1. It's Time to Duel! Welcome to the NF Yu-Gi-Oh! Grand Championships. This tournament will span across 4 sections:
    Akihabara Lounge| Mafia | OBD |The Alley
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

5. A blank contract written with magical ink?! Check out our Spooktacular Trick or Treat Event.
    Dismiss Notice

Fitness Any good lifting programs to follow?

Discussion in 'Konoha Country Club' started by Virus, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Virus Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of a liftning program aimed for aesthetics? I thought of starting lifting again. Done starting strength before 6 months).

Tags:
  2. Toby <b>Detective Dollars</b>

What's your goal? Getting big or a particular type of strength?

I did lifting for size and switched to calisthenics for fitness and long term functional strength.

3. Atlantic Storm summa cum laude Administrator

depends on your current body type, how much time you're willing to invest, and also your goal

4. jayjay³² Bloodsucker

There are plenty of programs aimed for aesthetics, but these programs that promise you aesthetics are basically just trying to sell you snake oil.

You probably know this, but being aesthetic is a combination of having muscle while at a low bodyfat (8-12%).

Get on a basic lifting program (I always recommend StrongLifts 5x5, there are phone apps for this one), get strong as fuck on your compound movements, and you will build muscle. Anyone who can bench 3 plates will have a disgustingly swole looking upper body.

Fix up your diet. Hit your macros ( ) everyday and you should be able to body recomp (lose some fat while building muscle).

Wish I had some novel advice to give you for the "aesthetics", but I know what I'm talking about. Don't get caught up in the aesthetic movements/programs on youtube, these dipshits are all on gear which changes the ballgame completely. Just lift, eat right, and the aesthetics will come.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Virus Well-Known Member

Thanks Jayjay. I’ve done compound based programs before so I thought I’d change to something with higher reps. Reading your post changed my mind though so I started on stronglifts 5x5 today :).

What do you think about starting strength? Instead of 5x5 it involves 5x3 compounds.

6. savior2005 Well-Known Member

SS is a famous beginner program for a reason: it works. In recent years, a lot of people have been pushing SL 5x5 which is basically just SS with more volume. The biggest complaint with SS is that people would do their workout and then feel like they have a lot more gas in the tank. Proponents of SS would say that if you were in this boat, then you should be doing accessory movements (pull-ups, bicep curls, etc) after your SS workout.

SL is basically a beginner program that says "fuck accessory exercises" and focuses on compounds to keep you fatigued, pumped, and feel like you got a good workout in. You could still do accessories after the SL workout, but you do so much volume with the compounds that you don't even feel like doing them most of the time. You don't have to ask yourself "which accessories should I be doing?" and SL is a lot simpler and straightforward for that reason in particular.

8. Charmander Retired

Mexico
    Any experience with roids?

9. Charmander Retired

Mexico
    Any experience with roids?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List