1. Hello Guest,

The Konoha Country Club is hosting its first Poetry Competition!
    The theme of the competition is "What does friendship mean to you?"

If you are interested in entering, please click here.

-- NarutoForums Staff
    Dismiss Notice

2. The second Alley Banner contest is finally here! Come check it out here for details
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

6. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  7. [​IMG]

House of Uzumaki has a new banner contest! Please, check here for details.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone care to explain?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by starmandeluxe, Jun 2, 2007.

1. starmandeluxe Member

I was a little lost...how exactly is Orochimaru living through Kabuto? I believe at the last page it says "Through Kabuto, Orochimaru lives on," but either way, was it somewhere explained as to wtf just happened, or is that going to be left to the subsequent chapters?

Tags:
  2. Shiron BOING!!!

The manga explained this itself; Kabuto put (a piece of) Orochimaru's soul into his body:
    Spoiler:

3. TenshiOni Active Member

^Personally, I don't trust that translation.

If we're going by Nihongaeri's translation (who I trust above most), Kabuto simply says something along the lines of "Now with Orochimaru-sama integrated into his body..." I'd need confirmation that the word "soul" is actually used.

I believe Kabuto, being the medical nin psycho that loves to play with dead bodies that he is, simply fused his body with the leftover corpse of Orochimaru (recall, Sasuke kinda walked alway and left the giant white snake behind).

This makes sense because Kabuto has always shown interest in the leftover bodies after Orochimaru transmigrates. As he explained to Sasori/Yamato on the bridge of Heaven & Earth, he was requested by the real Sasori to investigate the remains of Oro's transmigration jutsu by the real Sasori but was never able to due to Orochimaru always casting a protective jutsu over the leftovers (chapter 290 for those curious).

4. Shiron BOING!!!

Ah, I didn't know that Nihongaeri did something different; in that case, I'd go with his trasnlation. Not to metnion it makes a lot more sense that Kabuto actually messing around with Orochimaru's soul. So, I'd have to say that what you're saying is the most likely case here, as it makes more sense than anything else I've heard thus far.

5. vagnard Well-Known Member

Kabutosuke wouldn't make sense if there a chance of Orosuke. So...

a) Kabuto integrated Oro's soul into his body making possible for Oro take the body in the future.

b)"Old Orochimaru" is dead forever and this will be Orochimaru 2.0 who will surpass the existance of the first version taking parts of Oro's body (and maybe other bodies too)

6. Yakushi Kabuto Socks Activate! Shape of a

Simply, Kabuto gouged an Orochimaru eye from the left over boy and out it in his own eye socket. Does it mean that any part of Orochimaru's soul/conciousness or whatever is there along with it? I don't think so, but if Kabuto starts acting like Orochimaru, I wouldn't be surprised, the power of deluding oneself is strong.

7. Shiron BOING!!!

As I said elsewhere, yes, it does. How better for Kabutomaru to find out if he's surpassed Orochimaru, then by ending up fighting him? It is a bit odd, but it does make sense.

8. Odlam Team 7 4 Life

Yeah, just because we've had this strange turn of events with Kabuto doesn't mean that Orochimaru's spirit within Sasuke is ruled out.

Right now we have a physical reincarnation of Orochimaru going on with Kabuto, and we still have his spiritual essence locked away inside of Sasuke.

I'm in heavy anticipation of the next Kabuto/Sasuke reunion. I have to wonder if they combination of Orochimaru's DNA/body in one fighter, and his soul in the other, won't spark some kind of reaction.

9. vagnard Well-Known Member

It's not gonna happen. In this moment what the manga what really lacks are villians....it's stupid to put to main villians to fight between them. Kabuto knows very well Orochimaru. He doesn't need to fight against him to measure his powers. He even knew about the ritual's dimension.....he knows practically everything about Oro and now he carry his will....why he would fight the same man he honors?. It makes no sense.

The whole talk about Oro's rebirth would makes no sense if there are 2 Oros...and one of them is the real....Kabuto speech would be pointless because Oro's will would exist anyway independant of him.

For me Kabutomaru rules out Orosuke definitively out of the manga.

Kabuto will either have the soul of Orochimaru or the Will and his powers. In any case we can't talk of Kabuto anymore....he is living the dreams of another person....he can become the new Orochimaru metaphorically.

10. Mateus. Van Hes.

Who knows? One thing for sure is he's definately lost it.

11. King Scoop Well-Known Member

What I think he meant was that Oro's legacy/dream will live on with him. He just integrated a part of Oro's body onto himself as a way to honor him.

12. Edo Αρχίδια

I am confused too...I was not ready for Kabuto now to be honest and had just gotten over the fact that Oro was done for!!

Oh well it seems to me Kabuto is now a mix of Gaara and Sasuke.....like Sasuke that has to surpass his brother Kabuto wants to surpass Oro and like Gaara that was shown the path by Naruto, Kabuto admits that Naruto showed him the way too!!

Todate I think Kabuto is the most mysterious character in Narutoverse, he did many things in the past that just don't fit in the whole picture!! Why did he save Hinata, why did he try to kill Sasuke?! why the hell did he feel better with Oro than with the medic nin that raised him?!!!

I don't know!...unless he really turns out to be the 8-tailed beat...for some reason I think a confrontation between the 9-tailed and the 8-tailed is inevitable!