1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Anime with the Best/most creative Art

Discussion in 'Off the Air' started by -{BioShock}-, Oct 8, 2006.

1. -{BioShock}- Banned

What show do you feel draws the most creative or all around draws the best?

Personally I think Gundam Seed has a very creative drawing. Just the way they draw the face, hair etc and it is very colorful. 2ndly I think Bleach draws well also, if all their shows were as colorful and bright as Gundam Seed, Bleach would look fantastic. I just like the way they draw the eyes and the shapes of the heads, never seem to be really out of place. Naruto would be considered good at drawing but they only draw good when they feel like it and lately they haven't been drawing any good. But when the people who draw Naruto actually feel like drawing good, it also looks fantastic.

Tags:
  2. Chunkyhunks Basically Retired

Mushishi has some excellent art. Some of the best that Ive seen in anime.:thumbs

3. Catterix is a super awesome

Your thread title and post don't make sense, so I'll answer both:

Artistically Creative (Ie. most artistic as a show, in terms of all art forms; music, shots, scenery, direction, etc.) - Evangelion.

Best drawn - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - One of the best drawn anime films I've seen, and its so consistent.

4. wherezmytofu Better then you

one peice is very artistically distinct!

5. Tsuuga Haunghted.

MU. SHI. SHI.

Watch it.

6. Crowe inactive - most of the time

Hunter x Hunter anime (-Greed I), the colors and animation suit the story perfectly. Something about the Hunter x Hunter anime art just makes me go "Oh, orgazm"

7. Tokio_no_Go Respect the Burden

Hands down, no contest, Mushishi. Do yourself a favor. Watch it.

8. -{BioShock}- Banned

Well looks like Mushishi is the popular choice, I'll check that out.

9. Shariyakugan Shadow Warrior :P

I found Eureka seven to have something really artistic.

10. Jh1stgen Active Member

It would appear so .. and same here~ Gota check it out :amuse

11. 340beatsaminute Eliminate Eliminate Eliminate

Yeah. That's one of the reasons why I started watching it.

12. rezerekted Emissary of Death

I was just thinking of making a thread like this, good thing I found this one. Mushishi seems to have no shortage of supporters, and they all speak the truth. Before watching Mushishi I found RahXephon's art to be breath taking as well. Samurai 7, I actually found myself drawn to that show from an aesthetic point of view. Also Eureka 7 is well drawn and very artistic. And End of Evangelion has some simply breath taking scenes as well.

I know no one will probably agree, but Texhnolyze has some sweet scense and designs as well. It is the opposite of all the other shows I mentioned because it is very very dark and post apocolyptic. But somehow, that is beautiful as well.

13. Captain Pimp Sugoi!

Hellsing OVA isn't the best drawn art out there, but I love how the manga drawings are incorporated in the OVA....

It looks so awesome :wtf

14. Shuriken_Thrower The Bored Wonder

Gankutsuou-It might cause some people seizures,but it's absolutely beautiful once you get used to it ^_^

15. momolade Active Member

kemonozume is very original.

it looks like it was drawn by a retarded three year old till you start to appreciate the sketchy/artsy style.
    the fish in the very first episode made my eyes water.
    the art is amazing and creative but the animation is hillariously bad.
    they were hunting a monster and when they dragged its arm into the van it looked like it was animated with flash

Loveless was also very pretty. everyone bled sparkles.

16. oka ooohhhhh

I think Bones did a very good job with Ouran Host club, characters drawings.
    But overall, I really like Fate/stay night. The character designs are really fantastic and the drawings are crisp too.

*I will check out mushishi too*

17. Mindless Ergo Proxy

Anything from Bones pretty much, be it Full Metal Alchemist, Eureka Seven or Jyuousei, they are all great in their own way. Right now I'd have to say Code Geass, CLAMP characters in a Sunrise mecha anime is a very unique (and good) combination. :)

18. Woofie Coordinator

X.

It has the best animation and art I ever recall seeing in a series (Madhouse > all, including Bones, IMO) - great colour palette, very fluid, excellent character designs... very good stuff. It reminds me of Death Note actually, although there's more action to show it off. Is it creative? Well, there's a lot of symbollic art stuff in there, and although it's taken straight out of the manga really, it's incorporated into the anime very well; most studios wouldn't even bother trying. The colours and overall feel of the animation is also quite unique... I hadn't seen anything similar until, like I said, Death Note came along.

Gankutsuo is definitely the most purely creative animation I've seen, although I wouldn't call it the 'best' ('tis rather nice still, though).

I'm surprised at all the Mushishi posts - it's a great series, and the animation works very well indeed, but I certainly wouldn't say it's the best and I don't think it's the most creative either. >_>; And don't get me wrong, I'm a big Seed fan, but that series has terrible animation... nice character designs, but it's full of re-used scenes, off-model character shots, etc.

Oh, and I didn't include movies and OVAs, because they're obviously going to have better animation than a lengthy series, but I don't like them so would prefer to talk about series. :p