1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Some Pokémon went missing during Easter time. Please, help us to solve this case. Check Detective Pikachu and the Eggstravaganza Case.

Dismiss Notice
  6. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Another Case of Head-In-Ass Disease.

Discussion in 'The NF Café' started by Purgatory, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Purgatory Banned

Tags:
  2. Cair Guest

...What the hell? You don't get your diploma just becuase people cheered for you at graduation? That's pretty gay. :notrust

3. Marl Now with added S? Engine!

That seems like a bloody insensitive thing to do, if you ask me.

Sure, I can see why you'd not want people cheering inappropriately, but this sort of punishment seems rather extreme.

4. Near Seeker of Truth

Well It seems the majority of parents want the applaud to wait till the end. That's pretty weak to take away the students diploma just because their parents have no self control. It's also sad though you can't even have a ceremony without someone screw it up. It's not difficult to follow these simple rules.

5. Catterix is a super awesome

So, who's the people with their heads up their ass exactly?

What the hell is wrong with applauding someone for Graduating college... that's what you're meant to do!!

6. Purgatory Banned

The principle for making up such a rediculous rule. Graduation is a time of change, when a person goes out into the world on their own. They're supposed to go with pride, not with shame. The ceremony isn't a place in which you can control how much people applaud or cheer. Trying to make them not cheer is like trying to make them not to boo in a game.

7. NeonRoses ANBU Slave Driver, rawr

Err, what's Head-In-Ass about that?

Sure that's extremely harsh, and stupid, but I can see why they did it, even if they did take it to extremes.

8. Zodd Procrastinating

That district is crazy. We told them the same thing at our graduation, and people didn't respect that at all.

9. Near Seeker of Truth

Are you serious? so when murders become common we should just except it because stopping it is impossible? At first I can see school allowing a few cheer here and there, because yes parents get excited but when no one can hear what's going on,not knowing whether its a graduation ceremony or the Stanley cup play off games well...I say someone took it a little far.

It shouldn't have to be the school to discipline the adults, they get complaints, what are they suppose to do.

"Sorry we wouldn't want to infringe on peoples rights to be assholes, it's in the constitution or whatever document they seem to hide behind."

10. ToPocHi Member

I don't see the logic here. Any parent knowing that their children would be graduating would be in a state of euphoria. It's an indication of a relatively good upbringing.

Why'd they impose such an unreasonable implementation anyway?

11. ComputerFriendly Married To Sexy Kin Tsuchi

WTF!? Why do they have to do this work just cause their parents and friends cheered loudly?:amazed

12. AbnormallyNormal 1 + 2 + 3 = 1 * 2 * 3

wow that school is 100% retarded, i can understand desiring silence and all but no need to go incredibly insanely overboard like this

13. Chi Technical knockout

Why do the ceremony, if you can't express your feelings there?

14. Link Courage

Blame Dean White. It was his idea, which he tried out on my school first. I hated it too, and so did most of my class. I was glad when he left for IPS.

15. neko-sennin AKA shadesmaclean

Really? My B-S Detector is going *ding!*

So this is how you show the next generation what "mature" and "adult" behavior looks like? Somebody needs to ground these clowns, and give these graduates what they devoted years of their lives to earn.

16. Chi Technical knockout

Also.. Can someone explain me, why a graduation person is responsible for others behavior.
    I learned in the school, I didn't do anything wrong, give me my diploma. Why the hell I suffer, because of someone's cheering, even if it's my family.

Really.. As much as US is a free country, there is such ridiculous stuff..

17. Halcyon Dreamz Arsonist Choir

That's stupid. The kid worked for that diploma, you can't just deny it because she gets cheered.

18. Disquiet deeply unsettling

That's the biggest insult of all. Even disregarding the fact that the parents' noise was brief and hardly worth going crazy about, the students themselves didn't do anything wrong. Why should they be punished at all? Acting like children and withholding their diploma from them on a technicality is bad enough, but community service? Whoever thinks that's even vaguely justified needs some form of brain surgery.

That's without mentioning the fact that the contract their parents signed ruled that they act in a "dignified" way. Cheering on your child at their graduation is in no conceivable way dignified; nor should a graduation be a "solemn occasion" in the first place. It's a celebration of far too many years of education and work, and of the life ahead; it's not a funeral march.

What a joke.

19. mister_manji I have tired of this

they didnt have that BS at my graduation in '05. Its funny, because school officials these little power trips.

20. Fai let the bodies hit the floor

Wow, what stupidity >_____>.
    So now I guess you can't cheer when someone graduates ?

21. sikvod00 Member

There is a big difference between breaking some random contract that prevents parents from being "undignified" at their child's graduation ceremony and committing murder. The former does not need to be so strictly enforced because it is an innocuous act and very easy for anyone to do (Whoops! I hollered out her name! Wtf? Do diploma?).

22. coriander Kissing the Lipless

Gosh. It makes all the bull you had to put up with in highschool seem worthless. For just a cheer. :(

23. Kduff Kaizan

Well, they still have their diploma guys, just not an actual piece of paper diploma to hang up or frame or whatever.

If I were those kids, I'd just sue the district for incompetency and get my diploma, plus some money for damage and public humiliation. Any "contract" the parent's signed was most likely a very unbinding document that wouldn't hold up at all in court. And any intelligent judge could see how ridiculous it all is. It's not the students fault anyway. If someone should be doing community service, it's the parents, for breaching the "contract."

24. A.U.X.I.L.A.R.Y Banned

Schools take away proof of education for everything.

25. Mukuro Death B4 A Million ?

I hope they learned their lesson.

26. Mintaka Well-Known Member

Keh. Thats the biggest pile of steaming bullshit I've heard in a while. It's an emotional time shut the fuck up and let them cheer you dumbass.

27. KuKu .-.

WTF IS THIS ? I lol'd, this can only happen in U.S.A. x'DDD

28. Lain doesn't afraid of anything

Wait, are you saying she's being punished because some ELSE cheered for HER?

Then why blame the person getting the diploma?

Graduations seriously aren't fucking special anymore. At my sister's graduation, seniors weren't allowed to throw their hats up in the air... that's fucking terrible.

29. Rangamaru Obito Killed The Uchiha Clan

If it was really 2-3 seconds of cheering then it really is BS. There could be more to the story, but I doubt it. My school had the same rule. That's why I hate graduations--graduation is supposed to be your time, not theres. I tired of people trying to control your life when unwarranted. Those kids and parents should be given some slack. it sounds like it was hardly out of control--just the school board being assholes.

30. blueradio You got a star!

That's ridiculous.
    I can't believe they would deny her diploma over a little cheering.