1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Some Pokémon went missing during Easter time. Please, help us to solve this case. Check Detective Pikachu and the Eggstravaganza Case.

Dismiss Notice
  6. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Anybody actually cared about Naruto's training?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Danchou, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Danchou Antagonist

I expected more focus on Asuma's death, but all we got was Naruto-Kakashi talk. Maybe It made more of an impact on me, but it isn't often that a prominent character dies. Anybody feel the same

The glimpse of the inner workings of Akatsuki was nice to see though. It was also relevant for the progress of the plot, unlike our clueless little protagonist.

Tags:
  2. Grrblt Banned

I was interested in seeing what was going on, but I was disappointed to learn that Naruto hadn't made any progress.

3. Gunners .

No I wanted to know of the training, granted no progress was made, we saw him make a mental breakthrough. To be honest I don't really care of Asuma's death the only thing I care about know is whether he blades will move on to Naruto.

4. geG Very Rude

Don't worry, Asuma's death will come into the story eventually. They just have to get his body back to Konoha.

5. NeoDMC Shell-Head

Yeah, it was nice to see, but the fact that it could have easilly been an extension of the last time we seen him, I was a little dissappointed.

Anyways...Did anyone notice that Naruto sweats like...a waterfall of sweat?

6. Iruka ♡♥~カカシxイルカ~♥♡

It's the rain. :oh

I care about Naruto's training. It's exciting to know what kind of method he'll use to achieve his goal. Beside, Asuma just died so a funeral can't happen yet because....Shikamaru them hasn't gotten back to konoha yet.

7. TenshiOni Active Member

Oh yeah, I was really looking foward to his progess. Unfortunately, he hasn't accomplished anything, but it's realistic that way.

Asuma isn't that prominent of a character, imo, but I think he'll get further mention in the next chapter.

8. kulgan18 Mecha freak.

IF kishi show us a naruto's training chapter one more time am gonna go nuts.
    Why does he needs to show us every step of the training anyway? a basic explanation here and there is enough.
    We all know is gonna happen when he needs it...:notrust

Naruto should be a little more like one piece when it comes to techniques training

9. louis We are Lasers-Lupe Fiasco

I for one was very interested in his training and i can't wait to see what he figured out

10. Iruka ♡♥~カカシxイルカ~♥♡

Because Naruto is the main character and this is pretty much a Naruto story story. :oh Thus we get to see both successful and failure times of the Naruto. Beside for the last few chapters we haven't been shown anything on the Naruto's training and Kishimoto does cut to the chase. He didn't cut any of the Asuma vs Hiden & Kakazu battle to show us the Naruto's training because it'll just be a repition of what he have already shown us before.

If you think about the Naruto's training that we have been shown, Naruto either make a discover of some thing to help him improve on his training or something is being explained to Naruto and us at the same time for better understanding. This time is no different. Naruto found something in the petty talk from Kakashi and his demonstration to move a step nearer to his goal even if it's not easily reached. That's why Kishimoto doesn't just show pointless scene of the training with the same thing repeating with no improvement or something to move it a step higher.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2006
  11. Pyre's Plight ...

It was nice to catch up with him, but it is a shame that he hasn't learned much. No matter, Naruto was never a fast learner anyway. Glad to see he's using his head.

The only thing I'm dissapointed with is this self doubt he's developed in part 2.
    He needs to drop that.

12. Saf The Fresh Prince of Konoha

On the contrary, he needs to keep that UP. A truly intelligent and mature person is haunted by self-doubt constantly. If he's ever to overcome the "Deranged circus clown in an orange jumpsuit" image, he needs to wizen up.

13. Dead on Arrival Nagato is...

A day in real time has passed, and no doubt his control of wind chakra has increased exponentially due to the KG-training method, but because he hasn't already surpassed the Yondaime he hasn't accomplishing anything? Sheesh...

14. Gunners .

To be honest I am glad no progress was made to a degree, you have to look at the time which has passed in the manga, probably a day or 2. The reason why its being shown and explained is it is a jutsu which the fourth couldn't learn I think Kishimoto wants to show us how difficult it is so we don't assume it easy.

Naruto self doubt this chapter I put that down to maturity, when he was younger he would say a lot of things without realising the difficult, now he takes it into consideration.

15. Keyser S?ze Formerly Midnight Joker

i cared, although it looks as though the "answer" to his problem is using 2 bunshins and having them simultaneously adding shape and form to rasengan. i think atleast that's what's going to happen.

