1. img
    Come join the first ever Café Banner Contest!
    Deadline is September 17th at 11:59 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Come enter in the Contest Central Drawing Contest!
    Deadline for entries is Sunday, September the 15th at 10pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

Anybody else think first 100 chapters of Part 2 = filler

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by The Fool, Jun 2, 2007.

1. The Fool

I know people are bashing Naruto, Konoha, etc... but I have to believe that Kishi originally thought of opening part 2 with Oro vs Sasuke at chapter 345. Other than the wind training arc which is something that got left out of part 1, nothing at all changes this. You have a return to Konoha arc, and then you have switch to Sasuke killing Orochimaru and then you switch back to Naruto training with his former sensei and then Jiraiya pops back in and says Oro has been slain by Sasuke... and bam, we are only in like chapter 20 of Part 2 and it is totally badass. We at that point know zero about about either Sasuke or Naruto and yet they are headed on a collision course, which is where we are at now.

I really believe that the Sai, 2nd Sasuke retrieval, and Gaara arc were filler to draw out the manga. What we are seeing now is the beginning of the 2nd part manga as envisioned by Kishi. Dismiss everything you've seen about Naruto the character up until this point other than maybe wind training... Kishi was obviously holding bak. Same goes for Sasuke, but to a lesser extent.

Tags:
  2. Astaroth

This could be evident by the fact that Sasuke was the first thing in Shippuuden episode 1, even if it was kind of a forshadowing thing. Whereas I don't necessarily think it's filler, I do agree with you that Kishimoto meant to do it in a different order. Maybe people would be pissing and moaning less about part 2 if it were that way instead.

3. The Fool

By "filler" I mean just a few side arcs apart from the main storyline and character development that Kishi had already written. I do agree that people would be bitching less if Kishi had started with chapter 345 after the Return to Konoha chapters.

4. Khamzul

So Sasori, Hidan, Asuma's death, Kakazu, Akatsukis plan, KN4, Danzou and Chiyo where all filler?

5. Astaroth

So do you mean 'separate but still relevant'? If so, I agree.

6. Kno7

So do I. Althought part 2's first chapters don't necessarily involve the main storyline in it's entirety, many events are rather important. For example, Shukaku extraction, Kakashi's MS, KN4, Chiyo, Asuma's death, Sasori, Hidan, Kazuzu, Akatsuki's plans, the other extractions of the Bijuu, Naruto's new jutsu...and so on.