1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

any wiccans out there?

Discussion in 'Philosophical Forum' started by Peccas, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Peccas The One and only Peccas

ive grown an intrest in wicca over the last few weeks and i find it fascinating. can anyone tell me what one would have to do to truly become wiccan?

Tags:
  2. AbnormallyNormal 1 + 2 + 3 = 1 * 2 * 3

try www.google.com search for "wicca" or "wicca introduction" there are many diffferent types

3. Ranger Samson Member

If I were you I'd be careful. Wiccans are some of satan's major helpers. They will stop at nothing to stave you away from the truth.

4. Shanoa The blade to banish all evil

it's easy as long you do your own spells and have some plants to do some spell know some incantation and make a wand learn how to do a pendagram(be sure to know which on or else)
    im a wicca and do some magik but it depend on the situation i know both the black and white magic but the black one will return to you and have a big affect on your soul
    pm me for more info

5. Ranger Samson Member

Face it, you aren't actually doing spells. Your only attempting to defy your God.

6. Bronwen ...bored to death

Whatever you're inclined to believe, those kinds of people are NOT true Wiccans. They're called Satanists but many people have always misinterpreted that as Wiccans. Which is so not true.

Peccas70 I'm not exactly well knowledgeable in the religion but I suggests checking out books and talking to people in your area that are Wiccans. In some cases attending a class or a workship may benefit you. ^__^ What I don't suggest is looking at spellbooks, learn the principle first and foremost. There are some interesting stuff to read about them and it expands and overlaps other religions. The internet has a wide variety of information but they can also be misleading so I do suggests books and or talking to someone, attending classes or workshop.

7. Shanoa The blade to banish all evil

im not really into religion that's why i choose to belive this when you choose ti become a wicca you don't belive in god that's a basic thing you must know you'll find it in the book :notrust

8. Ranger Samson Member

I know you don't believe in him but he DOES exist, and if you don't realize that soon you will have to pay the price.

9. Shanoa The blade to banish all evil

i understand that you feel strong about this and i respect that but im not into that in order to believe you must see the proof but i have not seen anything so there's not much to believe in and who know except after your dead

10. Ranger Samson Member

There is some proof, such as the miracles performed by jesus. But I do not see any proof of Wicca's truth.

11. Shanoa The blade to banish all evil

yeah im aware of this but you have to see it forself or do the stuff yourself so there's no proof to show for the both of use beside believe you want to believe

12. AbnormallyNormal 1 + 2 + 3 = 1 * 2 * 3

you shouldnt believe what you want to believe. you should believe what SEEMS TRUE.

13. Serena_Ahnell You Trust Me, Don't You Baby?

Truth is a relative thing for most people. It may be as simple as a way someone understands something, how they relate to it, and if it agrees with their pre-existing beliefs.

As for the Jesus and Wicca thing, Jesus was written about. I'm not a Jesus person, but aside from Biblical texts I don't think there is another source saying he did what he did and there isn't any living person from 2000 years to give an eyewitness account. So what Jesus did has about the same weight as what a Wiccan did in his/her respective holy book, if there is one, because agian... There's no seperate source to corroborate the story.

The whole point is it is about belief and faith, and faith by definition isn't supposed to need evidence.

14. Elyon CP9 Liason

Do the exact opposite of what this man says.

15. drache who's afraid ofa big bad wolf?

Well first there is a question, are you looking to join a Wiccan group or just the ideals? Because I've included some Wiccan beliefs into my beliefs and thus consider myself a little Wiccan. Now if you're looking to join a coven or a local group you're gonna have to do a little digging. But it shouldn't be too hard. Are you in college? Because some colleges have groups that are sololy for people that don't believe in the major religions. After that the internet is good for finding local celebrations. As for 'becoming truely Wiccan' there's no eleborate ceremony that I know of it's just about adopting the beliefs of Wicca though there might be something formal depending on were you live.

Oh and mini, I'm sure you're trying to 'save' us all but please do stop. You're not accomplishing anything except looking like an ass and possibily making a case on why you should get a temporairy ban.

16. Elyon CP9 Liason

He's actually re-enforcing the stereotypes of Christian religious nuts. Pay no mind, he's just embarrasing himself.

Over the years, and i'm still young so you know (over 18, but I consider under 40 young), i've realized that all that ancient witchcraft and wiccanry is...just science by another name.

Combining plants and ingredients for a desired effect? Medicine, anyone?
    Casting spells using the elements? Science at its best.

You may as well call most chemical and power scientists witches. You damn sure would if we were living back in those times.

17. Verdius Professional Chad

Flag:
    United States
    Ah you and your comedy routine again, you're awlays cracking me up.

I apologize to Peccas for interrupting the thread ^^.

18. Elyon CP9 Liason

Well, you answered yourself. Jesus could have easily been a Wiccan. Curing people, raising the dead, making Wine from Water? Wiccan feats. All you need is the right herbs and plants.

Considering lack of knowledge from that time, someone with real understanding could easily bring about miracles and make themselves seem like the messenger/Son of God.

Hell, i'm inclined to think time travel would play a part here (everything done back then would be more than easily achieved in this period), but that is a bit foolish.

19. Near Seeker of Truth

20. Ranger Samson Member

No can do. The Bible tells me to try and convert the unbelievers, so I will continue to do so.

21. Elyon CP9 Liason

Doesn't the Bible also say to accept those regardless of what they think?

22. drache who's afraid ofa big bad wolf?

Not to mention that we shouldn't eat shellfish or pork. But hey selective reading of the bible isn't anything new.

And frankly I don't need to be 'saved' mini. If your god is gonna condemn me for using what he gave me then screw him and the horse he rode in on because I want nothing to do with such a petty vindictive being.

23. YamiB. GoSpieler

Go to the library and see what you can find there. Take everything you read about it with a grain of salt and try to develop a sense of which people are talking out of their ass.

One writer to be particularly weary of is Silver Ravenwolf.

24. Shanoa The blade to banish all evil

25. Valentine ♥ Sing it like a drunken prophet

Elyon PWNs this thread...I agree with all his posts in here...