1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Any Utena fans?

Discussion in 'Off the Air' started by Renegade Raine, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Renegade Raine Queen of GrimmHime

I just watched the whole series last month, and it's become my favorite series. I love the complexity of the characters and it's overall weirdness (you can't beat surfing elephants). Not to mention the sexayness of Touga drew me in. :p

Tags:
  2. Yakushi Kabuto Socks Activate! Shape of a

Sorry for bringing up a two year old thread, but well, it is a classic, I fell in love with the series all over again. After something like 5 years of lusting after the DVDs I finally have the entire series, no more fansubbed tapes from who knows when, woot. The Black Rose Saga is my favorite arc and the dueling music is as fantastic as I remember.

3. stardust Active Member

And I'm sorry for bringing up a three year old thread. Maybe the next post will be four years later? :lmao

Bumping to delightfully say that Nozomi Entertainment (a sub-division of Right Stuf) have the series in all its glorious high definition. It will be released across three DVD sets in 2011, which I presume may deal with an arc each. Very clever move from Nozomi, it must be said. A glance at the ANN forums has six pages going 'UTENA! MUST BUY!'. Now, if only Sailor Moon could also be rescued.

4. Kira Yamato Genei Ryodan Retired Staff

Great seeing Utena finally being licensed.

And yes, Sailor Moon Stars need to be licensed :pek

5. jkingler J. Kinglecrab, Esq.

I'm just now getting around to watching it, FINALLY. On episode 5 and not really hooked yet, though I am amused by the fact that Anthy getting slapped and the Team Rocket-like elevator recitation about the world and the egg happen with such frequency. When would you guys say it starts to get really good?

6. Yakushi Kabuto Socks Activate! Shape of a

If you like your characters screwed up Utena is the way to go. I'd say the first arc gets you to know at least a little bit about the characters and why they are the way they are. Then you get to go and learn that everything is even more screwed up than you had thought. Personally the second arc is my favorite but I'm just an all around Utena fan. :p

7. Mystic Aizen Ex 5th Squad Captain

QFT. Actually Sailormoon would hit it's 20yr anniversary in 2012. Let's just hope they decide to digitally remaster this series like they did with Dragonball and Dragonball Z.

"goes off to watch old Utena VHS tapes" :hehee

8. Creatkve Member

Probably one of my favorite scenes of any anime I've ever seen is the opening to the final episode of Utena when they're talking about the boy who drowned trying to save a girl who fell in the river.

The dialogue, presentation and mood all were just so perfect.

9. stardust Active Member

The first box set will be released in June on the seventh. And if you pre-order the three box sets on Right Stuf, you'll get an exclusive gift (not sure what it is yet - an art book, perhaps? that immense soundtrack collection spanning ten discs?) which will be shipped with the third box.

Also, you can actually send in questions to Ikuhara and the deadline is the first of April! Oh, what to ask, what to ask... It's not like Ikuhara will answer directly though. He's a delightfully evasive troll.