1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Another look at how jiraiya might be as strong as Orochimaru at his best

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by raja6x3, May 31, 2007.

1. raja6x3 incubus

Guys, this is my first post... bash me all you want but dont neg rep me...( got only 1 rep, it ll go in the - :D)

Another look at how jiraiya might be as strong as Orochimaru at his best if not stronger.....

i know i know, this discussion is boring the hell outta me... still i havent seen anyone saying what i am going to tell...

that is... remember the KN4 naruto v oro fight... in tht particular volume, u wud hav heard how jiraiya said tht he got almost killed twice in his life... one of the times being when naruto was in KN4 and went berserk... here, jiraiya managed to bring naruto back to his consciousness without hurting him ( a decent presumption )... and he didnt have any of the 2nd hokages kyuubi control... well, we can say tht it means he somehow managed to get close enuf to naruto and managed to stick the chakra compressing sheet of paper on naruto's forehead...
    whereas orochimaru got so sick after fighting naruto KN4 tht he got his ass kicked by sasuke few days later ( sasuke ofcourse deserves a lot of credit here )...
    all i am trying to say is tht orochimaru got out of his fight in a pretty bad shape inspite of his using his most offensive and defensive justsus, where as jiraiya came out of it in a oretty bad shape by using only his defensive jutsus...

sorry for the boring narration :( .... hoping tht no one else has pointed this out

1 n 1ly 1

Tags:
  2. Larisha Otogakure's village idiot

For the love of whatever fucking...

Sasuke deserves no credit. Orochimaru was half-dead, coughing up blood, and seemed to be slightly delirious. If you consider that a win, then you really are pathetic.

And I have no idea of whatever you just said, sorry.

Edit: I got part of it.

Orochimaru's illness was NOT related to the fight against KN4 in anyway.

3. DeepThought I See What You Did There...

Sasuke defeated Orochimaru because of his sharingan. It was a spiritual/mental victory and power had nothing to do with it. I would assume that if Orochimaru was in full health, Sasuke would have still "taken over"

Orochimaru being sick only effects the physical battle Sasuke started, but it was finished in the mind.

As for Jiraya, faced with KN4 Jiraya squeeked by while Orochimaru ultimatley ran. The end.

4. Kuroro Skill Hunter

Sasuke lost the physical fight, but won the mental one. Since the mental one is the one that is more important, then it means Sasuke won the fight, yet it should be known that Sasuke's vulnerability prior broke his myth of invincibility. Sasuke made a bad assumption with Orochimaru as Kakuzu made a bad assumption with Naruto.

Well, who knows what would have happened if the Orochimaru vs KN4 would have continued, but after Kusangi + Ultimate Defense proving to be useless, I'm not too sure what Oro could pull out of those magical hands of his. Still, Jiraiya most likely managed to subdue while coming close to death while Oro was forced to flee.

5. Larisha Otogakure's village idiot

It wasn't that Orochimaru was a coward for running. He was just smart enough to realize that it was futile and decided on two courses of action:

1) Stay and fight a battle against a monster that is shielded by chakra and practically invulnerable.
    2) Run for it and have a higher chance of survival.

6. Luin Baka

Therefore, Jiraya > Orochimaru.

We have never seen Jiraya or Tsunade fight properly. The most we saw was the 3 way Sannin battle where Jiraya was poisioned and Tsunade was afraid of blood...

I predict Jiraya and Tsunade are gonna have the mother of all fights against the Atatsuki leader and blue hair woman.

7. Larisha Otogakure's village idiot

How so? Jiraiya didn't defeat the KN4. He got beaten to a bloody pulp by it. Bravery doesn't help you if you're dead.

8. Woozie Active Member

I also share the view that Jiraiya suppressed KN4 with the Kyuubi condom.

Orochimaru was also close enough to KN4 to punch it to the head (and suffered practically no damage). Had Oro had one of them Kyuubi condoms he also could have sealed it there. Things to note here:

1) Jiraiya sealing skills might be better than Oro's. However, I seriously doubt his sealing skills would be of any use to him when fighting against another ninja.

2) Even if Oro had the knowledge and capability to seal KN4 like Jiraiya, he wouldn't have done it. Because his intention was to test KN4, not to kill or seal it.

Also, I'd like to note that the timespan between Oro fighting KN4 and Sasuke fighting Oro was more than five months. The reason for Oro's condition prior to Sasuke encounter was because his body was rejecting him, not because of the damage KN4 did.

9. IDGabrielHM Doesn't want a custom title

Jiraiya faced off with Orochimaru soon after he betrayed the leaf. Orochimaru had him thrown aback and bleeding, and was still coming at him. Yet, Jiraiya and Orochimaru both were alive in the years that followed.

So, Orochimaru just let him off the hook and sprinted away? Doesn't seem very much like him.

With that in mind my conclusion is that Jiraiya either won that fight or fought it to a draw, and then Orochimaru ran off. If they both progressed consistently past that point it would only make sense for Jiraiya and Orochimaru to be on par with one another.

10. Luin Baka

Ok, Ok, maybe Oro is as strong or stronger than Jiraya.