16. Descent of the Lion What 0Fear has always been

No...I want to see training. I hate it when a whole chapter is wasted on grief.

17. Rhaella nothing but the rain

Nope. I practically skipped ahead to the Akatsuki part. :amuse

18. ssaxamaphone One Piece > Naruto + Bleach

obviously. But thats what ive been saying. Actually what i said a couple weeks ago is the way Naruto is going to defeat the AL is by creating a bunch of KBs and one KB does the rasengan while the other put all the elements into the rasengan (fire, lightning, wind, etc), and then the rasengan is super mega powerful with all the elements and then he uses hiraishin and then BOOM SHADOW rasengan (combining all the elemental tech in chrono trigger results in shadow magic, lol) to the dome!

19. Futagokage Runaway Kage

I cared, but not a lot. One of the things I like it is that most of us were sure this was going to be the "Asuma's funeral" chapter, but was not, it's really interesting how things advance.

20. Rokudaime Active Member

I actually care for Naruto training..in fact, I am interested with it.

21. Cardboard Jewsuke Draffut

As soon as it was said his new jutsu was just a fancy Rasengan, i stopped caring. A Kage Bushin randomly going tails didn't help it in my eyes at all.

22. Di@BoLik Who turned the lights off?

I want to see the jutsu. now.

23. B.o.t.i Active Member

I don't know man too much kagebunshin to do everything man its gettig quite sickenening i don't see why he can't end up doing the move 1 handed or 2 handed at best .

F88k next we will have everydamn jutsu being done by kage bunshin quite annoying man plus using a kb do do a justu wont reallly work in all battles.
    It just delays the attack.

The trainings alright could be better there's 6 more days given I would like to see a few pages 3 max getting spent on other elements & stuff not entire chapters have to be quite fast now.

As for this damn jutsu 3 bunshins will just be lame 1 bunshin is enough man what would just be lamer would be naruto doing what he did with the odaama rasengan it would be lame because he had the answer from the start.

pff I personally would prefer the move to be one handed & at worst a two handed move hadokenesq stance.Just think having a bunshin drag along will just slow you down don't see it working against most people.

24. Dariusd Active Member

Training is lam because how will that help him get at the level needed to even land a hit on his foes? We haven't seen any tactics for increase in speed, and being able to out think those who might not have the raw power of naruto but are faster. It's gonna be hard to imagine Naruto landing a rasengan on someone from Akatsuki unless they fall for the Kabuto paralysis no jutsu.

IMO he already has the power now he just needs the other things, like what Sasuke displayed that speed and such.

25. Shishi-O Oda Is God

yeah, ah,...i acyually care more about naruto's training.

not trying to be an ass or anything, it's true.

i guess i don't like facing death, besides, naruto's training will be postponed the mement kakashi finds out about asuma's death.:wink

26. Yamato (Inactive) Banned

Fuck Naruto. We need more Yugito.

27. Godeiche The Great Sharincat

I hope not. God, no.

We've seen the bunshins enough already. I was actually happy the first time Naruto pumped out a rasengan without any bunshin, and I'd be quite sad if he had to rely on those again. In my mind, he was getting away from that "one jutsu man" image he built over the course of time. Enough of that already. I'd like the bunshins to be a strategic tool, not the solution to everything.

Mind you, he could LEARN how to do it using bunshins, then train and eventually do it without clones, and I'd be the happiest man on this Earth (at least of this forum, anyway).

28. RAGING BONER Sexual Tyrannosaurus

i think thats pretty much a given by now...i mean, if sasuke gets a pony then naruto has to get one too.

29. MasterOdin Stargazer

I do care. I have actually enjoyed Naruto's training because there has been so much talk about the nature of chakra and how to create a jutsu.

Sure, not much had changed since we last left Naruto, but not much time has actually passed by. It made sense to cut to Naruto's training so they have time to get Asuma's body back to Konoha.

Also, I wonder if the so-called "wind rassengan" will just be a suped-up rassengan or if it might be something we do not expect. Part of what has been keeping my interest up with this is if Naruto does really complete the jutsu (likely he will), he should be able to theoretically create any kind of jutsu he wants after that since he would have combined nature manipulation with the "ultimate" form manipulation. After that, anything else should be a piece of cake. (Okay, maybe not as much for for Naruto.)

30. Franckie Shinigami Chop

I cared, because there's a hint that he might have gotten an idea to progress with his jutsu. :)