (duck, followed by a powerful upward kick), Leaf Rising Wind (swift upward kick), Leaf Great Whirlwind (a powerful leap forward followed by a spinning kick with both legs in succession, the second kick being aimed lower in case the intended target ducks the first)
    • Power-Ups: Remove Weights (weights thrown as projectiles, speed up), Activate Fifth Gate (skin turns red, strength up, speed up, stamina up, stamina slowly drains)
    • Super Attack 1: Front Lotus (kicks the opponent into the air, wraps his bandages around them, and pile-drives them into the ground)
    • Super Attack 2: Reverse Lotus (knocks opponent into the air, does a series of near-invisible taijutsu moves, pulls them towards him with his bandages, and punches the opponent in the stomach, sending them into the ground) (requires ‘Activate Fifth Gate’ Lee)
    • Ultimate Attack: Drunken Rampage (Lee becomes drunk and performs a series of incredibly painful unpredictable taijutsu moves on the opponent)
    STATS​
    • Base STRENGTH: 5/10
    • Base SPEED: 6/10
    • Base STAMINA: 4/10

• Weightless STRENGTH: 5/10
    • Weightless SPEED: 7/10
    • Weightless STAMINA: 4/10

• 5th Gate STRENGTH: 8/10
    • 5th Gate SPEED: 10/10
    • 5th Gate STAMINA: 7/10

INTRO/OUTRO​
    • Intro: Lee jumps into the arena and clenches his fist, fire coming out of his eyes.
    • Victory Pose: Lee gives the Nice Guy Pose to the screen.
    SPRITES (if available):

If you can think of any movesets for other characters, please post them here.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2006
    Tags:
  2. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

That's a valiant idea. Just make sure to try and work in a fun system since anime fighters have a bad rap....though it's all dependant on what the game allows you to do anyway. Either way good luck with the project :amuse

3. Ssj3_Goku Hey dood!

Very intresting i hope it goes well for you. Have fun making it and i hope you make a great game :amuse :kthumb

4. Duy Nguyen Turtlin'

Uh...Good luck, because you're gonna need a lot of it to make a good fighting game.

5. TheStoryMaster Member

Sounds fun. it's easier if u based it on existing fighters from other fighting games.

6. Megadoomer Member

I already have a basic engine worked out, but since I don't know how to program A.I. with Game Maker, I'm going to start with VS. Mode. If possible, I will try to include online play. I will include the next seven characters that are posted into the first demo.

7. Masaki Mugiwara Kaizoku

Sweet, sweet, sweet.

I'd like to make some contributions:

- Base Luffy and Lee should both be a bit stronger.
    - Gear 3 Luffy should have a speed of 4. Gear 3 slows him down, but not by that much.
    - A power up for Bobobo should be Bobo-Patch, providing Don Patch isn't going to be playable.

Now, some characters:

Roronoa Zoro
    - Have his attacks be Onigiri, and other attacks he used early on.
    - Special 1: Hitouryuu Sanjyuroku Pound Hou (1 sword style, 36 Pould Cannon)
    - Special 2: Santouryuu Ougi: Sannen Seikai (prolly a mispelling or two there, but it's the 3 Sword Style Ultimate Attack: Three Thousand Worlds aka what he used against Mihawk)
    - Ultimate Attack: Asura (You'd probably be better at thinking how it'll work than I would be)

Strength: 6/10
    Speed: 4/10
    Stamina: 7/10

Naruto
    - Well, since he doesn't have any real attacks, either Kage Bunshin combos or just reckless attacks
    - Power up: Kyuubi, whatever level you think is good
    - Special 1: Uzumaki Naruto Rendan
    - Special 2: Rasengan
    - Ultimate: Oodama Rasengan (not like I even know anything about it, due to not reading the manga :sweatdrop)

Strength: 4/10
    Speed: 5/10
    Stamina: 9/10

I dunno about Kyuubi, you decide the level then decide the stats.

Ichigo
    - Slashes and stuff
    - Power up: Bankai
    - Special 1: Getsuga Teshou
    - Special 2: Rapid slashes (usable only in Bankai)
    - Ultimate: Hollow Ichigo (Ichigo will rip off the mask when the attack's over)

Stamina: 5/10

Bankai:
    Speed: 8/10

Ranma:
    - Meh
    - Power up: Meh again
    - Special 1: Chestnuts roasting over an open fire
    - Special 2: The attack he used to counter Shishi Hokodan
    - Ultimate: That one attack he used when he lost all of his strength and he needed to bring someone into a perfect spiral then punch (Counter attack)

Strength: 5/10
    Speed: 6/10
    Stamina: 4/10

Usopp:
    - Hammer, slingshot, maybe some dials and spike traps, and perhaps a distraction attack with Usopp Wagomu
    - Power up: Sogeking! (With Kabuto)
    - Special 1: Wine + Kaenboshi
    - Special 2: Impact Dial
    - Ultimate: Usopp Pound

Strength: 3/10
    Speed: 7/10
    Stamina: 8/10

Sogeking:
    (Only change is strength up to 5)

8. OmniStrife Finaly, it is here! FWA X!!

Use MUGEN...

