1. img
    Take time to sit, get comfy, and watch the leaves fall...
    Come and join us in our forums Falling Autumn Event!
    The deadline is on September 25 at 10pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Come vote in the first ever Café Banner Contest!
    Deadline is September 23th at 4:42 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

Anko's Curse Seal *Mild spoilers*

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Reaver Reload, Oct 7, 2004.

1. Reaver Reload

In the semi-recent Magna chapters we see the Sound ninjas and their cursed seals and the power they wield. There is mention of the "Heaven" seal and the "Gaia" seals being the strongest seals. Now cast your mind way back to the second Chuunin exam in the forest, where Orochimaru reveals himself, and Anko hunts him down.
    Orochimaru mentions a history with Anko and how he "used her and cast her aside." Now what does that mean? Anko went down the same path as Sasuke did, for more power? She also has a lot of snake abilities.. which is quite interesting.
    What I'm wondering, is when she returned from the Forest and spoke to the Third Hokage, there seemed to be a bit of uncertainity and awkwardness between Anko and the Third, who knew about her history with Orochimaru.

It hasnt been covered enough yet, but in light of the recent curse seals and all this stuff, im just wondering whether this unexplained seal will be covered eventually and just what kind of relationship she had with Orochimaru... and if she ever went to level 2 form. That'd be so badass, wouldnt it?

Yeah, just my thoughts. Was wondering what you guys think of this?

Tags:
  2. Shidoshi

She was Orochimaru's subordinate, just like Yondaime was Jiraiya's...

She was probably one of the first he experimented the curse seal on.

3. Yuhi

as Shidoshi said she was his subordinate,

dunno if she can do that thou, I think she only can reach lvl1, and i dont think she ate the pill that sasuke did and was "stuffed in a box"...

but her with "tribal tattos" on her arm would look nice thou...

4. Boner

I also don't think she can use level 2...and Oro dumped her because she had no talent...she was useless.

5. Balsnac

Boner's right, if she was capable of a level 2 transformatiopn she would have used it against her fight with orochimaru, not use that "double snake assassination" technique she was planning on using

6. HazardNights

Yeah, like others have said, she was Orochimaru's student the way Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke are students to Kakashi and the 4th was to Jiraya. As for he being useless, not that she was useless, more like she wasn't what he needed for his plans. She is a jouinn after all.

7. Marvin

Anko is not useless, remember she survive the curse seal, i think Dosu said only 10% survive the curse seal.
    Anko is useless in the sense that she did not crave power, like the other with the curse seal, remember she did not activate the curse seal during her fight with Oro.

8. onlythestrongest

We dont know just from this incidence that she cannot use it, as we have learned with Sasuke using the seal has consequences and i doubt Anko wanted to lose herself to the seal.

9. stellalrh

yup yup ... maybe she dun wan to look like sasuke in curse seal lv2 lol

10. qwer666

kimimaro has a gaia seal and sasuke has the heaven seal

11. SkyWolf

I dont think she took Sasuke's path. I think Oro decived Anko to get what he wanted out of her.

12. Desca

The reason why Anko's not using the Curse Seal is because of the side effect, and because she will actually loose her mind (i think), like Sasuke did when he woke up after the bite.

13. Arilou

Yeah, this is one of those side-plots I *really* want to know more about...

I agree, I don't think she's useless (she seems capable enough) but that she wasn't willing to go the lengths for power that his other pupils where. She saw the price and thought it too high?

I also felt like if their relationship might have gone farther than just master/apprentice, but maybe my mind is just twisted...

14. Vatatzes

why wasnt her seal closed like Kakashi did to Sasuke? It looked like it was bare when we saw it, ill find the ep #.

15. sakura_chan

It makes me wonder. I think they should include her part in the story since she seem to have some history with Orochimaru.

16. Karasu inactive

She maybe found out that Oro was going to destroy Konoha for some reason. Or as menitoned that she was too weak and so on. Looks like she can control that seal very well.

Oro only had her as his student, I wonder why.

17. TLLOTS

Yes, she'd have used a method that would make her more of a slave to Orochimaru's will :rolleyes: I think you'll find that Anko's difficulty in that fight, and her attempted use of the double snake assassination technique has more to do with her guilt over things she did in service to Orochimaru, things which likely hurt Konoha or its inhabitants. The fact is, Anko wanted to die out there. Using her seal would have been worse than nothing.

18. Kimun*

That actually makes sense. That would make such a nice side story. (See, Kishimoto hasn't run out of flashback ideas yet.)

19. SteelShadow07

wtf *mild spoiler* You just spoiled it in the Thread Title with 3 little words

20. sakura_chan

As far as I know, anything that has already been shown in the anime can be discussed in these thrreads without the spoiler warnings.

21. Crimson00

I have a feeling we might be seeing more on this soon, i think Kishimoto put her in early as having the cursed seal to use this later as part of another plot twist.

22. Inmetsu the Beast

23. Chaosxxx

her curse seal was closed up but by the 3rd hokage guy but since hers didn't activate so the mark didn't show

24. otakufan

Bring her back, Kishimoto-sama...Bring Anko back...

Am I the only one who thinks Anko would be a good mentor for Sasuke? I'm writing a fanfic (very slowly...) where she's going to be assigned his guardian and move into the Uchiha house/manor.

25. Manetheren

Anko has the SAME style of Curse Seal that Sasuke has, the Heaven Seal.

Being that they state that the Heaven and Gaia are the 2 strongest of the curse seals, (and it insinuates that almost no one has those seals... its probably only Sasuke, Anko, and Kimimaro).

26. bluewolf

using the seal gives orochimaru power over you... i think her seal is sealed .. kind of like sasukes was.. and if she uses it she could become orochimarus slave again.

BTW... why does it seem like orochimaru only had one student... her. while every one else has 3.

27. bluewolf

I wonder if oro used the seal on all 3 of his students and only anko lived....

28. itadakemasu

thats not really 10% though is it? More like 33%. But i agree with the general consensus of this thread - i really want to know the full story of her seal.

29. kotetsu

oro was her sensei when he was still with leaf. she shows no interest in power, reminds me more of naruto.

30. Pizazz

We saw during the second part of the Chuunin Exam that Anko also has one of Orochimaru's curse seals. I was wondering if we're ever going to see Anko actually activate it. She's probably aware of the negative effects it would have on her, but she has a lot of determination, and if she was determined to beat somebody - especially Orochimaru himself - she might use it anyway.

Your opinions or additions..?