All I want is to see Jiraya go all out against someone cos sure as hell its gonna be impressive. Cos we've seen nothing from this monster of a man apart from Rasengan, his spiky hair defence and his frog belly trick.

We need to see him kick some ass!

please let it be soon, please let it be soon, please let it be soon, please let it be soon, please let it be soon, please let it be soon, please let it be soon, please let it be soon, please let it be soon.......

11. Godammit Well-Known Member

Let me ask this question.

Why is didnt Itach and Kisame go after naruto while Jiraya is with him ? because hes strong (Toad belly)

And Itachi alone severed Oro. hands he could easily killed him

12. The Fourth Hokage Shinobi Perfection

Yes it was. Oro's exertion during that fight sped up the rate at which the body was rejecting him. Sorry, but fail is fail and your post fails.

13. nkon Guest

FAIL :p Naruto didn't put a scratch on Oro but he almost killed jiraiya that should tell u something. Naruto didn't beat Oro sick . Oro's body was rejecting him that is why he was sick.

14. taniquetil Member

Umm...did you miss the part where he got cut in half or are you just choosing to ignore that fact?

Umm...did you miss the part where he got cut in half or are you just choosing to ignore that fact?

Which actually explains why Jiraiya was dead. OMG Tsunade must have used the Third's ressurection technique!!111eleventyone!1

15. dregoth Cooking Genius

Impossible. Jiraiya got old and Oro got younger.

Mind you that Oro never used the Kusanagi to fight Jiraiya. In the sannin fight he was able to bite his neck. If the wanted he could have slash it with Kusanagi instead, but Oro doesn't even consider Jiraiya a worthy opponent so that he has to resort to Kusanagi.

Oro also said "We're both handicaped but the difference is still evident." or something like that, meaning that he was > Jiraiya when he left the village.

16. yondaime 88 Shodaime

or meaning that oro is an arrogant prick.

17. Larisha Otogakure's village idiot

It sped the illness up, but didn't cause it. Orochimaru would have reached the same point of sickness eventually.

I didn't say that Jiraiya died, I'm saying that living > bravery. Jiraiya chose bravery, Orochimaru chose living. Sort of.

Who won the Sasuke vs. Naruto fight? Same deal with the Orochimaru vs. Jiraiya fight, just with two different characters in a similar circumstance.

Orochimaru is an arrogant prick because he knows he could own 99% of the ninja in the world.

Last edited: May 31, 2007
  18. Luin Baka

Whoop Whoop.

Neg rep'd for saying Jiraya > Orochimaru.

Ha.

19. Canute87 Nuke Imminent

Well when you look on the outcome come of the two They bascially blance themselves out.Both Orochimaru and jiraiya had their disadvantages.

Jiraiya was mortal therefore he had to be as careful as get could.Plus chances are KN4 was in a somewhat populated area (or at the very least it wasn't that much or an open space so jiraiya couldn't have been that flexible).Also IF jiraiya could have killed KN4 he wouldn't have anyway beacuse it was naruto nd jiraiya wasn't trying to kill him;He was trying to get naruto to stop.

Orochimaru had much more freedom than jiraiya, huge open space and not much of a bond with Naruto(so he wasn;'t trying to stop it, he was actually fighting it)

Now even though Jiraiya got a scratch on his chest.Orochimaru DID get his hand blown off and torso cut in half.But that was orochimaru's advantage as his body wasn't as healthy as jiraiya Orochiamru had his regenration abilties to make up for his lack of health.

So the way i see it giving the advantages of orochimaru over jiraiya and vice versa they were basically equal.

20. Instant Karma Professional Lurker ಠ_ರೃ

Man. I'm near giving up on this subject.

Both have disadvantages. Where one fails, another gains, and where one lacks, another has. To me they are =.

21. durtycheese jiraiya=fail

its best to say orochimaru is better at some areas and jiraiya is better in some. no one of them is stronger than the other in general unless IT is proven in the manga. everything else you people say is just speculation.
    the only proof we have that ahs been shown is orohcimaru fears itachi and cannot beat him no matter what. because we saw the fight and orchimaru stated it himself. as for the kn4 fight jiraiya did seal it and orchimaru ran away because he didnt kno how to seal it or something. either way it doesnt prove anything of who is superior, orhcimaru or jiraiya.

22. Odlam Team 7 4 Life

In the fight with Orochimaru during the Sannin battle, one of the chapters ends with the quote:

"Student and Teacher, both outmatched"

The pic is of Jiraiya on his knees while Orochimaru is standing over him after biting his neck and then sparing him by not putting down more pressure like he threatened

That kinda solved it for me

Course later in the fight Orochimaru KO's him with his tongue, so that further cemented it

And we know that Orochimaru and Jiraiya had a battle simliar to Sasuke and Naruto's, and we know that Orochimaru, like Sasuke left the village - so guess who probably won that. Not to mention Jiraiya was looking alot more banged up than Oro in that flashback.

And versus KN4, well Orochimaru ran his way home afterward swapping evil puns with Kabuto. Jiraiya was probably in an infirmary for weeks.

So moving on.

23. Yakushi Kabuto Socks Activate! Shape of a

Jiraiya got close enough to seal the KN4, Orochimaru got close enough to punch the thing in the face. Same thing.