1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone else dissappointed on White Imperial Blade on the Anime?

Discussion in 'Court of Pure Souls' started by Morpheus_VGX, Dec 3, 2005.

1. Morpheus_VGX The last puppet master

Anyone else dissappointed on White Imperial Blade on the Anime?

As I could see, Byakuya's White Imperial Blade was some sort of white lightsaber, something different than his regular unreleased sword. That was the interesting thing, a white sword (white pride) vs a black sword ( black passion or desire ). To me, it looked special and I really liked it. But in the Anime it was just his regular katana, which has no special design. That's a pitty. Am I right or wrong? What do you guys think?

Tags:
  2. earthshine Banned

wtf are you talking about? it looked awsome. why are you looking at the blade when the energy around the man is the really cool part of the attck, same with ichigo

3. Morpheus_VGX The last puppet master

The blade looked different in the manga, that was the coolest thing. Like a compressed bankai. What's the point in saying white blade is the blade is as white (metal) as any other? That's my point.

4. ichinii30 Member

huh? what's the difference?

5. Tousenz Banned

I agree what are you talking about. That whole scene was just like I imagined it.

Must be one of those random topics ppl post to see if ppl agree with them.

6. TDW The New King

Ill say this. You're right and you're wrong. You're right in the fact that in the manga during that attack they made his sword white...however, in the manga for the most part Byakuyas' sword looks white almost all the time. They didnt really give any color to it during that fight, so really there was not a difference when he normally fought in the manga and the White Imperial Blade attack.

Normal fighting with sword before bankai

Normal fighting with sword after bankai

White Imperial Blade

Thats probably where you're seeing the difference, from the anime giving the blade more color during that part of the fight then the manga made it out to be. The blade originally was supposed to have more of a white color. If you look at the part of the fight after he does that move devoted to attackin the manga, you should see what I mean.

Actually I should say, in the anime they gave it that pink color, except at times when Byakuya was holding the sword after he did his bankai, it changed in to a real sword, so the pink disapeared. While in the manga, after he relased his bankai in the manga it always had a whitish color when he held it.

Actually, if you really want to talk about disappointment, I would go more towards Ichigo's side of the attack. I mean, dont get me wrong, I thought that was cool how they did it, but the manga made it out to be like he grows one giant black wing (sort of like Sephiroth if you guys know FF7). But it showed the power coming out of the sword, like he was putting all his strength behind it literally. But dont get me wrong, it was still cool how they did it, but I liked the manga better.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2005
  7. Mindless Ergo Proxy

I was quite dissappointed with the whole fight. It seemed to lack all the speed and punch it had in the manga.

But yeah, I agree, Byakuya's Hakuteiken was amazing in the manga when you saw it. It seemed so amazing, but in the anime is was like: "Wow, he has like, wings made of flowers... cool..." -or something.

But I'm still quite pleased with Bleach if you were to compare it to other manga-based animes when it comes to making special attacks and so on... *cough* Naruto *cough*...

8. ShuiMei Member

Yeah, I just caught up with the Anime the other day and after watching the fight I was kind of disappointed, it just wasn't as exciting as it was in the manga, it may have to do with the fact that I already knew the outcome of the fight, but even still, stylistically speaking, it did indeed as Mindless said, lack all the "speed and punch" it had in the manga.

Ichigo didn't seem as cool as he did in the manga xD neither did Byakuya. The flowers just didn't work for me in the Anime =x which is disappointing since I adore Byakuya [they also cut out Byakuya's comparision of Ichigo to Kaien *groans*]

9. Hef Night Work

I agree, it lacked the speed and punch it had in the manga. I found Soi Fong vs. Yoruichi the same; it just wasn't the same. I'm not saying the anime screwed up the fights, I'm saying that they could've done better. :\

Oh, moving this to Court of Pure Souls. That's where the rest of the manga-anime comparison threads are. :woo Just remember to use spoiler tags if you want to talk about future events. :wink

10. Tousenz Banned

You mean like how _______ so totally pwned when ______ came and tried to kill _______ but then they just whipped out _______ and pwned him with _______

But that would have nothing to do with this <.<

Spoiler:
    Rukia's white blade would though. Seeing even though there not really brother and sister they both possess the same aesthetic nature in there sword.

11. Tsukiyomi Crazy Cyborg Monkey

Actually it was almost exactly how I pictured it, I was glad it was whit and not pink like all the other forms of his sword.

12. Seon Sero Master....

well you are talking about the blade itself right? if it's that then i personally see no difference,but in the anime i think your talking about them less enphisizing the amount of power Byakuya was showing off,first of all I think the fact that he brought up that it was his ultimate form of Senbonzakura is enough and the fact that there was friggin power coming off his blade,with that amount of power I didn't honestly care what the blade itself looked like

13. crystal-kay Leo's Lover, Haru

I thought it was awesome.

14. Megaharrison Eternal President of the Cafe Retired Staff

It was as good as the anime could make it.

The Bleach anime is far below the manga...This is a fact you can not escape.

15. Morpheus_VGX The last puppet master

Why do some people get all pissed off when someone talks about dissappointment??. In the manga, I pictured a white blade at the Bankai's final form. If it is a technique, then the sword should have looked different than his normal unreleased sword, and it looked the same. I am not talking about the pink color and stuff, but the final form. They should have shown something like a white lightsaber, because that's how it looked in the manga. Furthermore, Byakuya's normal unreleased sword is quite simple and ordinary and this final form could have make up for that.

16. Mister_T Meh..

Senbonzakura vs zangetsu: Meh
    Tensa Zangetsu: Hmm...
    SenKai: Oh...
    Hollow Ichigo: Ooooh...
    Hesenka (white Imperial Blade): Ho ho ho

17. Corwin Trained Stalemate Associate

I was a little dissapointed that it looked like a regular sword. But hey, all in all that attack is cool. Byakuya is a real master, he can use his bankai in so many ways :laugh