Wait... why is drunken Lee stronger than 5 gates Lee??....

9. SeruraRenge Reaching infinite

yeah, I was wondering that too.

10. Megadoomer Member

Well, I guess I could change Drunken Lee's strength, since he can't be hurt during the short time that he's in that state, and I'm adding in Bobopatch (possibly) and Denbo, along with changing some stats, but to my knowledge, MUGEN doesn't allow online play, while Game Maker does. As well, I'm not very skilled with making characters, title screens, etc. for MUGEN, while I can do it easily with Game Maker.

11. tirkaro Lurking vagabond

OOOH! this looks like a nice idea. but lemme give you some advice. hopefully you have the engine worked out. because fighting game engines for GM arent the easiest thing in the world. if you do have the engine, congrats. :jir_thumb

now spriting for fighting games arent too easy. well, actually, it depends on what kind of sprite style this is. if its one of those street fighter style sprites, then this might take quite a while. one advice I have is to take a picture of an anime/manga character from a side view (I'm sure you'll find one) and copy it, lower the quality of it.(make it so that only the outline and the outline for the details are left in, and save the simple color pallette.) now color it in, and sprite in the smaller details. dont forget about shading. and use that one sprite as the base for the rest of the sprites. the thing about sprites for fighting games is that they have large spritesheets, so each character takes a while. also be sure to use as many ripped sprites as you can, to save time.

be sure to make a demo, and make sure the demo makes a big splash. if you post the demo at the GM forums, then I'm sure you'll get a lot more teammates.:jounins

also, is this game for any anime at all, or just specifically shonen jump anime?

12. Megadoomer Member

The sprites won't necessarily be Street Fighter style; they're probably going to be more like Jump Superstars style if I have to make them custom. I was already planning to make a demo, but posting it at the GM forums as well is a good idea! Thanks! As far as the characters go, the game can have characters from any anime at all!

13. Masaki Mugiwara Kaizoku

Any anime? That makes things easier.

I previously had to look at your past posts to see what anime threads you posted in.

14. Duy Nguyen Turtlin'

Here's a good advice because my previous post didn't say much. When you're done or have somwhat of a demo, send it here for these guys to test out . If you fail to impress these guys in any way, the game is too weak, and they'll probably find the most broken thing in your game for you. Then again that's if you spark an interest.

15. Megadoomer Member

Here are some sprites I found for the suggested characters:
    Roronoa Zoro​

Naruto Uzumaki​

Ichigo Kurosaki​
    Normal:
    Bankai:
    Hollow:

Ranma Saotome​
    Normal: member
    Girl (possible transformation): member

Usopp​

(Sorry, no Sogeking sprites yet.)

16. Duy Nguyen Turtlin'

^Ranma is too top tier.

17. Masaki Mugiwara Kaizoku

Ed Elric:

- Automail blade and random alchemy attacks
    - No powerups
    - Special 1: Transmute a cannon
    - Special 2: Transmute and attack with a random melee weapon
    - Ultimate: Giant stone hand grabs enemy, crushes, and then crumbles, with all of the rocks falling on enemy.

I think I had better ideas for Ed, but I forgot them.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2006
  18. Megadoomer Member

And now, the last character to be in the demo!

Himura Kenshin (Rurouni Kenshin)​

Information:

-sword swings, and Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu attacks
    -no transformations
    -Super Attack 1: Hiten Mitsurugi-Ryū: Ryūsōsen (Dragon's Nest Strike, a super-fast succession of sword strikes aimed at random locations)
    -Super Attack 2: Hiten Mitsurugi-Ryū: Ryūtsuishōsen (Dragon Hammer Flight Strike, an overhead double-handed swing followed by an upward double-handed slash)
    -Ultimate Attack: Amakakeru Ryū no Hirameki (Heavens Bridging Dragon Spark, two slashes, with the second one being more powerful than the first)

-Strength: 5/10
    -Speed: 8/10
    -Stamina: 4/10

SPRITES:

You can still nominate characters if you choose to, but I'm going to start work on the demo now.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2006
  19. Masaki Mugiwara Kaizoku

Power up for Ranma: Cat Fu (have Shampoo jump in as a cat)

Strength, Speed, and Stamina all increase by 2.

20. fernir New Member

cool :D good luck with it i hope it will be good game smile-big

21. Megadoomer Member

I've noticed that so far, this game doesn't have any villains in it. Although this character probably won't be in the demo, and he's not considered a villain any more, I've thought of a moveset for him, and I'm adding him in.

