1. It's Time to Duel! Welcome to the NF Yu-Gi-Oh! Grand Championships. This tournament will span across 4 sections:
    Akihabara Lounge| Mafia | OBD |The Alley
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

5. BoOooOo!

Come one, come all to the wondrously eerie Pumpkin Patch! Perform tasks and challenges each day to stock up on the mystical Pumpkin Coins and use them to exchange for grand forum prizes! Don't miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity, don't fear that which lies beneath the surface!

Schedule:
    Signups; October 10th - 15th
    Tasks and Challenges; October 15th - 29th
    Pumpkin Picking; October 30th - 31st
    Dismiss Notice

6. A blank contract written with magical ink?! Check out our Spooktacular Trick or Treat Event.
    Dismiss Notice

Any chance they'll be another Naruto/Boruto movie next year?

Discussion in 'New Leaf' started by YaBoiKoji, Jun 12, 2018.

1. YaBoiKoji Active Member

Since its been nearly 3 years since the last movie, is there any chance they'll be a new movie coming out next year?

Tags:
  2. Hussain Well-Known Member

And if they are going to do it, chances are it won't be canon.

3. Arles Celes The Psychologist

It would be canon...till the anime gets to that point and overwrites it.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. Hussain Well-Known Member

I think if they were to do new movies they will be the same like with part1 & part 2 Naruto. Other than the last and "Boruto the movie". :catshrug

As the circumstances are different now with the series. :catshrug

5. YaBoiKoji Active Member

If they even get made, I hope they're like the part 1 and 2 movies, since even though they weren't canon, they were still fun to watch. I was mainly just asking since naruto movies came out once a year, from 2004 to 2012 I think.

6. Arles Celes The Psychologist

Yeah, but you have to admit that hiring Kishi to give his stamp of approval, make him design a few characters AND make said Kishi say how the movie is canon was likely a well thought plan to make fans more interested in it than in an average "filler" movie.

Damn...the flirting with Kishi already started with Road to Ninja which while not canon had Akatsuki, Sasuke(alternate version of him) and Sakura's parents designed by Kishi.

Each next movie from that point had Kishi more and more invested in them.

I kinda doubt a regular non-canon scenario with Boruto visiting some unknown country and saving some fodder princess that falls for him will bring such revenue as the Last or Boruto the movie... :catthinks

7. Nep Nep Bedpost-Kun

I hope they're not canon. I never waste my time watching anime movies.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. saboltgene Jigen's Son

France
  9. 123fire Well-Known Member

That will severely affect the animation of the anime . So no i don’t want any movie tbh

10. Djomla Student

Nah. They're gonna milk Boruto as much as they can first. Aa a tv series. Then onto the new movie. Flamuto: Naruto Next Next Generation.

11. Zensuki Sasuke > your fav

Boruto ain't successful enough :kobeha

Naruto had a movie every year for 10 years straight. Meanwhile Boruto has been going on for nearly 3 years with no movie in sight :mjlol

12. Abcdjdj1234 Well-Known Member

Dude boruto has 3 movies in 3 years. Only problem is, all of them were them same :hestonpls

13. WorldsStrongest The wait is Over

Canada
    Dont think it has the viewership to devote a budget to a movie project tbh :oldshrug

They can barely get people interested in what they are currently doing...Why add to the questionable pile with a non canon movie that even some nNaruto fans never bothered with?

For example, I grew up with naruto, and I really enjoyed its content, but i genuinely dont think ive seen every naruto movie...Not even close

A couple thousand fans like me? Added onto the fact that Boruto doesnt have anywhere near as committed or as sizable of a following that Naruto did?

Yeah a film is a bad idea atm

Unless of course its not about Boruto but Naruto or Sasuke instead

THAT shit would sell :gokuyeaboi

Picture if Sasuke got a standalone movie where he was the main character about his missions to the other dimensions or his journey of atonement set around Sasuke Shinden? You really gonna sit there and tell me people wouldnt go nuts for that shit?

14. Derael Well-Known Member

You're omitting the fact the first film was released 2 years after the anime debut. Almost 4 years after the manga started.

2 years (25 months and 9 days) for the manga and 1 year (14 months 13 days) for the anime.
    You guys sure aren't geniuses. That or you're being disingenuous
    Just a reminder, 3 years=36 months.

15. WorldsStrongest The wait is Over

Canada
    And in all that time all Boruto has managed to do is LOSE viewers not GAIN them

Why do you think the next 12 months are gonna be any different?

• List
  16. Derael Well-Known Member

That's not the point. Where did I even mention viewers?
    Point is that you guys are dumb can't count and need to go back to middle school.
    :apathy
    also, the anime is actually getting more audience than before, so you're wrong about that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  17. Abcdjdj1234 Well-Known Member

That's probably beacuse of the movie stuff and the fact that naruto and sasuke are involved. Remove them and it'll fall again after the Muijina arc.

This is also ignoring that boruto is a direct continuation of the naruto series, not some brand new series that needs its time like the naruto manga originally was

18. WorldsStrongest The wait is Over

Canada
    It WAS my point

So I BROUGHT it up

Your point (or rather lack thereof) be damned

It has no bearing on the fact i threw in your face

You might not wanna think about the fact Borutos viewership is FACTUALLY much smaller than Narutos was, but it is the truth

Now this is interesting

Because never did i ever claim Boruto was around as long as Naruto was :catshrug

And you have the gall to call me dumb by putting others words in my mouth and assuming im defending a viewpoint i didnt even present

Maybe youre the one who needs to go back to middle school...And learn how to differentiate between 2 people and 2 separate arguments
    :lmao

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. Derael Well-Known Member

Do I care? My post was correcting false information and you decided to respond to it with something completely unrelated. Not everything is about you, have this conversation with someone else.
    Don't respond to my post if it's not adressed to you then especially when it's about correcting people. Unless you feel concerned, you have no reason to respond. My post was about how long the show has been runing and when the first naruto movie came out. Nothing to argue about, it's facts.
    You're one to talk when you can't distinguish arguments either. I wasn't even arguing about getting Boruto movie. Get out.
    :camby
    You realize you can just check the TV rating thread right? Unless you want to sound like an idiot.
    Good job.

20. Zensuki Sasuke > your fav

:dead

SP wouldn't be in the state they are in if they were good at making decisions :mjpls:

And?
    Naruto was a new franchise at that point.
    Boruto is not.

21. Alita54 Alita>You

What would they even do the movie about? I'd rather them focus on the anime.