1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Anti-War Activist Gives Up

Discussion in 'The NF Café' started by Purgatory, May 29, 2007.

1. Purgatory Banned

Spoiled sport.

Tags:
  2. Psyconorikan Lover of the sleep deprived

Finally. She got on my damn nerves.

3. Orochimaru <div class="smallfont"><font face='Palatino Linoty

4. NU-KazeKage The Real Kaze Kage...

5. GrimaH Absurdist

She was that annoying? I didn't get that feeling from my impression of her from the article.

6. AbnormallyNormal 1 + 2 + 3 = 1 * 2 * 3

sheehan is just pissed off because she is very very very naive and is starting to learn how the world actually works

7. Ranger Samson Member

8. neko-sennin AKA shadesmaclean

The fact that Bush couldn't look her in the eye and explain with a straight face exactly what her son believed in and died for means that she already won the only battle she's ever going to on this matter.

Now that her rage seems to be mostly spent, I think she finally understands this, as bitter as it may be for her, and she can now go and grieve in peace.

9. Goodfellow .

She was right though:oh
    The politicans are just playing with human lives as if they were chesspieces.

Who was it that said that "the death of a single person is a tragedy, but the death of millions is a statistic" again:headscrat?

War, it solves nothing but war.

10. Valentine ♥ Sing it like a drunken prophet

Ya mayte, I too.

11. Lain doesn't afraid of anything

Well, she's right about one thing... America lacks the brains to be a decent country, instead of a bunch of warmongers.

But I do find it odd how she wasn't an anti-war activist until her son died in Iraq. And she thinks she's special for that reason as well.
    Oh well... I guess it beats having a son die in Iraq and saying "Well, he died for the right reason"

12. argon ----

She dragged her son's name through the dirt by blaming the Government for her son's own decision.

13. Near Seeker of Truth

She seems more anti-Iraq, then anti-war. To an extent I understand her position, How important was the cause, when it changed 3 times. It's one thing to be "patriotic" but to be blind attachments to a failed cause. IF you can't admit it by now....man....

14. Sky is Over Active Member

agreded; nothing in the world pisses me off more than war protesters...

15. kulgan18 Mecha freak.

Is alright that she protested, but you dont need her to be reminded of how iraq is going.

There is no point on protesting a war that shouldnt have happend in the first place, now the mess is done, the US pulling out or not, that country is going into a collision course.
    Whats the point now?, is not like you can go back in time when bush was telling everybody about the WMD, to tell people not be such lame-wankers.

16. Zodd Procrastinating

I think most realize it is a mistake now. Her work is essentially done.

Keep in mind that she lost her son over there. None of the people criticizing her in this thread lost their son over a lie. If you did, maybe you would feel differently.

17. AbnormallyNormal 1 + 2 + 3 = 1 * 2 * 3

cindy sheehan always seemed fake to me i never really took her seriously as a credible objective mother, she was always way too leftist, and she only became ridiculously more leftist over time. this is a good thing that she's done and will go back to being a mother again of her remaining kids, it makes her more respectable to many people i'm sure

18. Goodfellow .

I must say though, I agree about the part of a two party system nothing being proper democrazy:oh

Seriously, if there is only two parties in the democratic playground, how can they properly cover the will of the people? Proportional elections are much better at covering the will of the people, in my opinion.
    (Although let's not get into a debate in this thread, shall we?)
    (And what's wrong about being leftist:yell?!)

19. Traveler The lifeless.

Thank the gods she's gone.

20. AbnormallyNormal 1 + 2 + 3 = 1 * 2 * 3

dude i totally agree, except the USA people seem too ignorant/uncaring/poor for more than 2 parties, it is too comlpicated for them to understand it seems, but i always vote for indepdnents or another 3rd party in every big election. nothing wrong with being leftist i am just saying it makes her criticisms of bush not credible, as though its not just because shes a mom of a dead soldier she suddenly speaks out, its more like an opportunity for her to advance her ideology

21. drache who's afraid ofa big bad wolf?

Lackinglack, it's hard to explain and I won't try because I don't think I can, but America has from it's earliest stages always been a 2 party system. And to be honest I'd rather have it that way then with some counteries that have dozens of parties and have trouble getting consenus on even mundane things.

22. neko-sennin AKA shadesmaclean

Actually, she dragged the Decider's name through the mud for his own decision, which resulted in her son's needless death. From all I've seen, she's never questioned her son's decision, but rather that of his superiors', for dragging his loyalty through the mud with this farce.

23. Kojiro Ganryu Sasaki アルかわいい

Colour is better than black and white.

The US political system is black and white.

Either democrat or republican.

24. Ghost_of_Reverie Killer

Meh, wether or not you agree with the wars, they happen, and the soilders who go there know that they signed up for it. She shouldn't have dishonored her son the way she did by using his as an excuse to protest, he knew what he was getting into when he joined the military, I knew the same thing when I joined, and a year later I was in Afghanistan. Most people don't get it, but all we train for is war, and when we're there, we do our job, it is actually very satisfying. Our job it to fight wars, and nothing else. We are not peacekeepers, our job is to kill and be killed for whatever the commander in chief, aka the President, says, and we have no right to question it.

25. DarkFire immune to modfuck

she's using her son as an example not really as an excuse to protest, she was never a protestor until her son was killed, so that was a reason she protested, and war really is not gonna solve anything