Gaara (Naruto)
    Information:
    TECHNIQUES
    -sand jutsu, including his so-called ‘ultimate’ defenses
    -Power-Ups: human-sized Shukaku (strength, speed, and stamina up)
    -Super Attack 1: Sand Drizzle
    -Super Attack 2: Desert Funeral
    -Ultimate Attack: Full-Sized Shukaku (transforms into full-Shukaku and attacks the opponent)
    STATS
    Base Strength: 5/10
    Base Speed: 3/10
    Base Stamina: 7/10
    Shukaku Strength: 9/10
    Shukaku Speed: 5/10
    Shukaku Stamina: 8/10
    INTRO/OUTRO
    Intro: appears in a cloud of sand
    Victory Pose: sends a pair of sand hands flying at the opponent with the intent of strangling them
    SPRITES:

22. HyperBlade13537 Member

Inuyasha
    -Attacks: sword slashes, excorcising claws of steel/iron reaver soul stealer/sankon tesso, blades of blood/hijin kesso
    -Power Ups:
    -Dragon-scale Tetsusaiga (for every super blocked, strength increases by 1 point, if strength exceeds 8, Inuyasha recieves damage every time a super is blocked, using supers returns strength to normal),
    -Youkai Inuyasha w/Powerless Tetsusaiga (strength, stamina, and speed increase, supers disabled, lasts for 15 seconds)
    Reference for Youkai Inuyasha w/Powerless Tetsusaiga (scroll down)
    Link removed
    -Super 1: Kaze no Kizu/Wind Scar
    -Super 2: Bakuryuha/Backlash Wave (Power increases if used during opponent's super)
    -Super 3: Kongo Soha/Adamant Barrage

Standard Stats:
    Strength: 6
    Speed: 4
    Stamina: 5

Youkai Inuyasha Stats:
    Strength: 7
    Speed: 5
    Stamina:6

Sprites

Link removed

That's all I could find in the way of sprites.

23. Masaki Mugiwara Kaizoku

I think Shukaku Gaara should be a bit slower and a bit stronger.

Villians... hm...

Enel
    - Lightning and staff attacks
    - Power up: 200 million volts... that one lightning titan thing he did at the end right before being beaten
    - Special: Judgement
    - Special: Grab enemy and shock the hell out of them
    - Ultimate: Raigo

Speed: 10/10
    Stamina: 4/10

200 million volts:
    Strength: 8/10
    Speed: 6/10
    Stamina: 7/10

24. Megadoomer Member

I will be starting work on the demo today, beginning with Luffy, Naruto, and Ichigo. While I'm at it, can anyone think of ideas for possible stages in the game? All I need is the name of the stage, what series it's from, and what notable events happened in that place during the events of the anime/manga. So far, I've come up with the Going Merry (One Piece, the Straw Hat Pirates' former ship) and the Chunin Exam Prelims (Naruto, the site of the 3rd Round preliminary matches of the Chunin Exams (which included fights such as Lee vs. Gaara, Neji vs. Hinata, etc.))

25. MightyWhitey FCUK!!!!!

Peewee's Playhouse would make an awesome stage.

26. Masaki Mugiwara Kaizoku

The top of a random high school. It doesn't matter what anime it's from, they all look the same.

The place where Ichigo and Byakuya fought.

Also, Byakuya:

- Shunpo combos
    - Power up: Bankai
    - Special 1: Shikai
    - Special 2: That lightning attack that he used to injure Ichigo before he went Hollow
    - Ultimate: The finisher attack at the end

27. HyperBlade13537 Member

Stages:
    Kami's Lookout (Dragonball Z)- where Kami-sama resides; in Dragonball, Goku was trained there, and in Dragonball Z, Majin Buu fought with Gotenks there (in the movie "Dead Zone" and a filler arc in Dragonball Z, Garlic Junior fought with Gohan, Krillin, Piccolo, and, in the movie, Goku); it is also where one accesses the Hyperbolic Time Chamber/Room of Space and Time;

Dark Tournament Ring (Yu Yu Hakusho)- the ring where the battles of the Dark Tournament arc of Yu Yu Hakusho were fought; during many of the fights, it was damaged, and by the end of the finals, the surrounding stands have several large holes through them, and the ring itself was completely destroyed;

Kamiya Kashin Dojo (Rurouni Kenshin)- where the main characters reside and where Kaoru trains Yahiko; Kenshin fought with Hajime Saito here;

28. Masaki Mugiwara Kaizoku

Perhaps we should actually add some of those animes in character-wise.

Would DBZ be too overpowered?

29. Megadoomer Member

I wouldn't think so, as long as their stats are somewhat balanced (in other words, just because they're Dragon Ball Z characters, and many of them can destroy planets, it doesn't mean that they're more powerful in the game than everyone else). To tell you the truth, I was thinking of adding Goku or Gotenks in myself.

30. Masaki Mugiwara Kaizoku

Goku:
    - Punch, ki, etc.
    - Power ups: Well, it's pretty hard to say which level of SS to go to. Probably 1 and 3.
    - Special 1: Kamehameha
    - Special 2: Super Dragon Fist
    - Ultimate: Spirit Bomb